wow, historical dramas are so IN

I wonder what the next hot topic will be o.o;;

fantasy? That would be cool... xD

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cerise

The is news that Yoo Ah-in 유아인 is to join the cast too. He's in the upcoming movie Antique Bakery co-starring Ju Ji Hun.

유아인, 에릭의 상대역으로 안방극장 2년 4개월만에 복귀

200804070348.jpg

배우 유아인이 에릭의 상대역으로 TV 드라마에 복귀한다.

유아인은 6월9일 첫 방송되는 KBS 2TV 월화미니시리즈 ‘최강칠우’(극본 배군철, 연출 박민영)에 주연 급으로 발탁, 이 드라마의 주인공인 에릭(본명 문정혁)과 호흡을 맞추게 됐다.

유아인의 안방극장 컴백은 청소년 드라마 ‘반올림’ 이후 2년4개월 만이다.

퓨전 무협 사극을 표방하는 ‘최강칠우’에서 유아인이 맡은 역할은 자객 흑산. 그는 이 드라마를 통해 ‘반올림’을 비롯한 과거 작품에서 선보인 섬세한 소년 이미지에서 탈피, 성인 연기자로서 새로운 면모를 과시할 계획이다.

‘최강칠우’는 에릭의 군 입대 전 마지막 작품으로 방영 전부터 화제를 모으고 있는 드라마. 에릭은 여기서 의금부 졸개이자 밤에는 자객으로 변신하는 타이틀 롤인 ‘칠우’ 역을 맡았다. 관계자에 따르면 이 드라마는 일본 아사히TV에 선 판매돼 올 가을 일본 전역에 방영될 예정이다.

‘반올림’으로 스타덤에 오른 유아인은 2007년 영화 ‘우리에게 내일은 없다’로 부산영화평론가협회상 신인남우 상을 수상, 배우로서 성장 가능성을 인정받았다. 최근에는 영화 ‘서양골동양과자점 앤티크’에 주지훈과 함께 공동 주연을 맡았다.

donga.com

Guest Hanjae

^ Yeah, I'd love to see Lee Da Hae in an ancient drama.. if she was to pair up with Eric, it'd be perfect for me! :w00t::wub:

I like HJM too.. but I wasn't WOWed by their last project Invisible Parachute.. the storyline totally butchered everything.. even their chemistry or compatibility couldn't salvage the drama. (HJM had better chemistry with KJH..hehehe..:lol:)

Actually I'd also love to see Eric pair up with Han Ji Hye again.. I absolutely loved their chemistry in their banjun dramas. I thought Eric and HJH had the best chemistry.. but again, too bad HJH's pre-occupied with her daily drama now. Don't think she'd be a possible candidate..

Who else? Hmmm...let me think..

What about Ha Ji Won? She's been in enough ancient dramas to pull off the ancient look..

Lee Da Hae in a proper ancient drama would be great. She's a terrific actress, so I'm sure she can pull off any role (and we know she looks good in hanboks since she was in them half the time during Hello! Miss :D

I'm still sad that "Wolf" was cancelled, because it looks like it'd be a better quality drama than Invisible Parachute Agent~ Particularly with the addition of Uhm Tae Woong; two actors that HJM's previously acted with! But as o-cha said, HJM's still working on Yi San, isn't she? It won't finish airing until June, and she's not going to transfer herself directly onto the Choi Kang Chil Woo set, so it's highly unlikely it's going to be her. Such a shame, would've liked to see her with Eric again.

I've never seen the Han Ji Hye/Eric banjun dramas, but I HAVE seen the Eric/Chae Rim. That one was cute, but yet again, Chae Rim's tied up with Powerful Opponents. Ha Ji Won would be awesome in another ancient drama, but I'm having a hard time imagining how they'd convince such a big name A-list actress to appear in a small-scale, small-screen project like this. Yoon Eun Hye, I think would be better left for trendy idol dramas. Are there ANY actresses free this season? :sweatingbullets:

Guest ripgal

I've never seen the Han Ji Hye/Eric banjun dramas, but I HAVE seen the Eric/Chae Rim. That one was cute, but yet again, Chae Rim's tied up with Powerful Opponents. Ha Ji Won would be awesome in another ancient drama, but I'm having a hard time imagining how they'd convince such a big name A-list actress to appear in a small-scale, small-screen project like this. Yoon Eun Hye, I think would be better left for trendy idol dramas. Are there ANY actresses free this season? :sweatingbullets:

You SHOULD watch Eric's banjuns with Han Ji Hye. I think there were about 4 or 5 of them? You can stream them w/ Eng subs in Youtube.. Trust me...you will be amazed how good they look together.. sparks were flying everywhere. :wub: But again, that's just my wish cos HJH's busy with her daily drama..

