Guest Seoulite5

OMG... you just posted a movie i saw a long, long time ago. that movie literally traumatized me :crazy: .

"Farewell My Concubine" was the movie i happen to see once as a kid at the time so it didn't make sense to me at all-the storyline. but i did remember the guy looking like a women then ending up being a "guy". it messed with my head real bad at the time -_- anyways now looking back i comprehend the movie. i guess it was my first exposure of the homosexual world and i never realized that :sweatingbullets:. anyways, i think that some asian countries and cultures do accept or "respect" homosexuals. for example i believe in thailand or one of the southeastern asian countries around that area do respect it in some prospects. the transgenders are seen as a "women" and there are even places like in the U.S where they dance, sing, and show off in a show. and its not a abnormality for the people. another example though it may not be in Asia, *if my memory serves me correct* Hawaiians review transgenders as females too. i believe it was in the culture that if one boy in the family chooses to be a "women" then he shall forever be seen and respected as one. they even do the daily chores a naturally born women would do too. and just one more thing, i believe that Japan is one the most open-minded *in my opinion* in the homosexual topic. in the past it was not a rarity that the men would sleep with other men, and i believe it still isn't regarded as being weird. the movies and especially the mangas/animations are not shy about that topic. tell me one manga or animation that you have not seen the portrayal of homosexuality between a male/male or a female/female. though i'm not saying all Japanese people or those that i've enclosed above aren't against homosexuality i'm just stating in my opinion and from certain facts that not all asian countries are that closed minded because at the end of the day people are still people so they can say and think for themselves. its just what you believe in...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aliysa

Sorry for being here for a long time..

I have been caught up in many many things.

Oh anyway..I am soooo addicted in reading manga.

There are a lot of interesting and beautiful yaoi manga.

I recently read Demian Syndrome. But unfortunately it is not completed yet.

Oh and I also like Saa Koi ni Ochitamamae, also not complete.

If you guys wanna read just go to mangafox.

Sorry for being here for a long time..

I have been caught up in many many things.

Oh anyway..I am soooo addicted in reading manga.

There are a lot of interesting and beautiful yaoi manga.

I recently read Demian Syndrome. But unfortunately it is not completed yet.

Oh and I also like Saa Koi ni Ochitamamae, also not complete.

If you guys wanna read just go to mangafox.

In my last post (somewhere above you), I was talking about 'Ai no Kotodama', the movie--I'd just finished it...it was pretty good, ending included. I'm going to read the manga in a few weeks (getting from the library)--even if you've never read it, you might like the movie. 'Words of Devotion' is the English title of the manga. Here's a description of it, w/ a pic of the two main actors/characters in the movie. Yasuka Saito is Ootani, and Tokuyama Hidenori is Tachibana.

http://yaoibl.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/jmo...ds-of-devotion/

edit: back in May, someone was talking about Bokura no Ai no Kanade (with Uchiyama Masato+Koki Watari) -- it wasn't uploaded anywhere with English subs at that time--has anyone seen anything about it? Youtube still doesn't have it...

Guest zingsharon

i watched the preview trailer for the movie, ANTIQUE recently

there is quite a lot of boys' kiss scenes... seemed nice

this movie is a remake version of japanese manga

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w11-.jpg

Guest LoveCandy

How about Rainbows Eyes with Kim Kang Woo and Kim Min Seon ?

This will keep you guessing till the end who is who . It is a good movie .

yupyup i like this movie too^^ ah~ cant wait for antique....

I've been waiting for this too, although because I'm in the US--who knows how long it will be until I can see it t_t. I was disappointed in the Japanese version--as much as I like/d the cast (especially Fujiki kun and Takizawa)--so I'm hoping this version will be truer to the story--because I loved the manga. I have to go watch the trailer now. =D

thanks for posting the pics.

edit: I think I squealed. =p Looks pretty close to perfect so far...all of them. here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFrVRbvIrKg

Guest ginger

Hey, guys! Just dropping in to say that I was at the Pusan International Film Festival this weekend, and I saw some posters for "Boy Meets Boy", the upcoming film about two gay high schoolers. I looked up the times on the PIFF schedule, but it just going to be a 13 minute preview? Oh, well. The poster looked cute so I snapped a quick photo of it.

