[drama 2008] Happiness / Bliss / I Am Happy 행복합니다

Guest huangsy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Happy_Day

^ MAN, I liked that idea! But then again, that would be way too easy for AeDa.

But still.. this drama is gonna wrap up soon, and I don't understand how the mother is going to accept them soon without having a heart attack.

Guest apn710

Well.... the series didn't end today...

and hjkomo says that there were previews for next week's episodes...

does anyone know how long this series is being extended to? any news clip?

Guest puela

Happiness <-- Episode 50 ^^v

last one... see guys at the next drama hehehe

edit: EXTENDED??? sniff sniff no sleep in late?? noo thou I love it... I'm ready to let it go ahhhh I was daydreaming about waking up at 1 or 2pm sniff sniff OMG.. anyone has any info on how many more eppies is gonna get extended to?

We just sort of convinced ourselves that 50 was the correct number. In fact all you can safely say about these long weekend series is they'll be "about" 50 eps or approx 6 months in the schedule. Noona, Kim Jung-Soo's previous drama of this type, ran for 55 (which ISTR was 54 plus a bonus stretcher, though I may be mixing the bonus bit up with something else.)

canyayasis spotted yesterday what we should probably all have seen sooner, that there was no way this could be wrapped up in what we thought was the time available. And it doesn't look from the spoilers for next week as though that batch will round things off yet, either. So my bet would be on another 4-6 eps still to come.

I'm not complaining about that, except that I'd planned to take a break from this stuff for a few weeks starting Monday and get some cash-earning work done instead (though I plan to keep watching MSS, since that's a drama that I think just toooo good to talk about, so I don't get drawn into posting, or even thinking about it much, unlike LDV which gobbled up whole chunks of the last few weeks and has kept me out of this thread).

Guest smiley6yrl

wow, so it's extended? great! haha from reading "some" of the spoilers and checking out the preview for ep 49, it didn't seem like it was preparing for the great finale, so i'm glad that they are not rushing it and give us a half richard simmons finale.

@baduy, MSS- my sweet seoul? is it that good? hehe after reading some of javabean's comments on it, i'm a bit hesitant to watch it because of the female lead. How about LDV? i'm assuming that you are talking about La Dolce Vita right? hmm, i need a new series to watch, can't decide which one to watch, what would you recommend? ^_^

I wonder how long this series is being extended to, the longer the better, hehe i can't get enough of Happiness, just don't make it too draggy.

@baduy, MSS- my sweet seoul? is it that good? hehe after reading some of javabean's comments on it, i'm a bit hesitant to watch it because of the female lead.

MSS is like no other drama I've seen, on Korean TV or elsewhere. For that reason I can't say "if you like XYZ, you'll probably like MSS". If I had to provide some sort of comparison, I'd say Coffee Prince, but only in terms of general mood, style and approach. Thematically and characterwise it is quite different. Watch the first couple of episodes and see what you think (although it doesn't stay anything like as bubbly-upbeat at it appears to start out, but it's not going to get "heavy" in any dispiriting sense, unless the last two episodes, yet to be shown, take us in a new and different direction altogether.) I have to say that very little either of what javabeans has written, or what others have offered by way of response in defence of the drama, engages with the qualities (or even contents) I see in it. Which is one reason why I'm not going to get drawn into public discussion on the matter, since I'm plainly seeing a very different drama from the vast majority of viewers.

LDV is again completely different from either Happiness or MSS. Not exactly light entertainment. Not only are the themes dark, but the plot, and its exposition via layered flashbacks, is complex and the language is in places rather stylized and "literary", though never rhetorical or flowery. But the direction and acting are superb, and there is some fine photography. In particular, the scenes in which the two female leads come head to head at various stages in the plot show acting of a quality you'd be hard pressed to find matched, let alone bettered, anywhere and are in my opinion enough in themselves to make the drama well worth seeing, even for people who don't find other aspects of it particularly appealing.