Another actress who hasn't been on the small screen for a LONG LONG time - Song Hye Kyo!

Guest ericmania

The is news that Yoo Ah-in 유아인 is to join the cast too. He's in the upcoming movie Antique Bakery co-starring Ju Ji Hun.

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200804/200804070348.jpg

유아인은 6월9일 첫 방송되는 KBS 2TV 월화미니시리즈 ‘최강칠우’(극본 배군철, 연출 박민영)에 주연 급으로 발탁, 이 드라마의 주인공인 에릭(본명 문정혁)과 호흡을 맞추게 됐다.

퓨전 무협 사극을 표방하는 ‘최강칠우’에서 유아인이 맡은 역할은 자객 흑산. 그는 이 드라마를 통해 ‘반올림’을 비롯한 과거 작품에서 선보인 섬세한 소년 이미지에서 탈피, 성인 연기자로서 새로운 면모를 과시할 계획이다.

‘최강칠우’는 에릭의 군 입대 전 마지막 작품으로 방영 전부터 화제를 모으고 있는 드라마. 에릭은 여기서 의금부 졸개이자 밤에는 자객으로 변신하는 타이틀 롤인 ‘칠우’ 역을 맡았다. 관계자에 따르면 이 드라마는 일본 아사히TV에 선 판매돼 올 가을 일본 전역에 방영될 예정이다.

‘반올림’으로 스타덤에 오른 유아인은 2007년 영화 ‘우리에게 내일은 없다’로 부산영화평론가협회상 신인남우 상을 수상, 배우로서 성장 가능성을 인정받았다. 최근에는 영화 ‘서양골동양과자점 앤티크’에 주지훈과 함께 공동 주연을 맡았다.

donga.com

Thank you so much for news.now ,I'm exciting about female lead so much.eric will begins shooting on mid May.

‘최강칠우’는 에릭의 군 입대 전 마지막 작품으로 방영 전부터 화제를 모으고 있는 드라마. 에릭은 여기서 의금부 졸개이자 밤에는 자객으로 변신E하는 타이틀 롤인 ‘칠우’ 역을 맡았다. 관계자에 따르면 이 드라마는 일본 아사히TV에 선 판매돼 올 가을 일본 전역에 방영될 예정이다.

donga.com

Could someone please translate this article?

Eric starts filming in mid May? I thought it's April but if they haven't get the lead actress then the filming would be delay. That's okay as Eric would have some time to rest his bad back.

Lee Da Hae & Ha Ji Won would be another good choices as well. I keep rooting for Yoon Eun Hye (mission impossible...!) as Eric and her had very good chemistry in X-Men's "love triangle" (the caramel sweet......). She's a good actress and also looks good in period costume (Goong's days).

Regardless of who will get the roll, I really hope they would get some one compatible with Eric. Hate to see another disappointment in casting for lead actress as in QSS.

Guest ericmania

Eric starts filming in mid May? I thought it's April but if they haven't get the lead actress then the filming would be delay. That's okay as Eric would have some time to rest his bad back.

Lee Da Hae & Ha Ji Won would be another good choices as well. I keep rooting for Yoon Eun Hye (mission impossible...!) as Eric and her had very good chemistry in X-Men's "love triangle" (the caramel sweet......). She's a good actress and also looks good in period costume (Goong's days).

Regardless of who will get the roll, I really hope they would get some one compatible with Eric. Hate to see another disappointment in casting for lead actress as in QSS.

yeah.in original schedule will shooting in mid Apirl but if they don't get female lead maybe will delay will be mid May.

Guest valmylove

ah speculating about the lead actress??

I am in for YEH because of their chemistry in xman and almost in QSS!!

otherwises, I am fine with the others mentioned too!

Can't wait!!!

