[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

thanks for the subs wiredbox! (and WITHS2 team members if any of you are reading)!! And thanks to joynara for the excellent recap of ep 16!

loved the caps so hye yeon--that was one of my favorite scenes of the last episode. HJ has such a gentle and merciful side to him. I personally hope that they don't kill off KSH, and instead focus the drama around her next season. Wouldn't it be cool if she joined NSS and then had her own romance/adventure? She has one of the coolest characters in the drama and she would be a great leading lady!

I add my HUGE thanks to all the fan subbers, too! We couldn't enjoy this drama without you!

As for KSHwa, I'd love to see her and Park Chul Young join an international anti-IRIS team and continue rooting out and fighting that secret [evil] organization! I agree, she'd be a great leading lady, and PCY is also SOOO cool, would love to see more of his character, too!

Just watched episode 15 with the subs (thanks again to wiredbox!) and OMG, WHAT is the deal with IRIS and CSH? Why is she so important to them that they're risking EVERYTHING to find her and protect her? Clearly she's not just an NSS profiler, there has to be more to it! BS, SW, all of their security henchmen, Mr Black (whoever that is) they're all more focused on finding and protecting her (obviously to keep her from being one of the victims of the nuclear attack) than they are on anything else. I hope they reveal this connection soon, the suspense is killing me!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ep16 subs out!

http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/3941734-post4.html

can anyone merge the subs and sync it with ep16 HAN rip?

Not sure if its ok to post the link here but I synced it to the Han 720p, if you want it you can pm me. I still support wiredbox and withs2 and watch it with those subs, so thank you to both. But still happy that this drama gets a lot of love from subbers :)

Guest joynara

Just watched episode 15 with the subs (thanks again to wiredbox!) and OMG, WHAT is the deal with IRIS and CSH? Why is she so important to them that they're risking EVERYTHING to find her and protect her? Clearly she's not just an NSS profiler, there has to be more to it! BS, SW, all of their security henchmen, Mr Black (whoever that is) they're all more focused on finding and protecting her (obviously to keep her from being one of the victims of the nuclear attack) than they are on anything else. I hope they reveal this connection soon, the suspense is killing me!

They're not subtle about it, are they? It's practically raining anvils the next big reveal has to do with SeungHee. It's no secret how SaWoo feels about SeungHee, irregardless of the big reveal (though I suppose the next questions may be 1) whether he knows what it is, 2) whether he knew before or after he joined IRIS, and 3) whether it affected his decision to join the organization. But Kim YoungChul (Baek San) seems to play his scenes with KTH as father-esque on purpose even though TPTB ruled out they're father & daughter, which suggests SeungHee represents nonetheless something of a personal stake for Baek San, whatever that might be.

As for Mr Black, the PTB say he will reveal himself in ep. 20, and it's nobody we know, like how Mr Voice was entirely a new character.

Of course, there's the teensiest possibility they're lying through their teeth re: Baek San & SH not being blood-related or Mr Black's identity.

After all, they lied about actor Kim GapSu being the voice for Dr Yoo JungHoon. But that was rather exceptional in that they were caught off guard by the viewers catching on too quickly who the actor was once they heard his voice in ep. 6 (the first time HJ calls Mr Voice), when they wanted to keep it under wraps until ep. 12. And they only kept the pretense for about a week or so; they ended up acknowledging to one of their media sources fairly soon after speculation was out it was KGS.

In this case, it doesn't sound like they're lying at all.

I'm wondering who could have inform IRIS about the CoS coming to arrest General Yeon??? Do you think it's the President's secretary??? But didn't the CoS suspect that she may be a member of Iris?

Doesn't mean she couldn't have overheard or bugged the office or whatever. The whole point of Yeon's assassination, among other things, seems to be that IRIS's reach is wide & deep & there's very little it doesn't know or can't do, kinda like Big Brother.

They're not subtle about it, are they? It's practically raining anvils the next big reveal has to do with SeungHee. It's no secret how SaWoo feels about SeungHee, irregardless of the big reveal (though I suppose the next questions may be 1) whether he knows what it is, 2) whether he knew before or after he joined IRIS, and 3) whether it affected his decision to join the organization. But Kim YoungChul (Baek San) seems to play his scenes with KTH as father-esque on purpose even though TPTB ruled out they're father & daughter, which suggests SeungHee represents nonetheless something of a personal stake for Baek San, whatever that might be.

Doesn't mean she couldn't have overheard or bugged the office or whatever. The whole point of Yeon's assassination, among other things, seems to be that IRIS's reach is wide & deep & there's very little it doesn't know or can't do, kinda like Big Brother.

no, not subtle at all! the way everything they're doing revolves around CSH, something is up! and you bring up a good point, whatever CSH's connection to IRIS is, did SW know about it before he joined? did that play a part in him working for IRIS? my feeling about BS is that he's kind of the bodyguard to CSH.

oooh, and ya, I agree that we have yet to learn how much IRIS has infiltrated NSS and the government!

Guest badhairday8

Do you guys think that CSH is the decendant of a top IRIS member? ... (But of course she doesn't know it)...

it's kind of like Da Vinci Code where they are trying to protect the "holy grail" and the lead actress didn't know about her own identity (I hope I didn't spill too much for those who haven't seen Da Vinci Code).

