[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest XiahxTiffany

... the heartbreak of the century has been given to JP :(

how could this have happened!!!

and omg only 2 episodes left!!

plz we have to extend this like no joke this drama cant end like this!! :(

Guest itzdi

I like how this version has showed GJP's dad more. I like how the characters from the other versions who didn't really have that much part..made a hugh difference in this one.

Im curious to see the ending more than ever. I think if Junhee and JP's dad wakes up and realize what has happened while he was comatose if he's going to bring mama kang down and or even divorce her..hmm EXCITING!!!!

So I won't really comment on Ep 23 or the ending bc I'm also disappointed in the lack of time given to main issues which means we will end up with a totally botched ending. Instead, here are some strange things I've noticed:

Did anyone else noticed that the blanket around JD and JP during the star gazing scene is the same one that JP put on JD the maid when she fell asleep on his recliner = JK, who decorated the place for JP and JD, somehow flew back to the Gu mansion to retrieve the blanket.

Also, JH's hair is the same as YJ's hair, no? Although in my opinion, it looks waaaay better on YJ.

And wouldn't it make better drama if JD gets stabbed instead? I mean, why include the arc about how JD's mom is bragging to everyone that JD is dating JP unless it's so that the stabber has a way of getting back at Shinhwa through JP, which is to stab and kill his girlfriend?

But, on to other things, here is what I have learned from watching BOF:

1. Men, or rich young men, cannot walk, stand, pose, etc unless their hands are in their pockets. Perhaps their large hands throw their balance off so the hands need to be put away in their pockets
  2. 80's fashion is making a come-back ala JD's skinny jeans which look like leggings combined with her high top sneakers. Do they even make high tops anymore? I've impressed myself for remembering the term "high tops"
  3. JP's curly hair is mysteriously transferring to JH noona.
  4. Curly hair = strong personality. As JP loses his curly hair, he is losing his toughness and becoming less and less assertive
  5. Youtube posters make better mvs than BOF pd
  6. BOF pd got his training making mvs on youtube

Hoping against hope for a decent ending, but not betting any money on one

And I feel really robbed that we didn't get to see JP's reaction to his JP-styled lunchbox the way we saw his reaction to his JP cookies! Grrrrr!

Guest itzdi

You can really see how the actors and actress have grown into their characters. I too am sad that this drama will be ending soon.

I wonder if they'll show a baby jundi at the end?!? :lol:

Guest deeLOVELY

And wouldn't it make better drama if JD gets stabbed instead? I mean, why include the arc about how JD's mom is bragging to everyone that JD is dating JP unless it's so that the stabber has a way of getting back at Shinhwa through JP, which is to stab and kill his girlfriend?

sorry to cut your post but what?!

getting stabbed?

now that is being really really dramatic

Guest itzdi

hahah Jechoi..thats funny

the high top sneakers is pretty popular here in the states..

you're number 6 is funny

Has anyone seen any clips for the upcoming episodes?

I think Gaeul and Yijung have finally started to develope..Theres so much information hmm 2 episodes how are they going to do that?!?

Guest bluenitesky

i really hope this won't be a rush ending ... bcause most of the good dramas i've seen recently have rush ending and that's just ruin the whole thing, got to add the perfect touch to it =]

Guest etoile

So I won't really comment on Ep 23 or the ending bc I'm also disappointed in the lack of time given to main issues which means we will end up with a totally botched ending. Instead, here are some strange things I've noticed:

Did anyone else noticed that the blanket around JD and JP during the star gazing scene is the same one that JP put on JD the maid when she fell asleep on his recliner = JK, who decorated the place for JP and JD, somehow flew back to the Gu mansion to retrieve the blanket.

Also, JH's hair is the same as YJ's hair, no? Although in my opinion, it looks waaaay better on YJ.

