Kim Myung Min 김명민

Guest flyfany89

Guest S2KangTa

KMM might not be attractive at first..but as kdramafanusa said, once u've seen his work..u'll agree hes a great actor...., i started to like him after watching Bad Family XD dalgun's so cute lol...

then i watched White Tower w/ really poor english subs..oh man..it was totally worth it! that made me become a diehard KMM fan!!

FINALLY got to watch Open City,

i couldn't stop crying near the end !!!!

i expected a bit more from the movie, probably cuz i had really high hopes, but its not bad =D i enjoyed it a lot...especially the ending ><

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

* Kim Myung Min *

DOB: October 8, 1972

HEIGHT: 180cm

Official

Soompi

TV SERIES

White Tower (2007, MBC) K E Soompi

Bad Family (2006, SBS) K Soompi

The Immortal Yi Soon-shin (2004/2005, KBS1) K E Soompi

More Beautiful Than A Flower (2004, KBS) K E

Fathers And Sons

Kaist (SBS)

MOVIES

Open City (2008) K Soompi

Return (2007) K

Stunt Man (2004)

Into The Mirror (2003)

Sorum (2001)

AWARDS (partial listing)

Korea Visual Arts Festival 2005 - Most Photogenic Award newsen 2005-11-24

Grime Award 2005 - Best Actor (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2005-12-09 newsen 2005-12-08

KBS Drama Awards 2005 - Grand Prize (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2006-01-01

18th Producers Awards of Korea - Best Performer (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2006-02-28

SBS Drama Awards 2006 - Producer's Award (Bad Family)

43rd Baeksang Arts Awards (2007) - Best TV Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-04-25 (1) newsen 2007-04-25 (2)

Grime Award 2007 - Best Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-12-14

MBC Drama Awards 2007 - Top Excellence Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-12-30

20th Producers Awards of Korea [2008.02.28] - Best Performer (White Tower) newsen 2008-02-28

---

Korea Visual Arts Festival 2005 - Photogenic Award with Kim Sun-ah (My Name Is Kim Sam-soon)

2005112416305002723_1.jpg

[images=starnews]

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Mydaily 2008-04-07 14:45:09

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-shin" and four other historical dramas to launch in Japan

041823224695647550.jpg

Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-shin [image=Chosun]

KBS is planning to launch "Tears of the Dragon", "King and Rain", "The Age of Warriors", and "Immortal Admiral Yi Sun-shin" to Japan, and is having talks at a fair in Cannes in France, MIP TV 2008.

The usual dramas that launch in Japan have famous stars or are in the present times, so this is an unusual result. It broke the view that historical dramas are hard to export because of differing interpretations of the past.

The team leader of KBS Global Strategies said, "This proves that Japan is becoming more interested in Korea's historical dramas and our history. We expect the four dramas to continue the flow of Hallyu (Korean Wave) after "Winter Sonata"."

KBS also sold the documentary "Asian Corridor in Heaven" and the Insight Asia series "The Land of Man" to an Arab satellite TV station.

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Herald Media 2008.04.15.14:54

"Success power" Return of star directors (PDs)

200804150136.jpg

Lee Jae-gyoo, Lee Yoon-jeong drama comeback

There is great interest for the works of star producers, which will be coming out at the end of this year.

They say dramas are works of the writers but the power of the producers is also noticeable. Either they work with famous writers such as Kim Su-hyun and Noh Hee-kyeong, or they excel in one genre, such as Director Lee Byeong-hoon of MBC "Lee San".

The first work is Director Lee Jae-gyu's "Beethoven Virus".

This work, starring Kim Myeong-min and Lee Ji-ah, dreams of being the Korean "Nodame Cantabile". Director Lee has shown his skill through MBC "Damo" and SBS "Fashion 70s". For the past three years, he had been preparing various dramas but they did not work well and eventually chose "Beethoven Virus". Director Lee plans to tell the story of musicians who struggle after forming an orchestra.

Director Lee Yoon-jeong of MBC "Coffee Prince" also is preparing for a drama to release this year. Director Lee's "Triple" is the first national drama to have figure skating as a theme.

Director Lee has already earned praise for the 'Best Theater' four-part drama "Taereung National Village", a story about athletes.

