Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

Guest .Demy

has anyone dyed their hair purple-black? like it looks black in a normal indoor room, but if its struck by lighting you could see the purple tone

Yes I did and it looks amaaaaazing.

This was the first color I ever dyed my hair and it was during the summer. The color just pops and it looks incredible.

I recommend it.

recycled images~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/llb.../haircolors.jpg

okay so i've attempted the light brown hair color a couple of times.

and well its not working T.T

for my current hair color do you guys think i can try a blonde hair dye and just leave it in

for 10-15 mins and it'll be the light brown color like hers?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ugnyid.jpg

NO.

NO NO NO NO NOOOOO.

I cannot stress the no-ness of my answer enough. In order to lighten your hair you need to strip it of color, a bleach box dye will only make your hair look ORANGE. It will not fade it, that is not what generally happens especially if it is already color-treated. You need to go find a hair box dye specifically designed to lighten dark hair.

Or, you can just go with the smart choice and have a professional stylist lighten your hair. They have the right materials and training to do what you want them to.

I would suggest you take a look around at several places and try to find someone who specializes in hair color.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jadeooo

Has anyone ever tried Garnier N. in Chocolate Almond hair dye?

I have dark black hair, I want brown >___>

Guest ellopop

Yes I did and it looks amaaaaazing.

This was the first color I ever dyed my hair and it was during the summer. The color just pops and it looks incredible.

I recommend it.

hey Demy, do you know which brand sells black purply hair dye?

i dyed my hair deep burgandy- thinking it was purple and it turned out red :(

thanks !

Guest Karolyn

Hey girls !

Hum... I see your pictures and some of your hair is really beautiful but

most of you didn't bleach their hair before dying and we can see the colour on your hair !

How do you do ? Because I've dyed my hair with this :

marron10.jpg

and I can't see the colour on my hair :(

So, if someone can help me :)

(sorry for my poor english :X)

Guest xtiffanyx

Karolyn, I'm not familiar with that particular dye, but if it's only a semi-permanent one and your hair is darker than that then you're going to have to bleach/lighten your hair before you can get that to show up. Semi-permanent dyes just deposit the color on top of your hair so if you have darker hair than that it won't show up.

Guest SwedishBerries

I have this friend who dyes her hair at home by herself and she has terrible hair. They look like straw sticking out of her head and it's gross. How come that happens to her but not anyone else?? :huh:

Guest kimmi.kami

^

Maybe she dyes her hair too much, and doesnt take care of her hair?

And not using conditioner?

Eh, who knows. >_>

WORTH IT?: - It sure is -

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- Medium

Hair History: -

-Dyed sooooo many times

-Natural

Hair color Before: - Black -

l_78404643ab7b1b484bcefcf370cef268.png

l_880cdd2152c1e6aab0b6e70eec436308.png

Hair color After: - Blonde with streaks of brown -

Bleach?: - yes -

Hair Dye: - L'oreal -

Price: - $26 overall -

Changes:

- Damage? Kinda frizzy when not straightened, but not bad.

- Texture change? Barely changed.

Description: - Followed instructions with my own thinking amount of time and placement of the hairdye wrapped in foil -

Comments: - " I really love the end result, many people complimented the look and really liked it. Many preferred my hair this way. " -

l_bd2636c33d64fb4be3440a8a4f5c1e0c.png

after it first got dyed

l_645b8c83999e4af386f8afe46174bdb4.png

roots started growing haha

l_91abaf95b1bc4afa87973c491120b48f.png

l_bda41e2700bf4641b87e02039898f9a9.png

Guest Karolyn

xtiffanyx : OH and I've to die my hair with a permanent colour ? Because I don't want to bleach my hair x__x

Guest supersongee

Hi! What kind of brand of hairdyes at Sallys

is this?? I want to achieve this hair color... yesterday I went and bought some but it turned out not what I want it to. It was dark red and I want to achieve a lighter color

thanks!

i want to achieve this color:

20a9awl.jpg

and this one too thanks

2eeeb82.jpg

Guest Dhance

Do you have to buy different kinds of shampoos and conditioners after you dye your hair?

