[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest jAe_eMeE

There is also Viikii and Veoh. Veoh has high quallity full episodes and not 10 minute clips.

thank you so much...!!! :D

can't wait to watch ep. 17...

Guest kurayzeexivy

I apologize ahead of time if this

has been asked a gazillion times before but,

is there anywhere else besides www.viikii.net

to watch the BOF special subbed?

The video is not uploading for me. :(

'Boys Over Flowers' needs to tone down?

KBS is joining in the race with SBS to create more (age?) appropriate television programming with the outpouring of complaints over the depiction of violence in KBS2TV's BOF.

In January alone, the hot drama managed 21 out of 201 complaint letters and KBS is finding it hard to turn a blind eye. With complaints of bullying, school violence, sexual harrassment and elevation of affluence against the less well-off, it was announced today that KBS representatives are in talks with the production team to extend some 'restraint' on the following plotlines. Chances of BOF turning into a PG program is reportedly very high.

credit:seoulbeats

(Well...I think this idea sucks. And whats really the point now we're over halfway through the drama)

Well I just hope the production team appreciates such a dedicated actress like GHS and let her have a rest now and again and not work her to the bone.

I don't get this at all. Personally, I find that this version of BOF is far less violent than the other versions and heaven knows the passion quota has been well toned down. As for the affluence level being greater than the less-well off that just ridiculous, it is what it is. The status separation is no different from any of the other rich boy-poor girl or rich girl-poor dramas I've seen including, YAMD and Pure 19. The only difference is that they were not flying all around the globe. But it was quite evident that there was a status difference. The people writing the complaints have just too much time on their hands and obviously, they are also watching the show because otherwise they would not know all these things. I hope they don't change BOF too much and I'm glad they will all be in College soon. Why ruin the show with just 8 episodes to go. I guess we definitely won't see JK laying on top of JP (although that's a good thing), instead we'll see a back massage. lol

EDIT

siticantik3011 Isn't that pic below from New Caledonia instead of Macau?

It's probably because there are too many users. The best time to log on to Viikii is in the morning, at least for me. I always log on in the morning or mid afternoon. There's always Veoh.com. Veoh sometimes has subbed versions of BBF. Just letting you all know, some of the english translations in the special BBF NG (on Viikii) show are not accurate. I am not a subber for Viikii, but I am Korean and speak and read English and Korean fulently, and when I watched it in the morning many of the translations were wrong.

Guest huangsy

You didnt go thru all the options listed on 1st post?

If you can understand Chinese subs, http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzU0MjY3ODA=.html

*edited*

New KBS pics released today updated in Photos List I. Thumbnails here.

151001131_S.jpg151001132_S.jpg151001133_S.jpg151001134_S.jpg151001135_S.jpg151001136_S.jpg151001137_S.jpg

151001138_S.jpg151001139_S.jpg151001140_S.jpg151003238_S.jpg151003239_S.jpg151003240_S.jpg151003241_S.jpg

151003242_S.jpg151003243_S.jpg151003244_S.jpg151003245_S.jpg151003246_S.jpg151003247_S.jpg151003248_S.jpg151003249_S.jpg

151003250_S.jpg151003251_S.jpg151003252_S.jpg151003253_S.jpg151003254_S.jpg151003255_S.jpg

th_551689.jpg

th_551692.jpgth_551693.jpg

th_551700.jpgth_551719.jpg

th_551720.jpgth_551729.jpg

YJ's brother appears and his ex g/f too !

151006046_L.jpg

151006040_L.jpg

Hmmm, wat are these 4 doing in the kitchen?

151003262_L.jpg

Guess we can expect flashback scenes.

551720.jpg

I don't get this at all. Personally, I find that this version of BOF is far less violent than the other versions and heaven knows the passion quota has been well toned down. As for the affluence level being greater than the less-well off that just ridiculous, it is what it is. The status separation is no different from any of the other rich boy-poor girl or rich girl-poor dramas I've seen including, YAMD and Pure 19. The only difference is that they were not flying all around the globe. But it was quite evident that there was a status difference. The people writing the complaints have just too much time on their hands and obviously, they are also watching the show because otherwise they would not know all these things. I hope they don't change BOF too much and I'm glad they will all be in College soon. Why ruin the show with just 8 episodes to go. I guess we definitely won't see JK laying on top of JP (although that's a good thing), instead we'll see a back massage. lol

[/quote

I totally agree with you. This Korean version is far less violent than the previous versions. I have only watched clips of the preivous ones, and this is not violent. People in korea see violence many of the dramas that they watch... I can't name any because I am not allowed to, but I know that all of you who enjoy Korean dramas can think of many right now. The question is why are some of the people in Korea throwing a hissy fit over the not so violent scenes and the way the drama is scripted? Are people forgetting that this is simply a drama based on a manga series. If they believe that there is too much violence, then don't watch it at all. A cousin in korea once told me that there are many Korean students who talk to eachother like the way that Jandi's classmates do to her. It really isn't anything new... it's the way Korean students are. When it comes to school, it's a fight (to get good grades) or fail (be the worst student).

