[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest hoistdacolors

jundi shippers, I want to ask a question:

does JH have that much charm and does he have that much chemistry with JD...that 5 minutes of car washing/hair cutting is enough to cause an uproar? obviously not right? because you guys have been staunch supporters of the Jundi couple and JH doesn't appeal to you. So why the heck are you guys getting your guns out and pointing them to JH over 5 minutes of bff bonding...in the same episode that JP and JD hugged, danced, stargazed, kissed (hallelujah) and confirmed their love for each other?

this reminds of me the venerable ajahn brahm's story once (gonna go off the tangent for a bit). He built a wall with 1000 bricks and when he finished, he realized that two bricks were crooked. He asked his abbot if he can take the whole wall down and rebuild. The abbot said to leave it. Then one day a visitor came and expressed his admiration for the wall. Ajahn brahm was embarrassed about his workmanship and pointed out those two bad bricks. The visitor said that he didn't notice them because there are 998 good ones.

You guys are too focused on the 2 bad bricks right now and missing out on the 998 good ones. Please stay positive! It's gonna be a happy ending for Jundi. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you not? If you can't, then take off those negatively tainted glasses and look ahead.

p.s. I haven't watched 23 yet. I know JP/JD will have two dates and then the breakup. If JH did something drastic and threaten Jundi's relationship, then I am sorry I wrote this post. If JH doesn't even show up for the majority of the episode, like his 10 minute appearance in 22 (yes, I counted them), then it confirms my speculation that y'all gone nuts. NUTS over minutia. Probably due to BoF early withdrawal symptoms.

^eek. I'm a strong advocate for the Joondi ship and i take a total separate stand. I truly believe in Joondi's love for each other and having Ji Hoo around doesn't bother me much because Jan Di's always reassuring me that there's no chance between them. Even when she gives Ji Hoo sincere looks, she already said goodbye to him after their first and last date (and even in ep23 she said goodbye to her "firefighter" once again). I just think it's a very crucial point in the drama right now since there are only 2 episodes left... we just want to make sure there is enough time for Joondi to finish their fight and live happily ever after.. with a Joon Pyo Jr (?) :sweatingbullets: . Since there's still the Umi arc.. i'm sure everyone's having doubts here and there.. :unsure: ... anyhow, you'll know that i love Ji Hoo scenes just as much as Joondi scenes-- but right, we're getting to the end now... basically 2 more hours~ish for the Umi arc and victory to Joondi, then it's going to be a close for BOF. :o I say it's fairly reasonable to panic. But i guess i'm a rare one~.. I'm keeping my faith for a satisfying Joondi ending. ;) ... i can't deny that i'm not nervous though.

I also expressed this in the Joondi thread.. Gollie.. :tears: Just when we get smiles of endearment for JOONDI, we get tears of sadness all over again.

Ep23 was a beautiful episode, yet sooo very sad. Especially the way it ended. Must've been the saddest ending of any BOF episode thus far (or i'm pretty sure it's just because of my whole-worldly love for Joon Pyo that makes me that much more sad to exaggerate this feeling.. yes, i'm quite a Joon Pyo-biased lover and surprisingly, i haven't felt any ounce of shame ;) ).. anyhow, gosh. Depressing. I can't take it anymore~ this time, Joon Pyo's really messed up over their break up. Since when did he go out and drink with other girls?? Now that's one indication on how he feels this time around. I feel soo very sad and i don't know if i can sleep peacefully tonight. Although the NGs at the end did lighten up the :tears: ending to this episode.

Despite all the unimportant Ji Hoo scenes *IloveJiHootothecorebytheway* at this crucial time of the drama, i am very impressed with his storyline with his grandpa. Clever story to pull off and i think we can see the most character development in Ji Hoo after the introduction of his grandpa's character. I cried with him when he opened up the box and found those drawings his grandpa had sketched.. :tears: He may not be the best actor in BOF, but i cannot deny my love for him nonetheless. And i seriously do feel that the scriptwriter is in love with him as well.. or Hyun Joong. :P Well.. i mean, who wouldn't be? He's a beautiful guy. I get lost in his expression-less face, and his smile is like.. so angelic. :rolleyes: *okok i'll stop spazzing on how gorgeously beautiful our Ji Hoo angel is* <_< .. I really do like his story with his grandpa. Very refreshing to HYD.

