[drama 2003] Damo 다모

Guest JJUYA

But she does survive and begs for his audience, she relays the news that the bandits are really rebels preparing to raise an insurrection, she credits Yoon with the credit. She also reveals that the Training General, Commander Park and Yoon were set up by them.

Fangirl Side-track: SMACK the king and his bodyguard for yelling at a girl is barely holding on to her life.

Ok, bloodied, bruised and barely able to stand makes her way slowly back to Officer Lee, watching her move is so sad...

Fangirl Side-Track: Dam that king...couldn't he have sent someone to take her back?!

Thief and his wife comes across her, they take her back to Officer Lee where she using the last of her breath reveals she was able to see the king then promptly pass out.

In the palace, the King speaks to his personal bodyguard for his opinion. He chooses to believe Ok and calls for Commander Park and Yoon to be released with a secret message from himself.

Ok is seen by a doctor and diagnose as a living corpse, that she is likely not going to survive from the injuries.

Personal Bodyguard goes to release them, he tells Yoon he's got a fine but reckless girl under him..."Did she call herself Chae Ok?"

Yoon returns to a comatose Ok, he's holds onto her hand and tries very hard to hold onto his tears. The doctor said only a royal physician may have the ways to save her, but the physician refuses to treat a slave girl, Yoon can only wait...with Last Haven playing in the back ground, this is really Yoon's song.

Yoon gets on his knees and begs him to save the girl, when begging the man doesn't work, Yoon threatens him with death, claiming he will kill both men and himself.

The physician goes to see her but is unable to do anything, her injuries are too severe.

Fangirl side-track: How can she be slashed that badly but still have clear skin...and did no one think of swiping the blood off her, change her out of those clothes that has no holes from sword wounds and I don't know...bandage the cuts? Just saying.

Yoon is unwilling to give up, he takes Ok and goes find his teacher...

Fangirl side-track: One of my favorite scene...

Yoon holds onto the unconscious Ok and rides through the night, through the day, only stopping for water, he tends to her while she lays in his lap and hugs her to him, letting his tears fall. :(( :((

I love this scene so much...Last Haven is playing in the back ground throughout the whole thing.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@pegster I did realized she was going to 'die', its basically a suicide mission. That letter was so so sad...

Yoon reaches his teacher with Ok in his arms.

Commander Park is pissed the Yoon has left when they've been task with royal orders.

Officer Lee goes back to the Mountain Camp to see if they could find any more information, he pays his respects to the dead raid soldiers. He comes across Beak's retainer and the boy with leprosy, he follows them back and hears the sound of metal on metal and goes to investigates. They are making fake coins.

He goes back to report and is told to go raid them immediately, the news leaks out to the magistrate who goes to tell the Prime Minister who orders the village to be wiped out. Magistrate is worried Beak will not be happy, but he is told to organize it that Beak finds the soldiers there instead and thinks they killed the lepers.

The Japanese soldiers are sent to kill off the lepers, Beaks retainer is also there and though he tries to fight them off he is also killed in the process. His retainer manages to hold onto one of the Japanese sword.

The next morning, Commander Park and Officer Lee arrives to find the whole village slaughtered, even they cry over the death of all the innocent people. Commander Park orders for the bodies to be buried and the village burnt. (which they didn't do)

Beak and co arrives too late, they find dead bodies only, Beak cries over his retainer's body, the man whom had saved him and risk his life to raise him all these years. Bandit Girl sees the sword in his hands and realizes the killers are Japanese soldiers.

Beak is mighty pissed off and demands to see the Prime Minister.

@larabn He's not smacking her on the back, he's releasing the pressure on her chest that was stopping her from speaking but yeah, the shouting was unnecessary.

Back in the mountains, Yoon tends to Ok, still unconscious, he finds the letter and reads it. Ok's voice narrates the letter once more, only this time we see the memories that had run through Ok's mind at the time and before her 'death'. Song of Devotion plays in the back ground.

She ends the letter with telling him to forget about her and move on...Yoon cries reading the letter, he is unable to say goodbye when he has yet to tell her loves her, how his heart raced when she told him she could only breath while helping him and how she was his reason for breathing as well, he didn't have a chance to say anything and 15 years has gone by...be begs her not to go through tears.

Fangirl side-track: How sad is this scene man...Lee Seo Jin I love you...as Yoon that is.

Beak goes to see Prime Minister, Beak knows it was not the police because of the sword, the Prime Minister still denies it but Beak doesn't believe him. So PM calls out the Japanese soldiers, who agrees that the sword is theirs but claims they lost it while transporting the coins. The Japanese soldier whom the short sword belongs to commits suicide to prove his innocence.

