Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

On 1/19/2024 at 10:04 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Joo Ji Hoon, Park Bo Young, And More Confirmed For Star-Studded New Drama By “Moving” Writer

“Moving” author Kang Full will be returning with a new drama adaptation of his popular webtoon “Light Shop”!

“Light Shop” depicts the stories of the living and the dead whose worlds intersect through a mysterious shop that sells lamps.

On January 19, Disney+ confirmed the drama’s star-studded cast consisting of Joo Ji Hoon, Park Bo Young, Bae Sung Woo, Uhm Tae Goo, Seolhyun, Lee Jung Eun, Kim Min Ha, Park Hyuk Kwon, Kim Dae Myung, Shin Eun Soo, Kim Sun Hwa, and Kim Ki Hae. The stars will be playing the mysterious and suspicious figures that are connected to the light shop.

“Light Shop” is Kang Full’s fifth project in his “flat psychological mystery” series. Similar to “Moving,” the script for “Light Shop” will be personally penned by Kang Full, and “Moving” actor Kim Hee Won, who played Jeongwon High School’s teacher Choi Il Hwan, will be directing his first series.

Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1638097wpp/joo-ji-hoon-park-bo-young-and-more-confirmed-for-star-studded-new-drama-by-moving-writer

That's exciting news! I'm a big fan of both Joo Ji Hoon and Park Bo Young, and I'm always interested in new dramas from Kang Full. The premise of "Light Shop" sounds intriguing, and the cast is definitely star-studded. I can't wait to see what Kang Full and Kim Hee Won do with this project.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!

*** I hope Jo Ji Hoon will take to do this new drama "Love on a Single Log Bridge".  I want him to do a romance for the first time in many years again. It's been quite a long while since "Coffee Prince".  When he appeared on YTN's "The News", he expressed his desire to act in romance. So, I have a feeling that he'll do a romance genre through this drama.   :Twerkdatbutt:

photo1764561.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, willenette said:

*** I hope Jo Ji Hoon will take to do this new drama "Love on a Single Log Bridge".  I want him to do a romance for the first time in many years again. It's been quite a long while since "Coffee Prince".  When he appeared on YTN's "The News", he expressed his desire to act in romance. So, I have a feeling that he'll do a romance genre through this drama.  

I want him to do a romance drama also. After reading the synopsis I thought it is a romance but more close to the melodrama than comedy but some translated articles say it is a rom com. I can`t say I am a fan of rom coms but I will watch some of them especially if I like the cast or if the plot looks interesting. I also hope he will accept the offer. 

I am also hoping to know more about the other drama, Climax. 

He is a busy actor, that`s for sure.

7 minutes ago, larus said:

I want him to do a romance drama also. After reading the synopsis I thought it is a romance but more close to the melodrama than comedy but some translated articles say it is a rom com. I can`t say I am a fan of rom coms but I will watch some of them especially if I like the cast or if the plot looks interesting. I also hope he will accept the offer. 

I am also hoping to know more about the other drama, Climax. 

He is a busy actor, that`s for sure.

@larus  I love rom-com genre. In  "Climax", Jo Ji Hoon will be the main lead of this upcoming OTT K-drama. Iit is expected to start filming in the second half of this year.   :heart3:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, willenette said:

I love rom-com genre. In  "Climax", Jo Ji Hoon will be the main lead of this upcoming OTT K-drama. Iit is expected to start filming in the second half of this year.  

I am glad that you love rom coms. I don`t because the plot is kind of silly most of the times. But if I like the main couple, I will watch. So far, I don`t feel the comedy in a couple who were separated by external factors and reunite again but let see how the story will go. I like the second chance dramas. I am glad that they are not a childhood sweathearts. I am tired of this trop.

I watched Goong last year or two years ago. I heard so many things about it. I finished it but I felt so bored. :D

I liked Ju Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye as a couple but the plot was weak.

I hope this time for a mature romance. Fingers crossed for a good screenwriter.

If Climax will start shooting in the summer, then the romance drama will start filming after that. I don`t think it will be released this year.

