[[ W-inds Thread ]]

Guest sHIK-kUN

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest lovecity.

*SLAPS MYSELF* GAHH... i'm so behind on my JPOP >.< ;; okok ... i'm gonna DL their new single/pv now! *runs away*

Guest dr jung

The band is so great... I just feel bad for them because they can't really do much performances in Japan.. poor boys.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lordofstones

w-inds.= <3

wahaha... i like Ryuichi...

I heard about certain people not letting them go on programmes like Heyx3 to perform... any idea where i can get more info on these?

Guest dr jung

I heard about certain people not letting them go on programmes like Heyx3 to perform... any idea where i can get more info on these?

That's right. They can't perform on big programs because of Vision's (their agency) stupid former CEO.

When Da Pump came out several years ago, that CEO claimed that Da Pump isn't gonna be like Johnny's SMAP because Da Pump members actually have talent (you know.. SMAP is really popular, but I do think that the members sort of.. lack talent when it comes to singing haha =X ).

Ultimately, that Vision CEO announced that Vision boys aren't gonna be on shows which Johnny's boys are gonna be on. That was the tactically the stupidest crap he could have ever said, because.. you see.. Johhny's boys are EVERYWHERE. so.. yeah. Think about it, NEWS, KAT-TUN< V6, Tokio, SMAP, Johhny's JR, Kinki Kids.. you see them on Japanese TV every single day; drama, variety show, music program..

Music Station, Music Fighter, Utawara, Heyx3, Utaban, the big ones you hear, they won't be on (but some big Vision bands do go on.. but rarely).

Not until Vision publicly appologizes to Johhny Kitagawa, you won't see a talented group like w-inds on a big music program. :)

Guest ikuZE

That's right. They can't perform on big programs because of Vision's (their agency) stupid former CEO.

When Da Pump came out several years ago, that CEO claimed that Da Pump isn't gonna be like Johnny's SMAP because Da Pump members actually have talent (you know.. SMAP is really popular, but I do think that the members sort of.. lack talent when it comes to singing haha =X ).

Ultimately, that Vision CEO announced that Vision boys aren't gonna be on shows which Johnny's boys are gonna be on. That was the tactically the stupidest crap he could have ever said, because.. you see.. Johhny's boys are EVERYWHERE. so.. yeah. Think about it, NEWS, KAT-TUN< V6, Tokio, SMAP, Johhny's JR, Kinki Kids.. you see them on Japanese TV every single day; drama, variety show, music program..

Music Station, Music Fighter, Utawara, Heyx3, Utaban, the big ones you hear, they won't be on (but some big Vision bands do go on.. but rarely).

Not until Vision publicly appologizes to Johhny Kitagawa, you won't see a talented group like w-inds on a big music program. :)

Wow, where did you get this from? Your the first person that came up with this story and have everything backwards. It is JOhnny Kitagawa that monopolizes. He's the one that threatened the music stations to choose between JE and VF. And of course they chose JE since they've been around for much longer. VF has no power over JE, so the only way i know he would even consider saying that is if Johnny already made his move. You must want people to hate VF or something.

Guest Yungeekun

^I believe this statement to be true. Now, its getting worse than ever for VF. Johnny is making sure VF (the people with real talent) dont mess up his business and losing fans. JE has gained a lot of fans and feels worried that VF has such talent. JE only consists of guys with good looks. About it. They really dont work hard to get fans. Except shake their hips a few times. VF over JE anyday.

Guest akirasberry

dr jung - i think you've got it the wrong way around

i mean why would vf try to do that when johnny has more power

think about it

it is johnny who is controlling musicstations etc so that only je gets more publicity

Guest BabyK

^I believe this statement to be true. Now, its getting worse than ever for VF. Johnny is making sure VF (the people with real talent) dont mess up his business and losing fans. JE has gained a lot of fans and feels worried that VF has such talent. JE only consists of guys with good looks. About it. They really dont work hard to get fans. Except shake their hips a few times. VF over JE anyday.

OH HELL YES MAN! VF KICKS richard simmons! w-inds. ALWAYS & FOREVER! no matter what man!

JE is trying too hard and I feel bad for w-inds. because they are working TOO HARD!