Because before i dye my hair, i want to know :D

Guest pixai

supersongee : hmm L'oreal excellence creme has this color called "copper blonde" which may turn out like the

second photo of the girl, I used it before, and it was pretty similiar

http://www.lorealparis.ca/img/l10n/product...110/Hco5_13.jpg

this one is a bit lighter (like first photo), (natural copper blonde)

http://www.lorealparis.ca/img/l10n/product...x110/Hco5_7.jpg

Dont be fooled by the "blonde" name, it really wont make ur hair blonde haha.

Dhance: Well no not really, its your choice though.

Some people purchase those "for damaged hair"

shamp and cond, but I dont think it makes a big difference, but hey everyones different.

Its just that if you dye your hair yourself ( drugstore product non salon ), then it would most likely fade eventually.. so people think that certain shamps and cond can make their hair color last and stay silky, but it doesnt really do that since ur hairs already damaged by the chemicals.

Guest Dhance

Dhance: Well no not really, its your choice though.

Some people purchase those "for damaged hair"

shamp and cond, but I dont think it makes a big difference, but hey everyones different.

Its just that if you dye your hair yourself ( drugstore product non salon ), then it would most likely fade eventually.. so people think that certain shamps and cond can make their hair color last and stay silky, but it doesnt really do that since ur hairs already damaged by the chemicals.

Thank you. :D

Guest cpark1430263252

02931157_zi.jpg

Anyone know what color this would be from like a drugstore brand..like revlon colorsilk? or anything better? This is a pic of an asian girl and i'm asian.. i have dark brown/blackish hair wanting to go to that color...help?? :)

Guest kat*

I'm too chicken to dye my hair atm

Maybe when my hair is longer ... but I'd most probably just dye a strand of my hair like purple or blue XD

... I've never really dyed my hair before .__.

EDIT : Orrrr peek-a-boo highlights look cute <3

Guest chinelly

Idon't know if someone already ask this before. I have natural thin black hair. I want to make them brown, but I don't want to dye it. My friend said that you can use hair lightener like Sun-In ( the one that suppose to make blonde hair more blonde) to make hair lighter? Is that true? Have anyone tried it before?

Guest judyjudychan

WORTH IT?: - yes/kind of lol.

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- medium/long hair

- black

Hair History:

- i've dyed my hair about...7+ times.

Hair color (left to right, up to down - before --> now)

only color missing is my red/burgundy color.

these pictures are all within the last 2 years?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x89/stu.../haircolors.jpg

Bleach?: - yes/no - yes, when i went to the orangeyy blonde color.

Hair Dye: when i bleached my hair, it was done professionally by my best friends sister.

with other hair dyes i used, loreal, revlon, and garnier nutrisse.

Price: - $ $10 for the bleaching. and boxed hair dyes never exceeded $10 per box.

Changes:

- Damage?: It definitely damaged my hair. you can't tell its damaged though, which is a good thing haha. but its like hay when its wet. >__>

- Texture change?: my hair 3 years ago was REALLY soft and now its...not as soft. haha.

Description: - every process took about 30-40 min. nothing too long.

Comments: - i love my brown beige color the most but it was the hardest color to get and maintain. =(

Now my hair is just plain black so my natural black can grow out without any ugly roots coming out. haha. i always had that happening and got lazy to do touchups.

i really like ur hair color and hairstyle~its so cute ^^

i was thinking of getting a color kind of like the two on the top right and the two on the bottom left

can u tell me what colors they are? and also the top two on the left maybe @__@"

gahh all ur hair colors r so nice! > u <"

Hey guys!!

I was the one who posted this: CLICK [sorry for making a separate thread.. m(U.U)m]

I just wanted to give you an update..

The dye finally worked on my hair!! I did what kuroimisa & 정유미 told me to do... (I left it on my hair for about an hour, wrapped my head & used a hair dryer..) It worked!! Though the color isn't exact as what the pic on the box shows, but my hair's color definitely changed!! :)

Thanks to everyone that replied on my thread!! :)

Archived