Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Just got back from the exam and read couple of pages of IRIS thread and this thread XD

Rubie, I've read your discussions in the IRIS thread and they are so interesting and echoed my thoughts/feelings... Hahah it looks like ep 10 is KTH's episode.. As much as KTH is kicking richard simmons in ep 10, I still adore KSY's presence in the drama... maybe Im biased but I feel that KSHwa is more difficult character to portray, let alone making her character likable.. Usually in k-drama land, the supporting female characters who likes the male lead gets into some jealously fit and use under-handed tactics to be close to the guy lol But its different for KSY... I totally understand her actions... Yes I do think she was jealous of CSH but i think she did not want him to be distracted.. If she was overcome by jealousy I would have thought that she would have shot CSH when she had the chance... I mean she didn't instantly pull the trigger the moment she had the chance but hesitated instead... At the same time I pity her KSHwa because it seems her relationship with HJ starts to deteriorate and become more of an ally- to ally relationship rather than 'more than friends or similar'

I sincerely hope that the directors have more to offer for KSHwa character... I feel that there's so much more for KSHwa other than a possible love interest for HJ (one sided though :( ) I know she's just a supporting character and main characters have the priority of more 'screen-time' but her character is so intriguing which would bring a lot of charm to IRIS as a whole....

Seriously I have never ever supported a non-pairing before this badly... It just shows that their chemistry is flying off the roof hahaha I love their subtle expressions and touch/ non touch interactions :wub

My prediction for the next episode: there would be no reunion for CSH-HJ yet because KSHwa would save HJ from CSH unmasking him... She probably knocked her down or something and then when HJ becomes conscious, he demands to know what she had done to his beloved CSH? -_- Hmm... Im wondering whether HJ

would want to work with KSHwa considering that he knows she lied? But maybe due to circumstances, he has to work with her.. Of course, I prefer otherwise that he makes his decision to continue to work with her who has been on his side ever since

Also, your endless speculations ;) there may be a chance for CSH-KSH to team up and help HJ... I think that would be an interesting moment in the drama..

Ah cannot wait for next week... I'm dreading the upcoming episodes where KSHwa would face hardships/downfalls i.e. being alone without HJ.. Well, I'm hoping for the best for SHwa and that she does not die saving HJ or something :wacko: Pls PD/scriptwriters, the last thing I dont want is the death of her character!!!

Thanks 2uss for the artwork.. Always a pleasant to look at :)

Guest kimchibabe

I think the writers felt that CSH had to come at par with KSH's action scenes so she had to really go rough and tumble in Ep. 10. What a really suspenseful ending but its quite predictable that KSH will be saving HJ from being unmasked. And judging from the previews...still no reunion between CSH and HJ.

Wah.. so many IRIS-KSY goodies! :wub: Thanks lilcrash.. I'm still so excited with the BTS caps because I've just seen episode 10. It's good to really see that the stars of IRIS really do get along so well.. their scenes have all been so intense and serious.. a nice change seeing such lighthearted moments.

Btw.. is there a clip or transcript for the Happy Together program? Would be nice to see the other side of Kim Sun Hwa. :lol: And the gif.. is that from an actual IRIS scene or the BTS? I don't quite remember seeing it before.

Guest kimchibabe

^Me too...really great pics of KSY . She really was captured beautifully. And her BTS with LBH looked like sweet moments off camera. I really love this pair.

Anyway, the gif was from the scene in SW's apartment while they were looking at the computer.

^Me too...really great pics of KSY . She really was captured beautifully. And her BTS with LBH looked like sweet moments off camera. I really love this pair.

Anyway, the gif was from the scene in SW's apartment while they were looking at the computer.

The apartment scene.. thanks kimchibabe-sis, now I remember. the image wasn't fully complete just now.:blush: It's so obvious to see in episodes 8 and 9.. how HJ would stand really close to KSH when she's at the computer.. almost breathing down her neck. :P

It's rather funny to see how the usually calm KSH was seen nervous and almost panicking during the apartment scene when the NSS team was already nearby. But HJ.. clearly back in his familiar territory is not affected at all.

Could it be that KSH may not realize about HJ's photographic memory but she was watching him intently as he remembers numbers and passwords very easily.

