Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** I love Joo Ji-hoon’s character poster, he's standing in front of a crowd of protesters fighting against BF, and his tagline reads, “The greatest technology returns as a weapon.” Despite him working as Ja-yoo’s bodyguard,  his poster makes it unclear of his stance on the issue. Will he be a friend or a foe to her? Disney+’s Blood Free is slated for ten episodes. I am so looking forward to this. I hope this is good! Needless to say that I am very interested in this drama. I hope it is not boring. I assume there'd be romance in this.   :kisslevel:

• Like 1

Exclusive) Joo Ji-hoon and Jeong Yu-mi, starring ‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge’ to be aired on tvN in December Joo Ji-hoon appears in a romantic drama for the first time in 18 years, and Jung Yu-mi appears in a drama for the first time in 4 years. The follow-up to ‘Jeongnyeon’, the biggest hit in the second half of the year, predicted to be a hit for broadcasters

News Tomato Reporter Kim Jae-beom] The release schedule for the drama ‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge’, which attracted attention as actor Ju Ji-hoon’s return to a romantic drama after 18 years and actress Jung Yu-mi’s return to the small screen after 4 years, has been confirmed. According to a broadcasting official on the 21st, the final programming of the romantic drama ‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge’, which confirmed Ju Ji-hoon and Jung Yu-mi as the lead roles, was decided on ‘tvN in December’.

20240321_135622_320354831.jpg

According to this official, ‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge’, which had been discussed for programming on terrestrial and cable channels, finally decided to air with tvN. Previously, tvN also confirmed that the broadcaster's most talked-about drama, 'Jeongnyeon', which was competing for terrestrial and cable programming, will be broadcast in October. As a result, tvN has secured the highest box office guarantee in the second half of this year in the battle for viewership ratings with its two works, ‘Jeongnyeon’ and the follow-up ‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge

‘Love on a Single Tree Bridge’ depicts the process of a man and a woman who were passionately in love around the age of 18 but broke up due to family opposition, meeting again after 15 years and building their love after many twists and turns. Ju Ji-hoon, who plays the lead role,'s last romance appearance was the 2006 MBC drama 'Palace', and Jung Yu-mi's last drama appearance was the 2020 Netflix series 'Health Teacher Ahn Eun-young'. Broadcasters have high expectations for the synergy between the two.

Director Park Joon-hwa, who made global hits with romance-themed dramas such as tvN’s ‘Because This is My First Life’, ‘What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim’ and ‘Hwanhwa’ series, will be in charge of directing. The script is written by writer Lim Ye-jin, who wrote KBS2’s ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ and ‘Joseon Romance Story of Nokdu’.

The production team said that they are refining some settings and content of the completed script and that the title is also likely to be revised internally. Once casting for other roles besides Ju Ji Hoon and Jung Yu Mi is completed, filming is scheduled to begin soon.

http://www.newstomato.com/ReadNews.aspx?no=1224094&inflow=N

• Like 1

*** On March 24 episode of singer Jung Jae-hyung's YouTube show, Ju Ji Hoon joined as a guest. Here, Ju Ji Joon recalled receiving hate comments for playing the prince role in "Princess Hours" when he looks like a "farmer." He said,  "I wasn't even a drama major, you know. I was just a model at that time. I had suddenly started acting. Actually, for about three weeks after my company asked me to join 'Princess Hours,' I refused. I kept saying I didn't want to do it. I basically felt pressured into acting in 'Princess Hours.'" I initially didn't want to do 'Princess Hours' as my role was supposed to be this very cute, charming and good-looking guy. Do you know why I closed down Cyworld (a popular social media platform in Korea before Facebook and Instagram)? It was because everyone was like, 'Hey, you! You farmer-looking person! Stop ruining the image of our Crown Prince Lee Shin. I was getting so many comments like that. That's why I ended up closing it down."   :doggie:

201910956_700.webp

*** Upcoming drama “Blood Free” has revealed its main poster! The poster’s caption reads, “The one who changed the world becomes everyone’s target.” “Blood Free” premieres on April 10.