Guest freezspirit

About the show having 50 episodes or now appears to continue: going by SBS Global site says it has 50 episodes so they haven't updated, can't yet official Korean website for some reason at the moment can't access it on my pc. The reason we are all wondering now is cos past long drama series like golden bride and Likable or not there were news updates well before it reached the suppose end episode to tell us by how many it was getting extended. The producers/station might have released the information but it went under the radar as other shows took priority.

Guest hjkomo

MSS- my sweet seoul? is it that good? hehe after reading some of javabean's comments on it, i'm a bit hesitant to watch it because of the female lead.

I've had no problems with the female lead. I'm enjoying watching every moment of her and her friends' journey. I love the writing, and if I had to compare it to something (which is quite difficult), I'd say the viewing experience (not necessarily the production per se, but, rather, my own personal response to it) leaves me with similar feelings that Alone in Love and Insoon Is Pretty did.

I can't find any reference on the official site to an extension, but then I can't find any reference to there being just 50 episodes on that site either, despite what the SBS International pages say. The only change I can see is that a placeholder for the ep 51 preview has just popped up. But it's not the easiest site to navigate.

There are, of course, dozens of daily postings by viewers on the official station board for the series, and I haven't waded through all of them, but as far as I can see it's the usual stuff: general enthusiatic noises, remarks about HK's nastiness and Ae Da's prettiness, and enquiries about costumes and accessories and shooting locations and furnishings...

I don't get the impression that any of the local viewers were expecting it to end at 50 anyway.

BTW anybody who's tempted to speculate that that bright orange message witha 52 in it refers to episode counts: sorry, it's just advertising Seoul-Jeju flights for 52,100 Won...

MU doesn't work!!!

You mean it doesn't work for you? Sorry to hear that, but unless you are behind some sort of campus or corporate firewall that specifically blocks MU as a matter of policy, then you should be able to get it to work if you follow the advice on the Aigoo help page devoted to MU issues.

I wouldn't like people to get the impression that all the hard work the Aigoo-ers put in to uploading and maintaining the downloadable content is going to waste. Their choice of MU as a vehicle doesn't suit everybody, but they have very good reasons for it, and all things considered it represents the best method for most users where items of this size are concerned.

Guest jangmishi012

You mean it doesn't work for you? Sorry to hear that, but unless you are behind some sort of campus or corporate firewall that specifically blocks MU as a matter of policy, then you should be able to get it to work if you follow the advice on the Aigoo help page devoted to MU issues.

I wouldn't like people to get the impression that all the hard work the Aigoo-ers put in to uploading and maintaining the downloadable content is going to waste. Their choice of MU as a vehicle doesn't suit everybody, but they have very good reasons for it, and all things considered it represents the best method for most users where items of this size are concerned.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.... just that whenever I d/l from MU... the video won't play correctly in Windows Media player. I seem to get ERROR messages.

That is all I meant. I do appreciate Aigoo-ers for their hard work!

just that whenever I d/l from MU... the video won't play correctly in Windows Media player. I seem to get ERROR messages.

Ah well, that's nothing to do with MU then. Your machine probably isn't properly configured to handle movie files in the format(s) Aigoo uploads them, and you'd have the same problem with those files no mattter where you got them. What you get from VEOH is a different (and much lossier) format, which WMP can indeed handle by default.

Again, the answers to this sort of problem can be found on the Aigoo help pages dealing with players and codecs. If you don't want to get involved with the extra steps needed to let WMP handle these files, then just download and install the GOM player and use that instead of WMP. It needs no add-ons, and will play the Aigoo downloads just fine.

Guest hjkomo

Any news of KangSeuk being a Jaebul/rich family's son?

Wasn't this theory thrown out there a while back?!

Yeah, I threw that out ... as a facetious comment to get back at President Lee. But, no such storyline has develop.

Well, we still don't know who the anonymous patron is (except that he always wanted to box when he was young and wasn't able to)... :unsure:

Brief recap on ep. 50:

HK plays the victim in front of Mrs. Lee and fabricates a story that Ji Sook attacked her without provocation. Mrs. Lee, of course, believes every word and no longer is doubtful of HK's intentions towards Ji Sook.

