Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Guest lukelai4ever

anybody have any good wallpapers of her in iris (or with short hair)? i've been looking and have not been very successful...i wish i had photoshop so at least i could tryyy and make some :|

Do you know when the movie version would come out? Im sure it'd come after the drama ends... Im wondering what they have in mind for the movie version ;)

In the screendaily update, it mentions that the movie will be released in early 2010. It's probably best that they show it while everyone is still hot on IRIS after the drama ended with an impactful finale or perhaps, a spin-off cliffhanger?

Din't come back in two days, and the thread is full of goodies <3 it....Thanks Lilcrash and rubie!

My favorite is the one with KSY in the red/blue stripe dress, and the one of the close up of her face. This short hair really suits her. I am just so used to seeing her with long hair, so the short hair looks even more amazing on her.

In episode 12, my favorite scene was at the beginning at the church, when HJ immediately grab SH's hand when the men started shooting at them.

Episode 12 seems to be the starting point for SH's cycle of sadness, since CSH is alive and she has to bear seeing HJ feeling hurt. I felt her heartache when she saw HJ watching CSH at the cemetery from afar. It's so heartbreaking... :(

And the part where the man comes in and greet SH. I agree with csfan, that HJ was just probably curious to see who it was, no jealousy there at all.

And also, you guys brought out some really interesting points to dicuss, If there is a showdown, and if there are casualties, SH and Vik will probably be the first to die. CSH, HJ, PSY, SW are what I considered the main characters, so they won't die yet. Hopefully SH will still be on til ep 16 or 17. And if she does die, please give her a proper send off, I don't want her to just die.

It'll be nice to see HJ feeling jealous (about KSH).. even a tiny bit, wouldn't it? But KSH isn't the type to manipulate him, doesn't fit her personality even.. and he's already such a tortured & damaged soul.. a woman who loves him would never want to see him suffer any more.

Definitely agree with you guys.. if ep 15 is to be the last outing for KSH/KSY.. please make it most memorable for her and us. Nothing less than HJ by her side and feeling crushed by it. She may not get his love but KSH is the one person sticking by him all this while.. if she's gone.. HJ must feel and be affected by the sudden emptiness that he'll realize how much he misses her (when it's all too late), his shadow. Gosh.. I hope none of us is correct on our gloomy assumption. :mellow:

Btw.. KSY looks really good in short hair.. more and more she's rockin' it so well. It's definitely the perfect change she made for IRIS and it really made her stand out throughout the episodes. Her previous style somehow made her look a lot thinner but nowadays, KSY is always in a glowing appearance highlighting her beautiful features. But in the recent interview posted by So Hye Yeon.. if I'm not mistaken.. I think she said that a woman should still have longer hair to show her feminity (or something like that).. that's why she wouldn't cut hers too short. But I think now that she looks so good in short hair.. she could try something shoulder length, she'll look so awesome.. of course.

anybody have any good wallpapers of her in iris (or with short hair)? i've been looking and have not been very successful...i wish i had photoshop so at least i could tryyy and make some :|

Hi lukelai4ever, welcome to KSY thread! We're happy to see new fans at the thread. :lol:

About KSH' wallies.. 2uss have been making to share some really nice IRIS artwork for the cast including KSY after each episode. We have them posted here in these few pages or if you'd like to search for them faster, please refer the IRIS thread page 1 .. at post #2 and onwards. In the codebox, there are all the IRIS wallies or banners compiled together.

We also some of the nice and clear screencaps of KSH in IRIS.. around page 7 onwards, I think. We can easily enlarge the caps even without PS. But if anyone has some nice IRIS-KSH wallies.. please do share with us, too. :D

Come join us in the discussions, any time.. we just love talking about KSY, and especially KSH-HJ. :blush:

November 23, 2009

"LOVE OF IRIS"

How does a doomed love end? What Seon-hwa and Sa-woo feel toward their objects of affection in “Iris” is more than dangerous--it’s cruel. Their “love” is more of an obsession. They are preoccupied with taking their objects of affection by any means. The thing that draws a clear line between love and obsession is the wounded hearts of everyone involved. When someone wields a knife on a person they love and leaves indelible wounds in their hearts as a way to receive their love, that is clearly an obsession. It’s like cutting the wings of a beautiful bird to make it stay by your side forever, taking good care of it, cherishing it, feeding it with the most delicious things in the world and feeling satisfied. There is only one answer to this: “I do this because I love this bird.” But the bird responds with tears in its eyes and stops being beautiful.