20240328121719_blood-free_69a4ac.jpg?s=9

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/408/0000219017

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Han Hyo Joo And Joo Ji Hoon's Upcoming Drama "Blood Free" Unveils Main Poster

Spoiler

20240328121719_blood-free_69a4ac.jpg?s=9

Upcoming drama “Blood Free” has revealed its main poster!

“Blood Free” is a suspense thriller about Yoon Ja Yoo (Han Hyo Joo), the CEO of the genetic engineering enterprise BF that opens a new era of artificially cultured meat in 2025, and Woo Chae Woon (Joo Ji Hoon), a retired officer-turned-guard who deliberately approaches her, as they get swept up in a series of incidents and a mysterious death.

The newly released poster captures the main characters of “Blood Free” and the massive threat surrounding them in a pyramid shape. Woo Chae Woon, who intentionally approaches Yoon Ja Yoo in order to track down the mastermind behind the terrorist incident that changed his life, stands in front of the pyramid with an intense gaze that reflects his inability to trust anyone.

At the top of the pyramid is Yoon Ja Yoo, the CEO of BF, the world’s largest biotech company. The poster also features the employees of BF, including On San (Lee Moo Saeng), Kim Shin Gu (Kim Sang Ho), Seo Hee (Jeon Suk Ho), Jung Hae Deun (Park Ji Yeon), and Hong Ip Sae (Lee Seo), as well as prime minister Sun Woo Jae (Lee Hee Joon), who is hiding his secret desires.

Hinting at the unpredictable events about to unfold, the poster’s caption reads, “The one who changed the world becomes everyone’s target.”

blood-free-1_07b097.jpg

“Blood Free” premieres on April 10.

credit : soompi news

From Parasyte: The Grey to Blood Free, Lovely Runner and more: 5 exciting K-dramas to look out for in April 2024

Parasyte: The Grey, Blood Free, Lovely Runner and many more exciting K-dramas will be releasing this April. Here is a look at the 5 most interesting dramas set to release in April 2024.

1697150629_parasyte-blood-free_202403.jp

Many interesting K-dramas like The Crown Prince Has Disappeared, Lovely Runner, Blood Free and more are scheduled to premiere next month. From romance to comedy, mystery and more; various genres will be explored in the upcoming series. Fans eagerly await the release of these series as the star casts would be teaming up for the intriguing plots.

Here is a list of the 5 most awaited K-dramas which are all geared up to release in April 2024. 

Blood Free

• Genre: Thriller, Sci-fi
  • Cast: Ju Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Moo Saeng, Park Ji Yeon
  • Director: Park Chul Hwan
  • Writer: Lee Soo Yeon 
  • Number of episodes: 10
  • Date of release: April 10, 2024 
  • Network: Disney+

The science fiction thriller Blood Free tells the story of a world where humanity doesn't consume natural meat anymore.

BF rises to power; a company that produces meat in labs. The CEO hires an army officer as her bodyguard. The company and the CEO are met with suspicions by both insiders and outsiders. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/from-parasyte-the-grey-to-blood-free-lovely-runner-and-more-5-exciting-k-dramas-to-look-out-for-in-april-2024-1290263

*** A staff member from the Netflix original drama "Kingdom" passed away on March 16th and the Federation of Korean Movies (FKM) claims it was death from overwork and urges the government to take steps to improve the film and broadcast production sites.   :rip:

The following is the statement:

People working in broadcasting and movie productions want to see happy dramas and movies.

There has been an unfortunate death on the set of the drama "Kingdom". According to reports, the deceased was part of the art team and he collapsed on the way home after work. He was taken to the hospital, but didn't make it.

By 2016, broadcast workers are working at an average of 19.18 hours a day, 116.8 hours a week, and 507.4 hours a month in arithmetic time.

According to the OECD report of 2016, Korea's average worker has an average monthly working time of 147 hours (1,764 hours per year) and the second longest working day after Mexico, the longest working country.