9 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad that you love rom coms. I don`t because the plot is kind of silly most of the times. But if I like the main couple, I will watch. So far, I don`t feel the comedy in a couple who were separated by external factors and reunite again but let see how the story will go. I like the second chance dramas. I am glad that they are not a childhood sweathearts. I am tired of this trop.

I watched Goong last year or two years ago. I heard so many things about it. I finished it but I felt so bored. :D

I liked Ju Ji Hoon and Yoon Eun Hye as a couple but the plot was weak.

I hope this time for a mature romance. Fingers crossed for a good screenwriter.

If Climax will start shooting in the summer, then the romance drama will start filming after that. I don`t think it will be released this year.

@larus  Probably the biggest cliche about rom-com is that the main characters will initially dislike one another before falling in love by the end of the drama/film. Sometimes it can easily be predicted. You could actually forecast with a probability of 95% exactly how the story will develop, resolve and conclude. But, what I love about this kind of genre is that there are many number of variations on this theme, but once you see a male character and a female character getting off to a bad start you can pretty much guarantee that they will get together in the end. I guess you feel that rom-com plot is kind of silly because this genre is easy watches that aren’t necessarily acclaimed or classics. True, there are some romcoms with crazy plots out there.

I hope you have watched "Emergency Couple", starring Choi Jin Hyuk since you like 2nd chance dramas. They're divorced couple and end up being reunited. I liked the drama.

In K-Dramas, however, some of our childhood friends transform into someone we cherish even more than we imagined, someone who will be our better half. So, I'm sure you did not watch "Bubblegum" starring Lee Dong Wook and Fight for My Way (Park Seo Joon) due to this kind of trope.

I haven't watched "Goong"/Princess Hours" but, I did for the spin-off starring Se7en. Prince Hours. I've actually finished it because of Se7en. I knew from the time I watched this that he's not actually an actor but singer so, I didn't really expect too much on him. But, the plot worked for me. The show was easier to watch. I do like the different point of view that I get in this spin-off, it's the prince who starts the show as a commoner and needs to get used to palace life, which is the direct opposite of the set-up in Goong/Princess Hours.   :blush:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Probably the biggest cliche about rom-com is that the main characters will initially dislike one another before falling in love by the end of the drama/film. Sometimes it can easily be predicted. You could actually forecast with a probability of 95% exactly how the story will develop, resolve and conclude.

This cliche it is OK for me.  Yes, all the rom coms are predictable but I don`t mind. I can watch light, easy plot. Let`s face it. Some dramas are better written than others. And there is the subjective factor. I did not watch the previous drama of writer Im Ye Jin, The Tale of Nokdu, but I watched and liked Love in the Moonlight, where she was cowriter.

I did not watch any dramas you mentioned but I heard about them.

Reading the plot for Meeting Love on a Log Bridge, they will meet in a school. I like that. I guess the female lead is the teacher there and the male protagonist is the chairman of a high school. I hope Ju Ji Hoon will accept the offer. I am interested. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:24 PM, larus said:

This cliche it is OK for me.  Yes, all the rom coms are predictable but I don`t mind. I can watch light, easy plot. Let`s face it. Some dramas are better written than others. And there is the subjective factor. I did not watch the previous drama of writer Im Ye Jin, The Tale of Nokdu, but I watched and liked Love in the Moonlight, where she was cowriter.

I did not watch any dramas you mentioned but I heard about them.

Reading the plot for Meeting Love on a Log Bridge, they will meet in a school. I like that. I guess the female lead is the teacher there and the male protagonist is the chairman of a high school. I hope Ju Ji Hoon will accept the offer. I am interested. 

@larus  it's a good drama. This show delivered on both romance and a satisfying ending. The ending made a lot of sense and I loved it. Set in the Joseon dynasty, the series is about a man who disguises as a woman to enter a mysterious women-only village in search of the truth about his birth. Since it's historical, it's quite a long EP drama, having 32-EPs. It's out of my comfort zone because it's long but, I find it so good. And  I normally don't like historical dramas. The pacing was the best, too + the chemistry of the leads. There was no hype about the show, but this was such a fun one. I loved the ML's character especially, he was never afraid to express his feelings and he was so supportive.