287_773_l.jpg

The moment when the black veil of cruel fate is taken down, there is a woman who rushes in and a man who is about to explode. Kim Seon-hwa holds on to Hyun-joon’s warm hand, which was the cause of death of her loved ones. Jin Sa-woo lies to Seung-hee about Hyun-joon’s death and becomes the slave of his feelings.

287_774_l.jpg

▶ Despite the piercing cold and gusty winds, Hyun-joon and Seon-hwa have no other choice but to walk this road. The snow field, which did not want to see anyone’s blood, makes Seon-hwa frozen heart melt gradually. Hyun-joon’s warm heart was enough to captivate her heart during their brief stay in the mountains, which ended with meaningless words, both to Hyun-joon and Seon-hwa. In fact, it binds together the fates of Hyun-joon and Seon-hwa. On the way to Yuki’s house, a former pursuer and the man she pursued become a woman who opens up her heart and a man who accepts her feelings.

287_775_l.jpg

▶ Seon-hwa refuses to miss the last chance. Her mission determined the fate of her beloved mother and younger siblings. The man who she had to find and kill by any means was not ready to give up. He became everyone’s enemy when his own organization, for which he risked his life, abandoned him. His sad eyes and broken heart still vividly recall the moment when the car with Seung-hee was blown up. He had to come to his senses and become tougher. The last words that he said to Seung-hee that day--“I’ll be right back, and you sit here”--weighed heavily on his heart every night. He wanted to take revenge not for the sake of Seung-hee but for his own sake. He wanted to reunite with Seung-hee after he relieved his anger and pain that raged deep inside him--even if that meant reuniting with her in another life. But that was before he learned that Seung-hee was alive.

287_776_l.jpg

▶ Why did Seon-hwa make that cruel choice? One thing is clear – her choice was not based simply on her feelings for Hyun-joon. Seung-hee was desperate to find out if Hyun-joon was alive. It was a crucial chance for her to get an answer. Kim Seon-hwa was a security guard of North Korean official Yoon Seong-chul, who Hyun-joon had to kill before he disappeared. Seon-hwa had a photo of NSS chief Baek San. Seung-hee sensed that she had something to do with Hyun-joon. But the answer that she heard from Seon-hwa was, “I don’t know.” Until the moment she helped Seon-hwa escape, Seung-hee firmly believed that Hyun-joon was alive. But Baek San’s conspiracy and Sa-woo’s lies gradually destroyed her belief. Memories of her blissful moments with Hyun-joon are still alive in her heart.

287_777_l.jpg

▶ The dark shadow that descended on Seung-hee’s life after she overcame her pain and returned to normal life coincided with the meaning of the second tarot card--“the deadliest point.” Seon-hwa and Sa-woo tried to distort the meaning of the first card, which was “destined encounter,” with their lies. But the feelings of Hyun-joon and Seung-hee toward each other only grew stronger, causing pain yet again.

287_778_l.jpg

▶ What would Seon-hwa answer to this question: If someone lied to Seon-hwa about the death of her mother and siblings, like someone lied about Seung-hee’s death, and if Seon-hwa walked this path as a result of that conspiracy, leaving indelible wounds in the hearts of so many people, would she forgive all those people--the ones who conspired and the ones who pretended they didn’t know the truth? What did Seon-hwa try to gain by pretending not to know that Seung-hee was alive? Seon-hwa’s eyes are as sad and fragile as Hyun-joon’s. If she wanted to make him fall in love with her, she should have stopped him from taking this cruel path. She should have foreseen his doomed fate.

287_779_l.jpg

▶ But at this very moment, seeing Hyun-joon and Seung-hee eager to find answers, Seon-hwa has only one choice. As someone who had to go through the excruciating pain of accepting the death of her loved ones, she lets Hyun-joon believe that Seung-hee is dead. Hyun-joon’s final goal is to avenge himself and Seung-hee, whereas Seon-hwa’s only goal is to prevent him from reuniting with the woman he loves. But Seon-hwa’s hope is dashed. She goes through as much pain as Hyun-joon, her eyes overflowing with sadness.

