[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest iJaney

One quick question you guys. When Ga Eul showed Yi Jeong the sign when the sun rose, what did it mean ??? In other words, what did it say ?

I Love You, Yi Jung

Guest nysophia_x_ii

I Love You, Yi Jung

yeah, they are two billboards. one of them is for a drink, and the other is for digestive aid. but gaeul says that eunjae found the spot and realized that the sun shines between the two billboard signs at a specific time of the day and it becomes "I love you, yi jeong."

anyway, i feel like soooo many things happened in this episode. i feel like it was a bit rushed. but it was really really good :D i hope the last two episodes will be just as good. hopefully, we're all happy with the ending and not disappointed by a cliche kdrama type ending.

Guest Debbie1633

^ the girl that take cares of Dao Ming Si when he forgot his memory.

i think. right guys????

*goes crazy for this drama and for Jun Pyo and JanDi to get together again*

Umi, with all her lies, would also drive a wedge between Jun Pyo and Jan Di when he lost his memory of Jan Di. She would be ANOTHER obstacle to Jun Pyo and Jan Di getting back together... I can't believe they're introducing Umi this late in the drama. We have 2 episodes left. I don't want Jun Pyo and Jan Di to be apart any longer. They NEED to be together!!! UGH!

Guest simply__j

JP's mom is so evil...

i wonder how things are going to turn out since there are only 2 episodes...

this episode was so sad... :(

Guest qtvaNn

Does anyone know where I can get the OST special edition song lyrics? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find them. T_T

If anyone has them please share!

you go here.^^ http://flowerboys.wordpress.com/ost/2-5/

i really like the YJ-GE rooftop scene.my tears fell when YJ was crying and shouting to turn back the time..oh poor YJ.. :( and i was totally crying when it was the break-up scene bet. JD and JP...ohhh...my heart hurts for him..i just wanna hug him and comfort him even if its in the middle of the road.. :sweatingbullets:

sorry double post.

Guest funkindagirl

I am usually one who thinks there are too many unnecessary JH-JD scenes not because of JH but because its redundant, just different location but same thing over and over again. Their relationship has been stationary since Episode 8 and throughout the fiancee arc. So was JP-JK's relationship - stationary. Very annoying and very draggy.

I agree.

Im not against JH because they're JH-JD scenes.

A lot of people talk about being JP/JD or JH/JD shippers.

I dont classify myself in either category.

I want MORE JP-JD scenes because THAT is what gets the story moving along!

This drama above all else, is about JOONDI's love story, so its only normal they should have more scenes so we can better understand their relationship.

Why we are still having JH-JD scenes when JP-JD have got back together is something I dont get. Its fine to show they're still close friends...but the love confessions...we had loads of pointless JH-JD scenes for them to fit that in earlier.

And their scenes together are always so stale. NOTHING happens & NOTHING develops so what is the point of them??

Even though JP and JD will be together at the end(I am not doubting it) for me what counts the most is the way they go/take to get to their Happy End. And so they made a total mess out of the main/leading couple with JH all the time around them(JD).

Everything between them seems so rushed.

no deep dialogues, no real conversations, no starings(for some minutes that wuld have been awesome :P ).

it had to be just the two of them for at least one whole episode. they deserved it.

Come on they had 24 episodes in total!!

You know what I noticed? That almost all of the JP&JD's scenes are fast forwarded with music the past few..no, many episodes! <_<

And the JH&JD scenes seem to take more time! Gah, I wish they would stop doing that!

The zoo scene could've been extended with more lines to say, instead of adding JH&JD scene in the middle.

(not that I hate their scenes. I thought it was adorable :P)

Is it just me, or is JP&JD scenes just not as interesting as before? It's all so depressing now. I mean, yes, some of the scenes are very touching.. but I miss their playful arguments and JP being a jerk :P Today's scenes were cute, but it somehow did not make me get super happily satisfied. I hope tomorrow's scenes will be better

I've noticed that too and no matter how hard I just try and accept it for what it is, its still kinda frustrating.

Everytime we have happy JP-JD scenes, its ALWAYS the kind with music overplaying, no dialogue and quick shots of different scenes.