But, on to other things, here is what I have learned from watching BOF:

1. Men, or rich young men, cannot walk, stand, pose, etc unless their hands are in their pockets. Perhaps their large hands throw their balance off so the hands need to be put away in their pockets
  2. 80's fashion is making a come-back ala JD's skinny jeans which look like leggings combined with her high top sneakers. Do they even make high tops anymore? I've impressed myself for remembering the term "high tops"
  3. JP's curly hair is mysteriously transferring to JH noona.
  4. Curly hair = strong personality. As JP loses his curly hair, he is losing his toughness and becoming less and less assertive
  5. Youtube posters make better mvs than BOF pd
  6. BOF pd got his training making mvs on youtube

Hoping against hope for a decent ending, but not betting any money on one

And I feel really robbed that we didn't get to see JP's reaction to his JP-styled lunchbox the way we saw his reaction to his JP cookies! Grrrrr!

wow can anyone be more sarcastic~ ha.

but about hightops. uh yeah. theyve been coming back for a while. how old must a person be to 'almost' have forgotten that term?

Guest itzdi

I wish wonbin would have a love interest...but i think he had some funny moments even though sometimes they were at the awkward times

Guest starlight tears

I know everyone's agog over episode 23 right now but i'm a little bit behind so sharing my recap for Episode 22 instead... Happy reading!

-------------------

ERRR… OR MAYBE NOT!

(However, your stinginess over JunDi scenes would not stop me from getting what I want from that scene … Who else here thinks that it was implied that Junpyo and Jandi did the deed on that night? Text YES and send to 1-800-Virgin no more if you feel that they did it and TEXT NO to 1-800-Celibacy-Rules if you think that they didn’t … In my imagination they did and that you have no control over… so take that Miss Scriptwriter…)

The next scene shows Secretary Jung picking up Jandi from school and before anyone else thinks that this is another one of Darth Mama’s ploys… Secretary Jung brings Jandi to see a patient in a comatose condition whom he asks her to take care of (as if Jandi is not busy enough with all her part time jobs) AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT A SHOCKER OF A REVELATION THIS PATIENT WOULD TURN OUT TO BE IN THE NEXT EPISODES…

As if we don’t have enough of flashbacks, we see Junpyo have one of his own which only happened ahhhhh… just two episodes ago? We are once again reminded of the time when Jandi and him played master and maid… (ahhhh… if only it was as kinky as that sounded…) and he learns from Secretary Jung that Jandi is staying at Jihoo’s…Junpyo then sends Jihoo a text message saying how he’s at peace that Jandi’s staying with him (which is actually codespeak for “THE CHICK IS MINE, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF OR I’LL BREAK THEM OFF…”) which is probably the reason why Jihoo said he was afraid…

Meanwhile, Jandi wanders around campus grounds listlessly looking for her boyfriend (*giggles* you know how giddy that makes me feel? When I say that Junpyo is Jandi’s BOYFRIEND… *giggles*) Woobin meets Jandi and talks about skin care and how everyone else is miserable except for him… (Oh woobie! We’re glad you’re not miserable… You’re our only ray of sunshine in this otherwise, melodramatic epic… Please stay that way and don’t go around jumping bridges anymore…)

As Woobin once again made me laugh over his gangsta ways and gangsta English, trying to help Junpyo to escape to be able to meet with Jandi…(Why is it that whenever thug like approaches are necessary Woobin is the person to call? Wahahaha!) The next and last scene totally reminded me why I have stuck with this series for this long… We might have UPS, we might have DOWNS… but oh my effin gosh… It is these moments that we are all living for… MOMENTS LIKE THESE THAT MAKE US SAY… Yes, BOF is worth giving a second, third, countless times to no matter how disappointed we may have become… As I giggled giddily over Junpyo’s harsh treatment of the cutest Korean kid ever just to get to Jandi in that zoo date… part of me was thinking where Minho and Hyesun ends and Jandi and Junpyo begins… the chemistry is soooo palpable that I’m seriously praying as I type this that they get another project which would allow them to have more sweet moments together… I think during some parts they were just acting along withouth a script anymore and seriously just playing around on set…

