Guest doonawhale

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 3, 2013
The Three Child Actresses in ‘Elegant Lies’ Meet with VOGUE Korea

Source: BNTNews
n2w0hnk04dhtso73iz7xk5gppw4aycyc.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Before the release of their new film, three teen actresses Ko Ah Sung, Kim Hyang Ki and Kim Yoo Jung met up with VOGUE Korea for an interview and photo shoot.
On March 13, one of the most expected films ‘Elegant Lies’ will be released in Korea. In this film, mid-age actress Kim Hee Ae and three teen actresses Ko Ah Sung, Kim Hyang Ki and Kim Yoo Jung are starred.
Before the release, the three teen stars were invited to the studio of VOGUE Korea. They participated in an interview about the film and a photo shoot that described their characters in ‘Elegant Lies.’
During the interview, Ko Ah Sung especially talked about her experience with Hollywood star Tilda Swinton. In last year, Ko Ah Sung participated in the mega hit film ‘Snowpiercer’ with Tilda and Korean star Song Kang Ho. Ko told the editor that Swinton has become her role model in acting career and that she was very lucky to work with her. 
Kim Hyang Ki, on the other hand, showed some tears while interviewing because she thought of the past shooting ‘Elegant Lies.’ Kim revealed that she felt very sad while reading the film's original novel book, acting and after shooting the film.
Kim Yoo Jung, who played a friend of Kim Hyang Ki in the film, said that this film is very meaningful in many ways as it questions social issues to the audience.
The full pictorials of these promising actresses are available on the official website of VOGUE Korea. (photo by VOGUE Korea)

March 14, 2014
3 Young Women Show Long-Missing Movie Star Material
Source: The ChosunIlbo
The struggle of Korean filmmakers to find actresses in their 20s who stand out from the bland crowd in the past two or three years seems to be over. Shim Eun-kyung (20), Kim Go-eun (23) and Ko Ah-sung (22) are rising stars with real potential.
"Miss Granny" starring Shim has attracted 8.46 million spectators as of Tuesday this week. "Monster" starring Kim and "Elegant Lies" starring Ko were also released on Thursday. The three impressed with a strong presence carrying their films without a leading man to assist them.
Just two out of the top 20 Korean box office hits last year had a star in her 20s -- "Snowpiercer" which featured Ko and "Cold Eyes" starring Han Hyo-joo. It was the same two years ago, with only "A Werewolf Boy" with Park Bo-young and “Masquerade” featuring Han in the top 20 list.
Instead, the screen was dominated by established actresses in their 30s or 40s such as Han Ga-in, Jeun Ji-hyun, Kim Hye-soo, Moon Jung-hee, and Uhm Jung-hwa.
2014031401737_0.jpg
Clockwise from the top, Shim Eun-kyung, Ko Ah-sung and Kim Go-eun Clockwise from the top, Shim Eun-kyung, Ko Ah-sung and Kim Go-eun
Kim Ho-sung of Realies Pictures said, "The main reason was that young women in their late teens and early 20s all wanted to be in girl bands rather than go into acting. You can take up acting if you have some success in pop music, but girls who do that usually lack the talent for a lead role."
But Shim, Kim and Ko have distinguished themselves with their portfolio. Rather than choosing pretty, vapid parts in romantic comedies or melodrama, they play relative strong characters in thrillers, action films and drama.
They also limit their appearance in commercials. About 10 years ago, top actresses in their 20s like Im Soo-jung, Jun, and Son Ye-jin went into advertising as soon as they had become famous enough on the silver screen and rarely looked back because the money was better.
One film director said, "Actresses in their 20s used to be very cautious so as not to damage their prospects in the advertisement market. They preferred to appear on variety or fashion shows rather than having to work hard making films."
Kim Go-eun said, "I never thought about my image or potential endorsement deals when choosing the next film project. What worries me is what impact my appearance in commercials would have on my roles."

• 2 weeks later...