Broadcast workers are working 2.9 times more than the average person every month.

Therefore, it is common that only they only have two days off a month. Even on a day off, they cannot be guaranteed a day off because they must prepare for the next shoot.

"Kingdom" is denying the cause of death as the staff member didn't have work for two days before he passed away.

However, it is not just the matter of long term labor for staff on the art team as they have to make additional preparations.

In fact, the art team works more than the statistics of other broadcast workers even on days without shoots. They have to cut back their sleeping time to prepare for future shoots.

The start and finish of a movie or drama is definite, but the additional preparation and clean up time hasn't been calculated and no one checks up on them.

"Kingdom" claims the deceased would have rested because he didn't have work for two days, but this is just ignorance or lies disguised as ignorance.

According to the notification of the Ministry of Employment and Labor, if you continue to work for 60 hours or more a week on average (64 hours a week for 4 weeks before the onset of the illness), it may cause physical or mental overload, which can have a significant effect on the normal function of the cerebral or cardiovascular system.

However, the average broadcast workers works 116.8 hours per week, which is enough to affect serious cerebral blood vessels or cardiovascular vessels and there's no guarantee similar death cases won't happen again on a production field.

The accident was revealed that management and supervision, according to Article 59 Working Time Exempt Industry, was not carried out at all.

Behind all successful movies and high ratings, the people who are exposed to overwork and being worn out are being neglected.

The National Film Industry Trade Union calls on the Moon Jae-in government to work like a person in film and broadcasting production as follows:

First, abolish Article 59 of the Labor Standards Act for a healthy working environment by eliminating human accidents caused by long hours of work in film and broadcasting production facilities that have been neglected for years.

Second, place labor supervisors in all workplaces of the working hours-specific industry until the abolition of Article 59 of the Labor Standards Act.

Third, supervise the proper holidays in film and broadcast production sites.

Fourth, ensure at least 10 hours of rest time between film and broadcasting productions.

Fifth, abolish the "comprehensive wage-based work contract" that doesn't pay overtime work and apply the "hourly paid work contract" to all workplaces.

Rest In Peace

photo933812.jpg

source : Hancinema

“Drama version is a mess” Joo Ji-hoon is an exception… Relay of works with Han Hyo-joo, Park Bo-young, and Jung Yu-mi [MD Pick] [MD Pick]

Reporter Park Seo-yeon

2024033119214495715_l.jpg

[My Daily = Reporter Park Seo-yeon] Due to the recent recession in the drama industry, actors and officials alike could

not hide their bitterness, saying, "Even if I want to work, there is no work." In particular, Lee Jang-woo said, “Dramas are a mess these days,” and “even the camera directors are playing around.” Nevertheless, I don’t think it applies to this actor. This is the story of actor Ju Ji-hoon. Joo Ji-hoon, who says, “I lived hard. I like working,” has 4 to 5 works scheduled to be released this year. So, let’s take a look at what works are waiting for us.

2024033119225144213_l.jpg

First, the Disney+ original series ‘Dominant Species’ is scheduled to be released on April 10th. 'Dominant Species' is about Yoon Yu-yu (Han Hyo-joo), the CEO of BF, a biotechnology company that opened a new era of artificially cultured meat in 2025, and Woo Chae-woon (Ju Ji-hoon), a retired officer-turned bodyguard who intentionally approached him, leading to mysterious deaths and incidents. A suspense thriller drama where you get caught up and chase after the truth behind it.

This is a new work by author Soo-yeon Lee of the 'Secret Forest' series, and it stimulates curiosity by depicting a subject called 'cultured meat' that has never been covered in Korea. When writer Lee Soo-yeon saw Joo Ji-hoon for the first time, she was so impressed with him that she thought, "This is Chae-woon, he must be that person," and while writing the script, she revealed that Joo Ji-hoon was able to complete the character by actively expressing his opinion. Ju Ji-hoon is expected to show off his superb acting alongside Han Hyo-joo, Lee Hee-jun, and Lee Moo-saeng. Filming was completed in March last year.