Responding to a recent court case where a couple of students blamed BBF scences for their violent outbreak at school? Stupid people who blame non realistic shows like BBF cause more trouble than they need too. The actions they took are their responsibility and not the drama. I have a feeling that those 21 letters are in response to the court case. Come on people... let's be realistic here. You can't really blame a drama for your actions. It's more like these teens don't want to take full responsibility for their actions and now BBF must pay the price.

Guest juneforest2000

Hi,

I am new here, really enjoyed this forum with you guys discussing over BBF. I love to watch Korea drama. BBF one of the very BEST I hv ever know. I saw both the Japan and Taiwan versions, still I LOVED the Korea one. LEE MIN HO AND KOO HYE SUN ARE GREAT!!Airing ep 17 tonight is something I can't wait to see. I saw some arcticles here saying KBS is going to tone down the acting of BBF. I hope really not. I am not a korean, I dun really understand their culture. Most of the Korea drama I seen are very restricted to kissing sences. Really so called - merely a peck. I wondered why is that so?

In BBF JP kisses to JD is always, I feel 'a touch' on the lips only. JP from chasing JD since Ep 2 have gone thru all the effort, disappointment, anger and finally love from JD and JD who initially hated JP hv slowly fell in love after all the things he hv done from her. He showered her with love, not to mention the luxury trip and things he have purchased for her, rescuing her from the snow scene on Ep 12 and protected her from his cruel mum. With all the many hard works both have put in, shouldn't their kisses be more passinate?( I am not saying the VERY ones, maybe at least twist their head a bit??)Why always just 'a touch' feel to me. I feel if kisses are more passinate, it will made me feel they are more loved to each other. However, like I hv said, I really dun know is this a part of a culture of korean or because they are not apporiate for viewers. Anyway, I dun think BBF is violent. In some schools there are a really incidents of beating between students, maybe not that exaggrating. Passinate kissing is also normal when a couple is deeply in love.

Heard there will be a kissing sence for JP and JK. Well JK are someone I dun hate. I find her very poor thing. A princess that can hv all she wants in this world, EXCEPT JP LOVE. Seeing from the preview, she seems to hv said something nasty that made JD dropped her fork on the table. I dun know what was it, but I am thinking she must hv found out JP actually rejected her due to JD. JK hv been treating JD as a good friend , so if JD or JP would be more honest to her about their love, JK might even step down and call off the engagement. In fact I feel sad for JK, she lost not only JP but JD that she regarded as a good friend.

Besides JP and JD, another two characters that catches me are Yi Jung and Ga Eul. They are so sweet. GE is so pretty and I feel they made a perfect couple!! I hv a feeling that YJ do hv some feelings to GE. I remember the first time when GE and JD invited JP for a double date, that face that appeared on YJ seems soar when he know GE hv a date to go. He even suggested to go behalf of JP if he refused to go.Secondly, wearing the knitting sleves made from GE also make me feel he does like her, as what WB hv said, it's not his style in the drama. Then at the snow playing groud, he rescued GE at Ep 12. He sounded very worried as he calls out her name. Therefore, I kinda of feel he does like GE despite acting cruel and rejecting her. In both Japan and Taiwan vers, these two characters are never together. I hope the Korea ver will make a change and let them be a couple. That will be really sweet.

Yoon Ji character to me, is really a bit dull. I wondered if he really love JD or because he need to love someone to forget the one he loved. To me YJ is a very lonely person. Never get any loved from his death parents and grandfather. To me ,I feel he needs to love someone to feel secure.He is really nice to JD, sometimes I think, if JD would end up with him maybe she will not suffered that much. I really pity JD, she used to like YJ so much but now all her heart is only JP (which is a good thing to me :) ) I hope YJ will always be there for JD, but only as a SOULMATE. Throughout all this eps Woo Bin have the less sence among the F4. I really hope they can put in more scene for him. Afterall, he is also part of the F4.

I dun know how the show is going to run after eps 17 and 18, I hope there will be more touching scenes and I hope JP and JD will reconcile as soon as possible. I really want to see them back together. Hope that ep will not be too far from now. The above are just mainly my feels and thoughts to share with you guys here. So let's enjoy the drama and pray that KHS will hv a speedy recovery!!!

Guest lol^_^

Is not a mistake, has happened before to other users and now happened again.