287_780_l.jpg

“I’m sorry. I tried to take you by lying. Don’t forgive me...”

By Park Jong-koo All Rights Reserved ⓒ KBS & KBSi - KBS Global

Hmm that is such an interesting article that you've posted, rubie.

Actually, reading your reply (from IRIS thread) about whether they making her 'dislikable' so that they could dispose her after ep 15... I'm hoping that is not the case!! It have never occurred to me that there may be something 'more' to KSHwa... I believed that this is who she is, an NK agent who was sent to kill HJ, but ultimately failed and fell in love with him, putting herself on the line to help him in every way she can... But if the writers/PD do show that there's somthing to KSHwa, Im interested to know what that is....

The writer of the article also mentions that what SHwa would gain by pretending not to know that CSH was alive? I sincerely believe that she did not want to make HJ fall in love with her, I think she's scared that he may leave her side once he knows CSH is alive...He is probably the only one closest to her after her family members got killed. I feel she probably did not know how to express her conflicting feelings of jealousy and love so it was hard for her to come out and tell HJ the truth...

For sure, SHwa knows that there is only CSH in his heart... I'm positive that she being his shadow/sidekick i.e helping his revenge plan is just a way to express her love for him...

Also, the quote at the end.. Is that the writer's assumption/imaginary quote of KSHwa?

Forgot to mention the writer also states her love for HJ as an obsession??? What do you guys think about that? Imo, I don't think her love for him is obsession.. SHwa is definitely not preoccupied in taking HJ by any means.. All she has done is be by his side to help him execute his revenge...

I know, csfan.. that's why the article is making me a bit more confused and bewildered about the obsession factor.. not once did I sense KSH being obsessed with HJ.. it's HJ who's obsessed with CSH. But if there's something that the writers are planning for her.. I hope it will be believable for the audience to take.

About KSH "lying" to HJ.. does it really matter now.. does it really make HJ feel better knowing that CSH is alive? It's Baek San who's out to destroy HJ.. and that's why HJ should be watching his back and be more focused which is exactly what KSH is helping him do.

I really don't know if the article truly reflects IRIS or it's more the reporter's own imagination. :wacko:

Argh seriously this article is killing me.. Ah I really hope that whatever the writers/PD is thinking of doing to KSHwa better be believable and reasonable.. If they make her suddenly turn into a jealous-ridden irrational character I would be first to kill them!! :ph34r: hehehe I'm thinking too much now... I am sure the writers will be sensible based on how they have presented KSHwa's character.. I am so glad that they have added KSHwa as a love interest for HJ, if not, we would not be seeing such dynamic and intense interactions btw KSY-LBH :wub:

To be honest, the writer's analogy of the bird thing to describe obsession did not even mirror KSHwa-HJ's relationship... I think it slightly mirrors SW-CSH but I also dont think he is obsessed with her as well... I actually think obsession does not even fit into the drama... lol about HJ being obsessed with CSH hehehe

Also this phrase: The thing that draws a clear line between love and obsession is the wounded hearts of everyone involved.. Hmm i dont think that sentence is clear to me.. He/she is saying that love is when there are no wounded hearts involved whereas obsession is otherwise.. Now CSH-HJ obviously love each other but dont they also 'wound'/hurt SW and KSHwa as well.... What I mean to say is a better way to differentiate love and obsession is two sided being love and one sided being obsession :P

hehe Im so confused on the writer's intentions.. I'm not sure if he/she is sympathizing with KSHwa or apathetic towards KSHwa???? Rubie, maybe you have a better idea of the writer's intentions heheh

Just a note: Thanks for keeping the peace at IRIS :) To be honest, some are easily disheartened by such comments so its good that you're there to prevent any clashes...

Guest So Hye Yeon

csfans ... I love your avartar awesome SunHwa :D

I sharing discussion of HJ & KSW not much

b’coz I haven’t seen all ep. Of IRIS ,yet

anyway I enjoy reading in your discuss of this paring

like I’ve already seen it ,

Thanks both of you

I just left from IRIS thread ,

Some comment in page 160 let me really and really mad!!