2024033119325744277_l.jpg

Joo Ji-hoon will release another new original series on Disney+ in the second half of this year, 'Lighting Store' in collaboration with actress Park Bo-young. 'Lighting Store' is a work about the story of the living and the dead intersecting as this world and the afterlife are connected through a store that sells lights. It is based on the webtoon of the same name by author Kang Full. According to Ju Ji-hoon, filming has already been completed.

Ju Ji-hoon also finished filming the Netflix series 'Severe Trauma Center' in November of last year and is scheduled to be released this year. 'Severe Trauma Center', based on the web novel 'Severe Trauma Center: Golden Hour', is a thorn in the side of the university hospital's severe trauma team where losses pile up the more patients are saved, and Baek Kang-hyeok, a genius trauma surgeon who traveled through war zones, is appointed to the hospital, which has become famous. The story of how a major trauma team is transformed into a major trauma center that actually saves people. Ju Ji-hoon plays the role of Baek Kang-hyuk, a genius trauma surgeon. It raises curiosity about what kind of medical drama will be created with actors Choo Young-woo, Yoon Kyung-ho, Ha Young, and Jeong Jae-gwang.

2024033119330962774_l.jpg

Ju Ji-hoon will soon begin filming tvN's new drama 'Love on a Single Tree Bridge' (working title) with actress Jung Yu-mi. 'Love on a Single Tree Bridge' is a reunion romance drama that unfolds when a man and a woman who were passionately in love during their school days but had to break up painfully due to family enmity and a twist of fate meet for the first time in 15 years. It is attracting attention because it is a romantic drama that Ju Ji-hoon attempted for the first time in 18 years since 'Palace'. It has been decided to schedule the show in December.

Meanwhile, Ju Ji-hoon is scheduled to meet the audience with the movie 'Escape: PROJECT SILENCE', which is scheduled to be released this year, and the OTT series 'Climax' (working title), which is the first attempt by the production company of the movie 'Spring in Seoul' ) He is positively considering the appearance.

https://mydaily.co.kr/page/view/2024033119441352191

• Like 1

11 New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In April 2024

20240404075914_april-dramas.jpg?s=900x60

Spring is here with another batch of new K-dramas to tune into!

These are some new K-dramas premiering in April:

“Blood Free”

blood-free.png

Korean Title: “지배종”

Cast: Joo Ji Hoon, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Hee Joon, Lee Moo Saeng, Park Ji Yeon

Premiere Date: April 10

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays on Disney+

“Blood Free” is a suspense thriller about Yoon Ja Yoo (Han Hyo Joo), the CEO of the genetic engineering enterprise BF, and Woo Chae Woon (Joo Ji Hoon), a retired officer-turned-guard who deliberately approaches her, as they get swept up in a series of incidents.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** "Blood Free" will be released this week.  :kisslevel:

Blood Free

Release Date: April 10, 2024

Genre: Thriller, Sci-fi

Cast: Han Hyo Joo, Ju Ji Hoon, Lee Hee Joon and Lee Moo Saeng take on the main roles in the drama. 

Crew: Stranger and Grid's writer Lee Soo Yeon wrote the script. The drama is directed by Park Chul Hwan. 

Network: Disney+

Blood Free is a science fiction thriller that tells the story of a world where humanity doesn't consume natural meat anymore. BF rises to power; a company that produces meat in labs. The CEO hires an army officer as her bodyguard.

The company and the CEO are met with suspicions by both insiders and outsiders. 

Han Hyo Joo debuted in 2004 with the drama Nonstop Season 5. She is known for hits like Happiness and W. Her latest project Moving, became the most-watched Korean series on Disney+. Ju Ji Hoon marked his debut in 2006 with the drama Goong. The actor has appeared in popular dramas like the zombie series Kingdom, Jirisan and Hyena. 

Disney+ thriller 'Blood Free' to explore food production in near-future

20240408050602_0.jpg

Disney+'s original series "Blood Free" will explore the philosophical quandary of how humans should approach food production through its authentic portrayal of the near-future.

