Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

I want to dye my hair black purple , anyone know any brands or where to buy it from ? I can't seem to find it Dx

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cakdel

bleh.. i'm still in the process of getting my hair to the shade i want.

first it was black (no pic). then i bleach it to this:

dye2.jpg

then i dyed it back to black. (avatar pic) Then i got a strip of strawberry blonde

dye3.jpg

and then i bleached it orange/blondish color lol

dyed.jpg

Guest mszxtiine

WORTH IT?: my hair is too dry now -.-'

Natural Hair type:

- course

- straight

- Medium/long

Hair History: -

-dyed it almost every 10 weeks.

Hair color Before: very dark brown.

m_5d01cfc9afd8feb0b55910a364098a11.png

in the last few years, i've dyed my hair NUMEROUS of colors.

i'm not sure if i like dyeing my hair but since i've started, i can't

stop only because i hate seeing roots ><

back in 2006 did red streaks/highlights. it was the first time i dyed my hair so the process took over 2 1/2 hours done by a professional. i miss my red hair, thinking about going back.

REDhair.jpg

the only thing that really irked me was the fact that it faded way too fast. if i didn't have to go and redye it every 2 weeks, i'd definitely keep this as my permanent color.

through most of 2007, i kept my hair a dark color which included but was not limited to dark brown, cinnamon brown, honey brown.

m_27c8325038211ed6eb0c83b7e7c9b9f8.pngm_7db9bcb9a04365a36b1b6f5d2f2cd898.pngm_1b64c786c32d2f1c38d67cda52bb5e10.pngm_f07f5b0de1ca4fd38c1624c19d222ee7.png

and within the last 3 months i've changed my hair color 3 times.

m_91d534ec7a08469dafc6fbb7b121c341.pngm_7b363601474a43818b2a312a7a183b4e.pngm_f40e6d736f2544baba1927d519354180.png

and now i'm happy with being back to black. an exotic look on my skin (: i'm thinking about keeping it this color for a LONG TIME

l_2f353088b35a4800a0cabf03589f8227.jpg

Guest KaoriHoshiko

I have a question ):

ok so my hair is like super black.

like this

28tfl2a.jpg

and I want to dye it to something like this

lee-hyori05.jpg

do i need to bleach it?

i don't want to dye the whole thing because i don't think my mom would allow me.

if i don't need to bleach

what product do you recommend?

thank you ^_^

Guest MsChen

Everyone's before & after picture looks so nice!

I wish I could dye my hair. My parents want me to keep it a natural light black.

I heard it's very damaging. I have very thin hair, so yeah. :\

Guest mewberry

WORTH IT?: yeah, i guess so

Natural Hair type: curly/wavy, soft n smooth ^^

Hair History: dyed once, used comb hair dye once.. i straighten it whenever i feel like it lol

Hair color Before: black

Hair color After: reddish chocolate brown o-o

Bleach?: nope

Hair Dye: garnier

Price: mhmm.. i forgot, but it was pretty cheap i think. i got it at target

Changes: not a big change really, except the color of course :P

Description: my grandma is a hairstylist, and so she dyed it for meh

Comments: i like my hair right now, its still kinda black at the bottom so i dont really miss black hair that much @_@

BEFORE: GEDC2797.jpgGEDC3209.jpg

AFTER: GEDC3753.jpg

Guest Lucy

i really like ur hair color and hairstyle~its so cute ^^

i was thinking of getting a color kind of like the two on the top right and the two on the bottom left

can u tell me what colors they are? and also the top two on the left maybe @__@"

gahh all ur hair colors r so nice! > u <"

thank you!! =)

seriously those colors never lasted long at all...lol it'd always look different. =(

haha but, i had to bleach my hair to get it to those colors.

i did bleach then a light beige color.

for the orange, i had used this other color...but i don't remember. its in the light colors.

this is from my latest coloring..

WORTH IT?: -always-

Natural Hair type: -wavy and a little frizzy..-

Hair History: -colored about 3-4 times, straighten almost each day-

Hair color Before: my roots had grown out, which is a super dark brown, while the ends were a lighter brown-orange color. the front and sides were all over the place.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/kei...1212080021a.jpg

Hair color After: "natural-looking" dark brown

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/kei.../IMG_0001-5.jpg

Bleach?: - nope -

Hair Dye: - Palty: Bitter Cappuccino -

Price: - $12ish -

Changes: -for the better-

Description: -put the dye in my hair and left it for aboutttt... 30-40 minutes, rinsed and dried.

Comments: - the only thing, i was suuper impatient waiting for it. but since i was making it darker, i had to leave it in longer otherwise it would just wash out in a few showerings... i love it now though. it's a lot softer and shinier than before, so dull before. :P

Guest kimmi.kami

^

heyyy i was wondering if the bitter cappucino made your hair darker?

cuz i want to dye my hair a dark dark brown, since right now my hair is orangy brown with noticable hair roots. . .

=]

Guest michikosashimi

what type of brown is this hair color?

would i be able to go from jet black hair asian to this color? o_o

2lavayd.jpg

^

heyyy i was wondering if the bitter cappucino made your hair darker?

cuz i want to dye my hair a dark dark brown, since right now my hair is orangy brown with noticable hair roots. . .

