►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest pulotpukyutan01

^ thanks for the info!

i've watched the YT vid for that...someone posted it in this thread...i just don't remember in which page...hehe..

oh! i'm so proud of bom! i've always loved her voice because it's unique and really powerful...she had notable problems with catching breaths though before with singing and dancing at the same time, or not even while dancing...but with their long rest, i hope she has worked on that...nevertheless, her voice is still UNDENIABLY powerful and most of all, one-of-a-kind...it's one of those voices you will say to yourself when you hear her even with eyes closed, "that's definitely bom."

on a side note: i'm not being biased but taeyang should have been higher than 27...and i'm a bit dismayed that daesung did not make it to the list too...i've NEVER heard a guy (korean to be exact) who WHISTLES, exactly like how mariah carey does...if you haven't heard daesung do it (but i know you do)...go to YT and watch their electric love tour...very, very impressive...

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pink<3

^ I know!

After i saw Taeyang on the list i was like they gotta have Daesung on the list too but sadly they didn't

I was so sad when they didn't have him too, he has such and beautiful voice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways I'm so pumped up for 2NE1's comeback

I'm also so excited to see their new looks

Only 2 more weeks to go

2NE1 fighting <3

Guest pulotpukyutan01

but i'm not saying either that the idols in the list are not deserving, i have heard most of them and they all have AMAZING voices...like gayoon (4minute), luna (fx), hyorin (Sistar)...for the first time, i actually found a list that is pretty credible...LOL! i just wished though (or was at least expecting) that daesung was there because he's really worthy to be on that list of 30 beautiful voices...hehe...

and regarding Bom's short hair...i don't mind her hair being (really) short or whatever color it is...but i'm wishing to see a difference in her hair because out of all the 2ne1 members, i think her hair had been the most "unchanged"--for the lack of a better word...LOL!

Guest itszmaeee

LOL I have officially come to a conclusion that our dear CL is not wearing a wig @ the Pink Play Concert. She had extensions on both sides of her head whereas her real 'blonde' hair is braided in the back. That's why she was wearing a hood to hide the extensions lmao. IDK about you guys, but I think Dara will probably have the most drastic hairstyle change than the rest of the three. I've been wondering why they had her "not all covered up" unlike BOMRINJI [sounds like gong minji pwahahaha. Anyways, here's what I'm talking about CL's hair.

12825494562010082316450.jpg

12825494562010082316451.jpg

12825494562010082316451.jpg

Guest Talesy

BLONDE HAIR for CL,red hair for bom.. what color is for minzy??

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs368.snc4/45110_420494511913_200768526913_4939780_4057588_n.jpg

im excited to see them perform their 3 new songs...

Did CL get dreadlocks for their comeback... ? If she did, then it seems like they'll be having a very different style. I want to see what concept they'll come up with !

Thank you for sharing that pic.

Guest babiiv214

The girls latest ETUDE CF!! <333!!!

Can't wait to watch it in HQ!!

the girls were all adorable in the CF~

I have noticed how their style is slowly becoming more feminine, or it's leaning towards it more,well 2NE1's definition of feminine and girly that is, LOL!

but of course it still remains it's unique fun fashion that the girls are known for~ :wub:

love Dara's dress on the CF especially her hair, it just looks really lovely on Goddess D~

Wish to see more of this hairstyle on her, :lol:

the girls during Pink Play Concert..aww.. it just made us all the more excited to see them once again!

The girls for sure miss performing as well

It feels great seeing them perform all those songs1 it's been awhile`

To see these ladies enjoy rippin' the stage and shows how they are having soo much fun as well.

here are some HQ Caps off the Interview since I really enjoyed watching it as well..

I can't wait for the girls new TV show! To see their antics and dorkiness again!

Bomie and her always bullying Dara, LOL! we can see a bit of that here, LOL!