The 10-part suspense thriller series follows the story of Yoon Ja-yoo (played by Han Hyo-joo), the CEO of a biological engineering company named BF, and her bodyguard Woo Chae-woon (played by Ju Ji-hoon).

The series, written by award-winning screenplay writer Lee Soo-yeon, narrates the story that unfolds after Yoon manages to produce state-of-the-art lab-grown meat and encounters a multitude of life-threatening challenges.

Lee said her choice of the subject of lab-grown meat as the main theme of the series stemmed from her desire for a future where animals need not be slaughtered for consumption and forests need not be destroyed for food production.

Lee previously penned the script for tvN's thriller drama series "Stranger" and was awarded the best screenplay award in the television category at the 54th Baeksang Arts Awards.

Park Chul-hwan, who helmed the series, said he aimed to make the series look as realistic as possible.

"Since the backdrop of the drama series depicts events 1 to 2 years ahead of today, the strategy was to integrate realistic elements into the series as seamlessly as possible," said Park, during a press conference held in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, Monday.

"Taking into consideration that the technology for artificial intelligence and producing cultured meats currently exists, I reflected how real-life companies in such fields operate," he said.

Actor Ju said the series asks how humans should approach food production in the future.

"'Blood Free' incorporates somewhat weighty or thought-provoking themes into its narrative, but simultaneously lowers the entry barrier and encourages us all to ponder, 'How about exploring stories like this?'" said Ju.

In one of the several action-packed scenes, Ju single-handedly fights a group of 17 people.

"Given its near-future setting, I leaned towards portraying realistic action scenes over futuristic ones," he said.

"We discussed extensively how to shoot the action scenes and opted for authenticity over flashy sequences," he added.

For Han, who played the role of the enigmatic researcher-turned-CEO, the primary focus was on portraying her character with an air of mystery, making it challenging for the viewers to categorize her as either good or evil.

"I changed my usual voice tone to make it quieter than before. I tried to have Yoon have the feel of a dried-up leaf," said Han.

"Reviewing the script, I thought the script for 'Blood Free' was clever," Han added.

The first two episodes of "Blood Free" will stream Wednesday on Disney+.

20240408050603_0.jpg

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240408050599

*** Joo Ji Hoon made a candid revelation about his past experiences with bullying during his appearance on the YouTube channel 'ZzanBro', which aired on April 8 KST. Reflecting on his school days, Joo Ji Hoon shared, "There were around 4,000 students per grade, with 19 classes and 75 students per class. It was a large environment, and I often felt overwhelmed. I couldn't imagine standing out among so many students. There were classmates who engaged in physical fights, but I refrained from getting involved due to my size. However, things took a turn when groups formed, and fights escalated. Instead of settling disputes one-on-one, they resorted to threats involving siblings. It was intimidating, and I vividly remember feeling fearful." Joo Ji Hoon acknowledged that he was not immune to bullying. He revealed, "I consider myself fortunate not to have engaged in such behavior myself, but I was subjected to bullying throughout my high school years. I faced pressure from a group of peers who demanded submission, and although I resisted to some extent, I ultimately found myself yielding to their demands." It's literally the same way in every country.   :kitty:

1712620075-joo-ji-hoon-zzan-03.jpg

1712620093-joo-ji-hoon-zzan-01.jpeg

photos source : allkpop

*** On the morning of April 8th, at the Conrad Seoul Hotel in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, a production presentation was held for the Disney+ original series "Blood Free,( Dominant Species") attended by actors Ju Ji-hoon, Han Hyo-joo, Lee Hee-joon, Lee Moo-saeng, and the director.   :kaching1:

(PHOTOS) - "Blood Free" Press conference

1712577369-5.jpeg

1712577522-4.jpeg

photos source : allkpop

Ju Ji-hoon speaks out about being victim of school bullying

eed0baff-9ffd-4627-ba14-1c2dab042166.png

Actor Ju Ji-hoon shared his personal experiences about the bullying he endured from his middle school years through to the end of high school appearing on comedian Shin Dong-yup's YouTube channel.

