Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebby

[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

People who complain about BOF for "violence" and "kissing" scenes and other nonsensical issues like the disparity of the have and have nots don't have anything better to do. I have seen a lot of dramas with more violence so why did they not complain about those. As to the kissing scenes, they're so tame compared to other dramas like Goong and Coffee Prince. Not only that, I have seen other Korean films with a level of violence and sexually explicit scenes that would make Hollywood blush; so why are these people not reacting? And from what I gather, the number of people complaining are just a few and they don't speak for the majority. I don't know what the culture in Korea is but it is sometimes very confusing. When I look at the pictures of some Korean actresses who walk the red carpet, I am shocked with what some of them are wearing, their clothes even more daring by Hollywood standards. I just shake my head and ask myself, I thought this country is conservative? They seem to be a study in contradictions, that's what I think.

Guest polaris

You are right, those prices are crazy. Believe me you can be poor but have a sharp fashion sense and thrifty at the same time.

Question - don't they have thrift or bargain stores in Korea? LOL :rolleyes: , (When I travel, that's one of the first things I look for in shopping, drastically cut prices sales and thrift stores, you will be amazed at the fantastic deals you can get doing this). They showed her mom and her at a sale one time, but the items they got left much to be desired. JD in light of her "financial situation", should have repeated her clothes in one form or the other, I don't see that here. Being the creative person that she is, combos could with the old /familiar outfit can work. The PDs can try that instead, with what has already been done. They can also show a "new side of JD" , fashion sense JD, that part is somewhat retrievable.

Well its water over the bridge, it gone bad already. To be honest, I prefer JD in a regular jeans, funky T-shirt and sneakers, that way she will appeal to everyone more. PDs use this style when she starts college at least.

Yea they do have awesome bargain stores and crazy imitations!!

I think people... even 'fashionistas' shouldnt be too picky about what Jandi is wearing in the drama..I mean 90% of people watching probably have no idea that the ostrich or whatever bird shirt was some expensive richard simmons clothes made by some famous designer.. TO everyone who has a problem.... just use your imagination and just think that perhaps they are really amazing imitations "jjak toongs" of the real thing.. You know Korea is known for awesome imitation of designer brands.. So..perhaps Jandi knows how to find great imitations and likes to bargain shop..... :rolleyes:

People who complain about BOF for "violence" and "kissing" scenes and other nonsensical issues like the disparity of the have and have nots don't have anything better to do. I have seen a lot of dramas with more violence so why did they not complain about those. As to the kissing scenes, they're so tame compared to other dramas like Goong and Coffee Prince. Not only that, I have seen other Korean films with a level of violence and sexually explicit scenes that would make Hollywood blush; so why are these people not reacting? And from what I gather, the number of people complaining are just a few and they don't speak for the majority. I don't know what the culture in Korea is but it is sometimes very confusing. When I look at the pictures of some Korean actresses who walk the red carpet, I am shocked with what some of them are wearing, their clothes even more daring by Hollywood standards. I just shake my head and ask myself, I thought this country is conservative? They seem to be a study in contradictions, that's what I think.

Yes there is a great contradiction especially between the new and old aspects of culture and between new and old generation..

As for your comparison of korean films with korean drama... In Korea... film and drama are like two different worlds that are rated with totally different expectations and standards. Korean films have alot more freedom in explicit materials whether it be in violence, sex, and other adult aspects because they can only be technically viewed by those who purchase tickets or rent the video to watch it. On the hand ...since t.v. dramas are open for viewing for all ages.. preteen, teen, adult and elderly... they seriously take into consideration to not offend or make uncomfortable any viewers watching. (I remember Coffee Prince got alot of flack for the gay innuendos and kissing scenes) Korean dramas standard used to be to make dramas that both children and parents and elderly can watch comfortably.. (even open mouth kissing was not shown in the past) HOwever, now the times are changing and even if it is hard to believe,,.... korean dramas have become much more liberal than before. Also, Korea faces high suicide rates of high schoolers and korea's school system struggles alot with bullying "whang ddah" and violence so perhaps they were concerned about some scenes especially in the beginning of one students almost suicide and also the bullying of Jandi.