The BTS pics.. are a treat indeed! :wub:

Thanks lilcrash for the BTS pictures and screencaps! Ah such a nice change to the action-packed drama.. Good to see that co-stars have a good working relationship :D I love the BTS picture where LBH is lying down smiling while KSY is sitting smiling hahah so cute... seems that they enjoy working as co-stars ;)

heheh KSY in the variety show looks very cute with the sunglasses and the inverted 'V" sign hehehe she's trying to show her 'gangster/cool' side lol

Ah the screencaps of KSHwa in latest eps are definitely a bonus to me.. I haven't watched ep 9 and 10, just raw parts of HJ-KSHwa in ep 9... Have to wait for the eng subs to come out....

rubie, I read your latest post in IRIS thread... I agree with you that LBH and KSY had 'nothing' to work with in the beginning because i remember reading in one of KSY's interviews that originally KSHwa was not involved romantically with LBH but just as an assassin.. However, after consideration (maybe after seeing KSY's dedication and portrayal of KSHwa), they added a romantic aspect to her storyline.. So basically LBH and KSY had to somehow build their chemistry through subtle interactions... To me, those moments are quite powerful and can mean so many things. Imho, kudos to KSY who's acting is up to par with LBH... She can hold her own against all the star-studded cast :)

I dont mean to attack KTH but I do not feel the amazing chemistry in CSH-HJ compared to HJ-KSY albeit all the love scenes... just my 2 cents ;)

^ You're so right, csfan.. about the article.. I read it once but forgot about it too soon.That would explain much about KSH-HJ screentime since episode 8. If she were to fall hard for HJ.. KSH would definitely have to be around a lot more in the coming episodes *yay!* LOL! I love that BTS pic, too.. it's such a surprise. As HJ, LBH never smiles in the episodes any more.. so does KSY.. so, it's really heartwarming seeing them sharing a light moment.

Btw.. don't worry about expressing your thoughts.. it's all valid and reasonable opinion. some other fans may not see and feel HJ-KSH like we do.. so, all is fair and even.

Guest kbmoon87

Thanks lilcrash for the BTS pictures and screencaps! Ah such a nice change to the action-packed drama.. Good to see that co-stars have a good working relationship :D I love the BTS picture where LBH is lying down smiling while KSY is sitting smiling hahah so cute... seems that they enjoy working as co-stars ;)

heheh KSY in the variety show looks very cute with the sunglasses and the inverted 'V" sign hehehe she's trying to show her 'gangster/cool' side lol

Ah the screencaps of KSHwa in latest eps are definitely a bonus to me.. I haven't watched ep 9 and 10, just raw parts of HJ-KSHwa in ep 9... Have to wait for the eng subs to come out....

rubie, I read your latest post in IRIS thread... I agree with you that LBH and KSY had 'nothing' to work with in the beginning because i remember reading in one of KSY's interviews that originally KSHwa was not involved romantically with LBH but just as an assassin.. However, after consideration (maybe after seeing KSY's dedication and portrayal of KSHwa), they added a romantic aspect to her storyline.. So basically LBH and KSY had to somehow build their chemistry through subtle interactions... To me, those moments are quite powerful and can mean so many things. Imho, kudos to KSY who's acting is up to par with LBH... She can hold her own against all the star-studded cast :)

I dont mean to attack KTH but I do not feel the amazing chemistry in CSH-HJ compared to HJ-KSY albeit all the love scenes... just my 2 cents ;)

Yeah I have nothing against KTH either. I've felt her pairing with LBH was a little awkward and didn't see any chemistry. Even now during suspensful and tear felt scenes, I felt the chemistry was fake. Maybe it's because i'm more of a fan of KSY than KTH. What do you guys think?

Coincidently I wrote this at the IRIS thread in response to a friend's post but I am a LBH fan and will be more inclined to him and his pairing with KSY whom I just adore.. so.. it's really not neutral / unbiased opinion as I would like it to be...

As an ardent LBH fan I know he can make the any romance part totally believable, and he did so for IRIS. The lovers' relationship in Akita was mutual and very passionate yet sweetly done. KTH despite the first scene and first time acting with LBH got into the intimate part very comfortably. So, that sets the main pairing main storyline good enough to go. In fact, she's most at ease in scenes with him. As lovers, that memory is strong. However, there have been 'struggle' between the lover part and the profiler part in the first half that wasn't smoothly conveyed. This is just my observation. Episode 1 (the university "student" role) appear most naturally because it was done very much later.. almost nearing the airing time. The kissing scene in episode 2 also appeared much aggressively passionate but real (obviously ^^) because it was done after the Akita lovescene. If one is being particular.. it's easy to notice the different level of intensity.. from supposedly first kiss to the lovescene. But all in all, LBH and KTH really do not make it awkward. So, I'm good with what comes along. KTH as CSH without HJ.. in pre ep. 10.. may have had some tense moments by herself. But after episode 10, with that hard action surprise.. hopefully she will be able to get into a myriad of emotions more easily and better at delivering them because if that happens, it would be really good for her, most and foremost as well as for IRIS especially.

