Kim Myung Min 김명민

Guest flyfany89

Kim Myung Min is returning as a doctor again ~ this time for the thriller movie RETURN premiering on 9 August 2007 ~ this movie been in the works since last year ~2006 ^

lposter038383.jpg

Titel : 리턴 Return

official site : http://www.return2007.co.kr/ (국내)

Main Cast : KIM Tae-woo, KIM Myung-min, KIM You-mi, YU Jun-sang, JUNG Yoo-suk

Preimer Date : 9 August 2007

Director : LEE Gyu-man (이규만 / )

Synopsis

Due to inadequate use of anesthetics, a young boy experiences "intra-operative awareness" during his own heart surgery, hearing every sound and movement of the procedure. From the scalpel slicing through his body and surgical saw cutting through his rib cage, he remains completely aware! Unable to respond from the muscle-relaxation used during his surgery, the little boy is severely traumatized from this horrific accident. As a result, the child ends up brutally murdering a young girl soon after the incident. The boy is placed in a mental institution. Several psychiatrists find interest in his case, and decide to utilize radical treatment methods in order to cure the child. Through the use of hypnotism, they succeed in sealing the part of the boy's memory, his past and the personality that spawned from it. With this success, the boy is given a second chance and is placed to lead a normal life in society. 20 years later, the man's childhood is once again unlocked from a series of events, and leads to a series of gruesome murders. On a mission to spread the same pain he suffered as a child, the killer becomes cruel yet clever. As the killing continues, each of the memories and the secrets that lie 20 years in the past are slowly revealed.

source from http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/

1_l.jpg

8_l.jpg

Trailer

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/MaxReturn_teaser_700k.wmv

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

son yejin and kim myung min will be his new movie together . the movie is call OPEN CITY :)

손예진, 영화 '무방비도시'서 김명민과 호흡

[마이데일리] 2007년 07월 16일(월) 오후 08:32 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

2007071620320043494_203406_0.jpg

[마이데일리 = 이규림 기자] 영화배우 손예진이 차기작 `무방비도시`에서 팜므파탈로 변신한다.

손예진은 7월 말 촬영을 시작하는 영화 `무방비도시`의 여주인공 `백장미`로 캐스팅 돼 치명적인 섹시함을 지닌 소매치기 보스로 분할 예정이다.

손예진이 맡은 백장미는 남자들이 모든 걸 희생해서라도 안고 싶어지는 섹시함과 조직을 키우기 위해서는 다른 조직과 목숨을 건 혈투마저 불사하는 베짱을 지닌 인물로 백장미는 극 중에서 광역수사대 형사 조대영과 이룰 수 없는 사랑에 빠져 갈등하게 된다.

손예진과 호흡을 맞추게 되는 조대영 역으로는 김명민이 캐스팅됐다.

`무방비도시`의 제작사인 쌈지 아이비젼영상사업단 측은 "손예진이 소매치기 조직의 보스라는 설정 상 실감나는 연기를 위해 고난도의 소매치기 동작을 비롯한 거친 액션을 특별 훈련하고 있다"고 전했다.

손예진은 SBS TV의 드라마 `연애 시대`를 마지막으로 휴식을 취해왔으며 드라마 `에이전트 제로`와 영화 `낙랑`에도 캐스팅 된 상태다.

[사진 = 마이데일리 사진 DB]

(이규림 기자 tako@mydaily.co.kr)

Guest wakeywakey

it seems like this thread is really empty! but i like Kim Myung Min! i wanted to watch White Tower..but no english subs. i loved him in Bad Family though lol. i dont know what his movie with Son Ye Jin is about but i love most of Son Ye Jin's movies! Shirley , please keep us updated!

it seems like this thread is really empty! but i like Kim Myung Min! i wanted to watch White Tower..but no english subs. i loved him in Bad Family though lol. i dont know what his movie with Son Ye Jin is about but i love most of Son Ye Jin's movies! Shirley , please keep us updated!

here a news from main page ~ and i think KMM role also has the tragedy of suffering from the hurt of being deserted by his mother when he was young ~

