Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest Joon J. Lee

I was there at the fan signing yesterday. It was a pretty long round trip to make in a day, very tiring.

He was shining, literally. He was in a good mood and I suspect he was very pleased with all the love and support he got from Singapore.

Sad that he could only spare just a small amount of time for each.

These are the pics I took from the fan signing. The guards forbid us to take pics with DSLR cameras so it was extremely hard to get decent pics.

Enjoy!

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jinhyuk&no=45322&page=3

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jinhyuk&no=45405&page=1

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jinhyuk&no=45406&page=1

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=jinhyuk&no=45410&page=1

Hey guys, I know I joked about him drinking and all... but you know I was just kidding then right? On second thoughts, maybe I shouldn't have done that. :( Give the man as much water as he needs. Whatever makes him happy.  (Edit: I've edited the previous post.)
I'm not sure whether all those bottles on the table are really for him (or for other staff as well),  but well, actually doing the EC FM, he was drinking a lot. During the the first part of the interview, he suddenly got out of his chair, picked up a bottle of mineral water off the side of the stage and started drinking, after he sang the EC OST, he started drinking, after one of the games, he started drinking too.  So I think I saw him guzzling water 3 times in 2 hours, whereas Jihyo didn't drink any but then again she could have been drinking backstage, who knows.  He exercises a lot and probably needs a lot of fuel in this body to keep up with his high metabolic rate, lots and lots of food and water to fuel his muscles.  
You guys remember the 1 scene in EC when he was lifting weights in the gym and Clara approached him to borrow books or something like that, before they both went to his apartment to get the books?  There was 1 BTS photo circulating around earlier, showing off his massive biceps and triceps when he was lifting weights.  I'm not sure whether you guys remember it.  That photo came up during the FM and when the emcee asked him what he did to look so good, CJH said that actually when they were filming that scene, he'd lost a lot of weight by then because he didn't rest enough nor eat enough.  He was also sick at the time, because of the massive Influenza B bug circulating around on set.  It was the photographer's credit that the photo turned out good, but actually at the time, he was really tired and starving.  I read in one of his earlier interviews that he'd asked the staff for double portions of food one day, because he was so hungry he wanted food, even though he'd already eaten. :(  He was actually starving on set, poor thing!  So I'm not surprised, really, if all the water on the table is for him and that he managed to finish it all. 
I don't know why I suddenly talked so much about his eating and drinking... :-S
@sunshine4ever - You raised a lot of interesting points in your posts, I don't really know where to start.  Maybe I'll share my thoughts regarding the girlfriend issue.  CJH mentioned in his interviews that he's a very traditional guy, he holds very traditional values on love and marriage.  He's a one-woman guy. When he's in love, he goes a little crazy and wants to see her all the time, which is why he said that it's best if the gf doesn't appear when he's working cos he won't be able to concentrate.  He only wants his gf's affections for himself.  Well, if his girlfriend came from the same industry, that would be hard wouldn't it? I'm not sure he would be able to tolerate having male fans stare at his gf, or for that matter, seeing his gf acting intimate with other men in dramas etc.  The acting industry is rather complicated too, isn't it?  For someone who holds such traditional values of love and marriage, I kind of agree with him that it needs to be someone from outside of the industry, but then again, it's not like you can deliberately choose to fall for someone from outside of the industry right, if it happens it happens? Seriously whatever makes him happy...
Btw, I love Park Si Hwan's OST song too.  I listen to it every time I go running.  The track is on repeat and I feel like I can keep going cos I'm reliving the EC drama in my head as I run. It's great! :)
@booha - Thanks for the translating the fan video earlier. It was really touching.  "Thank you for making the long and hard journey alone. Now we'll walk together."  Really touching words.  