Haruekorea's ranking was so high, bound to attract attention of YT and KBS, etc

I think the alternatives are Arashi, Lyptika and Hoonfamily's a/c on YT but ideally we should spread out and not hit on any one YT user bec that gets them into trouble later.

Those who can watch realtime using MMS link, TVants, KBS Able link, etc, cud help by staying away fr YT. Then wait for someone to upload the HQ vid and share the SS/MU/MF etc links here (that way, harder for KBS to track, altho they could be a user/reader at Soompi here too).

I think that a/c may be affected too cos she advertised that link with her old ID. Poor Haruekorea, i think she must be quite shaken by this incident.

This is also a reason I upload vid to my blog and not YT instead. Also why some users dont use obvious drama titles like "Boys Over Flowers" (actually "kkotboda namja" wud be obvious to KBS cos is romanised from the Korean title).

tppwendy, pls remove the IMG tags in your quoted post.

they have it on mysoju.com

Guest tinyxtina

lol

me and my impatience. -_- i checked the first page of this forum and clicked on the links to see if there was anything on the f4 talk show special in ENG subs. no such luck -_- and the links that everyone is posting up, those aren't loading.

man. me and my luck. i'm already going through bof withdrawals.

lol

me and my impatience. -_- i checked the first page of this forum and clicked on the links to see if there was anything on the f4 talk show special in ENG subs. no such luck -_- and the links that everyone is posting up, those aren't loading.

man. me and my luck. i'm already going through bof withdrawals.

If you go on to Viikii or Hoonfamily on Youtube... Hoonfamily might be the best because Viikii is kinda slow right now.... here is the link for hoonfamily http://www.youtube.com/user/hoonfamily

I totally agree with you. This Korean version is far less violent than the previous versions. I have only watched clips of the preivous ones, and this is not violent. People in korea see violence many of the dramas that they watch... I can't name any because I am not allowed to, but I know that all of you who enjoy Korean dramas can think of many right now. The question is why are some of the people in Korea throwing a hissy fit over the not so violent scenes and the way the drama is scripted? Are people forgetting that this is simply a drama based on a manga series. If they believe that there is too much violence, then don't watch it at all. A cousin in korea once told me that there are many Korean students who talk to eachother like the way that Jandi's classmates do to her. It really isn't anything new... it's the way Korean students are. When it comes to school, it's a fight (to get good grades) or fail (be the worst student).

Responding to a recent court case where a couple of students blamed BBF scences for their violent outbreak at school? Stupid people who blame non realistic shows like BBF cause more trouble than they need too. The actions they took are their responsibility and not the drama. I have a feeling that those 21 letters are in response to the court case. Come on people... let's be realistic here. You can't really blame a drama for your actions. It's more like these teens don't want to take full responsibility for their actions and now BBF must pay the price.

Hmm....how long has this article been floating around? Did it just come about? Ay....this is what I miss when leave for a day or so. I totally agree with you guys on this. I think that out of all the versions of HYD, this was the least violent. When I first watched the show, I was like...hmmm...where is all the fighting? If they think that this is bad, they should watch the Taiwan version and the japanese version. They have way more violence than this one. In fact, I actually think that the japanese version had more violence probably because in the beginning, I see Domyoji hit people everytime he comes in. So, in this version, it is way more toned down than it is supposed to be. There is violence in almost every thing we watch unless it is a kid show, but then again, they will still have some hitting from the kids. I really think that real life violence cannot be blamed on shows. Sorry, but I think it is up to the parents to tell their kids that it is bad and not learn from it, not keep them from it. I think that proper teaching is needed because if the parents start stopping kids from watching it, it will only foster their curiosity to watch it in secret and it will be impossible for the parents to teach their kids the right thing. I also believe that it is the responsiblity of the individual to turn the events in shows to real life or just watch it as a show. Anyways, this is a topic that people will be arguing forever. I don't think what I said was comprehensible by other people either, but I can't really express what I want to say. In my opinion, people that don't want to take responsiblity for their actions blame tv shows so that they could feel better about themselves.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't affect the show too much but honestly, has their been that much violence recently? The beginning of the show yeah, but I barely see any violence recently. I hope that they don't change the show too much because it is sad in the way that it is going already.

I haven't gotten to fully watch the special yet, but it was nice to see that all F4 went to see GHS. I hope she is doing better. There are at least 7 episodes left and I wonder how she is going to manage to finish filming. Not that I want her to hurry up to finish it, it's just that she will probably push herself to finish the filming and I don't want that to happen. As what F4 said, health is the most important because if a person is not healthy, that person can't do anything. GHS Fighting!!!

Well, I'm going to go finish watching the special. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I am going to. Does that mean that F4 didn't get to rest because they had to do this special? Aww....if they didn't, it would be nice if they did. I hope I was wrong and they did get some rest too.

