[drama 2003] Damo 다모

Guest JJUYA

@bwear does it help that they...

CO and HBY doesn't actually call each other brother and sister and really don't have that type of relationship. They are master and servant but view each other as family. Though everyone else considers them more of the man-woman relationship. For CO and JSB, there relationship is revealed very early so it's not a shock to the viewers. They are drawn to each other and eventually come to view this as love but they never really go anywhere.

I am one of those that don't like fauxcest either but I didn't find this relationship icky mainly because the two simply didn't know about each other so they mistook their feelings of those of romantic inclination.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tieuyeunu

Thanks for the reply :).

I'm actually really OK with Chae-ok and Yoon, since I do think they see each other as man and woman rather than brother and sister. They are still in that kind of more than friends, but less than lovers relationship. And the reason why the love cannot be blossomed is because society won't allow them due to the class hierarchy. But with Chae-ok's silent tears during The Lady's confession, and Yoon gently caressing his Ok's cheeks.. Ehm no, I don't feel sibling love AT ALL. They share so much feelings and yearning for each other.

What bugged me was the mere idea of Chae-ok and her real oraboni having a loveline (I have yet to see how it is going to be portrayed in the drama though). It gave me the shivers lol. But since you pointed out that they feel a strong attachment rather than "love" (they better not make out LOL), I suppose it's tolerable. It makes sense that they have this indescribable chemistry since they are siblings.

But I'm definitely on Team Yoon for now! :)>-

@Bwear

there is definitely a love line between Chae-ok and her real oraboni, they don't go as far as making out but there is one very uncomfortable scene later one. I won't spoil it for you but from someone who hates fauxcest, incest or anything to do with family ties (even cousins gross me out) and also someone who never warmed up to Jang Sung Bak, I can tell you I did not mind this relationship as much as I minded say My Girl or My 19 Year Old Sister In Law.

I don't know if you would feel the same way when you watch it, but I didn't feel disgusted because I think part of me understands why they are drawn to each other, had there been no relations between them, I would have wished her to end up with him even though I am most definitely Team Yoon.

@pegster‌ thank you for explaining about the scar. A scar ( or even some scars) will never affect her face because she has a natural beauty that come from her natural beautiful face and her beautiful heart :-bd

@tieuyeunu‌ thanks a lot for your recaps and you're not alone while doing it because I keep refreshing this forum to read your recaps. They were so good and I love to read it and I like your way of quoting some pictures and then make your own review about that scene. You're awesome ;)

Ok, I'm ready for tomorrow.
I do have a bit of bad news, I will only be able to stick around for episode 5, gotta do some chores, but I promise!  After this week, everything will be back to normal, and I will be here every weekend for the full 'broadcast'!!!

well on to episode 5 and 6.

Our fugitives are running away and CO comes to save them. She's obvious badass that she alone fought off all those guys.

JSB and his men fly around in full view and spots CO saving the thief an Man.

HBY takes things to the extreme and goes shooting with guns and arrows. Seriously dude...you know she's not made out of iron yet you still go ahead with it.

Luckily JSB's crew come in the fray and manages to save them.

HBY manages to break free and the rebels fly off...literally.

They go back to shooting at CO and JSB saves her while Yoon looks on. I'm confused at his look.

CO and JSB rolls around on the dirt and has a charged moment under moonlight.

The guards are catching up so CO and JSB grabs the Thief and Man and runs off.

Yoon calls in the Elite team headed by Officer Lee to chase after them.

Guest larabn

I'm here too :) with CO covering her nose and mouth, I can only focus on HJW's expressive beautiful eyes :)

They are stalled by the rebels use of smoke grenade.

the escaping foursome comes across another group of soldiers who takes aim but misses JSB whose running up and across a wall, he holds the commander officer at bay but when the man goes to strike him CO saves him with her dagger, JSB kills the officer and the rest of his crew runs away.

CO looks away.

The four makes their way to the rebel's meeting place, the mount and goes off with Yoon crew in hot pursuit.

Beak tells them to split up in two and meet at a small cottage near by.

Yoon calls of his crew and only allows the Elite team to follow, he promises Officer Lee go go fishing once this was over.

Japanese guys sits sharping his sword as the magistrate sits across from him, Beak and Man rides up and Beak decks Man.

He berates man for not believing in the brotherhood and putting himself in danger. Man is still hurt over being abandoned by them but Beak convinces him that he was not.

They arrive to meet the magistrate and the Jap Swordsman, the magistrate believes he was in the right and feels no remorse, saving Beak is more important and it was ok to sacrifice one person for the greater good.

Beak warns him against trying to kill his men again.

Ok and Thief finally turns up, the magistrate is hesitant and distrustful of their appearance, he ask Ok to take her mask off.

Beak recognizes her instantly but saves nothing, feigning ignorance.

Thief introduces her as his big brother who is a deaf mute. Magistrate saves he looks like a girl..lol...I love people in this film who are call it as it is.

Magistrate takes out a gun and says he needs to prove Ok is really a deaf mute since a gunshot sound so close to the ear will burst his eardrums so it's not big deal.

Thief is agitated but Ok is willing to accept the challenge.

Beak pushes the gun away at the last moment and says it makes not difference since they will be parting way and the gun shot will draw the guards to them.

The king orders a meeting and is angered over the escaped convicts. Commander Park (Lady's father) spills to the king he has a plan but refused to elaborate further. the King decides to trust them and lets the issue go.

Ok, Thief, Man and Beak heads off and Beak tells them to leave. Thief tries to stick to them but Ok turns to go. Man not knowing anything tries to convince Beak to keep them since Ok is very talented, Beak refuses and the two parties part ways.