Beak still doesn't believe them because the police should have taken prisoners instead, but PM (who is the Defense Minister) said it was an act of revenge. Beak lets it go because he can't prove anything, he leaves. The Defence Minister is angry and berates the magistrate for almost causing Beak to leave as Beak is the only person who could win the hearts of people.

Beak is unable to hold his anger and sorrow in and takes it out on a poor tree, while Bandit Girl cries in for him.

Guest larabn

I love this scene so much

ibfMcr9DwbuRy3.gif
iuA6WMBNwctJi.gif
iYi7MZsexy7V8.gif
iB4KA9GO8TJEq.gif
izXad5GGNS8Jf.gif
ibvZbZbXyrKj9Z.gif

@tieuyeunu
yeah I know why he did this but it was painful to see her gasping after it

Back in the mountains, Yoon is task with giving Ok the final push, it would either kill her or bring her back from her coma.

Yoon takes her into the prayer room, brushes and ties her hair up, while he fights with himself and his fears, he pulls her into a back hug and cries.

He finally calls on the power of wind (not that kind) and releases his blast of Chi at her...

Fangirl Side track: how pretty are they in their white getup

He gets knocked back out of the room, breaking the door on his way out, he looks up and it ends.

Episode 10.

Yoon comes in to check on her and Ok breaths again and open her eyes, he smiles in relief.

Yoon walks up the mountains and takes a drink while he looks around the place, finding beauty in everything he sees. He cooks medicine for Ok and takes it in, Ok is resting but she is restless.

Yoon touches her head and leans down to give her medicine, in her sleep, Ok calls out to Beak, telling him to run because the soldiers are coming. Yoon is shocked.

He vents his frustration on the same surrounding he found so beautiful that very morning. It's ok its not him, but it can't be Beak.

Back at the police headquarters, Commander Park and Officer Lee found their leek, he takes the Commander as hostage but Yoon comes back in time to save him, the informant commits suicide. Commander Park berates Yoon and tells him to leave, Yoon continues to kneel outside, he remembers leaving Ok behind at the temple, but his master says both Ok and himself are not people of the temple.

Lady comes to see her father, she ask him to consider Yoon and Ok's relationship and how much they love each other. He ask her why she still chooses Yoon when she knows how much Yoon and Ok loves each other, but she believes Yoon and Ok has no future and she wants to be there for Yoon. Commander Park understand as he loves his daughter but is unwilling to forgive that easily. She goes to kneel beside Yoon instead.

Fangirl Side-Track: I don't' know if I'm suppose to be hating Lady or not, I know what she is doing is 'right' in a sense but I can't help but see her as a third party, if she's always thinking of Yoon's future, then why can't she think of Ok? Is Ok really that unimportant because she's a slave girl that she doesn't even register on her mind?

Yoon is called in my Commander Park, he ask him straight his feelings for Ok, which Yoon denies, Commander Park berates him for not thinking of the bigger picture, he ask him to choose, to either Ok or the Police, Yoon chooses the police force. The Commander orders him to move Ok's post to another branch when she returns and then marry his daughter once they complete their mission.

Fangirl side-track: I've decided I hate the Commander, I hate his daughter who can't take no for an answer.

Cut to Ok back on the mountain, she is back on her feet, she wish to capture Beak, her master tells her she is now baron due to her injuries, Ok replies she was never in a position that was able to have a husband and child anyway, her words belies her feelings, she's obviously pained over the news.

he tells her to visit a temple nearby as he heard her parents ashes are stored there.

OMG...another scene to cry over...I remember how sad this episode is now.

Ok goes to visit and kneels in front of their tablets, she's told a year ago a young man had brought them to the temple, she holds on to them and cries her heart out.

The belief she had held onto for so long of finding her mother and brother partly shattered at the knowledge that her mother had passed.

Beak comes to the temple with Bandit Girl, he is bring the ashes of the lepers, he passes by a crying Ok but she's hunched on the ground and turning away from him, he can only see her from behind and doesn't see her face.
He goes to see the head monk who told him a young woman had come to pay respect to the ashes of his parents and asked about him, he returns to the prayer room but Ok is gone. He chases her down the mountains, Ok is already on her way down and in the forest, Beak is still at the top, he calls our her name, her real name, Ok hears a sound and slows down but doesn't stop.

Beak continues to call out her name and collapes on the ground crying, the missed chance of finding his long lost sister tearing him apart. Song of Sorrow plays in the background.

