Yamapi Mobbed By 1,000 Korean Fans In The Airport

Guest Shiget^

It's true. Japanese fans are scarily "well-trained".

When their idol asks them to quiet down, the whole room goes silent.

Even during J-rock concerts. I was AMAZED.

It was ABSOLUTE OBEDIENCE.

yea.. well i said this in another thread.. but..

I remember in a BoA documentary, she was in Tokyo with a Korean interviewer (host?)

And she had already gotten her popularity and fame in Japan.

But when she was walking the streets, or standing at a food stand, people would just stand behind this invisible line and watch her from a distance. Its like they wouldn't dare come near her.. Talk about personal space!

The host was like ..whoa...^^

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's true. Japanese fans are scarily "well-trained".

When their idol asks them to quiet down, the whole room goes silent.

Even during J-rock concerts. I was AMAZED.

It was ABSOLUTE OBEDIENCE.

yehh that is soo true!

i remember when i was watching alice nine and gazette live concerts.. wow the audience was just really respectful and they know when to be quiet and stuff. Honestly, i wouldnt be able to be so calm and quiet like them!

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

^ i think its just the japanese cultural background and their mannerism etc etc.

it makes the idol's life so much easier though, doesnt it?

Guest jasmine_korea

WOW..!! well i'm more towards the korean fans i mean yeah it's crazy to do that ..ok i wouldn't pull out my idol's hair XD but japanese fans are really quite and stuff ^^ they are patient..LOL..i can never stop and just look at my idol and be like wow.i shouln't go close..i will just FAINT..haha

It's cute how they're so considerate.

I remember there was this adorable little girl who was a huge Yamapi fan and she got to meet him... she was so sweet and even though she couldn't ask for a hug or even an autograph, she was so happy to be able to stand near him and shake his hand.

The reporter was like, "Is there anything else you'd like to say to him? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

Little girl : "Can I shake your hand again?"

I was like, awwwww.

I mean, children aren't exactly known for having self-control.

& omg, I remember the time Linkin Park had a concert in Japan.

There were Japanese fans surrounding their tour bus just staring at them.

Not screaming or anything, but just quietly staring at them through the windows.

One of the guys, I forgot which one, couldn't bear to pull the shade down lmao.

I remember in a BoA documentary, she was in Tokyo with a Korean interviewer (host?)

But when she was walking the streets, or standing at a food stand, people would just stand behind this invisible line and watch her from a distance. Its like they wouldn't dare come near her.. Talk about personal space!

Guest fobbiyo

Dang, I don't know if I should be happy for Yamapi for having that many fans to greet him in Korea, OR feel sorry for him because he's on a "private" tip and he's getting harassed like that.

Poor guy....

^ host was "whoa" :lol:... kinda wish korean fans can control themselves a little (i'm only saying that cuz korea is small country, there's only so many places a star can go. it'd be good if stars/celebs/singers can feel comfortable in their own country during their off time without facing a mob...)

& omg, I remember the time Linkin Park had a concert in Japan.

There were Japanese fans surrounding their tour bus just staring at them.

Not screaming or anything, but just quietly staring at them through the windows.

One of the guys, I forgot which one, couldn't bear to pull the shade down lmao.

^ :lol:

heh... talk about differences in fan "culture." even by american "standards" that's pretty different and kinda cool at the same time, i think. really gives the celeb/singers some personal space.

Guest nelly

well, not all japanese fans are nice. I remember when kat-tun and kanjani8 had a concert in Nagoya, that was hell. Fans were so rude, talking and not listening to the mc session, screaming at kame to go to hell and die. I think they're called yarakashis or something like that. They're like the crazy ones, stalking the idols and stuff.

well, not all japanese fans are nice. I remember when kat-tun and kanjani8 had a concert in Nagoya, that was hell. Fans were so rude, talking and not listening to the mc session, screaming at kame to go to hell and die. I think they're called yarakashis or something like that. They're like the crazy ones, stalking the idols and stuff.

Yeah, it's not like there aren't crazy fans in Japan... during a Miyavi concert, while he was greeting his fans, some of them tried to unzip his pants and cop a feel lol.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

oh wow that crazy...

he probably didnt know what it feel like before..

japanese fans dont dare to any of that to say the least..

i hope he get his things back, and the girls who stole it have some sense

to give it back to him without flashing it on the internet first

Guest ZhoEe_cyGnEt

yay...Pi is really famous!huh?..

poor HOTTIE...lol

but he's also really nice..helping a fan??..so cool!!

YAMAPI 4ever!!! :wub: :wub:

Guest HanMai

yepp i can rmb that, yarakashis is so scary and poor kame chan

for pi chan case, i think he went by private and his info wasn't leak out but it's okie that he happy with a trip there. i know how excited Korean fan was, however they should be in the rule, not crazy like this.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Can you tell me what happened? I read that was the reason why Nagoya was left off the list for their next tour or something, but what happened?

I agree with people's comments regarding the difference between Korean and Japanese fans.

I was a DBSK fan first and it annoyed the hell out of me when I watched their live performance and hear chants from the audience. I mean, it's great that there's fan unity, but it can get annoying.

Japanese fans just seem more respectful of their idols and Johnny's rules also keep them safe: can't accept gifts from fans (only fanletters), can't take pictures w/ fans (only autographs), etc...

well ... call that a true-blood gentleman!! i mean they were actually hurting him and yet he understands that the fans can't help themselves ... even helps a fan ... and then hoping in his site that no fan was hurt!! wow! he is so great!! i am a fan forever!! :)

i guess it is understandable the way the korean fans acted (although not really forgivable since they kind-of hurt him) ... maybe they were just so excited to see him ... who wouldn't, right???

Archived