Back at the Police head quarters, they prepped to prepare for an all out raid in a months time.

Yoon looks off in the distance, worring about Ok.

Beak and Man are tracked down to the dock and are surrounded, Ok and Thief saves them on time.

Ok coming from beneath the water is so cool...

Beak looks at her and perhaps...I don't have a clue what he is thinking.

This underwater scene is so pretty but seriously...how long were they under for? There is no way anyone can survive that long with an oxygen tank.

They emerge onto a boat. Beak finally agrees to take them back to base camp. he gives Ok a curious look, probably thinking that he would take this chance with her.

Lol at Beak for holding onto his hat throughout all this.

@larabn and @pegster...hello. glad you are here too.

don't' know how long I'll last this time until my sister complains.

Hilarious segment of Anh trying out for the police bureau and failing so badly at everything except military tactics.

Yoon continues to train his troops while thinking of Ok and asking her to promise to come back no matter what.

The kings decree arrives and Yoon is removed from post, the king could not let the matter of the escape convict goes without reprimand and since he could not force Commander Park to resign, Yoon was used as the scapegoat instead. (Smart King...this really was the best way).

The escaping foursome arrives at the village below mountain camp and Man is reunited with his daughter, both Ok and Thief are touched over his love for his daughter. Seeing the man in a different light to his usual gruff manager.

Officer Lee keeps a close watch and goes back to report.

Ahn is appointed as a military tactician officer, he goes looking for Ok but she is on mission according much to his annoyance.

Ok and Thief finally makes it to Bandit Camp and witness the large scale and highly organized army, Thief and Ok are both surprised.

Beak watches her reaction carefully.

Ok and Thief are understandably worried since Beak is the obvious leader of the bandit group, he takes his mantel (leopards skin shrawl) and looks back at her.

Well I'll be here for both episodes, I was able to switch my plans around.

It sucks because my internet just went down on me. Thank goodness for my phone.

If you're wondering why I'm not posting much is because I have no internet :(

@pegster I know right, like she's always riding horses because she knows how to ride, or has a wire scenes because she knows how too. I remember reading about how she spent more time training for combat and wire-fu while everyone else was taking horse riding classes because she already know how to ride a horse.

Commander Park brooches the subject of Lady to Yoon, who although doesn't answer but from his cold dismissal of her afterwards, he is showing quiet clearly he is not interested.

Instead he goes to Ok's room and remembers what she said to him about breathing, he goes in and sits down alone in her room, touching her stuff, he's eyes tears up as he misses her. This is obviously where his heart lies.

Back on Bandit Camp, they are eating dinner and having a ball, when a man offers Ok a drink, her very feminine hand gets commented on, the cover story? Ok is a boy who looks have made him into a boy toy for men. Think Lee Jun Ki in The King and the Clown.

HE proves his maleness by drinking 3 cups of wine that no one can finish. Thief is put to the same test and fails.

She drinks more then her share and is light headed but still very sound. The conversation steers to her dagger skills, they put her up to the test, with a human target.

Beak offers to be her target when no one else will step up, they worry over his life as she has had a bit to drink and eye sight has wane.

Beak smiles in confidence and Ok proves her worth, only when she goes to take the daggers back she realizes that she had nicked his eye but he said nothing. ( really wonder about this scene because those daggers look very real and very close to KMJ's ear)

Beak thanks her sincerely for saving his life, she's torn by his sincerity and his help.

Beak tells her to forget the reason she came and her past. He wishes to live a long tiem with her. (We really don't know if he has said this to anyone else, but his words are quiet touching)

Ok smiles as he leaves but catches herself and is torn over his comments.

So episode 7...

Ok and Thief sneaks out and meets up with Officer Lee, they report bad news as they are restricted and can't search for the fake coin forge, but they do bring the news that the group is far bigger than what they anticipated, its an army big enough to topple a village.

Ok has taken note of their patrol routes and gives it to Officer Lee. Theif pesters him about 'not caring for his life' and 'my wife is a flirt so you need to watch her', earning him a slap upside the head from Officer Lee, putting a very rare smile on Ok's face.

Officer Lee returns to their fake inn where the Thief's wife is flirting up a storm with the patrons, Lee can only laugh at the sight.

Yoon's replacement arrives, and its Lady's brother, he greets his father and wants to take over the investigation immediately, his father is apprehensive but gives his son the chance, only he doesn't devolves the plan that is already in motion.

Officer Lee's message arrives back, Officer Noh accepts it and takes it straight to Yoon, who told him he should have given it to Lady's brother who is the one currently running the operations.

Yoon recognizes the mountain and says its only a day and a half away. He says they can't attack as there is obviously someone higher up helping.

Lady comes to see Yoon, baring his old uniform that she had repaired, she tells him it comes with no meaning and he can burn it if he wants. (I should feel sorry for her but her acting is actually really bland.

sister is complaining again..it's only 1:15 in the morning, don't know why she has to sleep so early.

Yes, it is only 1:15am, who goes to bed before 3am on a Saturday night!!! I don't :P
Oh darn!  I think something's wrong with my episode 6, it's not playing! Good thing I have a back up source :)
Yah I remember hearing from somewhere that HJW actually does practice horse riding as a hobby, so she's experienced in it.
Anyway, this time around while I'm watching Damo I'm getting annoyed at JSB.  Why in the world did he let CO stay in his camp when he knew she was an undercover!!  URG!!! I can't help but feel that if he hadn't have let her stay in the first place, CO would not have had to go through all that pain and suffering as she wouldn't have had time to get to 'know' him.

Archived