These dramas are drawing more attention as they are comebacks of two young directors after hit productions. They also have new topics, such as a classical orchestra and figure skating. Writer Noh Hee-kyeong will be working with director Pyo Min-soo on a story about broadcasters.

just to let you all know where he is now ~ lol tomorrow he will be in japan for the White Tower promotion and the 2000 tix for the event had been snapped up

김명민, 20일 일본서 대규모 팬미팅

입력시간 : [2008-04-18 15:38]

http://starvod.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/m...538378131_s.wmv

연기자 김명민 씨가 일본 됴쿄에서 일본팬들과 첫 만남을 갖습니다.

김명민은 오는 20일, 〈하얀거탑〉 DVD 발매 기념 팬미팅에 참석할 예정인데요, 김명민은 드라마 〈하얀거탑〉과 영화 〈기담〉을 통해 일본 방송에서 엄청난 화제를 불러일으킨 바 있습니다.

주최 측은, "2000석 규모의 티켓이 발매되자마자 순식간에 예매됐다"며 "일본 팬들의 관심이 뜨겁다"고 전했습니다.

김명민이 주인공으로 활약했던 KBS드라마 〈불멸의 이순신〉 역시 일본 수출을 앞두고 있어, 김명민의 인기몰이는 계속될 전망입니다.

Guest kdramafanusa

just to let you all know where he is now ~ lol tomorrow he will be in japan for the White Tower promotion and the 2000 tix for the event had been snapped up

Thanks Shirley for the news. Hope to see pics of him at the event. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS Global 2008-04-21

Actor Kim Myung-min Attends First Fan Meeting in Japan

786738639364554088.jpg

[image=chosun]

Actor Kim Myung-min attended a fan meeting event in Japan for the first time.

Kim's management company K&Entertainment said the actor attended the fan meeting at the Nagano Sun Plaza in Tokyo on April 20. The fan meeting was organized to celebrate the official release of the DVD of "White Tower," a popular drama series in which Kim starred. Kim was accompanied by actor Lee Sun-kyun, among others.

Prior to the fan meeting, Kim held a press conference with Japanese reporters. After the fan meeting, the actor personally shook hands with his fans who attended the event.

"White Tower" is a popular Japanese drama series which was aired in Japan in 1978 and 2003. The drama was remade into a Korean version last year and became a big hit. Kim appeared in the drama as cool-headed surgeon Jang Jun-hyuk.

In the meantime, Kim has been cast in the brand new drama series on MBC TV "Beethoven Virus." He will take on the role of orchestra maestro Kang Gun-woo alongside new actress Lee Ji-ah, who rose to stardom through her performance in "The Story of the First King's Four Gods."

Guest calcifer

Hi Autumn 1! I came over here to paste the translation for the "White Tower" fan meet in Japan. I bet here Kim Myung Min's fans want to read about it more than the people that often come (is there any?) white tower thread. :P (sorry my korean actors' names are not clear...so spelling are all wrong, I think. )

- - - - - - - -

This is the translation. (it made me laugh haha)

May 20th from 5pm at the Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Drama “White Tower”’s fan meet was held for the memorial of DVD release. Mr Kim Myun Min and Lee Son gyn came over to Japan.

At first, Dr Jan’s speech. “Please turn off your cell phone during the operation”. This announcement that is like a mimic(?) of the drama made audience laugh. Kim Myun min and Lee Son gyn appeared suddenly to surprise them. From the very beginning, the delightful atmosphere wrapped the whole room. After they talked some happenings and memories about the episode while shooting, they talked about the private matters.

In the first stage, the very best scenes that two have chosen were introduced and the fans were staring at the screen. Kim Myun min talked about his son, and the best friend, Hong Gyu Min, Lee son gyon even brought some video tapes he made by his own. That is to introduce the path that he often walks and while walking on the path, he talked about himself. He introduced the places related to “White Tower” and “Coffee Prince #1”.

Also something that caught our eyes are the mount of gifts from the fans. Some were opened by their hands. Kim who saw Lee’s present, he said “isn’t it mine? It was supposed to be put in my area” lol he said a joke. They were so touched to see fan’s warm presents and in return, they sang the songs. They look like good friends together and what they sang together was “My Way” “Sorry we couldn’t practice enough”. But for the fans, it was most appreciated precious gift.

On that day, there was about 2000 fans, at the 2nd stage, there was a hand shaking event. The event became the best memorial moment for both of them and the fans.

Meanwhile, DVD “White Tower” will be released on May 9th.