Park sistaz, :wacko::phew:

are you sure you girls are the unnies? and not the maknaes? LOL!

ygs211008212ne1onkbsent.jpg

ygs211008212ne1onkbsentj.jpg

^ Dara gushing over how cute the girls are...

when even she looks adorable herself here! :lol:

ygs211008212ne1onkbsentq.jpg

credits as tagged + Ohdara.wordpress.com for more latest news and updates!! :P

Guest NV4ever

LOL dara looks like an adorable fangirl there gushing at CL's aegyo :lol: they're sooo kuteeee!!! and more chaera love for the new etude pic ^^ i love these girls's dorky moments hahaha

cant wait for 2NE1TV to be back~~ more epic moments like Bom's " dont touch my..." and the corn incident lmao ^o^

Bommie rank 2nd for BEST VOICE!!! congrats bomtaro~~ i totally agree, her voice is really unique

GO GO GO BOMTARO~!!

17 MORE DAYS TILL 09092010!!!

Guest itszmaeee

Trainer Hwang and Baby Min looks like father and daughter hahaahahah. Cute tho! And oh ^ please don't quote pictures. Against the rules maynn.

Guest itszmaeee

[100824][ARTICLE] 2NE1 has many female fans, but even still they get a lot of criticism?, warning: opinion article

WARNING: ARTICLE HIGHLY OPINIONATED. The article reflects the opinion and judgment of the author of hte article and not necessarily represents the opinions of the translator nor the members of YGL.

2NE1 has many female fans, but even still they get a lot of criticism?

Having many fans is really valuable for idols. And if the agency cannot hold onto them, then the group would not be able to survive the ruthless Korean Internet culture. It is often seen that the agency's activities for their groups causes several side effects and criticisms, but fans usually present various kinds of logical explanations and never confront the stars themselves. But these days that the internet is being such a popular avenue for fans of idol groups, controversial press articles and blogs have made several "should not be" and "this should be instead of" statements, broadcasting fans' thoughts to others.

When they back up their claims with logical arguments, who's to say that fans can't have influence? In various internet portals, fandoms are casting a wider influence, and also because of this, conflicts and criticisms of idol groups are being seen. A very notable example would be the group who would be making their comeback in the music industry, girl group 2NE1, who have many fans, but whose fandom is ridiculously conflicted, making them lose and gain fans all the time. 2NE1's success cannot be argued, and their songs are popular hits, but "although 2NE1 has many female fans, why does the fandom have so many arguments and conflicts?" the question is raised.

Many of the fans, whose ages vary, argue actively on the concept of the group, 2NE1. Because of their different concept, the group has many active female followers, but they argue on 2NE1's concept. A highly fashionable group, 2NE1 made their own concept during their activities, which was unlike the sexy concept ones that were then in the market, and refused to wear skimpy clothing, and instead made their own fashion. As a result, men, who are enthusiastic fans of the sexy concept, have shown little support, but on the other hand, they succeeded in winning over many women fans. And now that 2NE1's comeback was announced recently, more female fans have come to show their support.

At this point, I can't help but to feel a bit unpleasant. It's just that I really dislike seeing people dispute and pick out things that occurred in the past. Aside from this, seeing people insulting 2NE1 makes me feel even more unhappy. Where did the opinion that 'because they're known as a girl group with a lot of girl fans, they should get insulted' come from? Where on earth did the logic that girl groups should have a lot of male fans and male groups should have a lot of girl fans come from? I can't understand. I'm not a 2NE1 fan. However I really can't understand how 2NE1, who is earnestly working hard to be acknowledge for their skills is getting criticized instead.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20100823n08041

Translated by knucklepink & GEE @ ygladies.com

DO NOT REMOVE/EDIT CREDITS WHEN TAKING OUT

[100823][ARTICLE] 2NE1 boosts Bean Pole Jean sales by 30%

IRRELEVANT INFORMATION OMITTED

Naomi Campbell, Claudia Schiffer, Eva Herzigova, Louis Deruson (?), Gemma Ward….