Do you guys think that CSH is the decendant of a top IRIS member? ... (But of course she doesn't know it)...

it's possible, but wouldn't that be kind of TOO bizarre?

plus, from what we've seen of IRIS, they don't seem like the kind of people who would risk all of their plans for one person, regardless of who they're related to. if it turns out to be something like that I think I'll be disappointed. but there must be SOMEthing going on! maybe she's a "sleeper" agent! an IRIS member who's been brainwashed to think she's something else until the right moment...ahhah! OK, now my imagination is running crazy!

Guest Lilazinprincess

Just a little summary from the article that joynara posted earlier, it says that only the script for episodes 18 is finished. Episodes 19 and 20 are still in the works. The writer emphasized that the ending will not go in a completely odd direction. There are currently many possible endings and it is likely that they will choose the one with Season 2 in mind. Even when the trailer for episode 19 is released, no info about the ending will be released.

--------------------------

Can you imagine how much work the actors have to put into memorizing? They barely have enough time to film! Now it seems like they barely have enough time to memorize their lines!

Hi everyone! I hope I'm not repeating what has already been spoken of here:

As I've been watching this drama, I've been wondering why Sa Woo continues to

side with Baek San even though it seems he knows what's going on. It seems he is

more deepy connected with the organization than we see (like how he knows of

Iris?).

Any thoughts?

I've been watching IRIS from the start and find the story lines very similar to the American TV show 24. That's why some things are predictable.

My guess of the debate whether CSH is a part of IRIS, I don't think she is. Nor do I think she has a blood-connection to BS. I think when she was kept captive by the terrorist, the only reason why BS asked for her to be released is because if she did die, I think SW would go out of his way to reveal BS's plan and IRIS, even possibly risking his life.

Guest Lilazinprincess

I've been watching IRIS from the start and find the story lines very similar to the American TV show 24. That's why some things are predictable.

My guess of the debate whether CSH is a part of IRIS, I don't think she is. Nor do I think she has a blood-connection to BS. I think when she was kept captive by the terrorist, the only reason why BS asked for her to be released is because if she did die, I think SW would go out of his way to reveal BS's plan and IRIS, even possibly risking his life.

BS doesn't care about SW. He can eliminate him just like IRIS eliminated Yoon Ge Eun

Guest Shannice

I also think CSH is tie up with IRIS and will they even reveal the Boss well Mr. Black in Season 1? I'm sort of confused about the making of Season 2. Is Season 2 going to be a continuation from Season 1? If so, and then the end of Season 1 won't reveal much... But this is why you gotta love IRIS because its so unpredictable.

Guest ash-lee

^$###! omg, my butt is at the tip of my chair right now! ahhhhh, i'm dyinggg for episode 17 now ):

damn, it was so intense. LAVEEEE it

Guest beauwhale

i agree that ep 16 was intense. I was so curious about ep 17. I dont like the idea of making the 2nd season because as i saw too many korean series, if it does have 2nd season, it would not be as good as the previous one. I made me disappointed. I hope IRIS does not follow that route.

Guest knightkiss

Although I wouldn't mind HJ to get together with SunHwa.. I am already too invested in HJ/CSH coupling. I hope it's a happy ending for everyone.. even Sunhwa.

Im actually hoping that its going to be HJ and KSH in the end but of course, I guess it has to be HJ and CSH.

Looks so awesome! I want to get one

Can anyone tell me where to find the novel version of Iris? I kinda wanna read it haha...

Me too!

Honestly I'd think the PTB should just totally get rid of season 2 from their mind now. They should just focus on season 1. They already ruled out about LBH/KTH/ and other actors/actresses gonna be in season 2 so I'd think that if they want season 2, they should create a completely different story.

For now they should just focus on what's the best in giving closure for all the characters.

About CSH and Baek San... I think there's a particular relationship between them but I myself dont' think it's father and daughter relationship. It will be too typical and I guess with Iris they always want to suprise the audience

Guest pan2cute

wow.. thanks wiredbox for the subbed~

omg, this drama bcome more and more exciting!!

i think season 2 is really needed~ since there are a lot of mystery behind iris..

but if the actor change, they must choose carefully..

since LBH have a great impact on this drama~

curious who will be the next actor!!

Guest aimalleb

Honestly I'd think the PTB should just totally get rid of season 2 from their mind now. They should just focus on season 1. They already ruled out about LBH/KTH/ and other actors/actresses gonna be in season 2 so I'd think that if they want season 2, they should create a completely different story.

For now they should just focus on what's the best in giving closure for all the characters.

About CSH and Baek San... I think there's a particular relationship between them but I myself dont' think it's father and daughter relationship. It will be too typical and I guess with Iris they always want to suprise the audience

The premise is already established, and likely IRIS (the organization) will continue to be a part of next season's plot development. I'm sure that HJ can save Seoul from a terrorist attack and prevent a full-scale war between the North and South in the upcoming episodes; however, I highly doubt that a strong, deeply-rooted organization, such as Iris can be destroyed and disappeared at the end of this chapter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't read anything that says the storyline in season II will be a continuation of this season. For all we know, season II can have a completely different story and characters. Thus, even if some of the casts get replaced, the audience is already familiarized with the organization, IRIS; and perhaps this might be the reason why the producers decide to keep the name.

Archived