[drama 2003] Damo 다모

Guest JJUYA

Don't remember where I read it but HJW already knew how to ride a horse before she debuted as an actress, riding is one of her hobbies that even till now she still practices.

Oh the fake out is here.

Where Beak is shown to be her brother and Ok suspects Beak to be her brother, but he goes and makes a hasty decision that destroys that hope. Had he been truthful things could have been very different.

@pegster I know right, I'm sick and dehydrated but still manages to stay up.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest larabn

Sorry guys, I won't be able to watch Damo today
I'll try to find some time to do some GIfs later
Enjoy ep 7 and 8 :)

I'm here!  Woke up just in time to start!
I was reading HJW's 'This is the moment', and she talked about the 'men I loved', there was mention of the man she loved in Damo.
I'll post it in here once I'm more awake.
@tieuyeunu is it ep6  or 7?

Somehow I feel that if I didn't know that JSB was CO's brother, I probably would be rooting for them instead of CO/BY.
They seem to just have this connection, like they're made for each other, only issue is, this connection is because they're siblings, of course they have this connection!
Ahh...stress!!!

Episode 7...

Well we pickup from last week when Ok has been wounded by the guards, Beak looks on her and is reminded of his sister.

Unable to leave another 'girl' behind he comes back for her. Song of Sorrow plays in the background.

In the mean time, Thief finds Ok's hair band from when she was 7. Confirming for us what we had already suspected, they are blood siblings. Not half but full siblings.

They ride back, Ok unconcious and held in Beak's arms. (I know this should be icky but somehow I still find it quiet romantic).

Meanwhile, Yoon falsl sick and is obviously disturbed in his sleep. Lady tends to him but he ask her to leave.

She 'begs' him to take his medicine, he takes it but is not thankful, he's only concern is with Ok. (Poor Lady).

Ok is brought back and Beak tells everyone to get out while he tends to her. (Thief's crying is touching, he obviously cares)

Thief tells Officer Lee about Ok's wounds and is afraid she would die. Lee says he will report it back then decide then.

Beak undresses Ok and hovers at her under garment (Why he was thinking of taking it off I'm not too sure...maybe he is just a bit shock to 'see' her femininity)

Ok wakes up in time and stops him from going further.

Catfight!
Seriously, if CO wasn't already hurt, this other girl (sorry forgot her name) would not have been able to beat her.
And what's the point of covering the face, she's wearing the same clothes and using the same sword haha.
Now we have HBY to the rescue, he's just ready to do anything to save CO, even if it means to kill someone without a second thought.

This scene with CO and HBY meeting again was so well done, it's such a good scene.
HBY is rambling off asking her questions about about her health and well being.CO is rambling off asking him questions about him being removed from his position.
Oh...the other girl's name is Sau Myeong (SM).

Beak very matter of factly tells her to sit the other way so he can take the bullet out. (Not a scene for the faint hearted...)

Ok refuses a cloth to bit on instead just holds it in. Beak bandages her up. (Very badly I might add).

He ask her how she can hold in the pain...(of him digging out the bullet with his blunt knief.)

He turns to leave, Ok finally speaks up, thanking him for his help, she states she had life like a mute and will continue to do so. Beak is shocked at her speaking to him but tells her to rest.

He tells Thief that he has taken the bullet out, he looks back at the room while the others go in to see her. Holding the bullet in his fist, he smiles down at it.

The man's in love...or very much on his way.

Meanwhile, beloved Yoon is still sick and has just received the news that Ok has been wounded, he blames himself for letting her go. He begs the commander to let him go get her but the commander refused, they have not found anything useful yet and Yoon doing anything will only make it harder in the future.

Yoon is unable to go to her and is beating himself over it, Officer Man steals a horse for him and urges him to go find her. Yoon rides off.

Back at bandit camp, Ok finally emerges after spending soem time to recuberate, Beak coems to see her and ask her to come to the river to hang out with the rest. News of Yoon's dismissal finally hits Ok, the bandits laugh over the matter but Ok and Thief are both concerned.

Beak's 2nd in command returns, she recognizes Ok but Beak tells her to be quiet about it.

Ok returns to her room and prepares to go back to Yoon, Thief wants to come but she tells him to stay behind as she will only be gone for a while.

@pegster I agree. I love this scene...you're a few minutes in front I think.

Ok is on her way down the mountain and catches Beak handing a letter to a horseman, she chases after the guy and manages to take the letter off him.

Bandit Girl stops her and they fight, Ok is still wounded and weak, she manages to hold Bandit Girl off for while but finally her strength gives out. (HOW DARE SHE WOUNDS MY OK's FACE!!!)

Yoon arrives in the nick of time and runs BG through with his sword.

BG runs off and Yoon walks towards Ok.

Through her hazy view it takes her a few moments to recognise Yoon. When she does she pulls her mask down and slumps to the ground, her feet unable to support her any longer.

Yoon kneels down besides her asking her after her wound while she ask after his dismissal.

Both more worried about the other then themselves.

Finally, their emotions overcome them and Yoon pulls her into a tight embrace, both crying over their 'almost' seperation.

@pegster Thanks...now Bandit Girl will be called SM.

