[jp Summer Drama 2008] Code Blue

Guest Shiget^

Guest Raw Sugar

Can't believe Code Blue aired already. The ratings were 21.2%, which is good. o_o But it's only the first episode, might go down after and then up again. x] Despite the fact that I hate his hair in this drama, Yamapi looks so darn good looking! <3 I'm looking forward to Love Song subbing this so I won't be watching it until the subs come out. ;P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Hopefully there would be some spark between Yamapi and Yui.

Although I think your right about the drama not having any romance.

edit: i found the correlation chart at drama wiki. :)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii91/mi...fs/codeblue.jpg

any idea what the arrows pointing yamapi and gakky means (: ? sorry im totally biased with this pair.

and the arrows pointing to erika toda to yamapi and gakky means? oh thank you google translator !

it says: Troublesome.

well, i did have a look at the cf, and she kinda looked laidback and i can understand. LOL. so a bit of tension between

erika to yamapi and gakky? (: oh the drama. LOL.

now i have no idea what the arrow pointing towards yamapi to gakky means still :( any japanese translators? :)

I asked my lil sister (she took two years of japanese) and she translated for me. The arrow that gakky is pointing toward Yamapi is dislike while the arrows from Erika pointing to Yamapi and also pointing to Gakky means troublesome, annoying and some what cause trouble. From what I seem so far in the drama, Yamapi character seems to portray a bit arrogant and does thing before thinking

Guest miki_chan

^ Ah, so no romance at all. Thanks for clearing it up. WOW. ratings in the 20s !

Thats like so woah O_O"

The raw is out already on crunchyroll, maybe veoh as well. I haven't watched it yet.

But I want to see it in subs.

Guest umbanana

i just finished watching ep1

i really enjoyed it even though i understood next to nothing

im looking forward to subs XD

hm, i hope the ratings stay up in the 20s, i watched the first ep, and i was pretty drawn in, even though i usually don't watch medical dramas. it was pretty good. but then again, they pulled in the fangirls with the

shirtless yamapi scene. HOMG his ABS T___T i nearly hugged the screen

. dang, they know how to keep us glued to the screen... i think it'll be interesting to see the relationship between the 4 flight interns develop, and maybe see gakki's character overcome her fear of... i'm not sure, i couldn't understand all of it =_= of blood? but omg,

the scene when yamapi arrives at the scene of the man with his arm stuck between those huge pipes... @__@ i looked away from all that icky blood, gross, it was so realistic. so they cut off the arm?

=__=

but anyways, i'm definitely continuing to watch this series. it's pretty good so far. yamapi's character is so mysteriously cool :]

OH OH, one of my favorite parts was when

saejima(?) and the girl were speaking right before she was going into surgery, they have that touching moment and shake hands. the poor girl T_T

^ i totally agree with the stuff you've said -

i got teary near the end when erika was teary and when the diabetic girl was getting her arm amputated.

i must say they did a good job wtiih making the scenes realistic...

with all that blood! LOL i think they should warn fangirls about the topless yamapi (*serious nosebleed and droolage*) as much as they should warn about bloody scenes XD good thing i don't mind stuff like that

:P

i think everyone should just watch it without subs for now XD it's worth it! well the first 10mins is defo worth it

Guest tokio

in a way its good they are not making romance out of this, the show clearly has one objective and that is the fact it is a medical drama and not a romance drama. I think its great Pi chose this because it is obvious he wanted to do something different and this role serves its purpose. hope this drama becomes better and better. if anyone knows who will be subbing this and where i can watch it be great? thanks

Guest sp4078

Just watched w subs.

I have to say, the smoking hot Yamapi's overly confidence

(and his abs, holy moly)

somehow gets on my nerve. The music is kinda dated and sometimes too loud to hear the dialogue. I am not really a fan of medical drama, but I'll continue to watch this series. Personally I find the guy with glasses is attractive, lol, is this just me or he looks mixed ? Yamapi is sure hot but I'm too familiar with his face.

The bloody part was kinda gross but I am still okay with it.