I've watched Love in the Moonlight, too. I guess they changed now the title to "Love on a Single Log Bridge". It will be via TVING. Same here - I hope he's taking the offer to do the drama.   :kitty:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, willenette said:

it's a good drama. This show delivered on both romance and a satisfying ending. The ending made a lot of sense and I loved it.

I always look who is the writer and what drama he/ she has written. Im Ye jin writer nim doesn`t have many works (she was a cowriter in both dramas) but I am satisfied with her work from what I heard. Let see hopw she will do with the new project.

I guess they changed now the title to "Love on a Single Log Bridge".

It has different titles because of who is translated the Korean one. We don`t have an official English title yet. It is possible that they will change it before the drama airs.

Same here - I hope he's taking the offer to do the drama. 

If the schedules permit and he likes the idea of the script he will accept the offer.

I am still dumbfounded by the fact that actors don`t have the whole script available when they agree to do a drama. They have a synopsis and some discusion about the plot. That`s why many of them accept a drama because of their trust in the PD or writer.

6 hours ago, larus said:

I always look who is the writer and what drama he/ she has written. Im Ye jin writer nim doesn`t have many works (she was a cowriter in both dramas) but I am satisfied with her work from what I heard. Let see hopw she will do with the new project.

If the schedules permit and he likes the idea of the script he will accept the offer.

I am still dumbfounded by the fact that actors don`t have the whole script available when they agree to do a drama. They have a synopsis and some discusion about the plot. That`s why many of them accept a drama because of their trust in the PD or writer.

@larus  You have point here - The main reason why Korean dramas are in high demand is because the storyline is interesting and able to make the audience feel the emotions and Korean culture.

Yes, and sometimes actors are given scripts just a day before shooting. K-dramas usually don’t have pre-written, full scripts. They have a basic plot and dialogue worked out but it can all change last minute.In the ratings war, producers tend to watch the audience’s reactions.If needed, the script will be modified, or even completely re-written. This places actors into a tough situation, as more often than not they would receive pages from a script a couple of hours or even minutes before shooting, while their hair or make-up is being done.   :heart3:

• Like 1

[New Drama] "Love on a Single Log Bridge" (2024)

photo1764570.jpg

Directed by Park Joon-hwa

Written by Lim Ye-jin

Network: TVING

With Ju Ji-hoon,...

Synopsis
A reunion romance that takes place over 15 years when two men and women, who loved each other passionately when they were in school but had to make a painful breakup due to antagonism between families and the mischief of fate, meet again.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2024

*** Ju Ji Hoon took part in an interview with German magazine Mr. ICON while making history as the first-ever Korean celebrity to grace the cover of the German publication. He tackled different Korean media-related topics for his interview, which included the success of K-Pop, K-Dramas, and K-Films. However, it was one specific question and Ju Ji Hoon’s witty answer that has started to take over media sites. During his interview portion, he was asked, “does it hurt your feelings when you hear that all Asians look the same?” While the otherwise baffling and potentially offensive question could have been taken negatively, it was Ju Ji Hoon’s savage response that reportedly cracked up the Mr. ICON studio.   :happydance:

Ju Ji Hoon: “As we see it, all white people look the same. Only Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise look different to us.”

Ju Ji Hoon kept the ball rolling as he continued to tackle other sensitive topics. While discussing the success of Squid Game, he shared his thoughts on Korean productions, while explaining the need for Western streaming platforms to change their mindset when it comes to money.

"Although platforms such as ‘Netflix’ and ‘Disney+’ exist, their structures need to change. Even though Korean films have proven themselves successful, their [streaming platforms] production fees and proposals have remained the same as before."

— Ju Ji Hoon

He concluded by giving readers something to think about—and that was on whether or not Asian stars are given the “appropriate” treatment following global success, such as Squid Game.

"For example, ‘Squid Game’ saw massive success, but did you guys treat the director or the lead actor Lee Jung Jae appropriately?"

— Ju Ji Hoon

dDQ41GSmhSbk0I2wUcHMuqJ7vxL4cBG8BHm1rS6L

eo5EiGr-U1xuc0plWIIM15uZ9SUheRLj4VebhqVV

VBG8HnhpO1zXnHQCUlN7vnKtbAIEkfJTxFwJWXF-

*** The re-make of "Goong" (Princess Hours) is happening this year. The original is still beloved. They're discussing the casting for the female lead while I am interested who might play the male lead. I read somewhere that they gonna do all new casting for it.   :emmm:

• 3 weeks later...

