[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Thank you dunlop09 for the news translations!! I'm very grateful that she is out of the hospital and is feeling better and working hard, yet i hope she can endure it. I know the healing process shouldn't be this fast, but Goo Hye Sun, like Geum Jan Di, is a strong girl! *fighting* I'm sure the cast and crew are happy to see her on the set again. =)

I've suddenly forgot about ep17~~ i need to come back. The F4 talk show special was too hilarious.xD

I hope we get more news of the second volume of the OST. :P

EDIT.

I, too, do not find Jae Kyung... that dislikable. I like her character and i believe i've stated that she's the real innocent one here. It's not a crime to start liking someone, you can't help it if she does. I think her carefree self and exposure to the world is enough to explain her character and the way she acts. Joon Pyo may be rich and will become the successor of Shinhwa Group, but he didn't have the kind of freedom Jae Kyung had. In this way, the way they carry themselves may be different where he has more manners and she has less..xD

And oh wow... PG? That is so not BOF anymore..~ i mean, compared to the original manga, BOF has kept the violence and sexual aspect to a minimum.. :unsure: I hope nothing major changes,,,, the drama's about to end so i wouldn't want any more inconsistency.~ In honesty, i want a meaningful kiss from JOON DI when making up. :ph34r:

Guest eternitygoddess

Excuse meeeee?

Tone down? :blink:

Tone what down? :blink:

Any more toned down as this show will be as staid as Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

How the heck is this show "too mature"???

The age bracket for this show isn't 5-12 years of age.

This is already "toned down" for the target audience. Heck, even the first kiss was merely a peck!

Excuse meeeee?

This is already "toned down" for the target audience. Heck, even the first kiss was merely a peck!

My reaction exactly. Your comment is just too funny. Also, this show airs close to 10:00 p.m. Parents should be in charge of making sure the really young kids are asleep in bed by this time. As for the high schoolers, from what I hear about what Korean high schoolers are doing, this drama is probably too PG for them as it is. Perhaps the complainers are shocked that they implied that JD and JP had to strip and share their body heat to stay warm. Never mind the fact that they weren't really all that close. Besides, the characters are high schoolers and for the most part, they have typical high school reactions (case in point: both JD and JP screaming when JD walks in on JP after his shower). Really, it's not like he was naked. He was wearing pants. I think he was wearing less in New Caledonia when he stripped down to his swimming trunks.

Guest funkindagirl

Excuse meeeee?

LOL your comment made me laugh.

But the TW and japanese version was aired in Korea and was quite popular but the story was the same, yet there wasnt such a huge fuss created then was there?

Or maybe because there's just a much younger audience watching the korean version.

But I was watching way worse stuff when I was about 10 and I turned out pretty fine. HAHA

Although if people are finding the time to complain then why dont they just supervise what their kids can watch?! It'll save them a whole lot of bother.

I thought BOF was relatively TAME.

I dont care about the violence but they better not tone down the love aspect of this drama. Before we know it, only kissing on the cheeks will be allowed!

Guest etoile

Can someone explain how the ratings work? In Happy Together JH said he guessed the rating to be 21% for the 1st epi but the rest of the crew got it right because they guessed it would be closer to 14% and that 21% is hard to achieve.

I'm looking at the ratings at http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Boys_Before_Flow...Episode_Ratings

How is it BOF got to No 1 on 01/26 with 19.5% and climbs all the way to 33.2% and is still No 2? I know EOE is not no. 1. Which drama is? And why is BOF's ranking always compared to EOE and not the drama on the no.1 spot

Any clarification about this ranking system would help :)

the number 1 drama is a drama called wifes temptation. it plays at 7 (or eight) while bof plays at 11 . so the time slots are different. also WT's is a drama played everyday for 3o minutes an episode. BOF plyas twice a week an hour each day.

Guest asianempress

I actually don't feel too bad for JK at all. I don't exactly hate her, but she is very annoying. It's interesting how during JP's birthday party, Mama Kang tells JD that the next wife should be at least of JK's standard/level. However, so far, the show hasn't shown anything admirable or enviable about JK other than her rich parents. Usually, in Korean dramas the rival is always someone who is "perfect" (perfect family background, perfect manners, perfect appearance, and perfect education). I don't know if this is how JK's character is written in the original manga, but in this drama, she's almost none of these things. Sure, she has rich parents, but she has no education that we know of, no friends, no manners, no class, and her voice really is annoying. It's not just her voice either, it's her whole manner of speaking. She's missing that refined level of speech that the main female rival normally possesses.

In the original manga she is not perfect or refined but annoyingly friendly and overwhelming to JD. JK basically ambushes JD into being her friend. In the manga, JD says that she only knew of 2 kinds of rich girls. The spoiled brats at the school and the perfect ones like JH's girl and JP's sister. But now that she met JK, she knows of a 3rd kind of rich girl. And in both the Japanese and Taiwanese TV versions of Hana Yori Dango, the JK character is really annoying, at least when they introduce the character. In fact, I think the Korean JK is the least annoying interpretation if you can imagine that, LOL.

Basically, if it follows the manga she is not suppose to be perfect at all but it certainly makes it a departure from typical Korean drama stereotypes.

Hope that explains it for you. I don't feel bad for JK either. Its obvious to anyone with any sense that JP has unresolved issues with another girl. :P

Guest XiahxTiffany

u cant get this show any more toned down thats so true

theres no bad content and wat does the show air like 9:30 or something?

u kids should all be asleep by then if this drama is really mature

gosh cant believe someone would try to ruin this drama -_-

Guest renjitehsmex

Geum Jandi isn't exactly THAT poor

There, the Korean strikes again, after that Yoona necklace! They've got really sharp eyes or what... but I'd have to agree with the Koreans on that Marc Jacobs bag; his bags are really expensive. The hoodies and the other clothings she wears are pretty much okay... at the most it's a hundred bucks plus plus; the people on TB are selling it at a ripoff price... especially that hamburger dress where she wore on the beach with Junpyo and it's only less than USD50 at Zipia.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Goo Hye Sun returns to filming straight after discharge

YAY! But I hope she conceals that injured part of her lips... it'd be a little distracting if her lips are swollen that usual...

Guest lilnahnah

Just watched the special...

the boys are just too cute lol ALL of them... (can I just have all and not pick one? ><;;)

Hyunjoong's comments crack me up lol and the reaction of the rest of F4 to what Hyunjoong says are adorable lol

Guest Banana Peel

I just finished watching the BOF special :)

I actually enjoyed it, although I was hoping for more NG scenes.

I was kind of disappointed that they used up half of the show summarizing the episodes,

it's kind of pointless because if you're watching that show , you're most likely to know what BOF is about. Right?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt bad for Woobin (Kim Joon) throughout the show.

Even though he didn't have much lines in the drama, they should've done something special with him too! T_T

Especially when they were doing the whole 'hugging GJP' 'scarf with YJ' and 'shoes with JH' , they had no part for Woobin! I was like aww. why not? they could've had something little for him. ;) I hope he gets to be more noticed later on.

I think it would be even more interesting if the whole cast was there, like Ga Eul & Jan Di ! :)

Well, thanks for the link to watch the show, I enjoyed it.

Guest squeaky

ugh I hope Korea doesn't pull another stunt like they did with DBSK's Mirotic...then they'd mess everything up -_- and it wouldn't be fun anymore.

Guest huangsy

Especially when they were doing the whole 'hugging GJP' 'scarf with YJ' and 'shoes with JH' , they had no part for Woobin! I was like aww. why not? they could've had something little for him. ;) I hope he gets to be more noticed later on.

I noticed that too and wrote in my spoiler. If the PD had known us better, he cud have Kim Jun re-enact the 5 second or 5-step playboy-go-for-the-kill moves. There were comments that Kim Jun did that even better than Kim Bum.

I've updated these in Photos List H.

Screencaps of BOF Special 2 Mar 2009

20090303093917840b6_094510_0.jpg

2009030309130154533_091815_0.jpg

20090302232416628f3_233911_0.jpg

20090303090148554e7_091411_0.jpg

2009030308590185.jpg

20090303102213265e7_103518_0.jpg

20090303073910998e7_074911_0.jpg

BTW, today is the day of the outcome of the case taken against BOF regarding the so called inappropriate actions of high school students depicted in the drama.

KBS released screencaps ahead of ep 17

1236040598.jpg

1236040634.jpg

^ Thank you huangsy! ^_^

I just finished watching the BOF special :)

I actually enjoyed it, although I was hoping for more NG scenes.

I was kind of disappointed that they used up half of the show summarizing the episodes,

it's kind of pointless because if you're watching that show , you're most likely to know what BOF is about. Right?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt bad for Woobin (Kim Joon) throughout the show.

Even though he didn't have much lines in the drama, they should've done something special with him too! T_T

I think it would be even more interesting if the whole cast was there, like Ga Eul & Jan Di ! :)

Well, thanks for the link to watch the show, I enjoyed it.

^ Obviously, i haven't thought about it~ and once i did, it is pretty disappointing. I just noticed that the second time i watched it after streaming it live, i was skipping through the summary/recaps of the drama~ :sweatingbullets: .. :unsure: Anyhow, it would've been nice to at least put the summary in one part if they were to include a recap. That way, we could've gotten more BTSs and NGs because they were enjoyably entertaining! =) However~~ i was super envious along the way though. :lol:

And with Kim Joon~ i had also thought that too-- but i remembered that he showed the lady host (totally forgot her name) his dance moves. :P -ridiculously cute! :P And he actually talked a lot more than Kim Bum it seemed..

Guest tofumui

Boys Over Flowers F4 talks about their first impressions of one another

Kim Joon, 'I was introduced to Lee Min Ho during my audition, it was an unofficial one. Because back then we don't know each other, I thought, 'what's wrong with this friend, his hair's curly'. He was tall and has a fierce glare, it was afterwards when I realised he was the 'Goo Joon Pyo' of F4.'

lol i can't believe HyunJoong said that about MinHo.. what's wrong with this friend, his hair's curly.. LOL

Geum Jandi isn't exactly THAT poor

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l285/fun...seoulbeats1.jpg

Exhibit A: Marc Jacobs Miss Marc Bag

In episode 15 of 'Boys Over Flowers', Jandi was seen sporting this cute Marc Jacobs Flat Hobo bag while touring Macau. Thank god she only lost her wallet in that trip and not this bag which retails at 178 USD.

Exhibit B: Eley Kishimoto Ostrich Cardigan

In that same episode, Jandi wore this adorable cardigan en route her flight back to Korea. I am huge fan of Eley Kishimoto and I totally flipped when I saw her wearing this. The cardigan was chosen by Vogue as one of its must-have for Fall 08. It is only available in the U.K and costs 200 GBP (yes, pounds).

Exhibit C: Colonize Hoodies

And let's not forget the numerous Colonize hoodies that she wears around as her house clothes. Sure it looks casual but Colonize, one of the leading streetwear apparel in Korea, is a tad bit pricey; each hoodie costs anywhere from 106-120 USD. And as of last count, she's got three of those.

Photos: MSN Korea, Vogue, GlamourGiftGuide, Colonize

Credit: seoulbeats

eeek i love those hoodies that JanDi wears but they're a little over my budget.. and i can't believe the cardigan is £200.. it's almost ridiculous.. but for those that follow the trend, i guess it's a big deal

Goo Hye Sun returns to filming straight after discharge

written by: 김형우

translated by: dunlop09

thanks dunlop09 for the translation.. HyeSun really is a professional.. going straight from the hospital to filming.. not even going home to shower first which i would definitely do.. i can't wait to see her back in action.. hope she'll still get plenty of rest.. i'm sure everyone will appreciate all the work she's put in to this film and trying to get back on set right away so it won't delay production..

Guest XiahxTiffany

i would buy that Colonize hoodie but rite now just tooo broke :(

wat outcome of the case againast BOF being innappropriate?

Oh This Drama is going so GREAT!!!

I Really THANK to WITHS2 For alll the subs!!!

By The Way, Is WITHS2 going to sub the F4 Special Talk Show?

I really want to see it with subs!!!

It'll be REALLY GREAT to hear that they are subbing it!!!! ^_^