I think the big contradictions come from the huge cultural gap of the old generation and the new generation. Korea is a country that has had such a rapid growth that there is bound to be alot of contradiction due to the ways of the old and the ways of the new.

However, I personally dont know what anyone is complaining about..I dont think the kisses, kidnap and fighting scenes were over the top..

Guest seonnie

KBS has made another addition of pictures to their official BOF website!

151003246l.jpg

:angry::angry:

GET. YOUR. ARM. OFF. HIM. NOW!

:phew::phew:

Haha, Oh my, it's going to be a heartbreaking episdoe tomorrow.

^^ and above that picture of JiHoo holding Jandi after that kiss...

:(:(

Jandi... just go to jihoo. Haha, jk jk but still heartbreaking moment here!

P.S Is it three episodes next week, wouldn't it be kind of messed up... near the end?

Somebody explain :) ^^ Merci Merci

Guest ml_87

it's really hurt to see Jp ignore JD. and he's quite tender while beside JK. OMG, why JP cant be cold to JK all the time. how i can bear such a long week until JP-JD's make up. hope that the preview tricks me again^^

A couple more hours and BBF ep 17 will hit the airwaves!!! Right now and maybe during episode 18, I want to punch Junpyo (not LMH)... really bad and knock some sense into the Jaekung character... I want her to leave!... her presence on the show is becoming a total drag! PD!!! Please take her off the show! I need the JunDi moments back! I would be o.k. if there were even more Jiho and Jandi moments too... that would really make Junpyo mad.

Guest ethopia

puahahaha I laughed so hard too when JP and that woman were gibber gabbing haha~ the lady was foreign so she was saying the only korean words she knew..

Chinese woman: "Bahng gahp seum ne dah" "Nice to meet you" "

JP: oh Nice to meet you as well..

CW: "Oppa"

JP: laughs

CW: "Sah Rang heh yo" (I love you)

JP: *surprised* "I love you? who did you learn that from?"

they laugh and CW says "i dont know"

then the chinese woman says something random in Chinese that JP can't understand

JP: "I have no idea what she's saying" (while continuing to act as if they are having a pleasant conversation ^^)

CW: continues to say something in Chinese...

JP: smiles and says " I cant think of anything to say"

NOw that's some good acting ^^

tnx for the translation.. i was laughing my head off .. i knew it i heard that chinese lady said "saranghe".. i was like

did she say "i love u"?.. is this scripted... it was hilarious to find out that she was randomly talking to LMH... the "oppa" thing

was a shock to LMH hahahha.. coz in korea u only say "oppa" if ur together as a couple.. nice one chinese girl! :D

KBS has made another addition of pictures to their official BOF website!

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7893/151003246l.jpg

:angry::angry:

GET. YOUR. ARM. OFF. HIM. NOW!

:phew::phew:

Haha, Oh my, it's going to be a heartbreaking episdoe tomorrow.

^^ and above that picture of JiHoo holding Jandi after that kiss...

:(:(

Jandi... just go to jihoo. Haha, jk jk but still heartbreaking moment here!

P.S Is it three episodes next week, wouldn't it be kind of messed up... near the end?

Somebody explain :) ^^ Merci Merci

I agree with you... that girl better back off! I have to admit... I love that bag. I want her to leave... now!

Guest lovenlight

LMH looking at the mirror..

you can see little junpyo in That mirror. curly hair and all. KHS painted itand mino using it many times.Sorry it is painted by codinator. all F4 has one of each. TT

Guest oc-ca

just finished watching episode 5 on channel 44 in la. the station changed its schedule starting today and instead of giving 1 hr 10 minutes to show bof like last week, it was cut into 30 minute segment including commericals! i liked rewatching on tv but they butchered the show too much. i'll just rewatch on my computer <_<

Guest andie39martinez

The 2nd OST for Boys Over Flowers Will Be Unveiled To The Public On Early March

Credit: Newsen + [English Translation] Hopelesshong@Karaholic.com + Quainte501.com

OST Volume 2 of the popular drama, ‘Boys Over Flowers’, will be released on early march.