*** Disney+ announced on Feb. 19 its new Korean titles that will be available on the video streaming platform this year. 

Here are the new Korean titles coming to Disney+: Disney+ said more local titles will be announced in the future.   :kicks:

Blood Free

Starring Ju Jihoon (Kingdom) and Han Hyojoo (Moving), "Blood Free" follows a former bodyguard haunted by the failures of his past. After diving down a rabbit hole of tangled leads, he finds himself recruited to protect the CEO of a controversial lab-grown meat company who is also a survivor of the fateful attack that changed his life. 

Light Shop

An adaptation of the hit webtoon of the same name, "Light Shop" follows a group of strangers, each struggling to come to terms with a traumatic event in their past. Going about their daily lives, each individual is mysteriously drawn to a light shop that sits at the end of a seedy alleyway. Guarded by a vigilant shopkeeper, the light shop could hold the key to the strangers’ pasts, presents and futures. Starring Ju Jihoon (Kingdom), Lee Jungeun (Parasite), Park Boyung (Oh My Ghost), and Bae Seongwoo (Veteran), today’s sizzle gave the first look at this eagerly anticipated new series from Kangfull, the visionary behind 2023’s breakout hit series “Moving.”

Disneyplus1_06f5a87c2e.jpg

(Clockwise from top left) “Blood Free,” “The Tyrant,” “Light Shop” and “Unmasked” (Disney+)

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2024/2/19/disney-reveals-action-packed-korean-shows-for-2024

20240221092011_jung-yu-mi-joo-ji-hoon.jp

Jung Yu Mi Joins Joo Ji Hoon In Talks For New Romance Drama By “Love In The Moonlight” Writer

Feb 21, 2024
by M. Lim

Jung Yu Mi and Joo Ji Hoon may be teaming up for a new romance drama!

On February 21, Sports DongA reported that Jung Yu Mi and Joo Ji Hoon have been cast as the lead characters for a new romance drama.

In response to the report, Jung Yu Mi’s agency Management SOOP shared, “[Jung Yu Mi] received an offer to star in the drama and is positively reviewing the offer.”

Earlier in January, Joo Ji Hoon’s agency H& Entertainment had also acknowledged that the drama was among the projects he was considering. When approached for comment, the agency reiterated, “As previously mentioned in January, it is one of the projects [Joo Ji Hoon] has received an offer for and is currently reviewing.”

The drama, initially titled “Love on a Single Log Bridge” (literal title), is reportedly undergoing discussions for a potential title change, with no final decision made yet.

The romance drama unfolds when a man and a woman, who were passionately in love during their school days but had to break up painfully due to family enmity and a twist of fate, reunite after 15 years. Writer Im Ye Jin of “Love in the Moonlight” and “The Tale of Nokdu” as well as producing director Park Joon Hwa who helmed “Because This Is My First Life,” “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim,” and “Alchemy of Souls” will be working together.

For Jung Yu Mi, this will mark her drama comeback after four years since Netflix’s “The School Nurse Files” in 2020.

If Joo Ji Hoon accepts the casting offer, it will be his first romance drama in 18 years after MBC’s “Princess Hours.” Currently, Joo Ji Hoon is also gearing up for the release of his Netflix series “The Trauma Code: Heroes On Call” and Disney+ series “Light Shop.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643982wpp/jung-yu-mi-joins-joo-ji-hoon-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama-by-love-in-the-moonlight-writer

I have not seen Jung Yu Mi on the small screen for some time. I like the couple for this drama. I am looking forward to see them .

• Love 1

Jung Yu Mi is in discussion to return to the K-drama scene with Ju Ji Hoon.

According to an industry insider on February 21, Jung Yu Mi has been picked to star in the upcoming K-drama  Love Is On Single Log Bridge  (working title).  This was also the K-drama that was offered to Ju Ji Hoon for his grand return to the romance genre. 

Jung Yu Mi's agency hasn't responded to the casting reports. 