2. When did Hana Yori Dango become a melodrama? And when was it all about the supporting characters as well as the LEAD characters? I have no beef about the subplots of the story of the Korean series but I think the scriptwriter missed out on the keyword which was sub since it seems like the subplots have been getting more airtime lately

3. I DEMAND FOR MORE JUNDI moments… nuff said!

Flowerpot...your comments are totally hilarious but true.. I will vote for Text YES and send to 1-800-Virgin no more if you feel that they did it..since the I saw JD eyes gloom when she was looking at the bed hahaha! Totally enjoyed and lol. :lol:

Why can't Woo Bin just send an assassin to murder that witch?!?! Grrrrrrrrr.

Woobin is the nicest gangsta!

I agree.

Im not against JH because they're JH-JD scenes.

A lot of people talk about being JP/JD or JH/JD shippers.

I dont classify myself in either category.

I want MORE JP-JD scenes because THAT is what gets the story moving along!

This drama above all else, is about JOONDI's love story, so its only normal they should have more scenes so we can better understand their relationship.

Why we are still having JH-JD scenes when JP-JD have got back together is something I dont get. Its fine to show they're still close friends...but the love confessions...we had loads of pointless JH-JD scenes for them to fit that in earlier.

And their scenes together are always so stale. NOTHING happens & NOTHING develops so what is the point of them??

I've noticed that too and no matter how hard I just try and accept it for what it is, its still kinda frustrating.

Everytime we have happy JP-JD scenes, its ALWAYS the kind with music overplaying, no dialogue and quick shots of different scenes.

E.g. Zoo Date, Picnic Date within the last 2 episodes and they probably came to about 2 or 3 minutes of a 1 hour episode! And here we all were thinking now JaeKyung has gone, they'll get more time together. Well it hasnt felt that way at all.

WHY couldnt we have a long date scene before they broke up in Ep. 23?? Why couldnt we hear some laughing and dialogue when they were eating?

Although we do get some nice conversations between them like JP saying I love you & JD finally admitting her feelings to him. But they are soo short, there is no real DEEP, meaningful, long conversations between them...unlike JH-JD who seem to have really intense conversations in comparison.

Frankly, it just comes across as a very lazy scriptwriter who cant be bothered to come up with some proper conversations between the MAIN couple and thought 'oh everyone knows they're in love anyway' so lets just make it short and sweet.

I just think JP and JD's whole relationship has been portrayed in such a rushed and insignficant way as if the writer doesnt care for them much at all.

At first I am also not shipper of anybody until i feel that there is favoritism and totally unfair PD and writer in this drama! I am not sure why the person who knows to act are put aside while

the person who's trying to act but can't act are given more time. And actually..the JP & JD shipper makes me laugh... love reading your comments!

I just want to congratulate JP & JD with this Bus scene....it is so heartbreaking that my stone heart melt and cry huh :(

Guest christiane

i don t read others forum but seems that everyone agreed about JH scenes meanigless and KHJ acting not feat with the drama. PDs, writers, producers, hope they comes across some forum or our forum at least to answer us ...so many questions and we really need answer! did someone came to their official site to post the link to here?? B)

i just hope when they ll release te dvd, they will take time to edit some part..hehehehe..can i at least have this wish becoming true??

but about hightops. uh yeah. theyve been coming back for a while. how old must a person be to 'almost' have forgotten that term?

Ouch! That hurt! I may have to go to the hospital to make sure I don't get amnesia from my wounds. Score a direct hit to Etoile. :lol:

But really? They've made a comback? I'm from L.A. (and no that does not stand for Lower Alabama) so I'm also from the States and I know that high school boys still wear them, but girls too? I remember wearing them with skirts and stuff in middle school bc that was cool back then, but I thought girls wore Uggs and other boots these days and not sneaker high tops. Not that Gossip Girl takes place in L.A., but I don't see any of those girls wearing high tops either. Probably bc I don't watch Gossip Girl. Obviously, I don't like JD's outfits. No reason she has to look bad. Maybe it's her own way of protesting against all the JH scenes. You know, if I can't have more scenes with JP, then I refuse to look good while filming with JH. No.. that can't be right, bc she's worn some really ugly outfits in her scenes with JP too.