Go Ah Sung Interview links and photo under spoiler tags

Interview: thoughts on Co-star Kim Yoo jung “촬영장서 김유정과 말도 안섞은 이유” 201403191711571110_1.jpg
credit newsen

201403191711571110_2.jpg

Go Ah sung regarding School and her studiescredit newsen

201403161457501110_1.jpg201403161457501110_2.jpg

Magazine Interview: thoughts on what is important to not losecredit Magazine Ize

2014031408272343499_1.jpg?time=0546252014031408272343499_2.jpg?time=0608332014031408272343499_3.jpg?time=054625

Elegant Lies, At first I refusedcredit Newsis

NISI20140228_0009415014_web.jpg

Finding the story behind Elegant Lies credit Sports hankooki

realyong20140311101018_I_05_C_1.jpg

uncut Interview with Go Ah Sung, Noona who lost touched with Dongsaeng Kim Hyang Gi credit No cut news

20140316164234425085.jpg20140316164344909520.jpg20140316164453723957.jpg

Go Ah Sung: kim Hee Ae has brilliant energy. I learned a lotcredit sports seoul News 

2014031101000448900026011.jpg2014031101000448900026012.jpg2014031101000448900026013.jpg2014031101000448900026014.jpg

Kim Hee Ae give actors a break and no prejudicecredit joy news

1393596182148_1_163853.jpg1393596189069_1_163934.jpg1393596178397_1_164002.jpg1393596184773_1_163713.jpg

Go ah sung on being an actresscredit mydaily

class="art_title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0px; font-weight: 300; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 28px; width: 526px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ko Ah-sung Keeps Star Status and Studies Separate2014032900365_0.jpg

Former child actress Ko Ah-sung has already starred in some of the biggest movies to come out of Korea, including the sci-fi smash hit 'The Host" (2006) and last year's English-language thriller "Snowpiercer."

But the 22-year-old actress, who can be seen in this year's "Elegant Lies" about a teenage suicide, is taking a different academic route from most of her peers in the profession.

Instead of choosing to focus on film and theater, Ko is majoring in psychology at Sungkyunkwan University. She said she took this path after listening to the advice of friends and family members who suggested it would help expand her horizons as an actress in the long term.

"I love my major. It helps me to be a better person, which in turn helps me as an actor," she said. 

Asked if her movie career has had any impact on her relationships with friends and schoolmates, she said, "My friends aren't very interested in what I do, and many people I meet at school don't even know I'm an actress." 

"Elegant Lies" has attracted over 1 million viewers since it was released on March 13. The movie tells the story of a 14-year-old girl who commits suicide and the impact of this on her mother, older sister and friend as they try to discover the reason why.

englishnews@chosun.com / Mar. 29, 2014 08:17 KST | chosunIlbo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

April 28, 2014
Nominees announced for Baeksang Arts Awards by javabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nominees-announced-for-baeksang-arts-awards/
The nominees for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards, whose ceremony will be held on May 27.

50_baeksang_actress_sup.jpg
FILM CATEGORY

Best Picture Nominees
The Snowpiercer (dir. Bong Joon-ho)The Terror Live (dir. Kim Byung-woo)Hope (dir. Lee Jun-ik)The Attorney (dir. Yang Woo-seok)The Face Reader (dir. Han Jae-rim)
Director Award Nominees
Kim Byung-woo (The Terror Live)Hong Sang-soo (Our Sunhi)Jo Eui-seok (Cold Eyes)Bong Joon-ho (The Snowpiercer)Kim Byung-seo (Cold Eyes)Lee Jun-ik (Hope)
Actor Top Excellence Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Sohn Hyun-joo (Hide and Seek)
Actress Top Excellence Award Nominees
Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Kim Hee-ae (Elegant Lie)Eom Ji-won (Hope)Moon Jung-hee (Hide and Seek)
Supporting Actor Award Nominees
Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Eui-sung (The Face Reader)Jo Sung-ha (The Suspect)Lee Kyung-young (Venus Talk)Kwak Do-won (The Attorney)
Supporting Actress Award Nominees
Yeh Ji-won (Our Sunhi)Kim Young-ae (The Attorney)Jin Kyung (Cold Eyes)Ra Mi-ran (Hope)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)
New Actor Award Nominees
Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)
New Actress Award Nominees
Park Ji-soo (Mai Ratima)Lee Jae-hye (The Russian Novel)Seo Joo-ah (Pluto)Kim Hyang-gi (Elegant Lie)Lee Re (Hope)
New Director Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (Roller Coaster)Eom Tae-hwa (INGtoogi: The Battle of Surpluses)Heo Jung (Hide and Seek)Lee Jong-pil (Born To Sing)Yang Woo-seok (The Attorney)
Screenplay Award Nominees
Hide and Seek, Heo JungMiss Granny, Shin Dong-ikThe Terror Live, Kim Byung-wooThe Attorney, Yang Woo-seokHope, Kim Ji-hye
Actor Popularity Award
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Gong Yoo (The Suspect)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Yoo Ah-in (Kkangchulie)Sung Joon (Pluto)Jin Young (Miss Granny)Seo In-gook (No Breathing)Jo Jung-seok (The Face Reader)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)Jung Kyung-ho (Roller Coaster)Kim Sung-kyun (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Hyun-woo (Covertly, Grandly)Go Soo (Way Back Home)Lee Jong-seok (Hot Blooded Youth)Lee Min-ki (Monster)Ok Taecyeon (Marriage Blue)Hwang Jung-min (When a Man Loves)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Choi Seung-hyun (TOP) (Commitment)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Joo-won (Catch Me)Kim Yoon-seok (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)
Actress Popularity Award
Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Park Bo-young (Hot Blooded Youth)Kim Ah-joong (Catch Me)Kwon Yuri (No Breathing)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Uhm Jung-hwa (Venus Talk)Sohn Ye-jin (Accomplice)Kim Hye-soo (The Face Reader)Kim Go-eun (Monster)Gong Hyo-jin (Boomerang Family)Han Hyo-joo (Cold Eyes)Lee Yeon-hee (Marriage Blue)
Via Baeksang
50_baeksang_actress_pop.jpg

• 1 month later...

June 3, 2014
Recent photos of Go Ah Sung in Dubai revealed
Source: STARN News  20140603093125_538d175da40da_1.jpg
Recent photos of Go Ah Sung in Dubai are becoming a hot issue.

On June 3rd, Go Ah Sung's management agency released photos of Go Ah Sung from '2015 Resort CHANEL Fashion Show', which was held in Dubai.
One of the photos show Go Ah Sung watching the fashion show with Tilda Swinton, who she has casted in movie 'SNOWPIERCER' with.
The next two cuts show Go Ah Sung posing for photos alone, and she is showing charming and beautiful looks in a red dress.
Go Ah Sung is showing a much more mature look in the photos, and her beautiful look is becoming a hot issue among many people.
Meanwhile, Go Ah Sung is recently deciding her sequel.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

June 12, 2014
‘Snowpiercer’ Makes its US Premiere on Opening Night of the LA Film Festival
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong Making its long-awaited US-premiere, the movie Snowpiercer opened up the Los Angeles Film Festival.
23818812.jpg

On June 11 (PST), the Los Angeles Film Festival kicked off, celebrating its 20th anniversary since its birth in 1995 as the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival. 
Starting off the film festival was Snowpiercer, directed by Bong Joon Ho and starring by Song Kang Ho, Go A Sung, Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, and Ed Harris. 
The film was released in Korea in 2013 and earned 60 million dollars in the South Korean box office. 
Snowpiercer will make its US premiere through the Los Angeles Film Festival on June 11 at 7:30 (PST). 
Photo Credit: CJ E&M

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Bong Joon-ho’s ‘Snowpiercer’ opens L.A. fest450468996__140612085558-275x195.jpg
Bong Joon-ho’s science fiction action movie “Snowpiercer” opened the Los Angeles Film Festival on Wednesday. 

It is the first time a Korean movie has been screened as the opening film of the festival, which marks its 20th anniversary this year.

Bong was joined by some of the film’s stars, including Song Kang-ho, Go Ah-sung, Tilda Swinton, Ed Harris and Alison Pill, on the red carpet in Regal Cinema, downtown Los Angeles.

“Snowpiercer” will have a limited theatrical release in the U.S. on June 27 through U.S. film distributer Radius-TWC. Its U.S. distribution comes nearly a year after it premiered in South Korea. The movie made over $65 million in box office sales. 

“Snowpiercer” is set in a future where a failed global-warming experiment caused a new ice age, leaving the surviving humans aboard a perpetually moving train. Based on the 1984 French graphic novel “La Transperceneige,” the film depicts a post-apocalyptic society of class struggles, with each class determined by one’s position on the train.

“I have been invited to many festivals so far, but this is the first time for a Korean movie to be screened as the opening film,” Bong said. His other films include “Mother,” “The Host” and “The Memories of Murder.” 

“I am really honored to be given this opportunity. I think the future is bright for the Korean film industry,” the director said. 

Two other Korean films, “Han Gong-ju” by Lee Su-jin and “10 Minutes” by Lee Yong-seung, were invited for screening at the festival. The LA Film Festival, which opened Wednesday, will continue until June 19. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com) | June 13 2014

Archived