SoEul.. Wasn't that just sweet or what?? Yi Jeong, what a lost pal. But he's still got Ga Eul!! I can see anything possible with their story and i've been crossing my fingers since their first encounter. I like how Yi Jeong was the one to report to Woo Bin about Ga Eul's family situation with her dad.. It's like he was the first to know.. Well, he was probably the only person she could tell anyways.xD Umm... speaking of Woo Bin, our Prince Song is getting more handsome with each scene. He's so into his character that i can't see him outside and being Kim Joon. Yes, i need to work on that. I think i'm just very mushy mushy when it comes to Woo Bin. I'd marry him after Joon Pyo (again, i'm quite Joon Pyo-biased. Don't ask.)..

My favorite scene in ep23 is after Joondi goes on their date to the zoo with the little boy. Joon Pyo walks away and turns around... and then both Joon Pyo and Jan Di smile at each other. I've never seen so much of the same amount of contentment in their eyes while looking at each other. I replayed that itty bitty part over and over again and it never fails to put a smile on my face..*

What are we to do?? The script to the ending won't even be revealed to the cast themselves until the day of filming. :( I'm assured that it's a Joondi ending, but what/where/when/how and don't make me question why????? Season 2 has been one huge roller coaster of feelings, heartache and HEADACHE everywhere-- some stomachaches even (with all those yummy-looking food)-- but no doubt when there are Joondi scenes, no one can deny the revival of the series. Although there were minimum Joondi scenes in the 2nd season, whenever i do find them together~ i can't help but savior the moments. Every eye contact, gesture, etc.. is so memorable. I'm trying not to get disappointed at the writer and PD (it seems everyone is at the moment since there are only 2 episodes left.. everyone's getting impatient and nervous).. I'll only be disappointed if BOF does not do justice to our Joondi couple. They endured and went through all this pain and suffering,,, something's gotta give!!! I'll admit that i have some doubt in a satisfying ending, BUT i'm still giving more benefit of the doubt to our PD and scriptwriter.............. >__< Please make it worth these 3 months!!!

... I don't know how i'm going to sleep tonight. Joon Pyo yahhh... :tears:

Edit.

StarieNight, i'm sure it was mentioned here awhile ago.. and basically, everyone opposed to the idea. Doesn't it feel like such a waste?? :lol: ....... but really, i hope that's not how it'll end. :mellow: ... actually, i'll just omit that possibility of an ending to make me feel better. =)

V

boraah, love your real F4 banner. :P Which is which??xD

Guest boraah

For me it ended at 14 because up to that point everything was still consistent and and the story still revolved around JunPyo and Jandi.

The rest after episode 14 was just a complete mess for me

I liked it better when people were complaining during season 1 the story revolved around JunPyo and made the story seem as if it was from his point of view which was supposedly from Jandi, because then at least, it was still THEIR story, but now it has turned into The Struggles of JiHoo.

EDIT

I was just wondering, do korean people, those from korean message boards also have the same sentiments are international fans do?

Actually most fans that I know in Korea are non-HYD manga fans, BUT drama fans. So, most fans who watch KBN don't know that JunPyo and Jandi are suppose to end up together. I think the writer/PD tried to make the drama NOT to obvious that Jandi was going to end up with JunPyo. I think they tried making this drama for a wider audiance besides hardcore HYD fans.

hahaha epi 23 is a good episode with a some flaws..maybe im such a JoonDi shipper that every minute is feels like heaven..oh how i wish the scriptwriter would give them longer conversation because GHS and LMH's chemistry onscreen is just so powerful that they give me that butterfly feelings why loved JoonDi together..anyhow im not going to talk about JH but it's obvious that fate is not on his side since each time he tries to convey his feelings, things just get interrupted..anyhoo almost everyone talk about his unnecessary scenes so im not going to whine about it anymore..

anyhow i loved the whole JD-JP-and the kid..they even got featured on tv because they look like a happy family..oh how i wish this vague dream of JP to come true to life perhaps on the last mins of episode 25..

my fave scenes of course are in the picnic..just seeing how happy JoonDi together in their lil world--having a date like a normal couple..JD finally confessing her true feelings for JP..but in the drama world..we all know good things=sad scenes after..

the bus scene even though it was sad, i loved it..maybe because GHS and LMH were pretty good in this scene..im just so happy that they found LMH to play JP because this man really knows how to show angst onscreen--

im just happy that finallllyyy the scriptwriter is giving us the inside look of wha's going on JD's mind especially on her feelings for JP..i think this is the epi where i at least heard that she likes JP..but my fave part was her scene with Madam Kang...i'll just quote it

“I haven’t lost to you, and I am not running away either. You’re the worst person I’ve ever met. I’m leaving because I don’t wish to connect the ones I love to you. I’m just sorry that I can’t save the one person I love the most from you.”

thank god scriptwriter for throwing some sympathy towards JoonDi fans..but still you should have at least drop some hints here and there in the earlier epis of season 2..