Guest lisaaa

after reading that there's bloody parts, i dunno if i'll be strong to watch it, lol. i really want to, though. maybe i will tonight if i'm brave enough. :P

Guest yourtheonlyway

where did you go to get the subs? ^^^ wow, that was really fast, since it just aired couple of days ago. (right?!)

Guest roxy6

Code Blue Ep 1 was soooo GOOD! *thumbs-up*

Wad i like abt such medical dramas is the - pace. u will get so drawn into the show and get all nervous for the leads all of a sudden :P

yamapi....still as hot as usual. but i think code blue is kinda serious drama. i do miss yamapi's style of humor!

and am i the only one who hearts the music chosen for the show?? can't wait for the OST!

Guest dionne_wu

EPISODE 1 SYNOPSIS

An emergency helicopter looms with news of a 32 year old victim who needs medical attention. Meanwhile, back at the Shoyo University Hokubu Hospital, four young individuals prepare for their first day as flight doctors-in-training. We see a glimpse of their personalities - The first whips his shirt off coolly, deep in focus. The second, a female, inhales deeply, attempting to psych herself. The third, another female, but a more confident one this time flips her hair, ties it up and doesn't even forget to dap on lip gloss. A bumbling, bespectacled fourth starts what could be a possibly bad day when his locker refuses to coorperate, emphasizing his nervousness. They are Aizawa Kousaku, Shiraishi Megumi, Hiyama Mihoko, and Fuikawa Kazuo.

When making their way around the hospital with a flight doctor, they receive news that 'Doctor-Heli' is about to arrive. With adrenaline pulsing through their youthful bodies, they rush in anticipation to the helicopter pad for their first patient. Kazuo and Mihoko, eager to prove themselves, quickly offer to help in the emergency rescue. This leaves the other two, Kousaku and Megumi, standing at a side like potted plants. Megumi flusters at the rush of activity before her while Kousako merely looks on with not a least bit of concern on his face. Isn't he worried that his peers might outdo him? Apparently not as we find out later on. As time ticks, Kazuo's earlier bravado fades as he experiences difficulty with the patient. He shys away in embarassment after being dismissed by flight doctor Kuroda Shuji. Just as Dr. Kuroda prepares to take over, Kousaku steps in. His somewhat forthright and bold attitude stuns the doctors and nurses present momentarily. However, they seem to look past the supposed arrogance when they realise that Kousaku is pretty brilliant. Irony is bittersweet when Kazuo and Mihoko end up fading in the light of the other two after Mihoko makes a mistake and Megumi shows her capability by correctly diagnosing the patient's condition. Kousaku and Megumi stand a chance at the helicopter while the other two have to be content (grudgingly) with helping in other ways. Why? Dr. Morimoto explains that there is no room for mistakes in the emergency helicopter service. Only those who can stand calm amidst panic and are able to use their skills with precision deserve to work at the helicopter. It is a competition; for those who do not measure up will lose.

During a surgery observation, Kazuo's spirits go up again when a difficult young patient (Kuriyama) wants only him to do the CT scan for her. He is of use! With a glee as wide as his face, he bounces off feeling jubilant of a one-up over Kousaku who is nonchalent. Things are not what they seem as he realises she only picked him because she'd be embarassed to let a handsome doctor (Kousaku) see her chest. Mihoko, on the other hand, is not enjoying her desk duties as she doodles instead of doing her job properly. The emergency unit chief drops in for a visit and reminds Dr. Kuroda about the purpose of the training new doctors since Kuroda does not seem to be very fond of them in general. Kuroda enquires about being picked as doctor-in-charge once again. He does not know whether to laugh or to cry when the chief tells him it's because of his dislike for young people.

Megumi and Kousaku engage in small talk outside a scanning room. Kousaku tries to lighten the tense atmosphere by marveling at the enthusiasm of his fellow doctors-in-training. Megumi's uneasiness is exposed when she hints at his brilliance posing as a threat to not only her but the rest. Kousaku tells her to relax and give her tense facial muscles a break. Megumi talks about her reason for training as a flight doctor and asks about Kousaku. Kousaku is about to answer when they are interrupted by brain surgeon Dr. Saejo Susumu. Through CT scans, they find a nail embedded in a patient's skull.