MONDAY JULY 16, 2007

By CindyW88

In this movie, SYJ plays the role “White Rose (백장미)” who is the boss of an international organization of pickpockets. “White Rose” uses her sexy and charming power to control men sacrificing for her assigned missions. KMM plays the detective Jo Dae Young (조대영) working for the investigation unit to catch “White Rose”. The representative of the production company “Samji Iverson Media Enterprise (쌈지아이비젼영상사업단)” states, “In order to present the real image of an immoral boss of pickpockets, Son Yeh Jin is currently receiving special training of actions.” The filming is scheduled to start around the end of July. SYJ’s previous drama was “Period of Love aka Lost in Love (SBS)”. KMM’s latest drama as “White Giant Tower (MBC)”. �

Guest aaadramavr

Hi, I totally agree with everyone. KMM is a terrific actor. I too noticed him in "More beautiful that a Flower" or "Beauty Beyond Expression" as it was called when I saw it. I started watching in the middle but KMM kept me watching. It was so touching when In-Chul told his mother that he was still waiting for Mi-Soo even though he knew that she was not coming. Does any one know where I can find this drama? It really was the one that attracted me to K-Dramas. He was so amazing and able to portray all of his emotions with so few words. So controlled in his acting that convey it all.

He really dose have something special about him as an actor. I next saw him in "The Immortal Lee Soon Shin" and I wasn't sure where I had seen his face ( hair, etc was different) but I knew I liked him. When I realized where is had seen him I sat up and said "Yes!" :w00t::lol: He was actually the only reason I was able to watch every single episode with anticipation. Such genuine passion, strength and dedication in that role that he totally won me over. His awards were really deserved. "Bad Family" was really laugh out loud funny and again he held the cast together and brought something very special to the drama.

"The White Tower" what can I say except it was great great and I am still in shock over it. Aaaaa..aaah KMM is such a powerful actor. I was so impressed i wrote my first post in that topic and now just my second post in this one. I really wish some fan subbers would sub that wonderful intensely emotional drama. Even though it is not usual romance or comedy or action, it was very interesting. I can't wait to see him in something else.

If any one knows where I can find More Beautiful than a flower please let me know. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest S2KangTa

i really wanna watch white tower!!! but must wait till exams are over to start ><full chinese subs FINALLY came out!!!

oh man.....can't wait to watch "return" and "open city" they both look realy good!!

TO : ALL KIM MYUNG MIN FANS

It was only recently that I’ve got to watch SBS’ Bad Family. And it is the first time that I got to watch Kim Myung Min. He is really, really a good actor especially in this comedy series (I bet he’s equally good in drama too). He is so talented and versatile, a very effective actor. Some say that making people laugh is sometimes even harder than making people cry. But KMM is so good in comedy, he has such perfect timing in delivering his lines ( and in comedy timing is everything), he is so perfect for the role of “Dal Gun.” He’s acting was so effective that most of his scenes made me laugh like crazy. And in his own special way he’s really very attractive. He has his own kind of “handsomeness” and “appeal.” :rolleyes: He has a nice combination of charm, cuteness, and ruggedness all in one. And even though in this series he has to wear suits (either grey or black) all throughout, he was still able to carry it well. His suits fit him perfectly, he’s tall, he’s fit, with no tummy bulge at all! He moves, walks in this rugged, sexy gangster way that is really cool ! as he tries to be intimidating. His comic style is effortless, so very natural, truly funny guy ! Of all the gangster characters I’ve watched he’s the cutest of all, hahahha! :lol: His character here is very endearing, one of the most unforgettable ones. Indeed he is good in drama too ( although I haven’t seen White Tower yet, it was in the news that he won BEST ACTOR at the 43rd Baeksang Arts Awards! ). To KMM you really deserve it, it’s about time. More success to you, more movies and more TV series !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest S2KangTa

i just finished exam and started watching white tower like mad!!! on epi 9 currently...OOOOOOOOOOOMGGG its so good....tense everywhere ><

jang joon hyuk's such a jerk though =_= but i still love kim myung min, superb acting!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest S2KangTa

ahhhh all these pictures are making me less impatient for the movie!!! can't wait till dec 2007!!! ~ that scene looks dramatic T.T.....

• 2 weeks later...

i just finished bad family and i am officially in love with kim myung min!! haha he's such a great actor and when he smiles or laughs he looks like a completely different person! lol anyways i will be coming back here to check up on him. that movie "Open City" sounds really exciting. can't wait for it to come out!