Guest tinyxtina

If you go on to Viikii or Hoonfamily on Youtube... Hoonfamily might be the best because Viikii is kinda slow right now.... here is the link for hoonfamily http://www.youtube.com/user/hoonfamily

yeah. i checked that account before too. i'm stalking all the sites as humanly possible. xD

but thanx for helping =)

as much as i don't like JK (regardless how nice of a character she is) i must admit... that is a very VERY cute outfit :w00t:

^I agree, CUUUUTE outfit!!! :)

AHHHH, I finally caught up with this thread. :sweatingbullets: But, anyways, I have a request to make.. I don't think this was requested, but can someone please find me a .gif of JH getting ready in ep 15? when he first got the new haircut? I hope this isn't too much to askk :blush: I would totally appreciate this! Thanks so much in advance! (You can PM me^^) I hope I'm allowed to ask this.. if not, I'll edit my post and delete this request.

puahahaha I laughed so hard too when JP and that woman were gibber gabbing haha~ the lady was foreign so she was saying the only korean words she knew..

Chinese woman: "Bahng gahp seum ne dah" "Nice to meet you" "

JP: oh Nice to meet you as well..

CW: "Oppa"

JP: laughs

CW: "Sah Rang heh yo" (I love you)

JP: *surprised* "I love you? who did you learn that from?"

they laugh and CW says "i dont know"

then the chinese woman says something random in Chinese that JP can't understand

JP: "I have no idea what she's saying" (while continuing to act as if they are having a pleasant conversation ^^)

CW: continues to say something in Chinese...

JP: smiles and says " I cant think of anything to say"

NOw that's some good acting ^^

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH, thank you lyptika for sharing the YT link of the NGs. And, thank you polaris for translating that hiliarious part! I totally agree.. that's some good acting. I also thought it was funny when JP was riding the "fake mechanical horse" hahahahha. Ahhh, can't wait till tommorow's episode (:

torimo and siticantik3011! Thank you for the updated photos!!!xD

In one of the photos, Jan Di looks like her nose is bleeding.. right? >_< My vision, possibly.

I loooove Joon Pyo's pointy shoes in the first picture... i love long coats with pointy shoes. OK, i just noticed i dress like Goo Joon Pyo in that photo :blink: ~ pretty funny how i should be saying this about Jae Kyung instead. :lol: Looks all the more hotter with Goo Joon Pyo's Lee Min Ho's long legs.. :rolleyes: *sigh* That kiss...... JOON PYO fighting** I have almighty faith in our Joon Pyo. ^_^

HQ Macau pic~

http://i44.tinypic.com/14j9gy0.jpg

credit: DCminho

^ (I think you meant New Caledonia :sweatingbullets: ) The expression on F4's faces.... very parallel to what Kim Joon, Kim Hyun Joong, and Kim Hye Sun talked about on Happy Together about New Caledonia. I laugh everytime i watch that part when HJ says: "I read an article saying that New Caledonia is a popular destination for honeymooners..a fantasy island.....I just went WHATEVER ... If my future wife want to go to New Caledonia for honeymoon I will divorce her." :lol: You can see how much they disliked being there..xD

Anyhow... i'm quite worrisome about the disabled accts. :( But i agree with huangsy's suggestion (which i have been doing for the past weeks)-- for the ones who happen to stream it live, maybe we can lay low on some of these sites and d/l it when alternative links are provided here (or other non-yt links). I usually watch it live and then wait until it is subbed and uploaded on ohmiyask's veoh's page. She does a wonderful job with subbing and uploading, whether it takes her just a few hours or a full day to complete subbing/uploading one episode. :) I hope this won't become serious though~~ although we can't really argue about it.. :unsure:

Eeeek. Along with that, i really hope BOF can stay BOF and cater to its targeted audience.... why must it be PG when it wasn't meant to be in the first place? >_<

People who complain about BOF for "violence" and "kissing" scenes and other nonsensical issues like the disparity of the have and have nots don't have anything better to do. I have seen a lot of dramas with more violence so why did they not complain about those. As to the kissing scenes, they're so tame compared to other dramas like Goong and Coffee Prince. Not only that, I have seen other Korean films with a level of violence and sexually explicit scenes that would make Hollywood blush; so why are these people not reacting? And from what I gather, the number of people complaining are just a few and they don't speak for the majority. I don't know what the culture in Korea is but it is sometimes very confusing. When I look at the pictures of some Korean actresses who walk the red carpet, I am shocked with what some of them are wearing, their clothes even more daring by Hollywood standards. I just shake my head and ask myself, I thought this country is conservative? They seem to be a study in contradictions, that's what I think.