Guest Joon J. Lee

celes80 said: Hey guys, I know I joked about him drinking and all... but you know I was just kidding then right? On second thoughts, maybe I shouldn't have done that. :( Give the man as much water as he needs. Whatever makes him happy.  
I'm not sure whether all those bottles on the table are really for him (or for other staff as well),  but well, actually doing the EC FM, he was drinking a lot. During the the first part of the interview, he suddenly got out of his chair, picked up a bottle of mineral water off the side of the stage and started drinking, after he sang the EC OST, he started drinking, after one of the games, he started drinking too.  So I think I saw him guzzling water 3 times in 2 hours, whereas Jihyo didn't drink any but then again she could have been drinking backstage, who knows.  He exercises a lot and probably needs a lot of fuel in this body to keep up with his high metabolic rate, lots and lots of food and water to fuel his muscles.  
You guys remember the 1 scene in EC when he was lifting weights in the gym and Clara approached him to borrow books or something like that, before they both went to his apartment to get the books?  There was 1 BTS photo circulating around earlier, showing off his massive biceps and triceps when he was lifting weights.  I'm not sure whether you guys remember it.  That photo came up during the FM and when the emcee asked him what he did to look so good, CJH said that actually when they were filming that scene, he'd lost a lot of weight by then because he didn't rest enough nor eat enough.  He was also sick at the time, because of the massive Influenza B bug circulating around on set.  It was the photographer's credit that the photo turned out good, but actually at the time, he was really tired and starving.  I read in one of his earlier interviews that he'd asked the staff for double portions of food one day, because he was so hungry he wanted food, even though he'd already eaten. :(  He needs much more food than most people, and he was actually starving on set, poor thing!  So I'm not surprised, really, if all the water on the table is for him and that he managed to finish it all. 
I don't know why I suddenly talked so much about his drinking... :-S
@sunshine4ever - You raised a lot of interesting points in your posts, I don't really know where to start.  Maybe I'll share my thoughts regarding the girlfriend issue.  CJH mentioned in his interviews that he's a very traditional guy, he holds very traditional values on love and marriage.  He's a one-woman guy. When he's in love, he goes a little crazy and wants to see her all the time, which is why he said that it's best if the gf doesn't appear when he's working cos he won't be able to concentrate.  He only wants his gf's affections for himself.  Well, if his girlfriend came from the same industry, that would be hard wouldn't it? I'm not sure he would be able to tolerate having male fans stare at his gf, or for that matter, seeing his gf acting intimate with other men in dramas etc.  The acting industry is rather complicated too, isn't it?  For someone who holds such traditional values of love and marriage, I kind of agree with him that it needs to be someone from outside of the industry.  
Btw, I love Park Si Hwan's OST song too.  I listen to it every time I go running.  The track is on repeat and I feel like I can keep going cos I'm reliving the EC drama in my head as I run. It's great! :)

Dear HyukHyuk girls, just pop in to update about his FM in Bangkok. This event has been postponed due to The Martial Law annouced today. The new date is not confirmed yet. IMHO, I think it's good for now since we don't know what will happen. The point is, the venue is very close to the protest area. Even though the protesters there are well behaved (I was one of them :) ) a lot of roads are closed which makes it difficult to go. I hope the new date will be confirmed soon. Can't wait to see him!!

Sorry for my short post. I'll be back for proper comments, I really enjoyed reading all stories of his recent events :)

Love him :x :x :x

Guest sunshine4ever

I seriously wonder how he was able to sign in sunglasses like that. I have worn sunglasses to the store before and sometimes I can't take it off because mine's with the prescription, but I guess he probably sees darker people in that whole signing event then. Haha.

@celes80,

I hope you won't mind speaking my mind and I know this is Jin Hyuk's thread so please pardon me if I offend anyone, but *coughs* I think it's not fair for his future girlfriend to let other women look at him lol...while she can't let herself be looked at..(and this comes from a very conservative woman which is me

:D )...anyway, going to be serious now...I know I don't agree with his perspectives on this, but hopefully he will find the right one outside of the entertainment circle so that his marriage will be more lasting. It can be hard if actors/actresses date each other as they work a lot and then there are other expectations. Rarely do people who are actors and actresses get to marry and it lasts long, so I think JH's thoughts on marrying someone outside it is a good one for his wife and  for himself. Although I still disagree with the fact that he will let other women look at him and not allowing her to be looked at by other men. :) Heh, unless he suddenly changes his career. Anyway, I'm not into the body but the soul, so Jin Hyuk's future girlfriend/wife doesn't need to worry about me eying on him.~ :) I hope he finds the right woman that loves him.~~~ Although I have to say he has to go to the army soon. *sighs* I think  you can still date while you're in your military duty, right? Thank you for sharing your insights. ^^

@alex1999, thanks so much for updating us about Jin Hyuk's activity in Thailand. I hope things go well with you all over there.~

A fan-made video of CJH which includes some of his latest pics.  Is the song, his OST from MDTF, for those of you familiar with the show?
Credit to uploader: Soyon Halmo
http://youtu.be/IGu4_0DjbtU

Guest mdolphins

@celes80 No it is the OST from Panda and Hedgehog. Thanks for posting the video, I liked it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtH-HqCh5Vs

Guest abcchin

Hi everyone I'm new here in this thread! :D and actually I havent been posting anything since 2009. LOL
Yeah and so I became a fan of Choi Jin Hyuk oppa after noticing him in I Need Romance xD Quite sometime ago and it didnt strike me again until I watch The Heirs. I didn't watch Gu Family Book.. only watch the cuts... hahahaha.. too lazy to watch because he only appear here and there.Then of course Emergency Couple! 
Anyways, does anyone have idea whether "Fated to Love You" will have a press conference or something any definite dates? I would love to donate rice wreath...