These top models who can be recognized simply just from saying their name all have a common denominator. That is, they've all at some point been models for famous brand name jeans such as Guess, Levi's, etc. In this way, overseas brand names prefer that they be represented by actual models. However what is Korean jean brand marketing like?

On the 22nd, the results after examining 10 of the current Korean jean brands were that almost all of the brands used famous actors, or artists as their models. Brands that had utilized artists included Guess (Lee Hyori), Bean Pole Jean (2NE1), Clride (SHINee), GET USED (Brown Eyed Girls), and Evisu (U-Know Yunho). Brands that preferred to use actors include Calvin Klein (Shin Mina), Tommy Hilfiger (Kim Minhee), Buckaroo (Shin Sekyung), Jambaeng-i (Han Hyoju).

One representative from the fashion industry stated "The trends in the jean market were originally always changing, in particular, it would be strongly influenced by the fashion style of celebrities", "As a result, a condition has developed where 'if you don't use celebrities, you will fail.' "

An example of a brand that has experienced sales increases due to the use of celebrity models would be Bean Pole Jeans. In order to create the atmosphere of a top jean brand from the moment they launched in 2003, Bean Pole jeans utilized foreign models. However in the early part of last year, they used artist Son Dambi and starting from the summer, idol group 2NE1 became the models for Bean Pole. In particular, 2NE1's style matches well with Bean Pole Jean's target market of 18-24 year olds, and helped increase last year's sales as well as last season's sale by 30%.

Marketing team head Lee Hyewon had explained "Rather than the height or body of models, consumers in Korea are concerned with what type of clothes they coordinate them with, or whether those however famous celebrities wore those clothes", "Because of this effect, two months ago, we even beat the growth of authentic jean brand, Levi's.

Source: Nate

Translated by GEE @ ygladies.com

DO NOT REMOVE/EDIT CREDITS WHEN TAKING OUT.

[100821][FAM] Sandara Park reveals "Chundoong's Nickname is Dog-poop"

2NE1's Sandara Park reveals the nickname of her younger brother, MBLAQ member, Cheondoong and causes laughter.

On the episode of KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Relay Live' broadcasted on the 21st, Sandara Park made an appearance with the other members of 2NE1. On this day, 2NE1 did a filming for a make-up commercial of female celebrities dreaming.

On the scene, they met Sandara Park, who was asked during an interview by the VJ to say a greeting to Cheondoong. She opened her mouth and said "Gae-ddong-ah~ (Dog poop~)" and caused laughter. Afterwords she added "Since we were young, I called him dog poop", and "Gae-ddong-ah, stop chewing up my texts and reply", mixing her request with aegyo and drawing attention.

In addition, 2NE1's CL also caused laughter when she said "Sandara Park calls Cheondoong-sshi Gae-ddong and we call him Gae-ddong-sshi as well."

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20100821n06915

Translated by GEE @ ygladies.com

DO NOT REMOVE/EDIT CREDITS WHEN TAKING OUT

CL doesn't have dreadlocks lol. I think they braided her hair.

I seriously think Bom is going to have short hair and Minzy is

finally going to have long hair. I'm not sure what they're going

do with Dara though. But whatever the outcome I'm sure we'll be

surprised.

And also the girls are working hard filming the MV's so let's just be

a little more patient and wait for them. 2NE1 Fighting!

yeay blakjacks just a few more days to go!!!

but frst whe have 2ne1 tv comming out who's excited to see that???

i know i am.. i'm so nervous for them and the other groups who are promoting at the same time...

cuz 2ne1 is for sure gonna KILL all charts!!!! most def.

Guest kamie13

i don't think CL is going to have dreadlocks, too...hehe...maybe the picture just looked like it...

i'm looking forward to a long-haired minji! coz she always had it short...

and i'm also looking forward to a short-haired bom...since she always had it long...

LOL!

but what i'm really looking forward to are their music! i can't wait to hear something new from them! although i still find myself listening to their old songs...and i still don't get tired of them!

Archived