IMG_2105.jpg

-ginger

Guest zingsharon

oh... the poster is cute

thanks for sharing...

i watched the preview before

the movie seemed nice...

looking forward to this movie

Guest Aliysa

In my last post (somewhere above you), I was talking about 'Ai no Kotodama', the movie--I'd just finished it...it was pretty good, ending included. I'm going to read the manga in a few weeks (getting from the library)--even if you've never read it, you might like the movie. 'Words of Devotion' is the English title of the manga. Here's a description of it, w/ a pic of the two main actors/characters in the movie. Yasuka Saito is Ootani, and Tokuyama Hidenori is Tachibana.

http://yaoibl.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/jmo...ds-of-devotion/

edit: back in May, someone was talking about Bokura no Ai no Kanade (with Uchiyama Masato+Koki Watari) -- it wasn't uploaded anywhere with English subs at that time--has anyone seen anything about it? Youtube still doesn't have it...

Thanks MythnooonA.. I have seen Ai no Kotodama and have read the mang..it was both really adorable.

I have posted short review a few pages back. Bokura no Ai no Kanade is really hard to find. I too am trying to find it.

But I think you all might be interested in this. Although there is no subtitle.But I cried watching it.

Kindan no Koi

I found it a few months ago.

The Summit 절정, a manhwa by Lee Younghee 이영희 featuring...well...gorgeous men.

yes, i've read the first volum, very beautiful indeed...

i want to see this drama...oh btw, i really want to watch boys love the second production but i can't seem to find it online, does anyone know where i can find it?

i really liked Love My Life~ ^^

and omg omg the hottie from Coffee Prince is in Antique!

i really wanna see that now!

thanks for all the updates :]

Lol the boys and the girls are the same people. I was wondering if the 'boys' are actually girls, until I saw the other 3.

I wonder how are this classified as gay drama? Even though I see the character Rei loves the Kai 'guy' =P

EDIT: Oops, just noticed the Love connection between Marilyn and Saeko.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Truelover

Hello Ishida,

Thanks for the tip. From this poster I recognize Minami Takahashi and Haruna Kojima, two of my favourite AKB48 members. I don't know what this drama plotline is about really, but I'll have a look if I can catch or learn something right now.

:)

Kate

Seoulite5

Hi!!! Ive discovered your thread when I tried searching for news About Frozen Flower and Boy meets Boy :w00t:

Ah! Ive already watched most of the movies you mentioned here:

King and the Clown

A Crimson Mark

Bishonen ( Daniel Wu died here, huhuhu)

Eternal Summer (which has one of the most cliffhanging end of all the movies Ive seen!)

Gohatto ( with a main caracter, the beautiful Sozaburo Kano turn bad because of love, its very symbolic at the end btw);

Love of Siam (huhuhu, my heart bleeds for this film);

Ai no kotodama (Im so in love with Tachibana's Character! hehehe)

Lan yu (*whistles* one of the best out there!);

Takumi-kun series (it was okay....not too remarkable though)

Happy Together (what the heck is their deal? I find myself always saying 'duh' and 'duh' between their odd habits of proving if their partner is really in love with them);

Farewell my Concubine ( the first gay theme movie I watched, Although a lot of people would find old plot stories boring but I saw beauty in this period, I really love Douzi's caracter and would always find myself symphatizing for him. Its because of this film that I started watching other gay themed movies. Its really beautiful. ^_^);

Sukitomo ( This is a story of a Guy who's father had remarried and her stepmother has a child from her first marriage, and so he acquired a baby sister. Also there's this gay photographer who likes making articles of him and taking his pictures (he is a boxer btw), at the gym or his matches... so this Baby sister of his who's a high school student has an infatuation to him. She sees him as a strong, responsible and able person that's why she was constantly jelous of the closeness she noticed between her brother and this photographer.