KSY. Adore her. It's also her first time acting with LBH but realizing the limitation her supporting character would have long before IRIS started, like you.. we can only hope that her role won't be too short. Of course.. there was no indication (in the earlier released preview clips) how her character would actually turn out but clearly KSH have been given a makeover in term of character as it's much better than expected considering the way KSH and HJ first met in IRIS and the screentime they now share. The unlikely suspects showing strong attraction albeit in really pensive, moody with even less conversation scenes. No sweet talks, no kisses or no hugs .. but touches like spontaneous caress, reasurring hand-grasping that totally speaks more than words.We know for IRIS such relationship between KSH and HJ is next to nil but their unspoken understanding really makes it all so worthwhile to watch and enjoy. [it's a treat seeing the BTS pics actually.. because HJ-KSH acted so well in their all-dark, serious & gloomy relationship but so totally heartwarming & charming offscreen]

However.. let's not dwell and compare this too much. It is really a matter how and who we like to see more in IRIS. Let's keep discussing about KSY more because bringing in another actress into comparison will more likely create rift between fans. We can talk about it at the IRIS thread but even then.. still have to consider the others there, just like we want others to consider our preferences.

There are a lot more KSY / KSH / KSH-HJ topics and tidbits that we can share.

Guest kbmoon87

OMG...I'm watching the Kim So Yeon Happy Sunday segment and its hilarious. She is so cute when they claim she can dance and she keeps denying it. haha...I love her that much more now...really shows her character off screen....sigh....

OMG...I'm watching the Kim So Yeon Happy Sunday segment and its hilarious. She is so cute when they claim she can dance and she keeps denying it. haha...I love her that much more now...really shows her character off screen....sigh....

Do you have the link to share, I'd like to watch it too. :rolleyes:

Guest gracefulmoonie

First of all--Lilcrash, you are a Goodess!!! Thanks so much for the BTS pics and other bits related to KSY.

One of those BTS pics will be my desktop wallpaper <3

Yeah I have nothing against KTH either. I've felt her pairing with LBH was a little awkward and didn't see any chemistry. Even now during suspensful and tear felt scenes, I felt the chemistry was fake. Maybe it's because i'm more of a fan of KSY than KTH. What do you guys think?

That's is interesting to know. Wow, I guess that the producers and writers decided that KSY's role would be more interesting if her character was romantically linked to LBH's character. For me, I WAS NOT surprised at how dynamic their chemistry turned out to be, given KSY acting abilities. Now, it's a different story if Son Ye Jin was still the leading actress. I probably would not be sure, who I would root for. I would have to see how LBH and SYJ interact. But like Rubie mentioned (THANKS FOR ALL THE IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS ^_^) -- nobody wants to start a shipper war, and I don't want to offend any fans of KTH, but you know, everyone has their likes and dislikes, and I happen to not like KTH, and thus, I don't feel the chemistry btw her and LBH.

I have not watch episode 10 yet, so don't know what to disucss for episode 10. I just hope that, in the future eps, somehow HJ will give us a hint of his feelings (if he has any) for SH...maybe not, since now he knows that CSH is alive.

Do you have the link to share, I'd like to watch it too. :rolleyes:

Youku link

or

Megaupload link @ http://aja-aja.com/regular/happy-together-season-3

Scroll down and you'll see Episode 123.

(If you don't want to download it, you can watch it on Megavideo, click "View on Megavideo" under "File size".

I haven't watched it yet, maybe after my exams next week. :D

^^

Heheh I did not mean to attack KTH or her fans.. I know its a sensitive issue but I just wanted to express my opinions and thoughts on her character... I just wanted to mention it here because I know if I do that back in IRIS thread, Im probably going to get fried lol j/k

Anyways, we should stick back to KSHwa-HJ moments in this thread.... I cannot wait for ep 11.... Im so scared of what is to become of SHwa relationship with HJ.. Im having a feeling their relationship would take a step back instead of a step forward :(

So much can happen in 10 episodes.. but as KSY says, she 'SHwa gives all her heart to HJ in the second half of drama' Now I dont know if that is a good or bad thing... It could mean that she is willing to sacrifice her life for him and possibly become a sacrificial lamb :o AAAhhhhh..... Im dreading the thought!

Basically, no actors/actresses would know what would become of their characters in terms of the ending? OR they do know but keep tight-lipped about it??? Ahhh I really wish they let slip a lil piece of spoilers or something heheeh

Youku link

or

Megaupload link @ http://aja-aja.com/regular/happy-together-season-3

Scroll down and you'll see Episode 123.

(If you don't want to download it, you can watch it on Megavideo, click "View on Megavideo" under "File size".

