[[ W-inds Thread ]]

Guest sHIK-kUN

Guest dr jung

too long to quote, I will do by sentence perhaps.

And the CEO you mentioned was arrested in 2003 and sentenced to 30 years in prison (when RP became Freegate before it became VF).

Yeah, but just because he was arrested, does not mean whatever he said is forgotten.

As for Heyx3, there is a sort of an explanation. Before 2003, prior to volleyball season, almost no JE boys went on the show (except Arashi back in.. 1999? w/ their 1st single) because Heyx3 wasn't JE's "program". But then in 2003 when volleyball started, it was hosted or had a contract with FujiTV (which Heyx3 is on). Also, because NEWS sang the support song or whatever you call it, FujiTV had to support them (to support volleyball). That's when JE boys started having appearances on Heyx3.. and no more Vision boys. I suppose once JE starts somewhere.. they kinda don't leave.

The company is doing what it can with all the stuff that's been happening within it. I doubt the "threat" that you say the former CEO made would be taken seriously so many years later, in 2001 from the debut of w-inds. on....especially after his arrest.

I think Johnny did take the challenge seriously. I think it's more like.. at first the former CEO said the thing, which pissed off JE, then even after that person left the E world, Johnny is keeping the tension going. :mellow:

JE groups also appear on MF, Popjam, CDTV, etc...all of these shows are also major music shows

w-inds is on Music Fighter? :unsure: haven't seen the boys on it, but.. maybe I missed one. It's true that they are regulars on Popjam.. but how many times do you see JE boys on it? I think Tackey&Tsubasa were on Popjam earlier this year.. but I think that's more because they belong to Avex now (but still are JE boys).

Who else on Popjam? Not any I can think of.

I believe *all* of them appear on Minna no Terebi occasionally, too, but I don't quite remember.

That show is gone. It's renamed Utawara Hot 10.. the one with Matsumoto Jun and KAT-TUN. I've never seen any of V peeps there.. o_O

CDTV.. I saw JE boys only on VTR clips once in awhile.. hot ranking.. mva. blah blah

Also, as I *do* remember it, w-inds. also appeared on Popjam *while Domoto Koichi was a host*...young KAT-TUN members also made an appearance with them in that same episode.

Yep, that's true. I remember it too. That was one of the most memorable thing I've seen so far. Have you seen it happen again? I think that was just one of those things because Koichi was hosting. But that didn't live too long.. did it.

In the end, Vision isn't making the most amount effort it could be.. maybe it just doesn't have financial backup. (I think in 2004, Johnny's made what it would be 850 million dollars, compared to.. 150million dollars) With that, isn't it obvious. Vision can't go big like Johnny's because Vision focuses on just singing. Maybe that's a good thing, that singers should only be singers. I commend it on that, but it obviously can't make its artists bigger just by doing that because for more popularity and bigger profit, variety shows help tremendously.. or rather.. without them it's hard to survive. I think Vision should go broader if it really truly wants to promote the artists. Wouldn't fans love that more?

Before I rest my eyes.. :vicx: (too much writing! Haha xD ), there are some confusions perhaps.

Vision Factory isn't a record company.. Avex, Pony Canyon, JE, J-One are.. Vision is. what do you call it.... idol factory? like johnny's. JE is just a division of Johnny's.

Sorry for whoever came in this thread to lightly enjoy lovely pictures of w-inds...

Here's my contribution:

01.jpg

Back in 2005.. my favorite w-inds picture. ;)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ikuZE

I will answer all of these at the same.. at the best of my ability... B)

I heard from my Japanese friend.. that he said it publicly. :phew: It was back in the days.. perhaps late 90's. Vision CEO, when Da Pump just came out, he said my boys are gonna be better than yours, Johnny. (Not word for word, of course)

Believe it or not.

I would quote everything you said, but i don't want people to have to read that bs twice.

Now you make it sound like VF's former CEo is a fortune teller.

He said that in the 90's and he is no longer in the company. (if he really said that, highly doubtable)

w-inds. wasn't even around until 2001 & "wFL" wasn't formed until 2002

I wouldn't know if you wanted people to hate vf, but it certainly sounds like you have something against them. Your statement is very contradicting. Trying to make it sound like you are some big w-inds. fan, but then turning around and saying how bad their company is. :phew:

Hiroki from Lead used to be in JE when he was younger. Him leaving and becoming successful on his own, would be an easy trigger for Johnny to get "revenge" since Johnny always gets his way.

Yeah, but just because he was arrested, does not mean whatever he said is forgotten.

Before I rest my eyes.. :vicx: (too much writing! Haha xD ), there are some confusions perhaps.

Vision Factory isn't a record company.. Avex, Pony Canyon, JE, J-One are.. Vision is. what do you call it.... idol factory? like johnny's. JE is just a division of Johnny's.

Sorry for whoever came in this thread to lightly enjoy lovely pictures of w-inds...

Here's my contribution:

01.jpg

Please, VF and JE are nothing alike. Vf focuses mainly on singing because the people already came in as singers. Where-as JE takes unskilled people and train them afterwards. If you compare JE to VF, the talent level is not equal. (I'm talking about the people equal in age to wFL, don't bring up DA PUMP and SMAP) JE has much more members, with few talent than Vf. a lot of them standing on stage to fill space or something.

I think JE needs to focus on other things than trying to take over. They are already everywhere. They should leave wFL alone and let them continue as singers. Lead's promotions have gotten much less compared to the past. If you noticed, they did appear on popular shows like PopJam and Heyx3. But now are only limited to one performance on Music Fighter.

I'm talking about wFL only because they seem to be the one JE is targeting.

Johnny or his sister's that are currently running the business are controlling. Why else don't you see pictures of JE boys when they top ranks on JUNON? Johnny only allows those under his full control to have access to his boys. And I assure you, you won't be seeing any of their pictures in the drama's offical sites that they star on. You will see minor characters but the main actor is listed as "no picture available" hmm VF's fault? I think not.

thanks for the hotlinked picture

Guest Kiwiee

True...but the fact that he was arrested and management switches hands really changes how things are taken. Especially with the debut of new groups. And again, the fact that that CEO isn't the CEO anymore.

As for Heyx3, there is a sort of an explanation. Before 2003, prior to volleyball season, almost no JE boys went on the show (except Arashi back in.. 1999? w/ their 1st single) because Heyx3 wasn't JE's "program". But then in 2003 when volleyball started, it was hosted or had a contract with FujiTV (which Heyx3 is on). Also, because NEWS sang the support song or whatever you call it, FujiTV had to support them (to support volleyball). That's when JE boys started having appearances on Heyx3.. and no more Vision boys. I suppose once JE starts somewhere.. they kinda don't leave.

That's *one* explanation for it, yes...but if that were true, why doesn't VF pull their groups out of *all the other* shows that JE is also appearing in? (CDTV, Music Fighter, etc)

w-inds is on Music Fighter? :unsure: haven't seen the boys on it, but.. maybe I missed one.

It's not just one...they appear on Music Fighter *quite* a few times...most recently for their past *three* singles. And Lead appears on it *every* time also...it's even the only show they're performing on recently. Hmm..and come to think of it, I'll give you the Popjam thing as of recently. But that's still not explaining how w-inds. was appearing on Popjam while JE artists were doing so. Like when Koichi was the host. V6 was on it, too.

That show is gone. It's renamed Utawara Hot 10.. the one with Matsumoto Jun and KAT-TUN. I've never seen any of V peeps there.. o_O

Really? O_o Just last year, I saw it on their schedule...www.w-inds.tv ^^ I remember looking for it, and finding screencaps...maybe I'm thinking of a different show? But I do remember seeing the name "Minna no terebi"...hmm...I'll check it out again. ^^

CDTV.. I saw JE boys only on VTR clips once in awhile.. hot ranking.. mva. blah blah

Yep, that's true. I remember it too. That was one of the most memorable thing I've seen so far. Have you seen it happen again? I think that was just one of those things because Koichi was hosting. But that didn't live too long.. did it.

No, actually...KAT-TUN performs on CDTV, not just in VTR and clips...and as for the VTR and clips...I believe it's a little more than once in a while. Mostly with the "new wave" of groups...Kanjani8 and all. And Popjam *changes* their hosts every so often...like how TM Revolution became a host. So no, of course it didn't live too long. Knowing that, they could have very well *not* have w-inds. perform on the show until Koichi left for the usual host change. Especially seeing as how JE was using the opportunity to promot Koichi and really bring out KAT-TUN every chance they got. w-inds. could simply have not appeared until Koichi left, which was not really that long of a wait for the host change.

In the end, Vision isn't making the most amount effort it could be.. maybe it just doesn't have financial backup. (I think in 2004, Johnny's made what it would be 850 million dollars, compared to.. 150million dollars) With that, isn't it obvious. Vision can't go big like Johnny's because Vision focuses on just singing. Maybe that's a good thing, that singers should only be singers. I commend it on that, but it obviously can't make its artists bigger just by doing that because for more popularity and bigger profit, variety shows help tremendously.. or rather.. without them it's hard to survive. I think Vision should go broader if it really truly wants to promote the artists. Wouldn't fans love that more?

Vision wouldn't take care of that, would it? That's Pony Canyon's job...and we're going into sketchy territory here. Not every singer should have to expand into acting to sell. Some singers, quite frankly, really should just stay singers. But yes, all of wFL have done acting before. w-inds. had a cameo in "Starlight", FLAME has done cameos and movies and dramas, most recently "Deep Love ~Host~" and "Star Light". Lead has done a number of acting stints....they had lead roles in the movies "Kamachi" and Boutashi" and the dramas "Pink no Idenshi" and I believe "Deep Love" was a drama....? Maybe a movie...don't quite remember. ^^; All were decent actors...except w-inds., as much as I love those boys. XD I like that w-inds. is sticking to music. But yes, they've even done the acting thing. As well as CMs. I believe they modeled, too...Ryu for New Balance or something back in the day. How much broader are you thinking? O_o

Here's my contribution:

01.jpg

Vision is a management company....wFL's actual label is Pony Canyon. I would think Johnny's is the idol factory, seeing as how they pluck the boys from obscurity and package them into triple-threats starting from grade-school kids. VF manages the artists, which means it more or less takes care of everything but the production of the music. Though I suppose you can argue that they have Starlight Studio. But most artists go in through auditions or are scouted from other dance/vocal schools based on talent that's already developed. Like...you can't give VF credit for Amuro's training. Hmm...same goes for w-inds. and Lead actually.

And really, like I said before, nobody knows the real reasons for all that's going on. All we can do is look at what's happening and make our own guesses. Everyone's theories are going to have holes here and there and nothing can really be proven. We're all just gonna draw our own conclusions. And that w-inds. pic is SO CUTE! ^^

Guest BabyK

Man! This is going crazy! But yeah... wFL are really successful but that was the past this is now.

Man... Why do the ocmpanies gotta be so damn competative.

• 1 month later...
Guest melxXz

i just came back from their concert in tokyo >D

it was overall a realllllly good concert - 2 and 30 minutes. i was proud to say they did a really good job and they mc really well with really funny jokes. will share more pictures when imma done uploadin. i just got back like, 10 minutes ago.

meanwhile, one of the nicest shot.

IMG_022600.jpg

xD

Guest xsimplyx_mex

time to show my obsession~!! lol...j/k....here are some pictures...

W-inds.jpg

Ryohei.jpg

Ryohei-Kun.jpg

--3.jpg

KeitaandRyohei.jpg

06.jpg

^ That's BABY RYOHEI and His Sister...so cute ^_^

30.jpg

ENJOY...HOPE THESE PICTURES ARE NOT POSTED BEFORE...X____x

Guest choco-late

Finally I found a thread about w-inds.

Anyway, I really love them, they are like my no.1 boy band.

I'm really excited about their 2006 tour... It's like every year is better.

Here's the w-inds. 2007 calendar cover

calenderwinds2007coveroh7.jpg

Have anyone got their newest photoalbum 'Vacanza'?

Here's some pics of it (mainly Keita because he's my favorite)

Sexy-04.jpg

Vacanza_34.jpg

Sexy-03.jpg

i just came back from their concert in tokyo >D

it was overall a realllllly good concert - 2 and 30 minutes. i was proud to say they did a really good job and they mc really well with really funny jokes. will share more pictures when imma done uploadin. i just got back like, 10 minutes ago.

meanwhile, one of the nicest shot.

IMG_022600.jpg

xD

Oh you actually took pics of them at the concert SWEET :D . I went to 2 of their concerts this year but i was too chicken to try and sneak a camera in.

ahhhs (:

i L0VE W-inds

i have most of their songs!

my favorite one for now is :

Yakusoku no Kakera<33

my favortite member is

ryohei !!

he's a hot breakdancer (;

hehe ^^

here are some pictures::

ryohei.jpg

^ he is so ad0rable!!

ryohei2.jpg

redryohei.jpg

^he's hot LOL =]]

Yeah i found those on google like last year (: lol

Guest choco-late

Recently w-inds. went to Taiwan again but they are back in Japan already. They were invited to attend the Taiwanese MTV concert. They were the only Japanese group which attended also broke the record of an oversea artist attended to Taiwan 3 times a row!

w-inds-1.jpg

w-inds.2006Taiwan-30.jpg

w-inds.2006Taiwan-08.jpg

w-inds.2006Taiwan-66.jpg

w-inds.2006Taiwan-70.jpg

w-inds.2006Taiwan-68.jpg

I swear Keita looks kinda mixed now.

O_O;;

I really liked them back in the Super Lover + Love is Message days.

Though their recent songs aren't that bad.

Keita is so tall and manly now. x_x

EDIT: w-inds. new PV!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0vY1Ms7nsXc

KEITA RAPS. LOL. :]

thanks a lot for that link. this is the first w-inds related thing that i saw in my life. first thing that i notice is that...they really dance since i got into the jpop world and comin from the kpop world where you see lots of awesome dancers i was under the impression that jpop singers can't dance at all with only a few exceptions like kusano from news...when he is not doin the typical JE boys dance routines, that boy has a lot of flow so could you please recommend me more songs from w-inds. songs that shows both their dance and singin abilities.

thanks a lot for that link. this is the first w-inds related thing that i saw in my life. first thing that i notice is that...they really dance since i got into the jpop world and comin from the kpop world where you see lots of awesome dancers i was under the impression that jpop singers can't dance at all with only a few exceptions like kusano from news...when he is not doin the typical JE boys dance routines, that boy has a lot of flow so could you please recommend me more songs from w-inds. songs that shows both their dance and singin abilities.

whee there are lots of PVs that they can dance in! My favorite dances come from shiki and kirei da so check them out if you have the time. If you can, watch their concert...the dance bridges are awesome!

whee there are lots of PVs that they can dance in! My favorite dances come from shiki and kirei da so check them out if you have the time. If you can, watch their concert...the dance bridges are awesome!

thanks for the recommendation, found the shiki pv on youtube, it is a nice song and i like the pv...but the dance was a little out of place, they dance great of course but it is just that the song doesn't sound like the one for such a dance.

could you recommend me some place to download perfs from them clubbox, bit-torrent, direct downloads anything is fine.

Super Lover, Love is Message, NEW PARADISE, Long Road, and Shiki. They're my favourite. x)

Archived