There was also a female who got interested with this photographer and the sister was always creating ways for them to be together. The girl had a talk with this photographer and realized the connection between her brother and him sprung from their childhood days wherein this photographer nearly meet an accident and his brother was blaming himself for it and thus promize to protect him forever. At the end both the girl and the photographer had a better understanding of each other and she finally accepted the latter's relatioship with her brother and the last scene of the movie had a very good and telling ending. It might be light for other but I think it spoke of volumes.)

Itsuka No Kimi E- Zutto Soba Ni Itehoshi & Big Bang Love, Juvenile A & Bangkok Love Story was very good too! Though i find myself hating and loving the lead in Bangkok the same time coz of his nature.

Im waiting for Boy's love theatrical version to be subbed. The Wedding banquet was Ang lee's first gay film. I find it very humurous coz of what Wai-Tung Gao did just to have his private relationship hidden from his parents and when his 'stage' wife seduces him resulting to a baby, it became even more messier than it is already. What i find out of the box though is Wai Tung's acceptance of Simon)

Formula 17 was nice though its the typical Playboy meets mr nice guy, falls in love with him and decides to stick with him.

Hatsu-Koi (First Love) was really cute! I think you guys have to watch it.

Bokura no Ai no Kanade, another typical story about a teacher and student.

And who hasnt seen coffee prince, Hana Kimi here???! Both are frigin good shows to watch! Though in truth this is a hetero and mentioned homo sexual theme but these drama were both exceptional.

For the Animes:

Ai no kusabi was really addicting. It was the first Yaoi movie Ive seen, it was so aesthetically good and has the most perfect tragic ending in an anime ever.

Gravitation is humurous. Sukisho too. There are many youve miss actually:

Kyou Kara Maou

Zetsuai (Also frigin frigin frigin good! Its the same level with Ai no Kusabi);

Haru wo Daite Ita By Youka Nitta (its frigin good, specially its Film called "Winter Cicada", its a definite must watch, just ignore the fact that this is anime, the emotion it creates is just as compelling as if a real human had been doing the roles and not simply drawings and seiyu's.)

I didnt like The Summit's drawing, not as good as Haru wo daiteita. If you think of yaoi you simply cannot forget...

Okane Ga Nai, it simply is one of the most dominating yaoi manga out there. Everybody eagerly awaits for chapters and animation for this.

There are a lot of gay themed movies internationally. I am specially at awe with French productions. Titles like 'Just a question of Love' definitely tops the list. Also english films like 'Latter Days' are just among the dozens.

Guest DreamyAngel

Seoulite5

Hi!!! Ive discovered your thread when I tried searching for news About Frozen Flower and Boy meets Boy :w00t:

Ah! Ive already watched most of the movies you mentioned here:

King and the Clown

A Crimson Mark

Bishonen ( Daniel Wu died here, huhuhu)

Eternal Summer (which has one of the most cliffhanging end of all the movies Ive seen!)

Gohatto ( with a main caracter, the beautiful Sozaburo Kano turn bad because of love, its very symbolic at the end btw);

Love of Siam (huhuhu, my heart bleeds for this film);

Ai no kotodama (Im so in love with Tachibana's Character! hehehe)

Lan yu (*whistles* one of the best out there!);

Takumi-kun series (it was okay....not too remarkable though)

Happy Together (what the heck is their deal? I find myself always saying 'duh' and 'duh' between their odd habits of proving if their partner is really in love with them);

Farewell my Concubine ( the first gay theme movie I watched, Although a lot of people would find old plot stories boring but I saw beauty in this period, I really love Douzi's caracter and would always find myself symphatizing for him. Its because of this film that I started watching other gay themed movies. Its really beautiful. ^_^);

Sukitomo ( This is a story of a Guy who's father had remarried and her stepmother has a child from her first marriage, and so he acquired a baby sister. Also there's this gay photographer who likes making articles of him and taking his pictures (he is a boxer btw), at the gym or his matches... so this Baby sister of his who's a high school student has an infatuation to him. She sees him as a strong, responsible and able person that's why she was constantly jelous of the closeness she noticed between her brother and this photographer.