=]

it will def make it darker. my hair was kind of like yours too, only a little darker in the orange/brown color, and my roots were a lot darker. the bitter cappuccino is really good, especially since i wasn't expecting it to make those 2 different tones in my hair the same. there's a before and after pic in my last post so you can see the difference~

Guest xLoveHolicx

WORTH IT?: - Hmm duno hah

Natural Hair type:

Thin and was pretty decent texture

dyed....4 times bleached once

once professionally 3 times with the box dyes

Below is the recent hair colour where i bleached it

Hair color Before: Blackish brown

n827255721_6106965_3828037.jpg

On the Right

Hair color After: Orangish Blonde

2853_185847655721_827255721_6829046_7619342_n.jpg

Yuh u can tell how bright it is hahhaa

Bleach?: - yes

Hair Dye: - Um Gatsby Ex Hi Bleach got it from ebay

Price: - Can't remember

Changes:

Hhaa obviously it was damaged, however it wasn't as damaged as i thought it would get cos it is a bleach. i had dyed my hair alot before bleaching it therefore it was already damaged, so i didn't really tell the difference than much lol

Description: Just followed the instructions on the leaflet and got my mum to help me^^ i left it in a little longer than i was suppose to hah ==;; about 10-15 more mins this is REALLLY not recommended because it WILL damage your hair alot more! but i didn't listen ==;;

Comments: Yuh wen i got out of the shower and looked at the mirror, it looked like a light brownish color and i was really disappointed but then as i let it dry i looked in the mirro again and i was soo shocked i was like BLONDE(exaggeration) but yuh haha i really liked it^^

but now im sick of it haha, its been about 6 months since i dyed it so my roots are very visible now so i don't like it. My sister's wedding is soon so im considering dying it a chocolate brown^^

sorry for rambling so much haha hopefully it helped in someway hah

Guest freddie.o1

Idon't know if someone already ask this before. I have natural thin black hair. I want to make them brown, but I don't want to dye it. My friend said that you can use hair lightener like Sun-In ( the one that suppose to make blonde hair more blonde) to make hair lighter? Is that true? Have anyone tried it before?

i heard of this method before, i want to try it too, but im afraid i will end up with orange hair=(

Guest jroxxs

WORTH IT?: kind of...

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- short to medium

Started off black....somewhere

emm.jpg

^This was some crappy dye and it went from pink to orange D=

Went purple/black sometime later don't have pictures though >.<

17064628a8941898299l.jpg

^Went brown eventually...

17064628a9611837547l.jpg

^Put blonde through it...this was a few weeks later? the colour started to fade >.>

17064628a9995417435l.jpg

^Dyed the whole thing blonde eventually

17064628a9995425303l.jpg

^Got sick of the blonde a week or two later so dyed it red

17064628a9995432583l.jpg

Dyed it a Black/Blue colour..

My hair is a mix of blonde/brown and black right now >.<

Bleach?: Nope never

Hair Dye: I used Live colour XXL for all of them apart from the first one

Price: - About £5

Changes:

Fine for awhile but your hair does start feeling really dry and dead eventually from all the dying it didn't really help that i dyed it every other week or so though...>.<;;

Description: - I don't usually leave it in for more than 30 mins to 45 mins although i did leave it in longer for the blonde incase.

Comments: - The results were great especially the blonde i didn't think it was possible without bleach x.x

Guest xLoveHolicx

WORTH IT?: kind of...

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- short to medium

Started off black....somewhere

^This was some crappy dye and it went from pink to orange D=

Went purple/black sometime later don't have pictures though >.<

^Went brown eventually...

^Put blonde through it...this was a few weeks later? the colour started to fade >.>

^Dyed the whole thing blonde eventually

^Got sick of the blonde a week or two later so dyed it red

Dyed it a Black/Blue colour..

My hair is a mix of blonde/brown and black right now >.<

Bleach?: Nope never

Hair Dye: I used Live colour XXL for all of them apart from the first one

Price: - About £5

Changes:

Fine for awhile but your hair does start feeling really dry and dead eventually from all the dying it didn't really help that i dyed it every other week or so though...>.<;;

Description: - I don't usually leave it in for more than 30 mins to 45 mins although i did leave it in longer for the blonde incase.

Comments: - The results were great especially the blonde i didn't think it was possible without bleach x.x

Wow im soo amazed at how you got ur hair to go blonde without bleach!

i used bleach and my hair went orange haha

Guest X u e

WORTH IT?: I suppose, now everyone recognises me as the Asian with a red fringe haha xD Also makes me feel unique :]

Natural Hair type: Straight above the shoulders

Hair History: Virgin hair (fringe section) dyed in January and redyed along with roots at April

Hair color Before: Black

th_DSC05835-1.jpg

Hair color After: Red

th_DSC06105.jpgth_DSC07103.jpgth_DSC07220.jpgth_DSC07227.jpgth_DSC07238.jpgth_IMG000375.jpg

1st time dye, 3 months after - greasy, 3 months afer - clean, 2nd dye process, hours ater dye, dyed hair now.

Bleach?: No, thank God.

Hair Dye: No idea. Went to hair salon to get it done, all I know is that it's red xD

Price: Roughly $32 (£20) but since mum is friends with one of the hair dressers, they haggled and got it down to £15

Changes: Straight after redying my hair looked really vibrant red. But compared to first time dying, the dye faded away faster on second dye, so now it isn't as vibrant.

Description: First time. Hair dresser parted fringe, took out pieces of tin foil, placed hair on top and painted hair with brush (starting bottom), folded tin foil over hair, sandwiching it, continued onto layer above and so forth, waited for a whole hour. Second time dying. Different hair dresser used one tin foil, starting from the top, painted top layer with dye, clipped it up before moving onto next layer below, kept unclipping and reclipping by adding new painted hair everytime, once all of fringe is painted I was left to feel the dye sting against my scalp for roughly 35minutes.

Comments: Really liked the resulte straight after waching off the dye. Hate the fact that the colour fades away so soon. Maybe it's the fact that I don't really use aftercare stuff like shampoo's that keeps the dye in longer.

Archived