I really hate JE for doing this... Stupid old man Johnny Kitagawa... *punches him*

Guest dare2move

(TT^TT) stupid old man boy-rapist. >O

my poor w-inds... ah~ they have awesome music and dance moves and they're just adorable and their concert costumes are 100000000x better than JE boys' costumes... i really want to see them do more!!!!

(not that i don't love my JE groups but this is too much. w-inds deserves more respect.)

Guest BabyK

I think w-inds. deserve a break now... They're working WAYYYY too hard. I don't want ANYONE in w-inds. to get hurt again....

Guest dr jung

Wow, where did you get this from? Your the first person that came up with this story and have everything backwards. It is JOhnny Kitagawa that monopolizes. He's the one that threatened the music stations to choose between JE and VF. And of course they chose JE since they've been around for much longer. VF has no power over JE, so the only way i know he would even consider saying that is if Johnny already made his move. You must want people to hate VF or something.

dr jung - i think you've got it the wrong way around

i mean why would vf try to do that when johnny has more power

think about it

it is johnny who is controlling musicstations etc so that only je gets more publicity

I will answer all of these at the same.. at the best of my ability... B)

Of course w-inds fans would want to believe that it's 100% Johnny's fault that w-inds can't perform on big stage. Hey, I like w-inds along with all the precious Johnny boys. It's very unfortunate that the boys can't shine just like others.

I heard from my Japanese friend.. that he said it publicly. :phew: It was back in the days.. perhaps late 90's. Vision CEO, when Da Pump just came out, he said my boys are gonna be better than yours, Johnny. (Not word for word, of course)

Johnny.. threatening music stations? He doesn't really need to.. people are already afraid of him without Johhny-san himself ever getting into business because if those producers do anything stupid, Johnny'd pull out all of his boys.. and Japan's music programs would have... no one (not literally, but you know.) I guess you can say he's passively controlling.. but that's just.. an angry assumption :D

Like I said, Vision is the one who challenged JE. (Indeed it was tactically.. the dumbest thing ever) Why did Vision do what it did? Because, the stupid CEo thought by saying such "controversial" statement, Vision boys would get more publicity.. except no.. it backfired

You know why? Let's see. Just a few big shows..

Utaban, no way Vision boy's will ever get on. SMAP's Nagai is one of the hosts.

Music Station.. I think it's just that they'd choose JE boys over Vision boys

UtaWara.. nope once again.. cohosted by MatsuJun.. KAT-TUN boys as regulars

Heyx3. This is kinda funny.. Vision boys used to rule this show until 2003 when NEWS started doing its volleyball thing. since then, not one appearance by Vision boys

Domokyodai. who is this hosted by? Kinki kids...

Waratte Iitomo.. hmm. hosted by Nagai, Tsuyoshi, Shingo.. SMAP boys (men rather;-; )

Okay, that's enough. There are so many other shows that are JE boys go on.. filled with them.. that when the CEO said, my boys don't have to be on the shows which Johnny's boys are on, it basically translated into, hey guys.. I've decided that my boys will not be on TV.. ever.

Anyways.

Umm.. in Japan.. it's known that once a fan is a fan to a certain group, he/she remains loyal to that group (unless something extreme happens).. that'd be why Johnny wouldn't be afraid of "losing" fans. I think he's too busy to actually get into the whole rivalry crap. Even if he is.. quite honestly, losing some number of fans won't hurt. From a little girl to grandma, they all like Johnny boys. (remember that Johnny's jimusho started in the 60s...)

Monopolizing.. probably wasn't intentional. It's just that.. Johnny was so successful.

Also.. not all JE boys are all about looks. I personally think SMAP is the only lacking group.. sort of.. and then others are really talented... (V6, tokio, etc)

In the end, you can blame Vision Factory itself for lack of activities of its artists. The company isn't financially supporting the band (w-inds). If it really wants w-inds to go big, it would do anything to make it happen. There are soooo many things it can do to better promote w-inds, even if the boys can't go on many TV shows. (I think I've seen them on PopJam and whatnot)

I'm STILL amazed how w-inds has done so far.. without the meat of promotion, the boys have done so well.. sold many singles, albums.. Aren't they pretty popular in other countries? Yeeaah.

ikuZE: hell yeah, Vision is cursed. I really think Vision made a huge mistake. But I don't want to make people hate Vision or anything. Why would I? ;) It's just that.. the company isn't.. doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Believe it or not.