There was also a female who got interested with this photographer and the sister was always creating ways for them to be together. The girl had a talk with this photographer and realized the connection between her brother and him sprung from their childhood days wherein this photographer nearly meet an accident and his brother was blaming himself for it and thus promize to protect him forever. At the end both the girl and the photographer had a better understanding of each other and she finally accepted the latter's relatioship with her brother and the last scene of the movie had a very good and telling ending. It might be light for other but I think it spoke of volumes.)

Itsuka No Kimi E- Zutto Soba Ni Itehoshi & Big Bang Love, Juvenile A & Bangkok Love Story was very good too! Though i find myself hating and loving the lead in Bangkok the same time coz of his nature.

Im waiting for Boy's love theatrical version to be subbed. The Wedding banquet was Ang lee's first gay film. I find it very humurous coz of what Wai-Tung Gao did just to have his private relationship hidden from his parents and when his 'stage' wife seduces him resulting to a baby, it became even more messier than it is already. What i find out of the box though is Wai Tung's acceptance of Simon)

Formula 17 was nice though its the typical Playboy meets mr nice guy, falls in love with him and decides to stick with him.

Hatsu-Koi (First Love) was really cute! I think you guys have to watch it.

Bokura no Ai no Kanade, another typical story about a teacher and student.

And who hasnt seen coffee prince, Hana Kimi here???! Both are frigin good shows to watch! Though in truth this is a hetero and mentioned homo sexual theme but these drama were both exceptional.

For the Animes:

Ai no kusabi was really addicting. It was the first Yaoi movie Ive seen, it was so aesthetically good and has the most perfect tragic ending in an anime ever.

Gravitation is humurous. Sukisho too. There are many youve miss actually:

Kyou Kara Maou

Zetsuai (Also frigin frigin frigin good! Its the same level with Ai no Kusabi);

Haru wo Daite Ita By Youka Nitta (its frigin good, specially its Film called "Winter Cicada", its a definite must watch, just ignore the fact that this is anime, the emotion it creates is just as compelling as if a real human had been doing the roles and not simply drawings and seiyu's.)

I didnt like The Summit's drawing, not as good as Haru wo daiteita. If you think of yaoi you simply cannot forget...

Okane Ga Nai, it simply is one of the most dominating yaoi manga out there. Everybody eagerly awaits for chapters and animation for this.

There are a lot of gay themed movies internationally. I am specially at awe with French productions. Titles like 'Just a question of Love' definitely tops the list. Also english films like 'Latter Days' are just among the dozens.

Do you know where i can download/watch Hatsu-Koi (First Love)? I've been dying to see it, pretty please

Guest christina

I dont know if someone already posted this one but my favorite is "Saving Face." Its an Chinese American film but I think all asian americans can relate to the movie, even if they are hetro because its not just about sexuality but about culture and mother / daughter relationship.

Do you know where i can download/watch Hatsu-Koi (First Love)? I've been dying to see it, pretty please

Dreamy Angel, Im so sorry! :tears: I watch Hatsu a long time ago in youtube, that user's account was suspended or permanently removed.

It happens all the time in youtube, many of my acquaintances who uploads movies with these themes are flagged everyday and I think youtube takes these flagging seriously that's why they are being suspended. That or the users are violating certain rules like uploading films that are licensed. Some of the films I mentioned are really hard to find, or they might have been uploaded in youtube but those accounts were already suspended. Sorry :tears:

I think a lot of the homosexual films have a lot of deep meaning to them. Their story lines are incredibly emotional/heartbreaking too. The King and the Clown is wonderful<3 As well as others. It's great that through films, we can slowly learn to accept them.

Archived