• 3 weeks later...

i thnk Open City has completed filming ~~^^ .shd be releasing by next year Jan

press confernece in Oct

20071112094513.138.0.jpg

captures from the movie .

M0020057_.jpg

there some news for KMM recently ..

200711071939391001_1.JPG

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200711071939391001

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1111&ext=na

firstly ..articles are on the year end drama awards especially for MBC drama award .highly likely Kim Myung Min will be a strong contender for the best actor category as well as for the Daesang ~ [sigh but they normally only award it to drama with high ratings but nevertheless .KMM still the best ! ]

===========

next is about his new *title* as the spokeman for a fair and clean upcoming presidential election .

24321_20170_2812.jpg =>ke this not the CF but the poster of open city

^^because of his image as a trustworthy person and also one who will make the right choice .he had been selected by the National Election Management Committee to be the spokeman . The CF ..both online and offline as well as wallposter will be distributed beginning from 10 Nov till 18 Dec (one day before the election )

KMM said that .being named as the spokeman for this campaign carries a great sense of responsibility .and he do feel some burden but he will try his utmost best to promote to the citizens the culture of a clean and fair election .

chinese news source : http://www.innolife.com/mlist.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=13707

this might be that CF

CF

Guest thunderbolt

Thank you for all the yummy pics, shirl. *muah!*

firstly ..articles are on the year end drama awards especially for MBC drama award .highly likely Kim Myung Min will be a strong contender for the best actor category as well as for the Daesang ~ [sigh but they normally only award it to drama with high ratings but nevertheless .KMM still the best ! ]

I'll scream if they award it to someone else. I agree with you... KMM is still the BEST! :wub:

Thank you for all the yummy pics, shirl. *muah!*

I'll scream if they award it to someone else. I agree with you... KMM is still the BEST! :wub:

^^lol scream . kek at BaekSang i did went OH YES!!!!

those people who didnt know what kmm is about .dont know what they are missing !

...at least MBC still have the heart to rem white tower which aire so early in the year .

here a very old MV of his with lee misook ^^ .

http://www.mediafire.com/?2l0x3tdj2lw

.and an article in chinese which was in our local mag this week . i try to translate later .i got to run now

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

Guest thunderbolt

here a very old MV of his with lee misook ^^ .

KMM in an MV with my favorite Lee Mi-sook. *faints* You're the best, shirl!! *muah!*

Just finished watching it. It's lovely. When was this? KMM looks so young and boyish in that short haircut - very, very nice.

Have you watched Immortal Lee Soon Shin? I'm wondering if I should get the 2-volume KBS English-subbed version which has been edited down to only 33 episodes. Will I miss a lot if I get this pared-down version? Imagine cutting 104 episodes down to 33!

Guest autumn1

Not sure if this has been posted or not. Anyway, here are some nice comments abt KMM.

이거 영어로 된거 한글로좀 바꿔주세요

나도 평가하기 00

alsxodid789

조회106 답변1

답변이 완료된 질문입니다. (2007-04-04 18:22 작성)

신고

Kim Myung-min today is seen as one of the best actors. Not only is Kim a great actor, but also he doesn´t have any enemies. He made his debut in 1996 on SBS. Kim was a less-known actor for a while, but the drama, "Immortal Lee Soon-shin" made him a star. Kim won the KBS Best Actor Award in 2005. Also in 2006, he won the SBS Producer Award.

Kim is a charismatic and powerful actor. Kim played the role of "Lee Soon-shin" in that drama. Viewers were impressed by his acting skills. Kim acts as if he is the character itself in a drama. Many viewers wrote on a message board, "Kim´s acting skills make me wonder if Kim is really Lee Soon-shin." Kim´s charismatic acting skills shined again in the drama "The Great White Tower ("Hayan Geotap")" in 2007.

In "The Great White Tower," Kim was the ambitious head of the department of surgery. It was Korea´s first non-soap opera to have good TV ratings. Although Kim has gained a lot of popularity, he is humble and has good personality. Now, Kim became the box-office certified check when it comes to drama.

감사내공 10 더드릴게요.. .부탁드려요

다 안하셔도 되니까 웬만큼만..

thanks for the cap and also for the comments posted

sorry i was late abt the translation . i hope this helps ..--;; i tried my best to translate it .. OHH btw the White Tower had been voted as the top of BEST DRAMA of the year by professional journalist ..^^and among the top ten drama i think MBC The Time of Dog and Wolf, Coffee prince , Que Sera Sera was among the best dramas .