Ji Sook runs into Wicker Man while fleeing (in fear for her life) from HK's crazed antics. (Seriously, it's HK that needs to be locked up in an asylum. :tongue2: ) Ji Sook tells WM she's afraid of HK and that it wasn't her - it was HK.

Seo Yoon spends the night at the Lee's and then heads down to Pusan early in the morning after receiving a phone call.

Joon Soo also goes to Pusan on the President's orders. JS walks in on SY and Dong Seok kidding around. DS picked SY up in his arms to prove his strength. JS, naturally misunderstands the situation and refuses to give SY a ride back to Seoul.

JS, not wanting to go back to the Park's, visits his family's house and finds out that SY had spent the night there.

JS and SY are at odds again because neither is willing to apologize first.

Ji Sook, still overcome with fear, wants Yong Jae to take her away somewhere where HK can't find her. She also asks him to bring her Sarang because she fears HK will harm him. She finally tells YJ (off camera) why she gave up Sarang to the Park's. YJ brings Ji Sook to the Lee house.

HK overhears Pres. Park praising her abilities to Mrs. Lee and says, "I'm going to have it all...ALL." :fury:

Wicker Man again voices his concern that she shouldn't do this to Ji Sook. (WM, we may have to unleash the elephant on you!!! :fury:)

Joon Gi and Sun Mi start dating (Sun Mi says she'll "take responsibility" for their previous amorous encounter).

Halmoni, Pop Lee and new Mom Ahn catch them making out on the bed upstairs. :phew:

Pop is furious, but Halmoni says it a cause for celebration. :lol:

Ae Da goes to meet young Kang Ki Joon's family (as a precursor to their impending engagement/marriage).

AD's resigned to marrying Kang and studying abroad with him, thinking that getting married and having kids will keep her too busy to think of Kang Seok, and maybe over time, she can forget him. She's already parted with KS, so what else couldn't she endure? Since it's not KS, she doesn't care who she marries.

Joon Young tells KS the news, and KS's resigned to it as well.

KS and AD each watch her star that night (to a very nice rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle)

Preview:

JS leaves the Park house (on the excuse of business down at the resort).

Mrs. Ahn and Halmoni upset when SY tells them about it. SY is surprised to see Ji Sook at the Lee house.

HK ripping up papers and throwing them at her assistant, just as SY walks in and says she wants to ask HK a question.

well done hjkomo!!!

I could NOT have done a better recap...really!!

The one thing I will say/add about today's episode was that

I totallly fastforwarded through Mr. Lee and Mrs. Ahn "goo-goo" "ga-ga" baby talk to each other...

Oh!!! the faces they made to each other will give me nightmares for weeks!! Freakish!!

Guest hjkomo

Haha...oh yeah, that reminds me of Halmoni's comment - Joon Gi obviously learned by watching the behavior of his parents. :w00t:

I can't find any reference on the official site to an extension, but then I can't find any reference to there being just 50 episodes on that site either, despite what the SBS International pages say. The only change I can see is that a placeholder for the ep 51 preview has just popped up. But it's not the easiest site to navigate.

I read somewhere the new Yoon So Yi - Kim Seung Soo - Lee Jin Wook drama " City of Glass " replacing Happiness will start somewhere around Sept .. so i guess we got more episodes for Happiness

Guest jangmishi012

Ah well, that's nothing to do with MU then. Your machine probably isn't properly configured to handle movie files in the format(s) Aigoo uploads them, and you'd have the same problem with those files no mattter where you got them. What you get from VEOH is a different (and much lossier) format, which WMP can indeed handle by default.

Again, the answers to this sort of problem can be found on the Aigoo help pages dealing with players and codecs. If you don't want to get involved with the extra steps needed to let WMP handle these files, then just download and install the GOM player and use that instead of WMP. It needs no add-ons, and will play the Aigoo downloads just fine.

Ahhhhhh thank you soo much for you help!!!!

Archived