Guest Kiwiee

Well, that's a little strange...I don't believe Vision Factory existed when Da Pump came out. They were Rising Production, then Freegate before becoming Vision Factory. And the CEO you mentioned was arrested in 2003 and sentenced to 30 years in prison (when RP became Freegate before it became VF). Coincidentally, the same year that w-inds. stopped appearing on Heyx3. Or maybe it's not a coincidence...who knows? In any case, while we may be putting too much blame on JE, you're putting too much of it on VF. The company is doing what it can with all the stuff that's been happening within it. I doubt the "threat" that you say the former CEO made would be taken seriously so many years later, in 2001 from the debut of w-inds. on....especially after his arrest.

And seeing as VF boys do appear on shows the JE appears on, it doesn't quite fit into your formula, does it? w-inds. are regulars on shows like Popjam, Music Fighter, CDTV...Lead also appears on Music Fighter and until recently, Popjam. Both of these groups have appeared on Waratte Iitomo last year (so, by the way, you're wrong about them not appearing on that show. Just pointing it out, not trying to be malicious ^^:; ). As far as I know, JE groups also appear on MF, Popjam, CDTV, etc...all of these shows are also major music shows. I believe *all* of them appear on Minna no Terebi occasionally, too, but I don't quite remember. Also, as I *do* remember it, w-inds. also appeared on Popjam *while Domoto Koichi was a host*...young KAT-TUN members also made an appearance with them in that same episode. This was before w-inds. was popular enough to make a mark on jpop. So...if anyone was taking that CEO's threat seriously, why would w-inds. (well, *and* Lead *and* FLAME, actually) make appearances on these shows knowing that JE artists appear and even *host* them too?

And it is funny that all the shows you listed are hosted by JE members...that fact is pretty ambiguous in itself. And Da Pump initially appeared on Music Station, as did JE boys...it kind of sends a mixed signal when these VF groups begin *not* showing up on shows like these just as they're starting to get really popular. ie Da Pump and Music Station, w-inds. and Heyx3...it's also kind of shady that w-inds. stops appearing on Heyx3 when NEWS starts up their thing. Huh. It doesn't make you wonder? Johnny was a powerful man...he still is. His sisters may have control of JE, but he himself is still a very powerful man in the industry. What he does with that power to *maintain* that power and *keep his groups on top* is anybody's guess. All we can do is come to our own conclusions based on what we see going on.

By the way...VF does promote their artists. Like you said, there are SOOO many things that they can do, and they're doing what they can. You don't see Lead performing on Popjam or anything, but they're crossing the country doing radio shows, talk shows, magazines, etc etc. Even going overseas to film their PV. As for w-inds...they do the same. Both have got concert tours coming up, and w-inds. will most likely do another concert in Taiwan this year. Until last year or so, VF even had Factory Generation airing with wFL over in Taiwan *every week*. Lead was also in two shows, XEBEC and their own Lead Generation (something like Kinki Kids and their own Domoto Kyoudai). The only group that got the short end of the stick was FLAME, who was suffering through not only a member change, but a manager change. Though they did appear with Lead frequently together on their show Dream Station or whatever. w-inds. *and* Lead also used to appear with H!P artists and other guest artists regularly on Doyah, based in Osaka. Usually just aired in the Kansai region, I believe. I think both groups have "graduated" from it. They even do fanclub events (like mini-concerts) every year. I don't see JE doing those. So yes, both groups are being promoted as well as they can be. You can't blame the company for the groups not being invited to certain shows, or only having one-page spreads in certain magazines.

I think VF is a pretty good company...look at the successful artists under it. Amuro Namie, Da Pump, MAX, Olivia, Chinen Rina, Hiro, just to name a few. With successes like that, I would think that the company is doing just what it's supposed to be doing. They just don't have control of all the factors that might effect the promotion of their artists.

By the way...I have Japanese friends that say things, too. Things like this, as well as other rumors. But I usually don't believe it unless they've got a reliable source to show me. Where did your friend hear this? ^^

Guest lordofstones

o.O So many new and confusing stuff abt Johnny's and VF... Actually I heard on another forum about someone who heard rumours about these stuff.. I came here to ask hoping to find out where on this forum did the rumours come from... and apparently i think i moved them here without finding out the source of it still.... =_= lol...