SM returns to Beak, he stops himself from going to her, telling her off for disobeying him. SM tells him Yoon has come up to the mountains, Beak is not worried. SM finally collapses from her wounds, Beak holds her and yells for the doctor. His anger apparent.

Yoon takes a wounded Ok back to the inn with Officer Lee and Thief's wife. Ok is still bleeding, she takes out the letter she took off the horseman and gives to Yoon. It's a blank paper.

She smells the paper then hovers it over the fire and words appear, accusing the Training General of treason. Ok even though wounded suggest to set up a raid as soon as possible, she heads off with him back to the police command.

Thief is briefed on the attack, he relays to Beak that Ok has left for the temples. Beak smiles and says nothing about it.

Yoon goes to see Commander Park, he is suspicious as the Training Genral is a good man and is also his childhood friend. Yoon tells him about the meeting he had with the Training Genreal when the man spoke about a rebellion and having an elite force.

Commander Park chooses to believe in Yoon and wants him to go look for the evidence.

Yoon and Ok goes to the General's house while Commander Park ask the Training General over for drinks.

Yoon and Ok finds a hidden cabinet in his home and finds the mold for the fake coins.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is angry at JSB for setting up this trap for CO?
CO seems so confused right now.  
The thing is, after you read HJW's view on CO's love between JSB and HBY, then you'll have a better understanding.

Commander Park tells Officer Beak (Whom I've been calling Officer Man) to arrest the training General.

Ok goes back to her room to rest, her thoughts go back to Beak and his caring words and actions towards her. She feels conflicted but shakes her head to rid herself of the thought.

Meanwhile, Beak tries out the guns and likes them, he makes a comment that three tigers will fall. A rotten slab of mean, an old tiger and that j-e-r-k.

The Training Officer's crime is laid before the Prime Minister, while Commander Park says to investigate things further, some of the other ministers want to take action immediately. The Prime Minister wants to wait for the King, he reinstates Yoon and tells them to lead the raid immediately.

Young Commander Park is unhappy at the turn of events. Yoon comes in ask he is berating his 'team' for working with Yoon behind his back. Yoon tells them to prepare for the raid.

Commander Park  goes to see the Training General, he protest his innocence but Commander Park doesn't believe him as they found the molds in his room.

Prime Minister and the others want to torture the Training General into admitting for his crimes, the King returns on time and the Training General refuses to admit his crime, the King believes him and puts on a torture band.

That night, Yoon and Commander Park is preparing for the raid when they hear news that the Training General has committed suicide.

@pegster really? she wrote about it in her book? that's awesome. Will be waiting patiently (try to at least) for your updates.

Episode 8.

The Training General commits suicide, leaving behind a blood letter to protest his innocence, he chooses to die to protect the King from words of favoritism.

Commander Park cries over the letter, finally believing his friend to be innocent of his crime.

The King is angered at the lost of a very honorable loyal subject, he berates Commander Park for believing his friend to be a criminal. He strips them off their power and jails them. Ok, Officer Beak, Young Commander Park and Lady comes to see them being taken away. Lady collapes from the view. Ok looks on with tears in her eyes, Yoon looks back at her. Neither able to do anything.

Ok returns to Yoon's commanding room, takes his hat and hugs it while she cries. She remembers his words about looking into her soul, their memories together. Her tears slowly falls While The Last Haven plays in the background.

Ok returns to her room when Young Ahn comes for her, he ask her to come with him since Yoon is gone. she leaves him behind. Old Ahn tells him off for wanting a servant girl, but more then that, a servant girl who obviously does not hold any regards to him.

In Prison, Commander Park realises he has been set up, Yoon blames himself for the mistake.

@tieuyeunu yes, HJW wrote a section about the men in her dramas, and she specifically had a section for her man for Damo.  She also mentioned about how she was prepared when the Damo opportunity came up.
I'll translate those sections in a few days, maybe Sunday if it rains (we have weather forecast for this Sunday, tomorrow).
This is when I start to feel bad for that General's son, I actually started to like him from here on.  I can understand why he's been the way he was in the past, but see that he really is noble inside, but he just let his jealousy overcome his nobleness.

Young Commander Park wants to lead the raid to help his father, Prime Minister agrees to it after talking to the King, only asking him to put his life at stake to make sure the raid goes off smoothly. He goes to see his father before he leaves, he ask for Commander Parks 'regards' since it was something he had wanted but his father had refused to give. Commander Park tells him he is over his head and he should pull out, he is not fit to lead the raid when he is so hot headed.

Commander Park apologizes for his mistake when raising him wrong and even till the end refuses to acknowledge his son's merits. (I hate him!)

Yoon tells him good luck, he thanks him and bows to his father before leaving. He tells his father if he is able to return, he would like to take his family to live with his father, Commander Park is choked up but swallows it down.

Next day, Lady goes to see Prime Minister, he mentions the marriage proposal but she still refuses.

Ok is dejected and stays in her room, Commander Park and Officer Beak comes to see her, she refuses to answer, not even when he holds a sword to her, she ask to be killed instead. He berates her for wasting away and not doing her best to save them, she questions if they would be able to save them.

Archived