Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest Ding Lin

Yes, "Flowers in Fog" is very popular in China :)!  I am not sure how they are doing in Taiwan.  I have not checked. 
(PS: the rating numbers looked pretty low, if you searched for the numbers.  The low number was due to the big number of TV channels in China.  In Taiwan, a show is considered popular if the rating is higher than 1%).  
~~ In general, JJM is doing pretty well from 2013-2014. All of his projects are successful (Friends 2, Flowers in Fog and Empress Ki).   This fact was acknowledged in one of his interviews (despite he is being somewhat mistreated in Empress Ki). 

pokerdots said: Was Flowers in Fog well received in China? I do hope he gets more projects in China. Let's hope 2014 will be a fantastic years for him. 

So Koreans favor young actors like CJW over JJM? I do not have the heart to go to the EK main thread, I get upset when they thrash WY. And I would think when they get personal, they will go to the extent of insulting JJM too. I just hope there are some kind souls defending him there.
Ding Lin said: I do have a question for you.....
I notice that Koran actors are getting younger and younger.  I wonder what Korean actors do after they reach the age of 40.  I notice that many of them choose to retire. The number of projects is reduced for some. Even JJM's popular best friend JDG does not seem to be as active as before.
Anyway, I hope JJM is not planning to retire anytime soon :)!  I would like to see him on screen until he is as old as Mr. KFC! LOL  Observing from the effects of "aging" on him, I think he will still  be charming as a Grandpa :)!  

Guest Ding Lin

Oh! Oh! Oh! That was NOT what I meant.  I was just speaking in a general sense.  I was looking at the average age of the popular Korean actors.  The age seems to decrease over the years.  
I was not comparing JCW vs. JJM per se.  Personally, I will choose JJM over JCW any time :)!!  I think JCW is a great actor, but he is just not my type (nor his fans!!).  
pokerdots said: So Koreans favor young actors like CJW over JJM? I do not have the heart to go to the EK main thread, I get upset when they thrash WY. And I would think when they get personal, they will go to the extent of insulting JJM too. I just hope there are some kind souls defending him there. 

@Ding Lin : i rejoin you, i want Joo Jin Mo to play an evil character like Choi Min Sik did in "I saw the devil" or a mentally ill patient like Won Bin did in "Mother" but i'm all for a psychopath and killer vibe for Joo Jin Mo :)) :))

- I know many actors in their 40s who are doing really well : Shin Ha Kyun, Cha Seung Won, Kim Myung Min, Lee Bum Soo and Lee Byun Hun, there are many others of course, and they are still charismatic as ever ---- and JJM is considered by koreans as one of the hottest ahjussis so....

- JJM & LYW look so good together, sighhh she's married. He really has to find his special one.

- About Go Jun Hee, did you know that since her scandal with JJM she became popular?

- Did i mention, that i'm clearly not on flower-boy kind of man, i prefer rough-manly and charismatic ones ;)

Guest Ding Lin

@sarah.lina~~~
Thank you for answering my questions :)! Yeah!! I look forward to JJM's acting in his 40s!! :)
What is your signature? Is it from HB's drama?  :) 

Guest minnie0103

pokerdots

said: So Koreans favor young actors like CJW over JJM? I do not have the heart to go to the EK main thread, I get upset when they thrash WY. And I would think when they get personal, they will go to the extent of insulting JJM too.

I just hope there are some kind souls defending him there.

Guest lorac

In his last four films the character has dies. I don't recall if he survived in a Love. Puzzle and Musa for sure... in Happy End he was emotionally dead. In dramas, only Bichunmoo. Not sure about his first two dramas as I've not seen them. Don't know too much about Flowers in Fog, but it doesn't seem to be that sort of tragedy. I could be wrong.

It remains to be seen is he survives Empress Ki. My fantasy is when Toghon is gone and Empress Ki disappears we will see her and Wang Yu together... as they should be.

Guest chaudinh1609

minnie0103 said:

pokerdots

said: So Koreans favor young actors like CJW over JJM? I do not have the heart to go to the EK main thread, I get upset when they thrash WY. And I would think when they get personal, they will go to the extent of insulting JJM too.

I just hope there are some kind souls defending him there.

Guest minnie0103

Hi, ladies! I just finished watching 200 Pounds Beauty. Although the movie is female-lead centric (Kim Ah Joong), Joo Jin Mo's character, Sang Jun, really caught my attention. He amazed me and made me swoon. :\"> His charisma, smile, and style wowed me! :x Overall, the movie is entertaining, and I wish to see him again in other modern productions after Empress Ki. :)

Guest ElinaG

@lorac  you are right, his characters are dying all the time :-( Puzzle, Musa, Gabi, Sarang, A Better Tomorrow, A Frozen Flower! you are right too about Happy End, it is just the same as dead. I haven't seen Friend-2 yet, but I can guess only that he should there too :-( I wonder, why they kill him all  the time :-/

- About Friend 2, Joo Jin Mo is more like a special apparance than one of the character of this movie, he's not in the actual conflict, it's the story of one of the mainlead past, but he stole the show in every scene he was in.

- About Queen of the Game : Joo Jin Mo, once again was the one who bring this show to life, the story could have been good, but it was too dragging and all the characters were annoying, but amnesic Joo Jin Mo was the best thing about this drama, he was so... 8-> 8-> 8->  i really prefer Bichunmo, because the drama overall quality is better than QOTG, i will download after my exams, Dream, i know there aren't any romances, but i don't really care i want to see bromance between Kim Bum and Joo Jin Mo.

- For me, 200 Pounds Beauty and Frozen Flower are his best movie works.

Guest Ding Lin

@sarah.lina~~~
I totally agreed with you. I have not watched Bichunmo, but the plot of Game of the Queen could be better.   I still consider Game of the Queen as my favorite JJM drama  due to JJM's acting. I love the wide emotional range of JJM in the drama :)!  Anyway, Bichumo will be my next JJM project :)!!  Yeah!! 
There is  a romance in Dream, but it plays a very minor role.  

sarah.lina

said:

- About Friend 2, Joo Jin Mo is more like a special apparance than one of the character of this drama, he's not in the actual conflict, it's the story of one of the mainlead past, but he stole the show in every scene he was in.

- About Queen of the Game : Joo Jin Mo, once again was the one who bring this show to life, the story could have been good, but it was too dragging and all the characters were annoying, but amnesic Joo Jin Mo was the best thing about this drama, he was so... 8-> 8-> 8->  i really prefer Bichunmo, because the drama overall is better than QOTG, i will download after my exams, Dream, i know there aren't any romances, but i don't really care i want to see bromance between Kim Bum and Joo Jin Mo.

- For me, 200 Pounds Beauty and Frozen Flower are his best movie works.

@Ding Lin : you should watch Bichunmoo dear, you will not regret it, as for QOTG, JJM was the only good thing about this drama, even LBY acting was weird in the beginning but she was better in the middle of the drama.

Guest Ding Lin

Among all JJM interviews, my favorite one was his interview by Joong-Hoon Park. JJM was shy, but very sincere during the interview :)
I hope there will be some interviews after EK ends.  I would like to learn more stories about his insights of WY :)!  I guess he is rarely in any interviews in the middle of filming, isn't he?   

Guest fated1430293719

@sarah.lina @starjjmoon‌ thx for the pix n videos... i love that he has a mixture of aisian n mediterranean(spanish italian) looks! such a handsome man and to top it all he has amazing acting skills! How can a sane person not love this guy 8->