Guest Yungeekun

Well, that's a little strange...I don't believe Vision Factory existed when Da Pump came out. They were Rising Production, then Freegate before becoming Vision Factory. And the CEO you mentioned was arrested in 2003 and sentenced to 30 years in prison (when RP became Freegate before it became VF). Coincidentally, the same year that w-inds. stopped appearing on Heyx3. Or maybe it's not a coincidence...who knows? In any case, while we may be putting too much blame on JE, you're putting too much of it on VF. The company is doing what it can with all the stuff that's been happening within it. I doubt the "threat" that you say the former CEO made would be taken seriously so many years later, in 2001 from the debut of w-inds. on....especially after his arrest.

And seeing as VF boys do appear on shows the JE appears on, it doesn't quite fit into your formula, does it? w-inds. are regulars on shows like Popjam, Music Fighter, CDTV...Lead also appears on Music Fighter and until recently, Popjam. Both of these groups have appeared on Waratte Iitomo last year (so, by the way, you're wrong about them not appearing on that show. Just pointing it out, not trying to be malicious ^^:; ). As far as I know, JE groups also appear on MF, Popjam, CDTV, etc...all of these shows are also major music shows. I believe *all* of them appear on Minna no Terebi occasionally, too, but I don't quite remember. Also, as I *do* remember it, w-inds. also appeared on Popjam *while Domoto Koichi was a host*...young KAT-TUN members also made an appearance with them in that same episode. This was before w-inds. was popular enough to make a mark on jpop. So...if anyone was taking that CEO's threat seriously, why would w-inds. (well, *and* Lead *and* FLAME, actually) make appearances on these shows knowing that JE artists appear and even *host* them too?

And it is funny that all the shows you listed are hosted by JE members...that fact is pretty ambiguous in itself. And Da Pump initially appeared on Music Station, as did JE boys...it kind of sends a mixed signal when these VF groups begin *not* showing up on shows like these just as they're starting to get really popular. ie Da Pump and Music Station, w-inds. and Heyx3...it's also kind of shady that w-inds. stops appearing on Heyx3 when NEWS starts up their thing. Huh. It doesn't make you wonder? Johnny was a powerful man...he still is. His sisters may have control of JE, but he himself is still a very powerful man in the industry. What he does with that power to *maintain* that power and *keep his groups on top* is anybody's guess. All we can do is come to our own conclusions based on what we see going on.

By the way...VF does promote their artists. Like you said, there are SOOO many things that they can do, and they're doing what they can. You don't see Lead performing on Popjam or anything, but they're crossing the country doing radio shows, talk shows, magazines, etc etc. Even going overseas to film their PV. As for w-inds...they do the same. Both have got concert tours coming up, and w-inds. will most likely do another concert in Taiwan this year. Until last year or so, VF even had Factory Generation airing with wFL over in Taiwan *every week*. Lead was also in two shows, XEBEC and their own Lead Generation (something like Kinki Kids and their own Domoto Kyoudai). The only group that got the short end of the stick was FLAME, who was suffering through not only a member change, but a manager change. Though they did appear with Lead frequently together on their show Dream Station or whatever. w-inds. *and* Lead also used to appear with H!P artists and other guest artists regularly on Doyah, based in Osaka. Usually just aired in the Kansai region, I believe. I think both groups have "graduated" from it. They even do fanclub events (like mini-concerts) every year. I don't see JE doing those. So yes, both groups are being promoted as well as they can be. You can't blame the company for the groups not being invited to certain shows, or only having one-page spreads in certain magazines.

I think VF is a pretty good company...look at the successful artists under it. Amuro Namie, Da Pump, MAX, Olivia, Chinen Rina, Hiro, just to name a few. With successes like that, I would think that the company is doing just what it's supposed to be doing. They just don't have control of all the factors that might effect the promotion of their artists.

By the way...I have Japanese friends that say things, too. Things like this, as well as other rumors. But I usually don't believe it unless they've got a reliable source to show me. Where did your friend hear this? ^^

you took that and ran with it. I commend you for such a comeback! Good job.

Archived