Guest Happy_Day

I hope this is a REAL saegeuk historical drama, not the weird ridiculous ones. Like King and I, or HongGilDong - UGH! I'm not a huge fan of Eric, but he's actually a pretty good actor.

They should go with an unknown actress as the female lead. Too many popular ones have been disappointin' lately.

From the brief description of the plot, it sounds like a saegeuk with a comedy flare to it. I doubt it will stay too closely to the traditional saegeuk drama.

Don't know how much comedy this drama is but one thing for sure, Eric is very good at this stuffs. Can't wait for it to start......

Guest ericmania

Who can translate this news about female lead in drama?

서우, 에릭에게 적극적 구애 ‘최강칠우’ 캐스팅 확정

20080410081931680e7_082807_0.jpg

뉴스엔 이현우 기자]

신예 서우(20)가 아이돌 그룹 빅뱅에 이어 그룹 신화의 에릭과 호흡을 맞춘다.

2007년 빙과류 '옥메와까' 광고를 시작으로 온라인 게임 티크루, 그리고 의류브랜드 NII 모델로서 인기 그룹 빅뱅과 나란히 호흡을 맞춰 화제가 된 서우는 올해 초 박찬욱 감독이 제작하는 영화 '홍당무'에서 주인공을 맡은 데 이어서 6월에 방영할 예정인 KBS 2TV 20부작 미니시리즈 '최강칠우'(가제, 극본 백운철 / 연출 박만영)에 캐스팅되는 행운을 차지했다.

에릭이 타이틀 롤을 맡은 '최강칠우'는 조선시대를 배경으로 한 판타지 무협 드라마로 낮에는 의금부 최하층 하급관리로 일하지만 밤이 되면 최강의 자객으로 깜짝 변신해 악의 축들을 차례차례 처단하는 남자 주인공 강칠우의 활약상을 그리고 있다.

'최강칠우'에서 서우는 몰락한 양반의 딸이자 포목점 주인인 연두역을 맡았다. 우연한 기회로 칠우에게 목숨을 빚지게 된 연두는 얼굴 생김새도 잘 모르는 칠우를 짝사랑한 끝에 그를 만나게 된다.

연두는 자객단의 정보요원으로 합류해 매일 칠우에게 무술을 전수해달라고 하고 느닷없이 옷을 벗고 덤벼들어 칠우를 난감하게 만들기도 한다.

새하얀 피부와 유난히 까만 눈동자의 조화가 인형 같다는 말을 듣는 서우와 에릭의 묘한 앙상블에 벌써부터 시청자의 관심이 모아지고 있다. 서우는 "옆집 여동생처럼 친근하면서 귀여운 캐릭터를 보여주고 싶다. 하지만, 그게 전부가 아니다. 한 남자를 진실로 사랑하는 연두의 애틋한 마음을 때로는 유쾌하고 때로는 가슴 아프게 그려내고 싶다"고 캐스팅 포부를 전했다.

이현우 nobody@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

I don't think he needs to rest more because he had been resting for a little while now phiphi. I think his back injury has been treated already otherwise he won't be enlisted into the MS. I hope he's going to start filming his upcoming drama already. I'm also curious who will be his female partner here. :lol:

Guest Hanjae

I hope this is a REAL saegeuk historical drama, not the weird ridiculous ones. Like King and I, or HongGilDong - UGH! I'm not a huge fan of Eric, but he's actually a pretty good actor.

They should go with an unknown actress as the female lead. Too many popular ones have been disappointin' lately.

It's highly unlikely that it'd be a "real" sageuk. Even shows like Jumong are more like action flicks dressed up in a sageuk to appeal to modern audiences, so in comparison, Choi Kang Chil Woo isn't even going to come close to the mark. That article above said it's going to be martial arts/fantasy drama, so it'll probably be another fusion sageuk along the lines of Hong Gil Dong (though hopefully with less of the comedy and modern references - sunglasses, wtf?). Eric has been in a lot of comedic roles in his more recent dramas, too. I just hope it's not going to be another Super Rookie-type character XD

Guest Happy_Day

^ Oh.. I think those kinds of dramas are really weird.. and they rarely get good ratings. Oh well, Eric has a huge fanbase so..