Yoon and Officer Lee are told that the informant's records had been destroyed, signalling that someone much higher up had managed to get to them first. Officer Lee ask Yoon if this isn't just a counterfeit coin case, he thinks its a rebellion, Yoon doesn't answer.

Ok returns to the bureau.

Lady ask to meet Yoon, who ask him to marry her even though she knows he loves Ok, Ok comes at the same time and can hear from behind, Yoon tells Lady they are not meant to be. Lady finally gets the hint and turns to see Ok, she's shocked and calls out to her, but Ok only smiles and walks away.

She runs into Ahn, who ask her to marry him, he gives her a present and tells her he can't live without her, he pulls her into an embrace, he wants her to quit working and get married, she's touched up to the piont he talks about having kids. He wants to raise a daughter like her, Ok cries and is unable to say anything, she runs back to her room where she breaks down crying.

Fangirl Side-track: Good god...must you really do this show, every time I watch this scene I can't help but feel angry over how much they are putting her through.

Yoon comes to see her...

Sister Complaining...stoping now.

Sorry I was running late and had to take off.

I just have one thing to say, don't hit me, but I laughed a little at the scene of HBY on the horse with CO behind him.

CO is suppose to be unconscious at that time, but she was still able hold on around his waist... @-)

They should have had her in front or tied her arms around his waist. Oh well.

Guest larabn

ep10

iJjBI46yORoyM.gif

This is a painful ep.... more than one heartbreak at once ... poor CK
ibrfVgdEewq5CD.gif
ib0mz595NJrE1r.gif

and as usual a missed chance!!!!

isrDwxKtxUlGw.gif
ib0YpqBRQhRkPr.gif
Damn it!!! Damn it!!! Damn it!!! :-w
ibl7DNa4YjkGQw.gif

:-w :(( :-w :(( :-w :(( :-w :((

Guest larabn

@pegster
I was wondering about how is CK holding on to him on the horse while being unconscious... did he tie her hands around him or something  :-?

pegster said: Sorry I was running late and had to take off. I just have one thing to say, don't hit me, but I laughed a little at the scene of HBY on the horse with CO behind him. CO is suppose to be unconscious at that time, but she was still able hold on around his waist... @-) They should have had her in front or tied her arms around his waist. Oh well.

Guest larabn

Did you have to open your mouth about the daughter :-w

ivSUPCRZtQtz5.gif

yeah, she did think about the daughter topic thanks to you and the result was ...

i4TiBuIerWhtG.gif
:(

but atleast you are kind, this is cute

iiSsBA8PMYZkc.gif

I will need to go now but see you guys next ep :)

Speaking of funny scenes, I couldn't help but keep thinking that HBY better be careful not to move that cover too much to reveal CO's back during that even where he found CO's letter.

I know, I know I'm paying attention to the wrong things.

Catching up form Episode 6.

Looking back, I realized this episode marked the end of the introductions. Everyone we need to know about has made an appearance by now. Odd is it not? An 14 episode film that took 6 episodes to introduce its key players.

The scene at the leprosy village…besides grossing us out… (Was it really necessary? I could have done without the realism.)

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h10m38s143.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m00s33.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m09s117.png

Shows why Beak is someone the normal people are willing to follow, why he is so indispensable to the rebellion. He’s lack of discriminative towards the poor, the old and the sickly makes him stand heads and shoulder above the normal men of the time.

Though most of our heroes are generally portrayed like this, Beak goes a step further and gives them back their dignity. He views them as people who still have the usage in the world, allows them to take part in the rebellion, he gives them that sense of fulfillment that you can only get from being able to hold your head up high and say “I’ve done my duty”.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h10m49s1.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h10m51s19.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h10m52s32.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h11m03s137.png

This scene also gives Ok a chance to see the world Beak hopes to create, a world of equals, where no man is left behind.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h11m22s75.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h11m41s11.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h11m44s40.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h11m50s96.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h12m16s104.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h12m48s170.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m10s126.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m17s196.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m22s248.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m50s21.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m54s55.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m04s162.png

Fangirl side-track: This scene was so hot for some reason. I don’t even ship them but couldn’t help thinking how hot this looked and how inappropriate, not just the fact that they are siblings but because they are bandaging a kid up.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m37s140.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m40s172.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h13m42s191.png

It also shows us, as the audience that Ok is someone who would be able to appreciate the world he wants.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m05s172.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m07s190.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m10s222.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m14s1.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m17s33.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h14m25s115.png

