[drama 2003] Damo 다모

Guest JJUYA

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excerpt from Ha Ji Won's book 'This is the moment' (I know we've been calling it, 'Right this moment' but in the book, it actually has an English translation of the title, and it's called 'This is the moment', I'm not sure how accurate that is since my version is the Chinese translated version).
** SPOILER TAG ISN'T WORKING, don't read on if you don't want to be spoiled **

The Men I've Loved.
First love, Jang Sang Baek
The one who carries a freestyle messy hair, wearing a ripped old robe, covered with wounds all over, that man with blood stains all over him.  He appears to be tough, but occasionally you can see the sorrow gleaming in his eyes, and from time to time gives off a tender smile.
In recollecting the men who I've loved, who is my first love, the first person who I think of is him, the Jang Sang Baek of 'Damo'.  The love that still lies deep in my heart, the first love that pains my heart...
When I was undercover as a mute, while we were walking, he said 'I really wish that we can stay in these mountains forever and live like this."  The moment I heard those words, it felt like my heart at stopped beating.  I was afraid that he'd hear the thumping sound of my heart beat, I was so flustered my cheeks turned red.  Even if I just see him my heart with beat harder, this is when I realized that this is the feeling when your heart is moved.  "Ah, I'm in love".
Before this, I always thought that the person I loved was official (Hwang Bo Yun).But my feelings toward JSB and HBY are different.  HBY is someone who I want to guard (protect), and JSB is someone who I want to be with.  But we can't be together, it's a painful feeling.  To me, he really is a man.  That's the love that I want to hold on to, even though I know that we're enemies, I am still not able to stop it (the love?), it's a love that can't be stopped by anyone.
In the end when I had to raise my sword at him, unconsciously my hands started quivering.  Not because I had to plunge my sword at him, but because I was looking at him, my heart was quivering, from the way he looked at me I could feel the quivering of that helpless love.
This is my first love, a passionate love, I'm willing to give up everything for him, just like how ran to him without a second thought.

Hahaha @tieuyeunu it seems like we're just meant to watch together. 
I'm out right now and not able to make it either.
EDIT: Sorry everyone, I have plans this Sat (Jul/5) and won't be able to join the 'broadcast'.
Sorry @ChelseaS that it seems like we're all bailing on you just as you're about to start with us.
Summer really isn't a good time to be doing this haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Knock, knock, anyone here today?
Sorry I'm late.  I'm on ep11 right now, the famous cave scene.

I don't know about others, but I think the fact that I know they're siblings make this cave scene less effective for me.

• 8 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

​Throwback Thursday: The 5 best historical dramas of the 2000s

by whatadrama on Thu, Mar 26, 2015

Is your love for K-dramas genre-specific? Are you skeptical of dramas that are not romantic comedies? Fear no more! We’ve prepared a list of the best historical dramas produced in the past decade. They deal with Korea’s rich history from 37 BC to the 1600s chronologically. Check these out!

4. Damo (2003)

Featuring all-time favorite Ha Ji Won as Damo, meaning a female detective, Damo tells a story of Chae Ok, played by Ha Ji Won, who is determined to get both love and career in full swing. Highlight: Chae Ok's romance gets complicated with two hot men, Hwangbo Yoon and Jang Sung Baek.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/throwback-thursday-the-5-best-historical-dramas-of-the-2000s/

• 5 months later...
Guest rasberryMINT

So a question I've been wondering about for 12 years regarding what potentially happens post-episode 14 ending: Everyone else finds out about Chae-Ok and Jang Sung-Baek's true (biological) relationship, right? 

Just wondering what you guys think..... (if there are any more Damo fans left hahaha)

P.S. - Rewatching this drama is making me have the hots for Lee Seo Jin again!! He did such a good job as Hwangbo Yoon.

Archived