Love Is On Single Log Bridge will showcase the love story of a man and woman who will overcome fate and different obstacles. It will tell the story of a man and a woman who loved each other dearly at the age of 18 but because of their parents' opposition, they had to separate. 15 years later, the two meet again and decide to fight and grow their love. 

Jung Yu Mi will reportedly play the role of Yoon Ji Won who will get reunited with her high school lover after 15 years. 

According to reports, the production team of the upcoming series is currently fixing the drama's settings and its contents, The team will soon begin casting the supporting actors.

Love Is On Single Log Bridge will be the collaboration work of director Park Joon Hwa (Alchemy of Souls, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, and Because This Is My First Life) and writer Im Ye Jin (The Tale of Nokdu, Love in the Moonlight, and Who Are You: School 2015). 

2wqqwO_2f.jpg

If Jung Yu Mi confirms her casting, this will be her grand comeback to the K-drama world after almost four years. 

She last starred in the 2020 Netflix original K-drama The School Nurse Files with Nam Joo Hyuk, Lee Joo Young, Yoo Teo, Kim Dong Hyun, and Jang Joon Hyun

Jung Yu Mi is also expected to lead the upcoming K-drama When the Day Breaks alongside Han Seok Kyu, Yeom Hye Ran, Kim Joon Han, Ryu Hye Young, and Lee Hee Joon

The actress will also reportedly return to the new season of tvN's variety show Jinny's Kitchen

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-yu-mi-in-talks-to-make-a-romance-k-drama-comeback-with-ju-ji-hoon

• Love 1

Disney+ drama BloodFree confirmed to release on April 10. It follows a former bodyguard haunted by the failures of his past. After following several leads, he finds himself recruited to protect the CEO of a controversial lab-grown meat company, who is also a survivor of the fateful attack that changed his life.

*** The upcoming Disney+ series Blood Free” (previously also known as “Dominant Species”) is gearing up for its premiere! The newly released teaser poster captivates with the novel concept of artificially cultured meat. This drama boasts a star-studded cast aside from Joo Ji Hoon and Han Hyo Joo. “Blood Free” is slated to premiere on April 10 via Disney+.  I've been waiting for this.  :Twerkdatbutt:

BF-.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=477&aid=0000476728

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Joo Ji Hoon And Han Hyo Joo’s New Drama “Blood Free” By Writer Of “Forest Of Secrets” Confirms Premiere Date

20240304022311_Joo-Ji-Hoon-Han-Hyo-Joo.j

Joo Ji Hoon and Han Hyo Joo’s upcoming Disney+ series “Blood Free” (previously also known as “Dominant Species”) is gearing up for its premiere!

“Blood Free” is a suspense thriller about Yoon Ja Yoo (Han Hyo Joo), the CEO of the genetic engineering enterprise BF that opens a new era of artificially cultured meat in 2025, and Woo Chae Woon (Joo Ji Hoon), a retired officer-turned-guard who deliberately approaches her, as they get swept up in a mysterious death and incident.

“Blood Free” is the new project of screenwriter Lee Soo Yeon, who wrote “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”) and “Grid,” and director Park Cheol Han of “Grid,” raising anticipation for their new collaboration on the upcoming suspense thriller.

The newly released teaser poster captivates with the novel concept of artificially cultured meat. The text, “Will you join us in this age of artificially cultured meat?” above the photo of the lab-grown meat with the logo of Blood Free stamped clearly in the center previews the story to come.

Spoiler

BF-.jpg

In addition to Joo Ji Hoon and Han Hyo Joo, “Blood Free” boasts a star-studded cast. Lee Hee Joon will be taking on the role of prime minister Sun Woo Jae who wants to take over BF Group. Lee Moo Saeng will play On San, the head of the research center and BF Group’s founding member who has been friends with Yoon Ja Yoo for 20 years. Kim Sang Ho will transform into Kim Shin Goo, a biotechnologist who develops the key technology of artificially cultured meat. Furthermore, Jeon Suk Ho will play BF Group’s IT expert Seo Hee while Park Ji Yeon will play BF Group’s planning director Jung Hae Deun.

“Blood Free” is slated to premiere on April 10 via Disney+. Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi News