Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irene23

Boys Love ボーイズ ラブ

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/j...sloveposter.jpg

Directed by: Kotaro Terauchi

Starring: Yoshikazu Kotani, Takumi Saitou, Hiroya Matsumoto, Masashi Taniguchi

Release date: November 24, 2006 (Japan)

Summary:

Just doing his job, magazine editor Taishin Mamiya (Yoshikazu Kotani) interviews high school model Noeru Kisaragi (Takumi Saito). Despite Noeru's bad attitude, an enchanting picture of the ocean he draws leads Mamiya to invite him out for dinner afterwards. They connect at the restaurant, but while in the bathroom there Noeru solicits Mamiya sexually. The next morning, Noeru's office calls the magazine office where Mamiya works. "Your editor was rude. Have him come and apologize." When Mamiya goes to Noeru's house to deliver the apology, he sees Noeru with a dirty-looking man. Mamiya is shocked to discover at that moment that his interest in Noeru goes beyond article research--he truly wants to know more about him. Credit: Wikipedia

ohhh Boys Love ,I saw this movie is BEAUTIFUL

romantic ,sweet, and so saaaaaaaaaaaaad :tears::tears::tears: (I love Noeru :tears: ,I Hateeee Chidori :fury: )

always cry a lot, when look this movie

is complete in youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8nlJ5RiNk

p.d. Takumi Saito is so cute and sexy :w00t::sweatingbullets:

Guest carleli

The films I saw out from the list are THE KING AND THE CLOWN and NO REGRET (haven't finished watching this one yet). I have nothing against gay people. In fact, I have a few gay friends and a gay brother. Most of the time, they are fun to be with (although my brother is a bit moody). So I'm just so disappointed with those people who discriminate against gay people. To each his own, that's what I always say. Do whatever will make you happy (but of course be ready for the consequences, 'coz every action we make has permanent effect on our lives whether you are gay or not). So, let's all live in harmony, whatever your sexual preference may be.

Guest inez

I didn't even watch 'BrokeBack Mountain' but i love 'The King's Clown' and i am ever so anticipating for the scenes between Ju JinMo and Jo InSung.. :rolleyes: !!..

Guest xX-SecreTarek-Xx

Blue Gate Crossing is one of my favourite movie, It's just excellent, there's few dialogue but you can just feel everything by looking at them .. really impressive =)

But honestly the whole movie talks about how Zhang shihao ( wilson Chen ) loves Meng kerou ( Guey lun Mei ), it doesn't really talk about lesbian relationship, i don't consider Blue Gate Crossing as a gay movie !

But i suggest everybdoy here to watch this movie !

Guest Ishida21

Thanks for the list, I don't know at all few of them.

I'm allow to add another movie, a recent one and Thai:

The Love of Siam (2007)

siambl4.jpg

from en.wikipedia (spoiler inside):

Mew and Tong were neighbors and close friends in childhood. But after Tong's sister, Tang, disappeared, Tong's family moved away. The boys are reunited during their senior year of high school at Siam Square. The musically talented Mew is the leader of a boy band called August. Tong has a pretty girlfriend, Donut. The meeting stirs up old feelings that Mew has harbored since boyhood, his love for Tong.

Mew's band, meanwhile, has a new manager, June. She looks just like Tong's long-lost sister, Tang. After meeting June, Tong and his mother, Sunee, devise to a plan to pay June to pretend she is Tang, in hopes that it will pull Tong's father out of his alcoholic depression. Tang borrows a story from the Thai film Ruk Jung, saying she has amnesia, which is why she has forgotten how to say her family's Catholic grace at the dinner table.

Mew is also the object of an unrequited crush of a neighbor girl, Ying. But Mew has strong feelings for Tong, which have inspired him to write new songs.

The boys share a prolonged kiss in Tong's backyard one night after a party in honor of the return of Tang. Tong also spends the night with Mew, which causes his mother to worry.

At Christmas time, as Tong and his mother are decorating a Christmas tree, they have a heart-to-heart talk about making choices, and Tong asks his mother to let him make his own choices.

Tong then goes to Siam Square for a date with Donut. Mew's band is playing nearby, so Tong abandons Donut and tells her he cannot be with her. He then rushes to see Mew play and is guided there by Ying, who has accepted the fact that Mew loves Tong. After the performance, Tong gives Mew a gift, a missing nose from a wooden doll that Tong gave him when they were children. However, Tong tells Mew he can't be his boyfriend but that doesn't mean he doesn't love Mew.

The movie win a lot of awards (you can see it on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Love_of_Siam).

And on IMDB the movie has excellent rating: 8,3/10.

I watch it two times (with english subtitles), the "normal" movie, during 150 minutes and the director's cut, during 178 minutes.

As director Chookiat Sakveerakul said for this movie: It's not a gay movie but a movie about love

I like a lot this sentence...

Guest Ishida21

Heyy Ishida21--do you know where The Love of Siam is with english subtitles? I'm only finding Chinese subs... Hmm...

For "normal" version you can find it on kloofy.net (registration required) in the latest subtitles section.

For director's cut version you can find it on subscene at this link:

Subtitles for D'sC version

Guest Dahee Fanel

Are we allowed to only talk about films here? What about dramas?

I loved King and the Clown, and various other Western homosexual-themed films (like Velvet Goldmine and Brokeback Mountain), and some anime, but I haven't really seen a lot of Asian films regarding the subject. This thread gives me some films to look for. Thanks. :)

I've heard that films like Happy Together (the 1997 Wong Kar Wai film) and Fire (the 1996 film by Deepa Mehta, which was the first Indian film to explicitly show homosexual relations) are good, but I haven't had a chance to see them. Any opinions on those two?

I'm looking forward to Frozen Flower. I like that director, and hopefully the homosexual themes will be treated sensitively, and without promoting any of those stereotypes and false facts that often come hand in hand when people try to tackle homosexuality in films.

Guest Bahwe

Isn't this section exclusively for Korean dramas and movies? I don't think homosexuality and gay films and dramas should be an exception to the general rule. I am just reminding people of the Soompi rule if you have forgotten it.

Guest Bahwe

Well--I think the main subject of this thread is for homosexuality in film, but the core of the matter stretches beyond that, and it can't be helped if discussion overflows beyond the rim of drama and film. Just as other threads deviate from their main topics to talk about relevant branches, here, too, we should be allowed to encompass a wider definition of drama. Also, there isn't a section for Korean AND other Asian topics, or else certainly, I would post there. In addition to that, there are no other threads really discussing this subject in Soompi, so it makes it easier on everyone to have one place where people can share input in a general discussion.

Well. If a thread like this is allowed because the topics and issues it touches upon, then the same logic can be applied to other movies and dramas in Asia as well. Anyone can stretch the discussion to cover, for example, the cultural and historical aspects, and their similarities and differences.

Anyway, I think it’s wise to leave it to the moderator as we don’t have control over what is allowed or not.

Guest Matahari_Biru

The King and The Clown is my favorite movie all time alongside with western movie like About Last Night.... :)

Just want to add, Japanese movie also has lots of boy-love theme..... If I'm not mistaken, Ai No Kodotama, (drama) Ren Ai Shindan..

Guest joolee.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I'm going to check these out when I have the time to. I think it's great that Asians are becoming a little more opened about it. :)

Guest vividified

How come theres no lesbians movies listed?

i can only think of

butterfly

and one thats involves tattoos.. damnit forgot the name

Guest Key

There's quite a number of Japanese Boys Love movies, among them is BOYS LOVE [cinema version 2007, the you posted is straight to DVD - *points to sig], Itsuka no Kimi He, and A movie from Takumi-kun series [forgot the title though].

EDIT:

Takumi-kun Series - Soshite Harukaze ni Sasayaite

soshiteharukazenisasayamk5.jpg

A second-year student at all-boys school Shido Gakuen, Hayama Takumi (Yanagishita Tomo) likes to keep to himself, but that becomes a bit difficult when he meets his new roommate Saki Giichi (Kato Keisuke). A big shot on campus, Gii has handsome looks, top grades, and a string of admirers waiting in the wings, but he can't help but take an interest in the quiet and aloof Takumi. Bothered by a traumatic memory, Takumi-kun has a complex about close contact and relationships, and Gii wants to help him overcome his fear. Friendship soon evolves into something more for Gii, but Takumi-kun keeps running away from the relationship.

BOYS LOVE Theaterical Version 2007

10029561511me5.jpg

Aoi Kairu (Kotani Yoshikazu) teaches at one of the nation's most prestigious boarding schools. One day, after a falling out with his girlfriend, he meets a young guy who provides him comfort and consolation during his time of need. Soon after that, a new student, Sora (Kanno Atsumi), transfers into his class, and much to Kairu's surprise, it is the same boy he had encountered before. Kairu tries to put the past behind him and keep their relationship a secret, but the brash Sora is not about to let go of love so easily.

Itsuka no Kimi E

Following in the footsteps of Boys Love and Sukitomo, Saito Takumi of Prince of Tennis Musical fame returns with another film about the ambiguities of friendship, brotherhood, and love. While his previous two films co-starred Kotani Yoshikazu and Aiba Hiroki, this time Saito Takumi, moving down the list of Prince of Tennis Musical graduates, teams up with Kawai Ryunosuke for director Horie Kei's Itsuka no Kimi e - Zutto Soba Ni Itehoshi. Fans can look forward to double the Takumi as he stars as twin brothers Noboru and Ryu. Older brother Noboru is a quiet and introverted photography student, while younger brother Ryu is energetic and outgoing. Noboru attracts the curiosity of classmate Kouhei (Kawai Ryunosuke), whose friendship with the brothers brings changes into their lives and relationships.

omg, so many movies!!! well, one that i really want to check out is the one with lee junki in it, i don't know i'm up for anything....just like bable, that's an awesome movie!!!!

Archived