anyhow..2 more epis to go..i love this drama despite of its flaws..and i loved it more than HYD and Meteor Garden..yeah yeah i whine about all the craziness of the script but im still here dying to know what's going to happen...

did anyone hear the rumor where jandi will wake up and she realizes it was all a dream? O.O

yeah but i heard that rumor in goong too but that didn't happen..maybe this whole it was just a "dream" thing was inspired by the crazy WTF ending of Lovers in Paris..anyhow the ending rumor is that it will be a happy ending..i know people are thinking negative thoughts since the PD is going to do a different ending than the manga..well im hoping it's true because i didn't really like the manga ending even though it was a happy one..i want a JP-JD-lil JP ending...

did anyone hear the rumor where jandi will wake up and she realizes it was all a dream? O.O

yeah but i heard that rumor in goong too but that didn't happen..maybe this whole it was just a "dream" thing was inspired by the crazy WTF ending of Lovers in Paris..anyhow the ending rumor is that it will be a happy ending..i know people are thinking negative thoughts since the PD is going to do a different ending than the manga..well im hoping it's true because i didn't really like the manga ending even though it was a happy one..i want a JP-JD-lil JP ending...

WTH :o

I hope it isn't true. Yeah, it do reminds me of Lovers in Paris which made me so discontented. But let's see if it will be the real ending. But I still go with my hope of GJP+GJD happy ending.

[24.03.09] SNSD's mini album "Gee" and "Boys over Flowers" drama OST broke the 100,000 sales mark, saving Korea's ailing music industry

2dcbz0w.jpg

Korean girl group SNSD and KBS2TV's Monday-Tuesday idol drama "Boys over Flowers" had saved the Korean music industry from an economic slump with their staggering sales.

SNSD's mini album "Gee" was the first to have broken the 100,000 sales mark early in March as announced by their parent company, SM Entertainment. Since the release of the mini album early in January, SNSD had swept all top music spots from various music ranking charts in Korea and had been the sole force to be reckoned with in the Korean music industry.

It was recently announced that the drama OST of "Boys over Flowers" had also sold more than 100,000 copies. The OST had been gaining tremendous popularity with the masses, just like how the drama held viewers throughout Korea spellbound with their ratings of over 30% nationwide.

The initial economic forecast for the Korean music industry was mainly one of doom and gloom due to the lack of major stars as well as an economically weakening off-line sales market. Many had predicted and expected that the Korean music industry would go downhill.

However, the dazzling appearances of such an active girl group like SNSD as well as the highly popular "Boys over Flowers" drama OST seemed to have proven the predictions and expectations wrong, instead proving that the Korean music industry also has better times ahead.

Credits: newsen.com

Translation: cyncia@snsdchina and bubzooka@soshified.com

Take Out With Full Credits

The point is, we have every right to comment negatively or positively about a scene. It is really not for anyone else to say whether or not we can comment about the show or how we can comment about the show. If it becomes a new rule that we can't actually discuss the show/scenes/actors of BOF on the BOF discussion thread--then I'm sure we will all deal accordingly but until then...perhaps you could take your own advice and scroll.

Rite......comments & discussion....pls look up in the dictionary if you dun understand the meaning....what you people are doing are BASHING!!!! Bashing, the PD, the writers, the actors, the characters and now to the extent of KHJ fans...

But...have u forgotten why this thread was close not too long ago?

And btw if nobody likes JH/JD scene or find it such a waste I wonder why is it the poll of JH/JD ending is still leading over the JP/JD ending in the Korean website....

Guest mab2007

guyzz.what happened to ep 23 in vikii on part 1?..it's t0o short.only 2 mins..can somebody share a link where i can watch it..pls!

btw, BOF is going to be shown in the phils..s0oner!..

it will be in ABS-CBN...

-for those who are living in the Phils..

Guest ml_87

Rite......comments & discussion....pls look up in the dictionary if you dun understand the meaning....what you people are doing are BASHING!!!! Bashing, the PD, the writers, the actors, the characters and now to the extent of KHJ fans...

But...have u forgotten why this thread was close not too long ago?

And btw if nobody likes JH/JD scene or find it such a waste I wonder why is it the poll of JH/JD ending is still leading over the JP/JD ending in the Korean website....

I think that u guys should stop arguing here. if we want to discuss about sth, let just say in a gentle way. pls, dont make the problem worse :mellow: . ths so much.

i agree with JESSCHOI that we shouldnt take it too seriously. this is only a drama. let enjoy the last week of BOF :lol:

btw, just read an article. Kim Hyun Joo (plays JP's nuna) finished her role in BOF today. she has played the last scene in which JunHee encourages JP-JD. :lol: i do hope a wedding scene. pls, PD nim :rolleyes:

Guest sillyme

jundi shippers, I want to ask a question:

does JH have that much charm and does he have that much chemistry with JD...that 5 minutes of car washing/hair cutting is enough to cause an uproar? obviously not right? because you guys have been staunch supporters of the Jundi couple and JH doesn't appeal to you. So why the heck are you guys getting your guns out and pointing them to JH over 5 minutes of bff bonding...in the same episode that JP and JD hugged, danced, stargazed, kissed (hallelujah) and confirmed their love for each other?

this reminds of me the venerable ajahn brahm's story once (gonna go off the tangent for a bit). He built a wall with 1000 bricks and when he finished, he realized that two bricks were crooked. He asked his abbot if he can take the whole wall down and rebuild. The abbot said to leave it. Then one day a visitor came and expressed his admiration for the wall. Ajahn brahm was embarrassed about his workmanship and pointed out those two bad bricks. The visitor said that he didn't notice them because there are 998 good ones.

You guys are too focused on the 2 bad bricks right now and missing out on the 998 good ones. Please stay positive! It's gonna be a happy ending for Jundi. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can you not? If you can't, then take off those negatively tainted glasses and look ahead.

p.s. I haven't watched 23 yet. I know JP/JD will have two dates and then the breakup. If JH did something drastic and threaten Jundi's relationship, then I am sorry I wrote this post. If JH doesn't even show up for the majority of the episode, like his 10 minute appearance in 22 (yes, I counted them), then it confirms my speculation that y'all gone nuts. NUTS over minutia. Probably due to BoF early withdrawal symptoms.

Finally, a breathe of fresh air blowing into this forum~~~

Seriously, can the PD, director, scriptwriter, even the actors and staff, satisfy EVERYONE?? Like JESSCHOI, let's just enjoy this series.

I actually find many incoherent, illogical scenes in this version, it's like the director follows the scenes written in the manga but put them out randomly. BUT, I like how refreshing the Korean F4 are presented. I enjoy watching them that's why I'm a bit sad that there are only 2 episodes left. I know it's impossible to hope for a season 2 or even an extension of this series, so I'll just rewatch the whole series once it's done.

PEACE~~~~

Rewatch ep 23 again. The ep is so sad..

I dont understand why so many people complaining about Ji Hoo's appearance.

He is the 911 of Jandi. I can not imagine how would she can continue her love with JP without him.

Whenever I watching Ji Hoo with Jandi, my heart is so hurt. That man is brilliant, he has a good heart and beautiful mind. The more he gets close to Jandi, the more he will get hurt at the end.

I dont want him propose to Jandi. It's so cruel to him. Confessing his love to her is enough..don't make Jandi to reject him..Please....It will be heartbreaking scene to me...

Guest xx-outsider-xx

Episode 23 is way toooo revolting. i can't stay silent anymore!

3/now the last thing... Jihoo CAN sing,CAN ride horses,CAN cut hairs,CAN play piano, alot more CAN... but he CANNOT act. I mean all i remenber since first episode is 2 facial expressions : the smiling one (i'm fine with this 1) and the i-feel-nothing one.

Sorry to cut your post short, but this one is really funny. The phrasing is just plain hilarious. :lol:

It's not that i'm anti KHJ. I actually quite like his portrayal of soft and supportive Jihoo. His acting is arguably lacking when you compare it to other actors but to me, at some point, it was still acceptable (and would have been so if the writer really know the limitations) I'm sure he himself realizes his shortcomings in the acting department, but the script really shows some favoritism that causes the direction of the drama to stray from what one would expect. Normally, getting the unexpected is supposedly good, in the sense that it keeps giving you surprises and keeps you at the edge of your seat, but the unexpected in BBF is far from this context. Some of the scenes (and i'm sure you know which scenes i'm referring to) does not add any value at all to the character and/or plot development. The inferior acting only make it worse. The supposedly loveable and endearing jihoo character has became someone i want to give a slap on the face. :ph34r: It's not because of what he does or doesn't do, but rather because the scriptwriter and director have made this particular character so in your face with no dynamic at all. His scenes become annoying fillers that are taking precious screentime that could have been allocated to more plot development or moving-forward kinda scenes. To be fair, some of his scenes with jandi does move the plot forward, but the rest are just ... <_<

One thing you can be sure they havent done is PLAN.

Its the lack of planning which is why everything is so out of balance and so haphazardly put together.

The writer seems to have just 'gone with the flow'...