Many songs that were released at the OST for ‘Boys Over Flowers’, like “Because I am Stupid’ (SS501), ‘Paradise’ (T-Max), ‘Stand by Me’ (Shinee), and ‘Lucky’ (Ashley), became big hits. The songs were so popular that they were either in the top 10 in various music sites or competing against SNSD’s ‘Gee’ for the number one spot, like SS501’s ‘Because I am Stupid’.

Amidst of this, it has been announced that there will be a ‘Boys Before Flowers OST Vol.2’ coming out on early March. In the second volume, artists like SS501, Kara, etc will take parts in making the OST. The acoustic version of ‘Because I am Stupid’ by Kim Hyun Joong will also be included in the album and it is gaining a lot of attention.

On the other hand, because of Goo Hye Sun’s injuries, ‘Boys Over Flowers’ will be cancelled on the 2nd of March. On this day, a F4 talk show will be aired, instead. Goo Hye Sun is currently getting treated at a hospital because of an accident she had on the 27th of February.

the article was posted yesterday :sweatingbullets:

Thanks andie39martinez for posting that article...I wonder what kind of songs are on there.

Thanks huangsy and siticantik3011 for the pics!! The episodes look so interesting. Umm...maybe a stupid quesion here but, they change YJ's hairstyle by combing it up right? Because in the special, his hair looked like before, unless it is an old one, but I don't think so because JH and WB's hairstyle looks recent.

I finished watching the special and it was really interesting. I think I really loved the NGs even though there wasn't a lot of them, but they were funny. There were a lot of scenes that I love like the motorbike and the horseback riding. I think the one I reamember most is the one where Won Bin was asking YJ and JH whether they remembered the game that they played when they were small. Both of their reaction looked like, "What? What game?" The NGs were so funny that I laughed my head off. :lol:

I really wanted to know what fans would want for a Valentine's Day present from Won Bin. I guess we can all decide what we would want from him. For me, if he came over and said, "Yo, Happy Valentine's Day", I would have just laughed my head off.

Hmm...the other three F4s didn't talk much. The questions keep heading to LMH's way and he seemed so shy to answer them. He was so cute. KHJ was so quiet. I wish he would feel less uncomfortable there. I don't really know if he is or not, I just get that feeling from watching him. Or, he could have just had a nap and didn't quite wake up yet. I loved how KHJ directed LMH to give the rose to the male host. I was wondering how LMH would know to give the rose to the male host and then I saw KHJ pulled his arm to the male host and I was like oh....I see. That was really smart of KB to do that because it is a really hard question to answer without feeling that they have offended the others. They are so talented. I wish I could play an instrument. I tried the piano and the guitar, but I ended up not getting any of them.

I wish I was that lady host....she got everything from F4...awww.....

I didn't mind that they recapped the previous episodes because it's like watching the show again, except it was shortened. At the end, did LMH said including Ep. 17 and Ep. 18...we would still have 8 episodes left or did he say excluding Ep. 17 and Ep. 18 we still have about 8 episodes left? Because if the latter is right, then the show would have a total of 26 episodes? I might have read the subs wrong.

Anyways, that was a great special...I wonder if they could have one for the end. I would love to watch more NGs and watch them talk more about the show. :P

tnx for the translation.. i was laughing my head off .. i knew it i heard that chinese lady said "saranghe".. i was like

did she say "i love u"?.. is this scripted... it was hilarious to find out that she was randomly talking to LMH... the "oppa" thing

was a shock to LMH hahahha.. coz in korea u only say "oppa" if ur together as a couple.. nice one chinese girl! :D

Sorry, but that's not true. "Oppa" merely is a word used by girls to refer to close older guys. Thus, you must call your biological brother an "oppa." But it can also be used to refer to older brother figure or your boyfriend (if he's older than you).

Guest eka_chan

thanks for the pics..

so sad...JP ignore JD again..

and seonnie : agree with you..JK : get your arm off him now!!

