[drama 2009] The Iron Empress / Empress Cheon Chu 천추태후

Guest huangsy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nysophia_x_ii

what i dont understand is why the emperor wants to keep wang song (chae si ra's son) in the castle and make him a prince. I mean, doesn't he want his own children to take over the throne? cuz if he's in it just for himself, that's just really really selfish. can anyone explain? :D

Guest Orchidy

Hmmm.... this peak my interest. I actually dig the hair from Chae sira the older empress. I think it fits her wild image. I like her acting, she is cool. :P

I was actually disappointed when they showed the younger version since I was at the arch of the battel but then the younger generation (with an awesome actress performance) so now I'm a bit sadden that it will end soon.

>_< I have to wait for subtitles. It sucks to be stuck at a show and have to wait but I guess that way I'll have more to watch later after I have a break from school.

I AM NOT AWARE OF THE KOREAN HISTORY. Pls Help.

I just would like to know if the crazy emperor featured in Hong Gildong is also the crazy emperor in Iron Empress. How many years did he reign and make Korea in a mess situation.

Thank you in advance.

I like ShinAe but I don't really like her character.

She's not very lively...hopefully her character will have better scenes.

Pictures from episode 10...

luvsoompivs00000000zz2.jpg

luvsoompivs00000006wc6.jpg

luvsoompivs00000015fr2.jpg

luvsoompivs00100001qo5.jpg

luvsoompivs00100043hb0.jpg

luvsoompivs00300000iv2.jpg

luvsoompivs00400008ni7.jpg

luvsoompivs00400016vx7.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8039/lu...00400029uh6.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1975/lu...00400042az9.jpg

luvsoompivs00400045xj2.jpg

luvsoompivs00400051et4.jpg

luvsoompivs00400090zk8.jpg

luvsoompivs00400107rb0.jpg

luvsoompivs00400109yw1.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1641/lu...00400123sz5.jpg

luvsoompivs00400142fh9.jpg

luvsoompivs00400144lq2.jpg

luvsoompivs00400157dg2.jpg

luvsoompivs00500001yi3.jpg

luvsoompivs00500009wz8.jpg

luvsoompivs00500040ku9.jpg

luvsoompivs00500042dj1.jpg

luvsoompivs00600005pe0.jpg

luvsoompivs00700004gm9.jpg

luvsoompivs00700010ki8.jpg

Don't you think they put too much make up on the men :)

luvsoompivs00000000sa6.jpg

I AM NOT AWARE OF THE KOREAN HISTORY. Pls Help.

I just would like to know if the crazy emperor featured in Hong Gildong is also the crazy emperor in Iron Empress. How many years did he reign and make Korea in a mess situation.

Thank you in advance.

Its not him....and anyways they are not in the same era.....this one is in Goryeo era and the other one in hong gil dong is in Joseon era.

Guest dramaok

what i dont understand is why the emperor wants to keep wang song (chae si ra's son) in the castle and make him a prince. I mean, doesn't he want his own children to take over the throne? cuz if he's in it just for himself, that's just really really selfish. can anyone explain? :D

because he doesn't have any sons yet, only daughters, and already in his 9th year reign he has to think about the future of the monarchy and it's a bad omen to have no heir so he is making wang song the 'deputy crown prince' but not actually a crown prince. he is like the 'just in case' heir. once the king has his own he will make his own son the official crown prince. also i think he is keeping song in the palace sort of as a hostage to keep his sister su (chae shira) obedient. she disagrees w/ him on his policies and has outright gone against him so he is threatening to never let her see her son again if she disobeys him.

--

like i said before chae shira is a great actress. she was unbelievablly good in many melodramas before, but i'm still not really digging her in here. i think she is kinda too old too maybe it's the makeup not that flattering. she looks so much older than shin-ae and kim seok-hoon. but maybe i'll get used to her as the drama progresses. i still wish they had cast ha ji-won or soo ae for the title role instead. oh well.

not really digging the actor playing king seong-jong either. i mean i like the actor in other roles like in kingdom of wind, and conspiracy in court he was super great but he doesn't make the same kind of presence like other kings do. ack. i miss kyeongjong.

I'm watching this series in KBSworld and we were just at ep4 here.. I love the storyline so far. I was wondering why the actress acting as young Hwang Bo Su is so familiar to me.. then i later notice she's in BOF as Ga Eul (watching BOF online.. hehe).. I'm a bit suprise at her excelent acting as the young Hwang Bo Su. She's definitely a young actress with a great talent.. I'm actually sad that her scene will end at ep10.. Hope to see more of her works in the future..

Its not him....and anyways they are not in the same era.....this one is in Goryeo era and the other one in hong gil dong is in Joseon era.

Thank you very much mazels. Please confirm also that when you say Goryeo era, is it the era of the King Goryeo likewise Joseon era is the era of King Joseon?

Thanks again for giving me additional knowledge so that I can understand fully well historical dramas like this.

Guest kenplus

I have only watch until episode 6 (with chinese subtitles),some phrases seems to be different with the english subtitles,but neverthelesss,i think this should be a good drama,hope that there will be more war scenes instead.

Guest Maryam22

I wish Shin Ae character was more strong ,,

Princess HanJoong ( i think this is her name correct me if i'm wrong )is always crying :( ,,

I pray for a better role for her in the next project ..

Thank you very much mazels. Please confirm also that when you say Goryeo era, is it the era of the King Goryeo likewise Joseon era is the era of King Joseon?

Thanks again for giving me additional knowledge so that I can understand fully well historical dramas like this.

No its not king........ Goryeo and Joseon was kingdoms ......Goryeo was before Joseon

Guest babymarzy07

ooohh its getting exciting.

ahhhh.. so shinae is seul?

the younger sister who was with her when she was married off the emperor right?

did i get that right?

and the guy she likes appears again..

prince gyeongjuwon?

ooohhh looks like the son of chae sira here is also the little kid from bof with kim so eun before.

he has many roles in good dramas. and he can act really well i must say for someone so young.

i actually dont get who kim seok hoon is here.

can anyone explain? so he is a spy?

or he is against empress hunae?

hmm but he helps her still?

what is his purpose?

thanks so much!

Archived