I remember when season 1 was about to end and there were rumors about how the second season is going to be different bla bla bla. In the news or statements made i read that the production team themsleves even stated then that "we don't know yet what's going to happen in season 2 but it's definitely going to be different from the original manga" or something of that sort. I was like, "WHAT DER HEK????" They don't even know YET what's the content of Season2? If they were talking about season 2 that will be out 2 years from now then it's fine. But season 2 is the FOLLOWING WEEK after the end of season 1! I was pissed when i read those statements. I saw black clouds looming above my head. and as we all know, the rest is history, or history in-the-making (since we have two more episodes left)

I wouldn't count on it. I have accepted Woobin's fate already... that his storyline was sacrificed just so we can have a montage of Jihoo scenes per episode. :angry:

:angry: I don't know what to say anymore. I guess enough rant about Jihoo's music videos. lol.

omg, i just started watching this drama (after EOE finished)

and man.. I'M OBSESSED! it's soooo goood! ahhh!

but i'm only on ep. 3 :[[[[

gahhh! i have so much catching up to do haha

Enjoy while you can before you become mad like the rest of us later. :wacko:

Actually, I'm also restarting from episode 1 and do my own review at my blog, just to keep my BBF craze last for a little while longer. But i'm only at episode 2 so far. Oh, the good old episodes~~ :rolleyes:

Guest honeydice

This is just a drama. There's no need to bash here and there.. Chill.

I have to agree that season2 pd planned the jk part kind of draggy and now have to rush things up.

But who knows if they're gonna add few more episodes or whatever? ;/ i hope so.

Guest confessionD

Episode 23 Soft Subs

Here are rapidshare softsubs for episode 23. I take no credit for any translation works.

http://rapidshare.com/files/213207114/bof23.richard simmons

Source: viikii.

Credits: 9529rmr, angifangi25, aquaeia, asukitta, AznAlexT, champong, deegee89, freshhh, Giselle, grc733, iheartut188, jennyb, jkimx6, Julianab215, jupitel, kabvaj09, kdrama5, keaixin424, korean4ever, krystinaaa, kt123, mekellina, meliccha, mexikankutty, Nanciie, nyleve, pinkyleo509, SakuraG, scheeta18, sethcohen1, stardust, Stoofanie, Sunnnyx, tiffanykbofle, timothy1234, veryberrymary, xoxoLULUxoxo, zannillestel90210,

Note: since this is a bootleg rip its unsynched - hopefully somebody will sync them soon

I don't have the hd raw so I haven't watched this yet, but since there seems to be some gliches in the viikii files, I guess there will be major unsynch about 40 minutes in.

Can anyone upload this to mediafire? Can't dl from here. :(

only 2 more episodes to the end of the series. I think JH is having a little too much screen time. And with 2 more epi, there's still the umi arc, might be a bit too rush. I hate rush endings. Hope YJ and GE can get more screentime in the last 2 epi, their story is too brief as they only have a few minutes in each episode. :(

Guest simplyyjenii

wow so they're still doing the amnesia?! Talk about a 5 second happy ending then!

Will the last episode be an extra long episode then? My guess is that:

JP Papa will wake up, and ask for JD (in other words, he'll ask for the girl who he remembers reading to him while he was unconscious). This is when Pres. Kang realizes that she will have to accept JD...

GJP Fighting...

ahaha! I agree with that! I actually think mama kang will come to her senses and finally accept the couple! :)

Guest ml_87

i think it's necessary for JD to reject JH. i love JH (of course, less than JP-JD). i dont wanna see him stuck in this more. he should wake up now. i know he's sure that JD doesnt love him. but, u know, sometimes u need that person to say directly to u to confirm everything. i wanna JH to escapse from his current situation. each time i saw him i feel so pitiful. i wanna him find his right girl who can make him happy. so, BOF is great to me. Joondi, Soeul couple and JH-someone. and about JoonDi, i dun think i need more lines betwen them. to me, if they can convey their love through the eyes (or gesture, facial expression), they should continue to do that. :D

btw, i love OST 2 more than OST 1. yeah, there're more beatutiful songs in OST one but i didnt like any of them as much as the song of A&T. the bus chase scene is even more heartbroken with this song :(

guys, guys, what do you mean by too much of JH-JD and it being meaningless?

it is just a set-up for an unforgettable ending......: JH-JD...LOL....

one that everyone will remember and talk about...hahahaha..

elow guys...just asking....base on one article posted here in previous pages...it said that BOF would end in 25 eps that will air in march 31...but it sounds that maybe somehow BOF will have a season 2........i hope.....

BOF..fighting...........