The pic of the girl.. Isn't she the girl who's in that really funny dancing Korean commerical for ice cream? It's pretty popular on YouTube.

I also hope that strongest chil woo won't be like Hong Gil Dong...

Hong Kong's TVB simply has more expertise in that area anyways...so don't really want to see kdramas heading that way too much.

And news translated by midnightgirl at shinhwa.biz and SHCJ

1198107075261_1.jpg

New Artiste Seo Woo Casted As Eric's Female Lead

After working with Big Bang, the quirky Seo Woo will soon be working with Shinhwa leader Eric.

After breaking into the scene with an ice-cream CF last year, Seo Woo has become very popular with the younger age group. She has just landed the role of Ryoung Doo in Strongest Chil Woo, the daughter of a fallen yangban.

After being abducted by baddies and left for dead, Chil Woo (played by Eric) rescued her, and she fell in love with Chil Woo. When they meet again, she begins to pursue him relentlessly.

Ryoung Doo decides to join the assassination clan led by Chil Woo as an informant, and believes that Chil Woo loves her. In this quirky comedic role, she pesters him to teach her martial arts, and even takes her clothes off to embarrass him.

Seo Woo says, "I hope to project an adorable image, and that everyone can find me as approachable as the little sister next door. Truly loving a man can be happy and painful, I hope to be able to portray that."

==========

20080410093903.014.0.jpg

Im Haryong Plays Dad to Shinhwa again

Im Haryong and Shinhwa have been sharing an unusual affinity in their productions.

Im Haryong has recently accepted the role of Eric's foster father in KBS2's Strongest Chil Woo. This is particularly interesting since he has also played the father of Eric's fellow Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo in the movie Wontak's Angel.

As his character died early on in the movie, he wasn't able to share many scenes with Lee Minwoo, but in Strongest Chil Woo he will be playing a doting father who sees Eric as his own.

Strongest Chil Woo is Eric's last drama project before army enlistment, thus generating a lot of public interest in the drama. The sageuk drama is about a lowly officer who transforms into a deadly assassin by night, and is scheduled to air in June.

Eric will be enlisting for military duty around September-October.

==========

Yoo Ah In's Comeback After 2 Years and 4 Months, To Star Opposite Eric

Yoo Ah In's character in the drama will be that of an assassin named Hak San, and he hopes to shed his youthful image and be recognised as a more mature actor.

As Eric's last drama before enlistment, the drama has garnered much attention even before it's aired. According to sources, the rights to the drama has already been sold to Japan's Asahi TV and will be aired in Japan in the autumn.

Source: donga & spn & newsva & oceans

Chi trans: 打糕@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest Hanjae

^Thanks for sharing the translations 8D

It'll be interesting seeing a complete new face cast as the female lead, though my initial reaction is more disappointment than anything XD Was hoping for someone more experienced who may/may not have worked with Eric before. Let's hope Seo Woo does a good job, anyway, it's terrible when the female lead doesn't match up with the male. Does anyone know anything more about this actress? :sweatingbullets: I've never heard of her and the only info I can find on Google is related to her Lotte Ice-cream CF.

Guest angel2nyt

I don't think he needs to rest more because he had been resting for a little while now phiphi. I think his back injury has been treated already otherwise he won't be enlisted into the MS. I hope he's going to start filming his upcoming drama already. I'm also curious who will be his female partner here. :lol:

actually he does need more rest,

yes he is going to the army but only as a civilian(like the case of kim jong gook)..

mainly because of that back injury

im SO happy that goo hye sun would be in this drama

by the way, who's the female lead: goo hye sun or seo woo?

Guest Hanjae

Ooh, Goo Hye Sun! Goo Hye Sun is always lovely to watch, particularly after she's proven her abilities in King and I. She looked wonderful there as So Hwa. Now she'll play So Yoon! :D Couldn't think of a better lead actress for another sageuk, though one would've thought she'd take some time out for resting or something. King and I's only just finished O: It says "painful love" though, so let's hope it's not tragically sad.

babixtin3: The article regarding Seo Woo states that she'll be the female lead, doesn't it? I'd prefer Goo Hye Sun as female lead, but it might not if she's going to play star-crossed lovers with Eric (general kdrama form dictates that the pairing that doesn't work out is usually the alternative XD)

Archived