Ju revealed the hardships he faced growing up in Cheonho-dong, Seoul, a neighborhood he described as "wild and fervent." With classes comprising up to 75 students, Ju painted a picture of a crowded educational environment, full of school gangs and bullies.

He condemned the bullies' tactic of using their numbers to intimidate, emphasizing the psychological toll such actions took on him. "It was a wild and bustling neighborhood. With so many students, you can imagine how many bullies there were," Ju said."The real problem wasn't about engaging in a fight; it was about how they used their numbers to instill fear."

Ju revealed that he started facing harassment from groups of students upon entering middle school. "I felt like a coward," he said, expressing how the actions of the bullies affected him.

He shared how he was subjected to continuous harassment by the same group of bullies during his high school years, who would demand his submission with demeaning commands. "They would say, 'Submit to me. You're nothing. Bow down.' I had to pretend to bow, reluctantly," Ju recalled.

Ju expressed relief that his profession gave him a platform to discuss these issues openly, something he views as fortunate considering his troubled past. The actor also recounted the constant harassment he endured up until his high school graduation, where bullies would demand submission with derogatory taunts.

Shin Dong-yup, the host of the show and a fellow entertainer, related to Ju's experiences by sharing his own story of being forced to relinquish his padded jacket to bullies, a common form of extortion among schoolchildren. "If you didn't comply, you knew the consequences. It was humiliating," Shin recalled, capturing the essence of the powerlessness and degradation victims often feel.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/04/398_372343.html

*** TODAY is D-DAY! - I've never heard of "lab-grown meat" only in "Blood Free", that's why, I'm so excited to watch this drama. Yup, Blood Free introduces the idea of growing or "culturing" meat inside a laboratory. In its pilot episode, Yun Jayu is seen as someone with a goal to *protect the Earth* by producing lab-grown meat—and it's not just pork or beef that they're creating but also seafood like tuna, salmon, mackerel, and even shrimp. In preparing for Chaewoon's character, Joo Ji Hoon admitted that he was well-focused on absorbing Chaewoon's backstory. There was also a lot of training to maintain his best physique for filming. He shared, "Because of Chaewoon’s hidden past, I invested a lot of time into reflecting on his backstory. I also had a number of action scenes I had to shoot, so I worked hard to maintain my physical fitness before production began."  Also, I'm curious of Han Hyo Joo and Joo Ji Hoon's chemistry. This is the very first time that Han Hyo Joo and Joo Ji Hoon worked together. Blood Free is Joo Ji Hoon's first exclusive project with Disney+. He stated, "I’ve enjoyed watching content on Disney+ since it first launched in Korea, so it’s been a very special experience getting to work with the Disney+ team on Blood Free!" Joo Ji Hoon also divulged how amazing it was to work with Hyo Joo. "She's a solid person. I can rely on her while working with her. She's that kind of colleague." Hyo Joo, humbled and appreciative of Joo Ji Hoon, replied, "The truth is, I was the one who has been relying on him. He has a great focus on the set. He has the eyes of a producer." Joo Ji Hoon also unveiled that he found the concept of the full-body suit of his character to be astonishing. He explained, "I wear a full-body suit. I’m getting tested on my physical abilities. My combat abilities and whatnot. It’s done in VR (virtual reality). The thing is, I can feel physical pain through it… I have to act while wearing a full-body suit so that I can feel pain through it."  Joo Ji Hoon leaves a piece of advice for viewers of Blood Free.. "Every character has a hidden story. If you watch closely and take note of why a particular character does something or why an event happens at a certain time you’ll enjoy the story even more." Blood Free is a 10-episode drama that's full of exciting twists. It is available for streaming starting April 10, 2024, at 4PM KST (that's 5PM Philippine time). Weekly episodes will be released every Wednesday and Thursday exclusively on Disney+!   :kicks:

ju-ji-hoon-blood-free-1-1712715021.jpeg