[Drama 2008] Glass Castle / City Of Glass 유리의 성

Guest huangsy

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest naughtybynature

It's truly commendable how you stayed true to this project until the very end - a big heartfelt thanks to you, baduy. You're a STAR! :)

THANK YOU  for this taking on this monumental task!

Not to slight this drama, I still wish you had subbed "La Dolce Vita".  (As you know, that one is my favorite.)  :D

baduy, thank you so much for subbing this drama!

Auntie Mame, "La Dolce Vita" also known as "Bittersweet Life" was already subbed by WithS2, just go to there website to download the subtitles.

baduy, thank you so much for subbing this drama!

Auntie Mame, "La Dolce Vita" also known as "Bittersweet Life" was already subbed by WithS2, just go to there website to download the subtitles.

Thank you.  I know that LDV was subbed by WithS2.  However, it doesn't have the 'extras' that Baduy provides.  Actually, Baduy and I were one of the small group who participated on the LDV thread in soompi.  The exchanges in that thread were superb. :)

Thank you baduy!!!!!  Hope your wife won't mind if I show you a little luv .... wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

First I enjoyed this series through your and a few other summaries and now I'm enjoying through your subtitles. 

Thank you! 

Also Thank you for inspiring me to learn hangul. While reading your detail summaries, I so wanted to understand everything you were saying that I broke down and learned hangual over a weekend. I have been enjoying 'sounding out' korean words every since.  Thanks!!!!!

Guest Greenrose934

Thanks so much baduy for your hard working

May I ask if you like

[Drama 2011] Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror 광개토태왕 [KBS] Lee Tae Gon, Oh Ji Eun, Kim Seung Su, Lee In Hae, Kim Jung Hwa

Guest getawayfrom

Thanks so much baduy for your hard working

May I ask if you like

[Drama 2011] Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror 광개토태왕 [KBS] Lee Tae Gon, Oh Ji Eun, Kim Seung Su, Lee In Hae, Kim Jung Hwa

Oh gosh, I really want to watch this drama. It's up to 6 episodes so far but no one sub it yet. Viikii has this drama on their site but the subbing is really slow and it's block as of now. I't would be awesome if baduy take this project and made it available for us all the watch.

Thank you, Baduy, so much for subbing City of Glass. I can finally get a sense of closure because I started watching this drama the year it was originally broadcast -- I started watching in the middle and always wanted to start from the very beginning. I even purchased the commercial DVD which had abysmal English subbing -- so badly done, I stopped watching it with the subtitles. Your subbing made me enjoy the nuances of the culture. I was so disappointed when you stopped working on it on viikii and was thrilled to learn you took up the Herculean task again. My God -- over fifty hours of translation.

Thank you.

Episode 51 (final) English subtitles at

http://www.mediafire.com/?t34iczxrk8sflqx

or

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CB67ISZA

I have rather a lot of "real" work coming up that can't easily be postponed, so rather than hold back the subs for this final episode until I could sub absolutely everything audible, I'm releasing them with a few pretty minor gaps which I didn't yet have time or patience to fill, none of which conceals any of the plot.

I don't normally sub things like the practice newsreading passages anyway, but in this case I did make an exception for the test piece at the audition for the news anchor post, because it culminates in the revelation, ominous indeed in the context of the plot, that fruit and vegetable production is forecast to rise significantly. Veggie Boy may not be staying in the rag trade forever, then.

A big thank-you to everybody who's been so patient while I plodded my way through this task and everyone who's given their encouragement, both on and off this thread. And thank you, holden, for the surprise bonus of making 720p versions of the raws readily available again. When this drama first aired, it wasn't possible to turn the handle on the clockwork laptop I had back then then fast enough to cope with 450p, let alone 720p, so I didn't have any higher resolution versions in my stores.

I still hope sometime to do something about revisiting the subbing and timing of the first two or three episodes in particular, where I'm not too happy with some of the ex-Viikii subs and segments. The writing in this drama is so good that I'd like its qualities to be reflected as well can be managed in all the epsode subs, as far as that's possible given the huge differences between the two languages concerned.

But for now, I think I need to take a rest from subbing altogether.

Have fun, everybody.

Guest getawayfrom

THANK YOU soo very much baduy! I will miss this drama and mostly because of you. I enjoyed this drama very much all because you made it possible. I can't really express my gratitude on how lucky we are to have you subbing this. I sincerely hope you have a wonderful and well deserve rest. Do let us know if you will take on future project because I definitely want on it. Many, many thanks w00t.gifw00t.gif

Archived