If Yoon was here, I think he would also help, but Yoon is too busy being stuck in his room and thinking of Ok.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h24m24s209.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h25m20s9.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h25m29s94.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h25m47s24.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h25m55s98.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h25m57s122.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h26m04s191.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h26m06s215.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h26m07s223.png

The Raid on the Evil Noble’s Home

Beak decides to hit the Noble’s home though he is told it is too dangerous and they are outnumbered. I believe his decision comes solely from the stand point of an older brother, knowing that his only sister was also sold off as a slave; he can’t stand the thought of it happening to others.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h35m01s189.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h35m12s39.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h35m14s55.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h36m04s50.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h36m13s132.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h36m14s149.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h36m16s167.png

Beak and Ok’s reaction during this exchange is very different from one another, while Beak is angered, Ok’s reaction seems oddly more serene, like the issue doesn’t affect her emotionally, even though she’s the one who was sold as a slave.

I think it shows the difference between their lives growing up, Beak lived with his master, training to one day being able to locate his mother and sister to save them, while Ok, although sold off as a slave, she was taken in by Yoon and lived in seclusion from the world with him where they spent their times training and playing together. Although Ok misses her family, she is never angered over her dilemma because it allowed her to meet Yoon, in Yoon she found the stability and the love as a child, hence, Yoon became such an important part of her life. While anything having to do with Jae Hui, his sister would affect Beak’s normally more rational mind.

Once they raided the Nobel’s house and captured him, Ok witness Beak take down the noble, her reaction this time is very different to when they had killed the officer, since to her; this man was an evil man. Looking back on the first time Beak and met Ok on the boat, she was also about to stab an ‘evil’ nobleman, so her reaction this time is also in character, and that’s probably why Beak had taken a chance with her and had insisted she come along.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h40m59s183.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h41m01s200.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h41m02s215.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h41m43s106.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h41m44s120.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h42m37s132.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h42m40s162.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h42m44s207.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h42m46s230.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h42m51s16.png

The soldiers arrive so the group takes off, Ok is hit in the shoulder by a gun and falls to the ground, we are shown Beak stopping to look back at her, images of his sister overlaying Ok.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m11s218.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m13s237.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m21s66.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m29s143.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m31s161.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m35s203.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m36s220.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m38s238.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m39s245.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m50s103.png

When I first watched this scene, I thought Beak was able to recognize Ok as his sister, but when I watched it again, older, Beak isn’t seeing her has Jae Hui but is recognizing the situation they are in, he knows Ok’s a girl about his sister’s age, but he never even thought she could be Jae Hui because Jae Hui has no reason to change her name and would not work for the same government that had brought down their family.

What’s important for Beak at this point was 13 years ago, when he was in the same position, he was unable to save Jae Hui and when urged to leave, he had allowed himself to be taken from her and watched as Jae Hui was dragged away.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m52s115.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m56s156.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m58s183.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h43m59s190.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m01s204.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m03s223.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m09s36.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m12s59.png

Now, 13 years later, he is a grown man, someone who has the capabilities to fend for him and his love ones, so he turned back.  I believe, at this moment, it wasn’t Ok or Jae Hui that was the biggest push for him to turn back, but his own guilt for all those years. Though he’s fondness towards Ok and longing for his sister played a big part in it.

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m13s69.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m15s94.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m20s137.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m23s177.png
vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m28s225.pngvlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m29s232.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-11-23h44m33s20.png

Well thats the end of episode 6. I'll be trying very hard to get 7-10 done before the next viewing.

pegster said: Speaking of funny scenes, I couldn't help but keep thinking that HBY better be careful not to move that cover too much to reveal CO's back during that even where he found CO's letter. I know, I know I'm paying attention to the wrong things.

@tieuyeunu‌ I keep waiting to read your views about each scene for every episode. I really love to read it and I am your fan. Your writings are insightful. Reading your views made me feel like I am actually watching all the scenes of the episodes with all of you at the same time. And you even explain it to us about some scenes that I don't really understand. Thanks a lot :-bd.

However, I think JSB didn't know CO's name, both the new name (CO) and of course the real name (JH) till the day when HBY told him. He never called her by name though. I remember one scene in the cave before he passed out, he asked CO's name.

@Ben1090 I'm glad someone likes to read it, it takes so long to do. I figured I'll finished the whole thing so that anyone in the future could read it as well. DAMO was the show that made me a Kdrama addict so I love to talk about it.

Sadly, I'm sick and sore from dodge ball (I really need to learn how to dodge better) so won't be watching tonight, hopefully those who are watching has fun and upload lots of pictures.

Tonight is the buildup to the cave scene...

Archived