At lunch, Kazuo attacks his food with a vengeance, still (laughingly) sore at being second fiddle. When he sees Kousaku strolling in with his lunch tray, he jumps up excitedly and invites him to join in. Kousaku ignores Kazuo and instead, sits down at another table. Kazuo follows. Not long after, Megumi joins them, then Mihoko. The four colleagues share information about their patients and Kazuo happily suggests having meals together, much to the chagrin of the rest, who sort of see each other as rivals. Kuroda informs them of what is to come after lunch - one of them would be allowed up 'Doctor-Heli' and go with him to the medical scene. "Who wants to go up the helicopter?" Three hands are raised all but Kousaku's. Slowly, they come down one by one when Megumi, Mihoko, and Kazuo realise Dr. Kuroda's question is more or less directed at Kousaku who continues chomping on his sandwich like he couldn't care less.

Finally, a call comes in requesting for the services of 'Doctor-Heli'. There has been a motorbike accident with a young male rider unconscious. The people spring into immediate action, with the pilot even leaving his just-bought bento untouched. Megumi turns out to be the chosen one. She rushes off to the helicopter upon receiving the notice on her walkie-talkie. Kuroda instructs Megumi to take charge; he is meant to assist her only. The minutes are agonizing as Megumi tries to understand the situation but the personnel at the scene are unable to give her specific details about the victim's condition. 'Doctor-Heli' arrives near a school and the school children are wildy excited by the sight of a flying helicopter landing right before their very eyes. The victim is bleeding badly from the head and there is a great deal of blood loss. Megumi prepares to save him but she suddenly freezes at the sight of blood pooling everywhere. Precious seconds are lost; the victim's blood pressure drops drastically with Megumi's hesitation. In the meantime, Kazuo spends time with Kuriyama and tells her about the 'Doctor-Heli'. She teases him but the mood turns solemn when she confides in him about having no future. Kazuo tries his best to console her. He speeds down the pad and joins Kousaku and Mihoko upon receiving the page of 'Doctor-Heli's arrival. Even when they touch down, Megumi appears to be still in a daze. Sharp Kousaku notices her abnormality. In the emergency room, the usually steady her even fumbles with a shaky hand. The ever calm and cool cucumber, Kousaku, jumps in with his assistance. After the patient is wheeled out, Megumi is left standing alone. As she hands the walkie-talkie over to Dr. Kuroda, she struggles to come to terms with what happened. Kazuo is saddened when he learns of Kuriyama's need for part of her arm to be amputated. Her dream was to be a pet groomer.

Bumping into Kousaku at the hospital walkways, Kuroda asks about him not putting his hand up earlier on. Isn't he interested in going up 'Doctor-Heli' at all? Kousaku replies that it is not that; a doctor needs to get all the experience he can get, any one trip up the helicopter is beneficial. But, he does not wish to be chosen because of sympathy. He wants to be chosen because of his capability. Kuroda reveals that Megumi failed in her mission. Kuroda throws the walkie-talkie over to Kousaku. He is what separates the good from the average.

Turns out Kousaku is the flight doctor for the next day. Megumi, having not gotten over the incident the day before sits near the pad in solitude. One of the pilots sees her and voices his concern. Brightening slightly that someone cares, she gathers her feelings and gets back to work. She is not the only one having a hard time. Mihoko, too, has been upset about her patient. Though trying for many days, she still cannot get the patient's children nor any relatives to visit. As her elderly patient clings on to life and undergoes another surgery to get the nail out, Mihoko decides to play her part. Hook or by crook, she will get a relative to come down.

Kazuo wheels Kuriyama in for her surgery. She teases him about losing to Kousaku in terms of looks and expertise. Discouraged by his constant boo-boos yet unwavering in spirit, he gives Kuriyama his promise that one day he will achieve his dream of being a flight doctor and show it to her. Touched by his words, tears run down her cheeks. She lifts her soon to be amputated arm and offers it up to Kazuo for a last handshake. She will never forget the touch of his hands.