E.g. Zoo Date, Picnic Date within the last 2 episodes and they probably came to about 2 or 3 minutes of a 1 hour episode! And here we all were thinking now JaeKyung has gone, they'll get more time together. Well it hasnt felt that way at all.

WHY couldnt we have a long date scene before they broke up in Ep. 23?? Why couldnt we hear some laughing and dialogue when they were eating?

Although we do get some nice conversations between them like JP saying I love you & JD finally admitting her feelings to him. But they are soo short, there is no real DEEP, meaningful, long conversations between them...unlike JH-JD who seem to have really intense conversations in comparison.

Frankly, it just comes across as a very lazy scriptwriter who cant be bothered to come up with some proper conversations between the MAIN couple and thought 'oh everyone knows they're in love anyway' so lets just make it short and sweet.

I just think JP and JD's whole relationship has been portrayed in such a rushed and insignficant way as if the writer doesnt care for them much at all.

anyone know the rating for this ep??

Episode 23 2009-03-24

Nationwide 31.8% (2nd)

Seoul 31.6% (2nd)

Credit: TNS Ratings

Does anyone know where I can get the OST special edition song lyrics? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find them. T_T

If anyone has them please share!

dbSk iS k00l & SuspendedSky: please look back for the past few pages. the lyrics and translation has been shared by sonjap before. you can find here: Post #20728

Guest SuspendedSky

Rewatching the episodes right now makes more sense of them...or not. I found so many goof-ups! Forgive me if thi has already been posted, but JD's really really really needs to put in a lot of effort in her studies if she wants to become a doctor. :huh: Seriously, how hard is it to have a few comprensibe sentences on a paper? <_< Weird PD team.

2f05fd25.jpg

Edit: Just looked at the post above, found the lyrics...Thank you!

Guest kiwi18

btw: I'm testing out my FAST FORWARD control button on my laptop, to make sure it works well for the last 2 episode, just want to have it ready for ALL my FAVORITE Ji Hoo moments. NO JOKE! :huh:

Just to emphasize why JH scenes are my all time favorites: (cause really, there's nothing more important in BOF to cover).

1. JH staring = displaying coolness.

2. JH reading = displaying educational prowess.

3. JH cutting hair = displaying talent.

4. JH washing a vehicle = displaying hobby.

5. JH walking = displaying exercise techniques.

Anyhow, it is, what it is.

JH presence = displaying valuable time wasted.

Oh denise31... I think we're twins! When it comes to Ji Hoo anyway... Sorry to cut your post. I just had to add my AMEN to this! I haven't watched 23, but I've seen/read enough to know that I am not going to be happy about the Ji Hoo sized chunk of time taken from my viewing of BOF 23 tonight. Thanks for cracking me up (and being on my side)! I've really disliked Ji Hoo the last few episodes. Which is weird because I was liking him for a while because of the support he offered her. But he went over the top when he "confessed" his love to her... Ji Ho, don't make me hurt you! Ugh what this drama has done to my emotions. I'll be back to post my rant tonight after 23... and hope that 24 and 25 really focus on what I'm looking for... My JunDi safely back together and happy. (AND FOR MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES OF THE DRAMA! DO YOU HEAR ME PD/MISS SCREENWRITER???? I'm looking for a good solid chunk of happiness for my couple...)

Guest ziemah

omg theres only one week left. :( i dont know what drama im gonna watch after BOF.

Ep 23 was okay for me.I like the farewell date.So sweet and romantic.The bus (break-up) scene was really heartbreaking! And god it reminds me one of the episodes in Macau.the one in the airport. :tears:

theres only two episodes left.how are they going to fit in the amnesia arc?? and the umi character? :huh:

Guest soonjap

I agree.

Im not against JH because they're JH-JD scenes.

A lot of people talk about being JP/JD or JH/JD shippers.

I dont classify myself in either category.

I want MORE JP-JD scenes because THAT is what gets the story moving along!

This drama above all else, is about JOONDI's love story, so its only normal they should have more scenes so we can better understand their relationship.

Why we are still having JH-JD scenes when JP-JD have got back together is something I dont get. Its fine to show they're still close friends...but the love confessions...we had loads of pointless JH-JD scenes for them to fit that in earlier.

And their scenes together are always so stale. NOTHING happens & NOTHING develops so what is the point of them??

