[drama 2009] The Iron Empress / Empress Cheon Chu 천추태후

Guest huangsy

Guest syungie

There's something I just realized while watching this drama...

The one who plays Cheon Chu's older brother is the brother from Autumn's Tale.

haha...I'm enjoying this drama which is surprising b/c I don't usually like these kind of dramas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaizai00

i really like the drama so far because the directing is pretty good and I like the actresses who play the two princesses, but i need some clarification on the history of the beginning. So I'm guessing all this from the scenes and what has been going on from episode 2 - 7:

Princess Chun Chu and her sister were brought to the palace and Chun Chu eventually married the current (or deceased after episode 7) king, but before she entered the palace she was in love with her orabuni which is the king's brother (?) and even though Chun Chu initially thought the king was a heartless jerk, she discovered that he was really caring on the inside. But then he developed a fatal illness around episode 3 and during the same time he discovered that Princess Chun Chu's child isn't his (?) but his brother's . Then an old councilman (the one in red that is introduced in episode 6) comes and i think that he is collaborating with the Prince to somehow remove the current king. And while the king is on his deathbed and the Princess talks to the old councilman, he sees the power and image from the previous king.

So that's all that I could guess and gather from what has been going on, so if someone could clarify about some of the parts, it would be tremedously helpful!

Guest avonmarissa

i really like the drama so far because the directing is pretty good and I like the actresses who play the two princesses, but i need some clarification on the history of the beginning. So I'm guessing all this from the scenes and what has been going on from episode 2 - 7:

Princess Chun Chu and her sister were brought to the palace and Chun Chu eventually married the current (or deceased after episode 7) king, but before she entered the palace she was in love with her orabuni which is the king's brother (?) and even though Chun Chu initially thought the king was a heartless jerk, she discovered that he was really caring on the inside. But then he developed a fatal illness around episode 3 and during the same time he discovered that Princess Chun Chu's child isn't his (?) but his brother's . Then an old councilman (the one in red that is introduced in episode 6) comes and i think that he is collaborating with the Prince to somehow remove the current king. And while the king is on his deathbed and the Princess talks to the old councilman, he sees the power and image from the previous king.

So that's all that I could guess and gather from what has been going on, so if someone could clarify about some of the parts, it would be tremedously helpful!

From what I gather with my minimal Korean, Princess Chunchu and her sister were married off to the seemingly crazy King who so happens to be cousins with the two princesses. I don't think she is in love with her orabuni, her brother; I think the relationship is that of brother and sister. Chunchu's child belongs to the crazy King because that child later becomes King when Chunchu's brother, the future King Seongjong passes. Chunchu's brother, King Seongjong is the one we see in the first episode when she goes to plead before him in the throne hall. I hope I was helpful.

you can find the subbed episodes at this link: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/theironempress

Guest zaizai00

From what I gather with my minimal Korean, Princess Chunchu and her sister were married off to the seemingly crazy King who so happens to be cousins with the two princesses. I don't think she is in love with her orabuni, her brother; I think the relationship is that of brother and sister. Chunchu's child belongs to the crazy King because that child later becomes King when Chunchu's brother, the future King Seongjong passes. Chunchu's brother, King Seongjong is the one we see in the first episode when she goes to plead before him in the throne hall. I hope I was helpful.

you can find the subbed episodes at this link: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/theironempress

thanks for the clarification. So princess chun chu's brother is the King Seojong... that would make sense. But then why was her brother so mad when she got married to the king? because the king was supposedly crazy?

Guest avonmarissa

i just wanna ask!!

what is Kim Min Ji role in the Drama?

the girl that they said she resembles Shin Ae's beauty

According to dramawiki, Kim Min Ji's character, Lady Kim, is the second wife of King Seongjong. Thus, that makes Lady Kim the sister-in-law of Chunchu. From last week's episode, it seems as if Wang Chi(Seongjong) has fallen for Lady Kim whose birth name seems to be Bo-yeong.

Unflattering/ugly costumes and not so good-looking actors. I think mostly ajummas and ahjussis will be watching this.

They may be trying to strive for reality in terms of costumes, but I'd rather look at beautiful colours and textures rather than rags cobbled together.

The armor also looks really heavy and clunky too.

I think I'll wait for the other female oriented sageuks.

Guest redzone85

thanks for the clarification. So princess chun chu's brother is the King Seojong... that would make sense. But then why was her brother so mad when she got married to the king? because the king was supposedly crazy?

Yeh, because he thinks the king is a heartless jerk and he doesnt want his sisters to sacrifice themselves for his own life. Also because he wants to be the next king, and the fastest way to do that would be to dethrone the king and all people on good terms with the king (that would include his wife etc.)

I was so looking for a new period history drama, i wasnt really satisfied with kingdom of the wind even though i did watch all episodes, it didnt really get my attention like 'Sea of God' for example, this drama looks like is gonna be a great drama with alot of war etc.

Guest redzone85

I never expected ChunChu to fall in love with the crazy king!~!!! It's so.. unexpected and underdeveloped.

It was kind of unexpected, but i fully understand Chun Chu falling for the King, he isnt a bad guy is just that he went through alot of emotional pain that made him lose control of his emotions. To be a King back in that era wasnt a easy thing.

I feel pity for both of em, never expected to have a tear or two watching this kind of drama looking at both of em

Guest leonaheidern

Hi Are there any srt subtitles for this show available for download? I've gotten most of the eps over clubbox.

My father is a fan of this show. We catch it over KBS world but the its only 2 episodes a week

We've watched up to episode 3 so far.

Guest zaizai00

Hi Are there any srt subtitles for this show available for download? I've gotten most of the eps over clubbox.

My father is a fan of this show. We catch it over KBS world but the its only 2 episodes a week

We've watched up to episode 3 so far.

you should check mysoju because it seems that someone is subbing it through viikkii.... I believe that they are working on episode 3 right now because episode 2 with subtitles is already up... hope that helps!

It was kind of unexpected, but i fully understand Chun Chu falling for the King, he isnt a bad guy is just that he went through alot of emotional pain that made him lose control of his emotions. To be a King back in that era wasnt a easy thing.

I feel pity for both of em, never expected to have a tear or two watching this kind of drama looking at both of em

I understand how and why Chun Chu fell for the King too. Even though he is a bit crazed, but he's not really a bad guy. He just has alot of emotional scars. Despite the fact that he has a very hot temper, but he's also really cute and considerate of Chun Chu. I'm really curious about one thing. Has he ever slept with the younger sister? It didn't seem like it, but they didn't really focus on her that much, so it's kind of hard to tell.

I really like the King with the young Chun Chu. They were actually really good together. Very surprising considering a huge age difference. I hope that they will pair up again in the future. I really like the Young Chun Chu. I think that she has a huge potential to be a big star. She act with such authority in her tone, expressions and body language that even alot of experience actors lacked in.

I hope to see more of her work in the future. I definitely want to see her pair up with Kim Bum and the King.

Archived