[drama 2009] 2009 Alien Baseball Team / Strike Love 2009 외인구단

Guest C51236

Guest Q_Park

^ Thank you very very much WITHS2~~! ^_^

I'm soooooo glad that 2009 ABT will at least have its ending shown. When I saw that ending in Korea, I felt like punching something. LOL jk

Does anybody know when the rest of ABT will be aired in Japan and where I can watch/download it online? Please and thank you!!!

- Kyu

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the unattractive midget finally gets his woman but the taller, more attractive lead role does NOT get a chance in hell with his woman, or ANY woman.

Utter nonsense. An absolute injustice.

As I was watching this, hoping for some resolution or compromise to the unbearable angst, this series ended up pissing me off, even more so towards the end. Real life is unfair enough, but a fictional story with incredible hardship, bad luck, and melancholy such as what happened in Hye Sung's life deserved a proper uplifting conclusion, not the disappointing ending that Episode 16 presented. In fact, "disappointing" would be an understatement.

Well I'm for one glad overseas it will most likely get a more conclusive story.

I started watching this but stopped midway since all the news about how this ended. I'm going to watch it when its COMPLETELY finished. That's so stupid of the station..

But whatever, they gotta do what they can for themselves to make money I guess..

Guest majata

Reading how low the ratings for this drama are, I was really hesitant to watch it especially after news of the drama ending earlier, cutting out 4 episodes. I thought I'll just try to watch 1-2 episodes to judge for myself and boy AM I SURPRISED. This drama is very good, the romance angle, the sports angle, the sacrifice angle even a few comedic moments. They shouldn't have shortened this drama even with the low ratings. This deprived us of a really worthy top notched drama to enjoy till the end. What a big big wrong decision :tongue2: :tears:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest archive18

Are they going to release the last 4 episodes as how it finished in episode 16 was utter rubbish. It left way too many questions unanswered. :huh:

If it is left as it is, then it's been a complete waste of a very good drama and a waste of all our time watching it. I really liked this one. :D

Are they going to release the last 4 episodes as how it finished in episode 16 was utter rubbish. It left way too many questions unanswered. :huh:

If it is left as it is, then it's been a complete waste of a very good drama and a waste of all our time watching it. I really liked this one. :D

i agree, i really enjoyed watching this drama despite awful baseball skills by the actors. The director and the writers stink like butt for ending this drama the way they did. I had never seen such an incomplete unfinished drama like this one. Fricken joke.

Guest archive18

i love this drama but like the rest of you guys i wish the ending was alot better. BUT good news!!! i jus read this on dramabeans. im def. going to wait for the full 20 episode now. yAy=)

Strike Love’s chopped ending will get more development overseas

June 24th, 2009 // by javabeans

MBC’s weekend sports drama Strike Love unfortunately got cut off early due to flagging ratings — its initial 20-episode run was cut to 16, even though the production had by that point nearly finished filming all 20. That meant that the last week of the series was rushed to cram in content and left out much of the story that meant to follow — leaving viewers dissatisfied with hanging story threads. (It was pointed out that the shortening may have been a hasty decision, as the drama picked up in ratings toward its end).

In any case, at least Strike Love will have the chance to air its full 20 episodes overseas, and will broadcast in countries like Japan the way it was meant to be seen. Lead actor Yoon Tae-young picked up a fan base after his role in Legend, which was quite popular in Japan (all hail Yonsama power).

According to the production side, a different ending had been intended originally. The first 16 episodes had unraveled as planned, but they had to hastily swap out the ending to wrap the series. I guess this means, if you really liked Strike Love, maybe you should wait to see the Japanese broadcast for a satisfactory resolution?

credit: javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/

Is this right? Have anyone heard if and when this will happen? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest purpleZ

Just finished watching this drama today. The chopped ending left many unanswered questions. HS hadn't even known that it's his daughter. No focus on the love triangle anymore on the last 2 episodes only the baseball games and the baseball team. Very disappointed. It's too bad though because it's a good drama. Kim Min Jung's acting has improved too. If the news about airing the full episodes overseas is true, where can we download and will it be available on DVD? Such a good drama wasted. I thought the ratings were not that bad at all. Around 8-%10% average.

Anyway, sharing some photos of KMJ and YTY. Think they're quite comfortable with each other.

2009052220010731633_200923_8.jpg

2009052220010731633_200923_9.jpg

2009052220010731633_200923_10.jpg

2009052220010731633_200923_11.jpg

2009052220010731633_200923_12.jpg

2009052219294720870_194009_1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest C51236

"Strike Love" eyeing homerun with Japanese audience

Reporter.Lucia Hong

Editor.Jessica Kim

strike3.jpg

Korean baseball drama "Strike Love" may be set at scoring big in Japan with recent indicators revealing that it is winning the race against other popular Korean dramas aired in the country, according to the show's producer Green City Pictures Inc. on Thursday.

The sports drama, aired every Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Fuji TV's CS channel starting March 18, has been the most-searched Korean show for two consecutive weeks on Fuji TV's official website.

Other Korean dramas currently broadcast in the country include 2009 smash hit series "Queen Seon-duk (MBC, 2009)," "Friend, Our Legend (MBC, 2009)" and "The Land of the Wind (2008, KBS)."

"Strike Love," which originally aired in Korea in May 2009, was scheduled for a 20- episode run but was cut short by four shows after suffering from low ratings.

Green City include deleted episodes as well as shooting extra scenes for the series being shown in Japan.

"Love Strike" can also be watched online an hour later after its airing every Thursday through some 150 websites distributed by the online distribution company GVIX.

"Strike" is based on a popular comic series by noted Korean artist Lee Hyun-sae. Korean actors Yoon Tae-young and Park Sung-min star as two baseball players who are in love with the same girl, played by actress Kim Min-joung.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

link to original article: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...040814112991635

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C51236

Korean drama "Strike Love" in talks for Japanese remake

strikelove.jpg

^Strike Love Official poster

Korean baseball drama "Strike Love," being broadcast in Japan since mid-March, is in discussions for a Japanese remake, according to the show's producer Green City Pictures Inc. on Wednesday.

An official from Green City Pictures stated in a press release that "nothing is final yet but we are in talks with two production companies in Japan for selling over rights for a remake."

"The elements of rivalry, love and revenge between the two male characters in 'Love' has struck a cord of interest in the Japanese market," explained director Song Chang-soo of "Strike Love."

The sports drama, which began its run on March 18 on Fuji TV's CS channel, was the most-searched show for two consecutive weeks on the company's official website since its premiere.

"Strike Love" was originally a 20-part series which aired in Korea in May 2009 but was cut short by four shows after suffering from low ratings.

"Strike" is based on a popular comic series by noted Korean artist Lee Hyun-sae. Korean actors Yoon Tae-young and Park Sung-min star as two baseball players who are in love with the same girl, played by actress Kim Min-joung.

Lucia Hong luciahong@

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

Original article: 10.asiae.co.kr

Archived