.and an article in chinese which was in our local mag this week . i try to translate later .i got to run now

1. When you decided to accept the role in White Tower, did you make reference to the japanese version 's filming and acting style ? What you opinion on Karasawa Toshiaki 's performance ?

Before i decided to join the project of the korean version " White Tower" , i have watched the japanese version several times.

I feel the japanese White Tower production is excellent , and performance by Karasawa Toshiaki was realistic and vivid .But when i filming the korean version , i did not use his performance as a reference

2. Q. When you protrary the role of Jang joon hyeok , did you deliberately approach the role differently from that of Karasawa Toshiaki's ? What do you think is the major difference between the japanese and korean vesion ?

When i was acting in the korean version of white tower, i keep thinking of Karasawa Toshiaki 's scenes , and felt very confused. So , i must turned myself into Jang joon hyeok in the korean drama .

If let's say , Karasawa Toshiaki protray a "Soft Guy" who was in dilemna faced with temptations of all kinds of desires

then i am the "Hard Guy" who never hestitate to move forward in pursuit of power . The korean version is more fast paced then the japan vesion too .

3. Q . What personality do you have in common with Jang joon hyeok ?

In the drama , Jang joon hyeok think that his friend Choi Do Young is a doctor with excellent skills. That is why he hope to receive his recognition . I too am like Jang joon hyeok . hoping to gain professional recoginition from actors i admired.

4. Q In this year 43th Baek Sang Award, you won the best actor award ( drama serial category ) for your excellent performance in the drama . How signifiance is this award to you ? Are you an actor who yearns for recognition in form of award ?

I am very happy that the viewers think that i have sucessfully turned from " Lee Soon-shin" to beome "Jang joon hyeok" . Though diffferent projects, actors will let viewers feel they are what they protrayed in their role , being able to do that already make me feel very lucky .

5. Q Is White Tower your most satisfactory project till date ? Why ? Did it changes your views or admiration of doctors ?

Yes. White Tower is indeed one of my best work . And it also make me have great admiration for the profession of doctors .

I feel that doctors are the most difficult job as they can cure patients yet mentially they had to face very great pressure.

6. During filming of White Tower, what are the most difficult problems you faced ? Is it the usage of medicial terms and the way to hold the scalpel ? what mistakes did you make ?

I was casted in White Tower after i have finished the movie THe RETURN . In the movie , i also play the role of a surgeon . Therefore , taking on White Tower, i did not feel extremely difficult . To protray the role of a surgeon, i did went to visit the surgeon department of the hospital . During the interview , i will record the entire process.And when i go home , i will repeatly practise it watching the video tapes.

When there are liines that i cant understand , i will seek the advice of the doctors directly . For me , the medicial terms used by doctors was indeed diffcult. So i could only memorise it .There was a surgerical operation scene which took me 21 hours to complete fiming . After that , the doctors told me , that my performance at that time was very realistic

7. Among the actors you have worked with , who give you the deepest impression ? Why ?

All the actor in White Tower are excellent . Among them , Mr Cha In pyo acting give me the deepest impression . Because , i never will think that he will accept a supporting role in White Tower. CHa IN Pyo was in the role of Jang joon hyeok's rival , Noh Minguk, his performance was great.

8. From the filming of White tower till its boardcast , what do you think was your greatest rewards ? Did it open the gates of overseas market for you ?

White Tower is my most satisfactory work after Admiral Lee, and is the project which i have heard alot of good reviews. The biggest rewards probably will be that i have received more viewers's concern /attention. But as to if it open the gate of oveseas market , that i do not know . haha .^^

9. Q: This year , your newest movie project is Open City costaring with Son Yejin .

Can you talk about your role and also how do you feel working with Son yejin ?

i play the role of a police officer . Because of my identity as the direct investigator incharge, my love with Baek Jang Mi , the head of pickpocket organsation cannot be realise, hence i was heartbroken . and also my own mother is the legenderary pickpocket. i have to handcuffed my own mother . It is a character with alot of dilemnas .

Though this is my first time working with Son yejin , but we felt like we know each other for very long time . We enjoy working together

Archived