I haven't watched it yet, maybe after my exams next week. :D

This is so awesome, lilcrash! The MU link is perfect, thanks so much... downloading now! :lol:

Really appreciate the links, I don't really know much about the variety show.. it got me interested because of KSY .. of course! :wub:

csfan, kbmoon87, gracefulmoonie.. believe it or not.. I totally understood your sentiments but as we are fully aware.. it's such a delicate matter and because of KSY's status in the cast (not the lead, unfortunately).. we have to be the more accomodating ones. I've been at the IRIS thread since day 1 going through so much before the show finally started but I'm a LBH fan and I'll stick by it. So far.. I managed to live it through and enjoying all that I know I would.. especially with the HJ-KSH pairing. We obviously can't have it all (the way we would want it to be) but let's look at it this way.. KSY's role wasn't supposed to be that prominent in the first place and yet she's now closely sharing the screentime with LBH in 3 consecutive episodes.. not to mention the intense chemistry based on no lovey-dovey situation. For me, that is even better than what I had expected to be. Their onscreen chemistry exceeded my expectation, totally. Whatever the ending would be.. I'm already a happy fan. :blush:

The next 10 episode are totally sealed.. except that CSH is supposed to be unmasking HJ but it will not happen too soon. We can only hope there will be twist to the show. In fact there's still PCY (played superbly by KSW).. he obviously have the feelings for KSH but not vice-versa. At least there's another situation that will ensure more KSH appearance in IRIS.

There's already the connection between her and HJ.. we just don't know how it will be played out but it'll be weird if KSH would suddenly disappear when she plays a big part in helping HJ plan his revenge. I'm sure KSH would not want to see HJ going through the same torture again because although CSH is alive.. everything has changed. Even with a preset conclusion which I don't think the actors would really know about (the writers are still adjusting the best possible ending for IRIS as they go by).. there is still much to look forward to. KSY is still filming with the rest of the cast.. so, her character is still intact.

By now.. the audience are already familiar with KSY-HJ pairing. It may be just the secondary relationship but it clearly has strong impact on the series as it did to us.

Sorry.. I'm not making sense here, talking too much. I'm just saying the lovers chemistry of HJ-CSH have been comfortably conveyed but the present HJ-KSH is more intense.

^^

I understand what you mean by their relationship making a big impact on us although they're just a secondary pairing hehehe

I really hope that KSHwa would have more scenes to come, with or without HJ... Of course I would prefer more interactions with HJ :P But I would hate it if the PD/writers suddenly make SHwa go psycho and start hurting people out of jealousy lol Well, Im sure the writers wont do that, right? It would just kill the story hehehe

Yes, I have to say now KSHwa have more screentime than KSW, making her look like one the main characters.. hehe Im hoping to see more development btw KSY-PCY-HJ in the 2nd half of the drama cuz that would definitely show interesting interactions... I can just imagine PCY sensing that KSHwa has changed and possibly a tint of jealousy since SHwa is on HJ's side instead of her following him as always.... Oh also I saw this screencaps of KSY-PCY pointing guns at each other :o Im assuming KSY is turning her back against PCY for HJ???

edit: you never talk too much.. its good to see you sharing your ideas/thoughts on SHwa-HJ... Love reading your posts :)

I just saw the Happy Together clip last night.. it's so funny, seeing a totally different KSY. I mean the real Kim So Yeon.. she is just soooooooooo NOT Kim Sun Hwa! :lol: I don't really watch any variety shows.. it's kinda weird actually but here you'll get to see KSY as who she is.

KSY is the total and complete opposite of KSH. She has very girlish appearance and so incredibly shy.. sporting but still very shy. I am just so impressed by this actress. She could be really daring at the Red Carpet.. so strong, sophisticated and cool as KSH and yet .. who she is.. when she's not in a role.. is a sweet, and very adorable young woman. When the camera starts rolling.. it's like seeing a literally different person acting as KSH. I would never imagine it a million times KSH would be someone like KSY in real life. :P which proves KSY is indeed very talented.. she can totally cast herself and immerse in acting a role that's really top notch performance.

I'm sure IRIS would bring KSY a storm of change in her acting career. It's just so confusing how she never got to be a lead or cast in a movie (it would be great, she's like never been in any recent movies at all! :o ) like other actresses when she is really someone with talent. Is her management not proactive.. or what?

She is definitely a star shining bright.. and hopefully, after IRIS we'll see more of KSY..given a well and rightly deserving attention as she truly should...

Guest Supernike911

love her in IRIS!!!!! so mysterious and sexy and cooolll~~

i personally like her better with short hair

makes he appear more sassy :D :D

some pix of her with the long hair make her look so old ><

gosh she's so beautiful :)

can't wait for ep 11 of IRIS!!!!!!!!! ^^