Guest icecreamy

heyy , i's so happy that gaeul and yi jeong finally had a kinda or was about to kiss . I means .. I think their finally gonna kiss on probably the part where jun pyo and jandi gets married and they're there and just kiss randomly , that's why i think is gonna happen . i'm just full of joy that like yi jeong and Gaeul are finally gonna be a couple . Celebrate the days come on !!!!! :D

Guest Q_Park

There are only two more episodes left and I can't believe that they are still having the amnesia part!!! >=(

Today's episode was a bit sad. I just love the way that JP and JD were so happy together but I can't stand the mom!

The kiss was really nice, the scenery and the way JD initiated it was sweet.

I guess we are going to have JH visit JD next week and JP losing his memory and that new girl coming in (Kim Min Ji is the actress).

I hope that the ending isn't rushed, if it is I will be so upset.

Does anybody know if the ending by any chance is like a __ year thing?

^ If that were to happen I think I might like it more than just a regular ending. Anyways, how the heck are they going to fit the amnesia and the BIG ENDING in 2 episodes?!

- Kyu

Guest puzzlebox

I got a question and hope someone can answer ASAP.

Whats the music that is played in ep 22 during the time about 44:40 - 46:00. First it was in piano then in viola or some string instrument. Mostly this song is played in Viola and i was just curious if anyone has the song name or music sheet.

Thanks!

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I agree.

Im not against JH because they're JH-JD scenes.

A lot of people talk about being JP/JD or JH/JD shippers.

I dont classify myself in either category.

I want MORE JP-JD scenes because THAT is what gets the story moving along!

This drama above all else, is about JOONDI's love story, so its only normal they should have more scenes so we can better understand their relationship.

Why we are still having JH-JD scenes when JP-JD have got back together is something I dont get. Its fine to show they're still close friends...but the love confessions...we had loads of pointless JH-JD scenes for them to fit that in earlier.

And their scenes together are always so stale. NOTHING happens & NOTHING develops so what is the point of them??

YES! Thank you very much! Exactly! When he was cutting her hair, I was like, What a waste of time... and the car wash scene... another waste. We don't need to see anymore development of their friendship. It's pretty obvious that Ji Hoo loves her whether he wants to say it out loud or not (even to Jandi, I would assume) and it's very obvious that Jandi loves Junpyo (or else why would she suffer so much), so anymore JH-JD scenes are a waste, especially when there's only 2 episodes left.

Guest simply__j

There are only two more episodes left and I can't believe that they are still having the amnesia part!!! >=(

Today's episode was a bit sad. I just love the way that JP and JD were so happy together but I can't stand the mom!

The kiss was really nice, the scenery and the way JD initiated it was sweet.

I guess we are going to have JH visit JD next week and JP losing his memory and that new girl coming in (Kim Min Ji is the actress).

I hope that the ending isn't rushed, if it is I will be so upset.

Does anybody know if the ending by any chance is like a __ year thing?

^ If that were to happen I think I might like it more than just a regular ending. Anyways, how the heck are they going to fit the amnesia and the BIG ENDING in 2 episodes?!

- Kyu

i hope they dont rush the ending either...

i agree that a __ year would be so much better... even though it'll probably feel like its still rushed >_<

Guest Ahr3um

does anyone know the ratings?

i went a few pages and the ratings were yesterdays??

can someone please clarify

the bus scene when JP and JD broke up was soo sad :(

and YJ & GE forever

Guest doremii*

the breakup felt rushed =( they only got back together for like one episode and then had to break up again.

I'm annoyed that the fiancee arc took up so many episodes and now they're rushing the ending =(

and WHY do they need to include the Umi character? ugh

although the sunset during the kiss scene was beautiful, the kiss was disappointing. Come on, teens don't kiss like that -___-