Guest ml_87

@ lovenlight: really? it's so sweet. mino uses Hs's gift. he he ^^ maybe, now, i understand some of the reasons why JP doesnt like JK. beside him, she loses her "tomboy", becomes really womanly, pampers her boyfriend. people say that " the easier u get sth, the less u respect it". moreover, JP's taste is strange. he never likes this kind of girl. and i'm glad becauz of it^^

Guest misa_yen

Really ? Did Goo Hye Sun draw it herself. It was so CUTE :rolleyes:

Guest ethopia

Sorry, but that's not true. "Oppa" merely is a word used by girls to refer to close older guys. Thus, you must call your biological brother an "oppa." But it can also be used to refer to older brother figure or your boyfriend (if he's older than you).

hey ur right... now i remember they also call their older bro "oppa".. :):sweatingbullets: tnx for the enlightment ;)

Thanks andie39martinez for posting that article...I wonder what kind of songs are on there.

Thanks huangsy and siticantik3011 for the pics!! The episodes look so interesting. Umm...maybe a stupid quesion here but, they change YJ's hairstyle by combing it up right? Because in the special, his hair looked like before, unless it is an old one, but I don't think so because JH and WB's hairstyle looks recent.

I finished watching the special and it was really interesting. I think I really loved the NGs even though there wasn't a lot of them, but they were funny. There were a lot of scenes that I love like the motorbike and the horseback riding. I think the one I reamember most is the one where Won Bin was asking YJ and JH whether they remembered the game that they played when they were small. Both of their reaction looked like, "What? What game?" The NGs were so funny that I laughed my head off. :lol:

I really wanted to know what fans would want for a Valentine's Day present from Won Bin. I guess we can all decide what we would want from him. For me, if he came over and said, "Yo, Happy Valentine's Day", I would have just laughed my head off.

Hmm...the other three F4s didn't talk much. The questions keep heading to LMH's way and he seemed so shy to answer them. He was so cute. KHJ was so quiet. I wish he would feel less uncomfortable there. I don't really know if he is or not, I just get that feeling from watching him. Or, he could have just had a nap and didn't quite wake up yet. I loved how KHJ directed LMH to give the rose to the male host. I was wondering how LMH would know to give the rose to the male host and then I saw KHJ pulled his arm to the male host and I was like oh....I see. That was really smart of KB to do that because it is a really hard question to answer without feeling that they have offended the others. They are so talented. I wish I could play an instrument. I tried the piano and the guitar, but I ended up not getting any of them.

I wish I was that lady host....she got everything from F4...awww.....

I didn't mind that they recapped the previous episodes because it's like watching the show again, except it was shortened. At the end, did LMH said including Ep. 17 and Ep. 18...we would still have 8 episodes left or did he say excluding Ep. 17 and Ep. 18 we still have about 8 episodes left? Because if the latter is right, then the show would have a total of 26 episodes? I might have read the subs wrong.

Anyways, that was a great special...I wonder if they could have one for the end. I would love to watch more NGs and watch them talk more about the show. :P

i dont care if its 26 epi.. its soooo fine with me.. i wish it was like golden bride.. 50 episodes hehehe.. i want to see more

JP and JD .... o yea.. if my memory serves me right.. goong has 26 epi too!! .. :)

Guest dreampryncezz

^ did he really kiss her??? Does seem like it! (my hopeful thinking...)

Those who can watch realtime using MMS link, TVants, KBS Able link, etc, cud help by staying away fr YT.

I think that a/c may be affected too cos she advertised that link with her old ID. Poor Haruekorea, i think she must be quite shaken by this incident.

Hi huangsy, any mms link to share cos TVants is impossible to watch realtime. Thanks

OST Volume 2 of the popular drama, ‘Boys Over Flowers’, will be released on early march.

The acoustic version of ‘Because I am Stupid’ by Kim Hyun Joong will also be included in the album and it is gaining a lot of attention.

the article was posted yesterday :sweatingbullets:

Glad to hear this news as I am wondering and waiting if he is ever going to sing this song. In fact, it'll be double bonus if he sings "Do You Know" too. ^_^:w00t: