[jp Summer Drama 2008] Code Blue

Guest Shiget^

Guest sungified

I'm up to episode 2 and I must say I totally love this drama. It's exciting and having Yamapi in it appeals to me more. I think the drama is quite good, it's better than some of the other medical dramas I have seen before. I'm hoping there's space for love between the characters but from what I'm seeing it seem unlikely. >_< But *crosses fingers* I'm stilling wishing. Can't wait for the next episode to be subbed.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Raw Sugar

Just watched the second episode. Okay, fine, it wasn't as good as the first episode, but still pretty intense. I like everyone character in this drama. Gaki's character can get a bit annoying, but still likeable at times. All the characters are typical characters you'd find in a j-drama, but the storyline is pretty interesting.

Unlike sungified, who posted above me, I don't mind there not being a love connection. Because if any love connection was made, it'd be between Yamapi and someone, and I don't want no one touching my man, lol, jk. I don't want a love connection because I don't want that to steal away the attention from the plotline of the others. I noticed that in each episode, each of the doctors deal with a different issue and it highlights the qualities and weaknesses of each of them. I rather watch a character develop then love development. This drama is interesting enough without the love connection. Plus, j-dramas never tells whether the "couple" is ever together in the end. It just leaves you hanging. x]

Guest renzu_oni

i just watchd ep 3 with no subs.. i cudn't get a thing but still watching it was fun

altho im gettng irritated coz everytym yui talks, its so soft... i had to lean on my speakers.

oh well, i still like her. =)

Guest ~neh~long~

^ he's so blissfully unaware of how much of a jerk he is, makes me want to reach through the screen and smack him. his overconfidence is like.. BAM.

i don't know if it's yamapi's acting (sry pi =_=;;) or if it's just the character... he's just so passive ( i have a feeling it's the lack of script he has), and i don't know if those shots of yamap's character clenching his fist are supposed to show his emotions or maybe how sorry he is about his misdiagnosis , but really... not sure what to think yet about him.

and are they going to make it so that gakki's character and pi's character have some sort of connection?

and from the preview of ep 4, i got a feeling that maybe that rude nurse might have a thing for pi.... i really don't know =_=

i hope they don't try to mix in romance into this O_O as much as i would love to see pi and gakki get it on.... i don't know if this medical drama is fit for all of that. but i would LOVE to see the development of the four interns's friendship/rivalry. can't wait to see the glasses dude go up in the heli! soon, hopefully! he is just so funny :] (totally agree with everything Raw Sugar said up there^)

Ep 3 subbed

I just started watching cause I love Yampai and Erika Toda. :D I sooo wish they would end up together, but we all know the likes that would happen. >_>

Erika is my favorite Japanese actress and I love her role here. Different than her usualy roles. :)

I agree...It's totally fine that this show wouldn't have a romantic angle...but if there would be, I'd prefer Yamapi with Erika Toda (she's one of my favorites too :D )

I don't really like Yui...probably because I have never seen her in another drama before and her character in this one is very meek and a goody goody...

Guest ripgal

I don't really think there'd be any romance in this drama..

I watched up till Ep 3, and I thought it kinda went downhill..compared to the pilot episode. There were some good scenes, which kept me edging on my seat.. such as the scene where Yamapi decided to take on the operation of the guy.. but then, it died down right after the other guy came in.. Overall, it was just an alright episode. Yes, Yamapi's hot and all, and he's really cool..but he's just quite difficult to grasp at the moment. The other characters are just a bit to uninteresting to talk about.. It's like they wanna create a difficult or interesting case or incident for the other trainees to tackle, but yet the scenes just did not give the OOMPH feeling, and really came out a bit bland.

I guess I just keep comparing it too Iryu 1 and 2, which was really sooo impressive..

Hopelly CB will improve in coming episodes..

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Hmm... I just finished Ep.03. I see some slight changes (for the better) in Dr. Aizawa. It was another eventful episode. This drama is so packed with action that we get very little character development (and there's so many!).

Does anyone have the main themesong for this drama by Mr. Children? The full version that is, or is it not released yet?

So I finished watching ep.4 yesterday, no matter how much I convinced myself I was just gonna end up skimming through it -__-;;

I think the best part was the ending,

when Asari Yosuke just started crying T^T after reading that letter. You always see him as a happy person and to see him cry broke me down too.

And the only reason why I'm watching is because of Yamapi and Erika (Yui annoys me here :sweatingbullets: ) I really really miss Yamapi's crazy character in NOBUTA -__-;;

So I was at the bookstore the other day, and a book just happen to catch my eyes:

"Code Blue (In the Emergency Room)" by Lisa Rojany. The book is about four teens that volunteer at a hospital (two guys and two girls) and go through different situations lol

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

^ Whoa! How similar! Except, in the drama they're interns and not volunteers.

I have a question, are they really interns (meaning, no medical license yet), or are they doctors already? If they are doctors, and have experience from previous hospitals, why are they so slow at reacting to patients and seem so inexperienced (except Aizawa) ?

Yamapi is really hot in here... I didn't even recognise him when I started watching...

cos he's so different from Nobuta.... the image plus character.

He looks really hot in this drama!! looks so mature too.

It's interesting drama.. ep 4 was good. You can see Aizawa starts to change and be more human and consider of others. Which I think he really lacks of.. He's a great doctor, but interaction with other ppl and with patients are really bad.

lilsh0rtnancy - > I thought they're doctors already, maybe with only 1-2 years experience.... they were saying, which hospital u came from and why u want to come here instead of being a normal doctor in other hospital.

So I thought they're qualified. I mean without licence, u can't perform surgery, which Aizawa did perform in one of the eps.

They freak out when they're under pressure and have to act quickly and correctly to severe patients..

Archived