The long-awaited call that Kousaku has been standing by for comes. He flies like the wind to the direction of 'Doctor-Heli'. This time, the victim is a 19 year old with his right arm entangled in a machine. In a split second, Kousaku makes a decision upon seeing the victim's state. His arm has to be amputated immediately in order to save his life. Back at the hospital, Megumi, Kazuo, and Mihoko hear of Kousaku performing an amputation at the medical scene. They are alarmed at his boldness but the staff nurse tells them it was a right move.

The elderly woman's niece pays her a visit after the successful operation and she thanks Mihoko tremendously for her effort. Mihoko, who initially thought that she was going to get a scolding, becomes overwhelmed with emotion. Deep in thought about Kousaku (his success) and herself (her failure), Megumi isn't sure whether to be impressed or threatened by Kousaku's mighty ambitions when he tells her confidently that he will be a famous doctor earlier than anyone else.

Guest aquamarine88

I watched this just now with the softsub released by querbeet (Thanks!) and I have loved it already. I have always enjoyed medical drama. With such a rating in episode 1, this drama will undoubtedly do even better soon. Yamapi is so cool here... haha, another great medical drama after two seasons of Iryu!

Guest Anri Lin

I might watch this just for Erika Toda ^^ and maybe Yamapi since I've been trying to get him on my LIKE-list for over two years now yet I never bother to watch his dramas to fulfill that want ^^..

The whole hospital/doctor thing is a turn-off for me though =/

Guest cleown

Im curious, where is the eps with subbed? T_T Im dying to watch it right now ! Haha. (:

Well, softsubs for the first episode are out already, and Love Song as well as Querbeet are working on their hardsubs. As far as I can tell, they are about the same speed on that^^

Guest ..natz..

i loved episode 1..

yamapi being so confident in himself is SO HOT!!...

and he's acting so serious and i love it!!! hehehe

anyway do u know any clubboxes that carry the RAW file?

Guest ripgal

The pilot episode was quite good.. It straightaway dealt with a lot of issues faced by doctors and trainee doctors in their everyday life, and somehow reminded me of Iryu, which is a good thing, because I loved Iryu to bits. Hopefully, it'll continue to be this interesting..

I wasn't expecting a lot from Yamapi because initially I thought he was too young to play the role. But somehow, he looked really mature in here, and had the poise and aura of a cool but confident trainee doctor. (and altho I'm not a fan of his, I have to admit he looked really handsome and HOT in here.. and maybe because of that hairstyle of his, he looked a bit like Takuya Kimura in certain scenes..hehehe..:wub: and that's a PLUS! :P)

Liked the part of Yamapi dealing with the emergency situation.. he was really confident, and didn't even stop to think of what he should do, because he knew right on spot what the problem was. Felt bad for the other girl tho.. it kinda sent out a message in a sense that no matter how good you are memory wise or academic wise, if you can't handle emergency situations right on spot, you're not as capable as others I guess.

Guest PrincessAyra

This drama has all my favorite stars in it (Yamapi, Gakky, and Erika)

I'll watch this as soon as I finish everything that I'm currently watching right now. haha. :P

Guest Raw Sugar

So after the first episode aired, I was a bit skeptical on the show since I read some reviews about how it was boring. But man, that was some interesting stuff. Within that one hour, you already know how the characters are, some of the story line, and it was pretty intense. I cannot stand blood so with some of those bloody scenes I flinched a bit. All the operation and emergency scenes were done very well, it kept me on the edge.

Honestly, I watched this because Yamapi was in it. But when I started watching it, I completely forgot he was in it until they showed him. The sub plots in the episode was equally interesting to watch as Yamapi's hot abs and face. The show might seem a bit predictable, with Yamapi starring as the quiet mysterious genius, the other dorky male doctor, and every other cliche character there is, but the individual cases each doctor had to deal with was really amusing to watch. Oh, and I liked how some of the scene made me react emotionally, like the part where the girl had to amputate her arm and right before the surgery she asked for a handshake.

I know some of the viewers are fans of the actors (like me, omg, Yamapi is so hot), but the storyline seems interesting and pretty good if you ask me. The other actors (Aragaki Yui, Toda Erika) are just a plus, and Yamapi is like a huuuge bonus (for me). (:

Archived