The O F F I C I A L "what To Wear With This" Thread

Guest classic x

Guest bigfatPANDA

What should I wear with this?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.forever21.com/images/large/50005312-01.jpg[/im

a simple tank top would look fine with that. pair with some cute skinnies and heels or flats.

for accessories, simple pendant necklaces or the doubled stranded pearly necklaces that are in.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest azncrow7

What can I wear with this?

DSC00162.jpg

Details: Neckline, General shirt detailing, Ending

It's fairly low-cut and sheer, so I can't wear it by itself. I feel like short sleeves look a little funny with it since the "sleeves" of the top are almost like a tank except with a teeny bit of sleeve. Lastly, it's form-fitting but fairly short and the fluttery ends don't help. :/

Guest Soochi

I bought this skirt about 2 years ago in China but only worn it a few times. I was hoping I could wear it this summer.

Any ideas on what I could match it with? Pictures would be nice =D

2f086za.jpg

^black or white short sleves shirt. it's nice btw ^^

oh... and I have 3 black suspenders! that I've never worn before >_< lol

what should I wear with it?

51635-thumb2.jpg

(PS: this is one awesome thread and should be pinned!)

Guest simplicity_x3

Soochi, I think it would look nice if it's pair with a white short sleeve ruffled blouse as a high-wasted skirt.(:

Guest sansan珊珊

so i got this denim skirt from the selilng & trading section of soompi ^_^

i feel so dumb, but i really don't know what to wear with it! aren't denim skirts suppose to match with everything?!

it looks like this:

hcoskirt1.jpg

credits to ilyrawr. (:

i want to look nice. if i wear a tank top with it, i look so plain and unattractive, imo :T and tshirts just don't look good with it. i'm so confused :(

help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

xstarBURST: i think wedges would look good. definitely some kind of sandals. flip flops will definitely make it look more casual though.

mm i'm thinking white graphic tee + black leggings? :) and accessories of course~

i dunno, that's just me though.

Guest dohee

khmer_chick2010

how about... wear a plain white tee, tucked in (as seen on the model) with white or black flats

if you want more "spunk" id go with colored converses - i think yellow would look "good" with magenta

if it were me though, id wear a white button up, short sleeeve polo and black gladiator-esque sandals

Soochi

I think as simplicity suggested, a white blouse tucked in with the skirt sitting at your waist.. maybe you wanna pair a patent black belt at the waist with the skirt; maybe a colored belt? (turquoise? or yellow?)

Since the skirt is kind of long? i think heels or wedges would look nice with the outfit

Guest skye.

khmer_chick2010 & Soochi;

You guys can both simply wear a plain white tee, a white blouse, a white tanktop & pull off a simple & great look. (=

Guest kurayzeexivy

hello people. ^^

i got this skirt from charlotte russe about 1 year ago and i'm not really sure what to wear with it.

IMGP1329.jpg

i tried wearing it as a dress since its so long

IMGP1351.jpg

stockings? yes or no?

IMGP1349.jpg

as a skirt. is it too long? any suggestions for kinds of tops?

IMGP1350.jpg

please && thank you ^^

Guest animeniac206

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/azn...nm/DSC00162.jpg

It's fairly low-cut and sheer, so I can't wear it by itself. I feel like short sleeves look a little funny with it since the "sleeves" of the top are almost like a tank except with a teeny bit of sleeve. Lastly, it's form-fitting but fairly short and the fluttery ends don't help. :/

That's a cute top. I saw something similar, so maybe you can wear it like this.

st-997927-1.jpg

Edit: kurayzeexivy, next time can you turn your picture before you post?

how about wear it like this. just pull it up a bit and tuck your shirt in with a cardigan on the outside.

zipia5-8.jpg

<3 zipia for inspiration

Guest seafoam_green

omg so in need of help too.

I bought this skirt at forever21.com and then i realized..that i have no shirt to go with it.

47776192-08.jpg

I keep thinking that..maybe a white? or an ivory colored shirt with ..slight ruffles?

I tried looking at forever21 and charlotte russe..but then the shirts either didn't fit or something else ..dah!

Thanks for the help or else..this skirt shall sit in the deep corners of my drawers

I've got a similar skirt like that, only that it's lavender (something like this: http://bp0.blogger.com/_KJWsOvjCflw/RhRSNT...s200/skirt.jpg). I really would like to wear them to the office, but I have no idea how to wear it, except for other lavender tops. anyone willing to share their insights?

Also, other suggestions on what to wear with gray bermuda shorts? Something like this ( gray+bermuda+shorts.jpg) but the pattern is sort of plaid.

oo yayy i love this thread

okk so i got this shirt that i wanted

and it doesnt seem to go with anything

especially with jeans it just looks, blah

ideas?

52488691-02.jpg

52488691-02.jpg

hm, perhaps black classic shorts ( black-shorts.jpg) and ballet flats?

Guest kurayzeexivy

hanako: thanks for the suggestion! i think it looks pretty good as a dress too. ^^ hmm what kind of belt would go nicely with it..?

animeniac206: oops sry. i was kinda in a rush when i posted this. i'll do that next time. :sweatingbullets:

thats a really good idea! i never really thought of pulling it up. :D

^ if you are to wear a belt with it, try a skinny belt. :) it will accentuate your waist, but still keep the 'flow' of the skirt. try the belt over an unbuttoned cardigan maybe! sorry i don't have any pictures to illustrate this (i fail at polyvore-ing)

Guest sock

what could i wear with a long hippie skirt? its bright blue with crazy designs on it. thanks to anyone who can help out cuz i have no idea.

what could i wear with a long hippie skirt? its bright blue with crazy designs on it. thanks to anyone who can help out cuz i have no idea.

i think you could really just wear a plain white tee or any color tee that you think matches the skirt. but of course, not one of those baggy tees. but like a not too tight not too baggy one, if that makes sense. or just a simple tank top :] and then add some clunky jewelery to the outfit?

Guest niihn

Hello,

Two weeks from now, I have a semi-formal banquet to attend.

I'm thinking of wearing these shoes, but I'm not sure what to cover the rest of myself with. I'm thinking maybe a dress.

Anyways, I wonder if anyone have any suggestions. Thanks ^^

These are the shoes:

056966_1_300x300.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/azn...nm/DSC00162.jpg

how about wearing a laced tank top under. I think that would look pretty good with a pencil skirt.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest classic x

Hello,

Two weeks from now, I have a semi-formal banquet to attend.

I'm thinking of wearing these shoes, but I'm not sure what to cover the rest of myself with. I'm thinking maybe a dress.

Anyways, I wonder if anyone have any suggestions. Thanks ^^

These are the shoes:

056966_1_300x300.jpg

how about wearing a laced tank top under. I think that would look pretty good with a pencil skirt.

hmm how about like a white bubble dress

with a black ribbon or something?

Archived