I agree. If Joon Pyo is the main character, then there should be more scenes between them. I also find it pointless to develop a main side story between Ji Hoo and Jan Di. In fact, there should have been more moments between Ga Eul and Jan Di, since their friendship has lasted much longer than Ji Hoo. I wonder if the fans of KHJ is making the writers to include longer scenes with him in it. I still find KHJ's acting to be awkward and not convincing. His acting seems too forced and I find it uncomfortable seeing him. I think it would benefit him to get some acting lessons and fast.

Everytime we have happy JP-JD scenes, its ALWAYS the kind with music overplaying, no dialogue and quick shots of different scenes. E.g. Zoo Date, Picnic Date within the last 2 episodes and they probably came to about 2 or 3 minutes of a 1 hour episode! And here we all were thinking now JaeKyung has gone, they'll get more time together. Well it hasnt felt that way at all. WHY couldnt we have a long date scene before they broke up in Ep. 23?? Why couldnt we hear some laughing and dialogue when they were eating?

Although we do get some nice conversations between them like JP saying I love you & JD finally admitting her feelings to him. But they are soo short, there is no real DEEP, meaningful, long conversations between them...unlike JH-JD who seem to have really intense conversations in comparison.

Yes!! I find these intense conversations between Jan Di and Ji Hoo to be somewhat inappropriate. By this time, there is NO way that Jan Di CANNOT notice Ji Hoo's feelings for her; or that she must have an inkling that he feels something for her. I refuse to believe that she can be that naive or dense. I don't mind the brevity of the scenes between Joon Pyo and Jan Di but the scenes that they ARE in, there should be more in-depth conversations between them, and not just deep one-liners that Joon Pyo or Jand Di throw at each other.

Frankly, it just comes across as a very lazy scriptwriter who cant be bothered to come up with some proper conversations between the MAIN couple and thought 'oh everyone knows they're in love anyway' so lets just make it short and sweet. I just think JP and JD's whole relationship has been portrayed in such a rushed and insignficant way as if the writer doesnt care for them much at all.

You hit it right on the head! I think that perhaps the scriptwriter thought it would be interesting to create a not-too-obvious triangle arc between JP-JD-JH but, (1) it WAS obvious; and (2) there just wasn't enough oomph to carry it off. Neither the writing nor the actor (KJH) was strong enough for it to be compelling. Rather, I think it made for some confusion so it's not hard to figure out why people are either in the JP/JD camp or JH/JD one. And I think that's tell-tale of a weakened writing. But kudos to Lee Min Ho, Goo Hye Sun, Kim Bum and Kim Joon. They're doing very well and I love Kim Bum's naturalness when he delivers his lines. This young man has promise!

is it me or 2.5 is incomplete??

cuz i remember reading about how lee minho is going to participate in OST 2.5

and i realized there is a song that is not included in all 3 albums. its from ep.23, where kim bum sees the signs that eunjae told him to find and gaeul found it for him. when he kneel down, the song plays and its amazing. so im looking for that song

Guest lane013

OH my gosh! i can't wait for next week. I kind of wish that the whole memory loss thingy isn't going to happen. HOw is everything supposed to fit in just two episodes like jun pyo's dad, jun pyo's mom accepting jan di, the memory loss ordeal, kim bum & Ga eul, Ji hoo and grandfather, and last but not least jan di & goo jun pyo.

WEll, anyway. Hopefully, all this build up and pain will lead to a good ending. *fingers crossed*.

Guest webby

Epi 23 to me is the highlight of the series..i think i must have teared on 3 separate occasions or more watching it.

I've never been quite interested in the yijung side story (sorry) but the scene on the rooftop just completely caught me off guard. This is coming from someone who has read the manga. I think the PD really did the scene justice. THe sun rising or fading to show the words was just brilliantly done esp when you get to see the three words on the right billboard fade to leave on two (which is yijung's name). He missed the opportunity of a lifetime, and that opportunity only exists for a mere couple of seconds or minutes. THis scene completely drilled the message into my heart. I like how Kim bum clutched his heart thereafter when he realized eunchae's message to him.

JD's exchange with chairwoman Kang is definitely one highlight. And as blue_angel had pointed out earlier that line which jandi once again reaffirms JP's place in her heart is brilliant. I think I see a flicker of seriousness on junpyo's mom's face when she heard jandi say those words. I hope those same words will keep replaying in her mind. She definitely knows now that JD is as serious with JP as her son is with the JD.

On to the next one, have been waiting for jandi junpyo's picnic scene before their farewell. Jandi was totally bubbly esp when she kept calling out to goo junpyo to go play with her. JP thought for a second that he was going crazy that he's imagining her voice.. LOL. Love that short sweet moment both shared and the kiss.... i'm glad the sun wasn't there to block them this time but the sunset made the scene more romantic after all. The parting scene was very well executed right from the point jandi told jP to stop the car until she told him that they are breaking up and when JP questioned her further of what she thought of him and if she saw him as just a guy wanting to be loved. THat exchange was very well penned. Although i don't fully agree with the scriptwriter all the time, still have to give her props for some brilliant scenes and dialogues that did not originate from the manga. This is definitely one of them.

Who did not shiver when the man in the coma's finger moved for a split second. I'm SOO waiting for him to wake up and hopefully mend all the broken relationships and holes..... ahh.. the anticipation that's building up every second.

I was expecting JP to relapse into his state of utter bleakness which he did when jandi faded before his eyes. Esp like the last part where he was leaning back in a corner in the police station as an exasperated junhee arrived on screen. Lee minho played the part to perfection when he continued staring into space completely lost, and did not even respond to his sister when she called his name. THe video cam was then moved to show secretary jung. And I liked the look that was registered on his face. He was probably hoping all that he did (hooking up jandi with the man in the coma) would have not been too late to save his young master and the goo family.

I have to mention JH and how he changed since JD left. Contrary to JP, he is poised to take control of his family, and protect what he deems valuable to him. As much as I fear, he is preparing himself to be strong enough to stand before Shinhwa's chairwoman, and I think he still has JD in his mind as his motivation. I"m a JP-JD shipper. I like how the twist is happening and how the two guys are taking JD's departure so drastically different in their own ways. I still think JP is a bit more childish compared to JH as of now. But it's evident that JD only has him in her heart, the person she loves the most which she cannot protect.

edit:

After more thought, i really liked how they showed JP and JH's contrasting characters. JH was always hiding and sleeping his day away, retracting from the truth while growing up becoz he was family-less and that was how it carved its effect into him. It was as obvious as day. JP on the other hand was arrogant, violent, childish and outright vented his emotions all the time although he grew up with a lack of parental love. And right in this episode, we now see JP retracting into a corner, his world collapsing before his very eyes, him resorting to drowning himself in sorrow with wine. THe manga showed tsukasa getting violent and going out to get entangled in a fight. But I like how jp did it different here. He's doing something which he doesn't usually do. It kinda shows how devastated he really is.

In contrast, JH puts his angst or whatever emotions you call it into his work. And this is in start contrast to his situation when seohyun left him. He was downright sad and depressed and couldn't do a thing about it.

We have two epi left and i simply can't contain my excitement to know what to expect next. yes, i know there's the amnesia arc with umi. But there should be more things right? just like epi 23, it was packed with punch.

If JD and JP will kiss again, can JP be the person on the right instead. I realize we get better kisses that way.

Guest nysophia_x_ii

omg, wait, are they SERIOUSLY introducing Umi?! in the last two freakin episodes?! that's a joke right... i'll be really annoyed if they put JD and JP through another obstacle T.T

Guest snowqueen00

aww this drama gonna end soo. i dont want it.. we cant see our JD and JP again soo sad:(

but this drama gonna be stay in our heart 4ever....or maybe onli me hehehe:D

omg omg!

im just watching ep 23 subbed and i find something!

JP CHANGE HIS RINGTONE!

what happens to the: turun turuuuuun... turun turuuuuuun(8)

u know what i mean...

D: somebody knows the name of his new ringtone

i think i know the song but i dont recognize it..

anyway.. flower pot

i love ur reviews..

im waiting to the ep 23 review :)

Edit: snowqueen00 ur not alone.. ill have bbf in my heart forever :D

i dont know what ill do or see after bbf..

i feel like my life will finish D:

actually im watching goong again and

omg a find a lot of similarities..

damn u Creative Group 8

i dont know where ur creativeness go...~