Guest kdramafanusa

Hi Autumn 1! I came over here to paste the translation for the "White Tower" fan meet in Japan. I bet here Kim Myung Min's fans want to read about it more than the people that often come (is there any?) white tower thread. :P (sorry my korean actors' names are not clear...so spelling are all wrong, I think. )

- - - - - - - -

This is the translation. (it made me laugh haha)

Hi Calcifer, thank you so much for taking the time to translate the article Shirley posted for us. :)

Shirley was right, they sang at the event. :)

Guest calcifer

Hi Calcifer, thank you so much for taking the time to translate the article Shirley posted for us. :)

Shirley was right, they sang at the event. :)

You are welcome! oh sorry yeah, I had to say that the original text was posted by Ms Shirley on the White Tower thread. sorry I forgot to mention about that. :blush: :D

You are welcome! oh sorry yeah, I had to say that the original text was posted by Ms Shirley on the White Tower thread. sorry I forgot to mention about that. :blush: :D

thanks for the translation^ ^.. i will see if there are any clips of them singing lol...i think KMM favourite song is MY waY ..he always pick that song to sing at events ~~ i want to hear Dr CHoi singing with him too

Guest kdramafanusa

Calcifer, please don't apologize. We appreciate your translation a lot.

It was my fault, I thought I saw the article posted in this thread as well. Getting old & can't remember things properly. :)

I would scroll back in the future to be sure.

thanks for the translation^ ^.. i will see if there are any clips of them singing lol...i think KMM favourite song is MY waY ..he always pick that song to sing at events ~~ i want to hear Dr CHoi singing with him too

Shirley, thanks in advance. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

44th BaekSang Arts Awards (2008.04.24)

Kim Myung-min & Son Ye-jin present Best TV Actor & Actress Awards

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_5.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_6.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_7.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_8.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_9.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_2.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_3.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_4.jpg

Credit: as labeled, from KMM forum @DC

Guest kdramafanusa

44th BaekSang Arts Awards (2008.04.24)

Kim Myung-min & Son Ye-jin present Best TV Actor & Actress Awards

more captures (fom KMM forum @DC)

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_10.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_11.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_12.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_13.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_14.jpg

baeksang2008_kmm_syj_15.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Hankooki 2008/04/29 02:40:04

"Only for reality…" Imitation surgery and training

'Acting tutors' for actors who have professional roles

'Professional dramas' that show the world of professionals, such as reporters, entertainers, doctors, athletes, and music, are becoming a popular genre.

Last year's "Surgeon Bong Dal-hee" and "White Tower" and this year's "New Heart" and "On Air" are drawing popularity. "Spotlight" and "Beethoven Virus", which will show the daily life of a classical musician, is in production or awaiting broadcast.

Professional dramas easily attain high ratings even without great artistic elements, for it shows a world that viewers don't experience.

So it's picked as the best 'success chord'. But there is the pressure of training hat actors must go through to become like these professionals. How do actors acquire the skills to act like a true professional?

For "Spotlight", Ji Jin-hee had drinks with reporters all night and received 'tutoring' from them. To increase the reality of it, a producer who had been a reporter helped Ji Jin-hee and Son Ye-jin's acting.

Son Ye-jin said, "I'm not used to it, but I got to learn the way to ask a detective, 'Is there anything newsworthy?'" Son Ye-jin received tips to wear black clothes that woman reporters wear and to speak with a higher tone in her voice during broadcasts.

Kim Myeong-min, who appears as a classical music conductor in "Beethoven Virus", is receiving conducting lessons from a professional musician three times a week. He is almost memorizing the music and enjoying classical music.

Lee Beom-soo, who is playing a manager in "On Air", is famous for training hard to act like professional characters since the movie "Superstar Mr. Gam".

Lee Beom-soo had to play a left-handed pitcher, and months before filming, he held his chopsticks and wrote with his left hand. In "On Air", he bought a form-fitting suit worth 300 million won with his private money to look like a manager.

Kim Myeong-min, Jo Jae-hyeon, and Ji Seong, who acted as surgeons, all became experts at sewing after filming. Because Kim Myeong-min practiced sewing for many months, doctors said, "Your sewing skills are good enough for appendicitis". Jo Jae-hyeon and Ji Seong are famous for practicing surgery on pig's feet and pig's hearts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aaadramavr

If anyone has More Beautiful Than a Flower would you please consider uploading it somewhere? I have sooo been wanting to watch this. I only got to see a few episodes when it was on in So Cal Kim Myung Min was so good in this. I am sure that all his fans here and else where who missed this would welcome the chance to see it. If it is not permitted to ask then please delete. thank you much much much.

Archived