Hyukhyuk girls  I wonder if any new members watched and/or have the drama, eng sub ‘My Daughter to Flower.’  I know it played in one country. The MDTF drama thread was opened recently and I sincerely hope some members have or find someplace a downloaded video of this drama in eng sub.

p7d2.gif
  cr to DC

@alex1999  Hello!  Please take care of yourself. You’ll never know when things could turn into what??   However I know that one's beliefs and principles can't be ignored.  Yesterday I read about the martial law but it said it was a low level so I didn't think it would affect CJH's fan meeting.   I have been eager to see his dance. Oh well I live outside of kdrama and have more important things to consider first.   Thank you for the information and be safe

@Yeekrfan2    I didn't know the double crown = the naughtiness!! haha   Somehow I thought your first one could spin your life on the merry-go-round because he looked cute and smart but mischievous.  Maybe he was then but now you forgot about it?!   Every parent has some kind of amnesia when it comes to their dear children. haha  However your assumption about CJH with one crown you might have to rethink because I think CJH as a single child gave his parents, especially his mom, headaches too.   CJH said he wasn't crazy about studying. I think he hated it.   He liked to mingle with other boys and when boys get together it's inevitable they create trouble. haha   Yep He talked about numerous times his mom had to go the school because of his mischief.  I think he grew up in a small agricultural town just outside of a major city, Mokpo.  You remember him talking about growing up with a lot of cousins and nephews. In such a town like that the people usually stay around together and build close kinships among themselves. In one of the articles from last summer he mentioned about going down there ( ?Mokpo) to see his uncle who was a high school teacher and it would be nice for him to show up for his uncle's students.  He appeared to grow up as a normal, average kid except now he is an actor and has to live in abnormal reality.  So the double or single doesn’t make any difference. Boys are boys. That’s it.

XHEtpo6.jpg
   cr to DC

Guest mdolphins

Hi everyone it is nice to see some new people on here lately and we have had so much news lately...it has been really exciting. I love seeing him on the cover, especially of a fitness magazine, He has definitely been a busy, busy man lately.

Getting back to the old version of FTLY I will post some of my thoughts here:

Well, I gave it a good shot, but I can honestly say this type of drama is not for me. While there are some really sweet things about it, great soundtrack (adorable really) Dylan, Grandma, but there are not enough good things about it to help me get past my dislike of the main leads and the plot. I just don't like stories where there are constant misunderstandings between characters that take forever to get resolved.

By episode 17 Cun Xi (main lead guy) has changed some and regrets his previous actions, but by now, I no longer care, he exhausted me, And our sticky note girl, after 2 years of being in Shanghai away from her ex and being constantly encouraged and built up by Dylan to become (super confident and awesome) Elaine, she allowed her Jerk ex-hubby to easily come back into her heart just like that *snaps fingers.*  Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but when she goes back to visit her family again, instead of breaking up with Dylan in person, she leaves him a letter. All the respect and caring I had built up for her vanished at that point, because he deserved better and he believed in her when others didn't and he trusted her... and she is too spineless to break up their fledgling relationship with him in person.

Like I said, I gave it a good run, but I can't watch any more, I am just hoping the remake is A LOT better and I already know how Dylan's story ends in the original so at least there is some consolation that Daniel in the remake isn't going to be completely unhappy in the end, so that is good.

I hope Jin Hyuk will be able to create a Daniel that is memorable in the hearts and minds of his fans, but I can already tell this drama is probably going to put all of us second-lead-fans through the emotional wringer.

Sorry @celes80 I really did try to like it, but I don't have a high tolerance for dramas with too much frustrating stuff going on and weak characters that don't seem to grow enough in the end. I am really picky about the dramas I like and I do end up dropping probably more than half after I start them. If the characters don't touch my heart then I have a hard time sticking with them and rooting for them until the end or sometimes I like the characters, but the storyline starts becoming ridiculous and then I drop it. For example, I started watching "I hear your voice" and I really like the characters, but the storyline is starting to get too much for me,...amnesia...seriously...sigh. I am at episode 10, but my enthusiasm is starting to wane a bit...anyone else go through this? Please feel free to PM me.

Hugs...at least we are starting to get some stills and other news about FTLY (remake) now, and even though I know my heart is probably going to get broken watching this drama, I am still really excited about it.  

Guest Joon J. Lee

Now this can be a spoiler but he did mention about his role in the upcoming drama at the FM in Korea.. Unlike the original drama, his character is more sophisticated and free at heart who spent a good part of his life in western cultures. (He does play the role of a genius fashion designer). I expect a more adorable character than the original Taiwanese drama.

One more thing he mentioned. As you guys already know he is not so fluent in English so he asked the writer to put as little English as possible for his part. :))

Now this can be a spoiler but he did mention about his role in the upcoming drama at the FM in Korea.. Unlike the original drama, his character is more sophisticated and free at heart who spent a good part of his life in western cultures. (He does play the role of a genius fashion designer). I expect a more adorable character than the original Taiwanese drama.

One more thing he mentioned. As you guys already know he is not so fluent in English so he asked the writer to put as little English as possible for his part. :))

Hahahaha.......As little English as possible! How about Chinese or Japanese?

=))

PS He's really cute! :)))))