I know I should be silent or stay calm , but I can’t

b'coz SOMEONE want to underestimate my SOYEON.

as well as underestimate SOYEON fans

it's waste of time to dispute which couple is the best...

or who is the best act ability ....

everyone have favourite differently

we should respect each other

(sorry to rubie who PD of IRIS thread in my bad act…)

Thanks lilcrash for the screencaps of KSHwa in ep 12 :wub: :wub: Thanks heaps! hehe I like the gif where she's fighting in ep 12 :P Appreciate your effort in resizing the gifs to 40kb!!! :)

hehe thanks Hye Yeon for the comment on my avie :blush: I made a quick avie to support KSHwa.. hehe dont worry too much about the comments in IRIS.. the more you defend, the more others would start to argue.. Just don't take it to heart.. The only ones that I cannot tolerate are those that attack the posters.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion/preference so just let it be... it should never resort to attacking posters just to defend their favourite actors/actresses

I'm glad that there is always this forum to come to :) Brightens up the mood heheh

Anyways, tmr is ep 13.. cannot wait to see more HJ-KSHwa

^

Np~

Here are 2 gifs of Sun Hwa fighting in ep 12, where one is a bit faster.

Sorry, it's crap. You don't have to use it, if you don't want to.

2u9mvcy.jpg

29fro5t.jpg

Some magazine pictures-

KSY in《Elle》Magazine December 2009 (Share Happiness set of photos)

k9uvyg.jpg

2vi0491.jpg

Credit: as tagged

KSY in《Bazaar》Magazine December 2009

2ytqhky.jpg

k339qv.jpg

Credit: as tagged, http://www.ikissyou.com/IKY_InMagazine/Pre...mp;intIdx=96488

Thanks lilcrash for the gif! hehe no its not crap at all and Ill use it as a sig! Thanks again for your time and effort :)

Heheh also thanks for sharing pics of KSY... She looks pretty, don't really like the dress but definitely love the close up shot and the one where she's holding the camera... Hopefully she'll keep the short hair :P

Eh heard some news or spoilers on filming locations.. eh.. I read that some not sure about KSY turning up to film the shootout? I hope it means that her character is not on deathbed or anything....

Guest So Hye Yeon

IRIS Newrelease MV "HJ-KSW" scene!!!

Rainbow - 20091122 MV Let's Put It Up [iRIS OST]

<<download here>>

091124.jpg

credit:daum & bigbangpop

posted by : minkie_p/KSY Thread @ popcorn

lilcrash ... thank you so much for wonderful KSH action scene & KSY super sexy photoshooting.... :D

Thanks Hye Yeon for the new mv.. wow another mv release??? hehe Im asuming there are no new scenes of HJ-KSHwa in that mv... considering that the director/PD wants everything under wraps

IRIS thread has becoming very quiet lately :(

Hello everyone, especially csfan (thanks for the PM, appreciate it very much), So Hye Yeon, lilcrash and all at KSY thread. I haven't forgotten about HJ-KSH but I felt really bad recently about what happened at the IRIS thread.. the unnecessary awkward feeling for KSY fans and her thread.. it sure makes us realize the hard reality of IRIS and forum-fanshipping especially. I was sad that my appreciation for KSH/KSY became ammunition for an attack instead. So, I am really sorry about it.

But.. let bygones be bygones ok. I've been thinking a lot about KSH especially with the latest IRIS development and will share some thoughts later or tomorrow. May not be as sure as it was before since really a lot has happened but we have always been positive.. no matter what.

I'm still downloading episode 14 and will combine it with ep 13.

The MV, although a fan-made (right?).. is really nice, thanks for sharing it.

Welcome back rubie!!! :) I was getting worried when you didnt come to both IRIS and KSY thread in the past few days.. Glad that you're back and all hihihi

Hey don't be sorry about what happened in the IRIS thread... Imho, it was not your fault, it was just some posters who were extremely inconsiderate and used that to attack KSHwa-HJ supporters... Even in the world of fan-shipping, there are always supporters of this pair and that pair so I was pretty frustrated that they turned all defensive and started attacking posters.. Just like what ripgal stated, best to take or ignore the comments, because everyone is entitled to their opinion....

Anyways... Im glad that you're not forgetting about HJ-KSHwa heheh I havent watched ep 13 or 14 yet but have read joynara's caps for 13 :) Seems really intense every episode ;) I can tell that KSHwa is definitely protective of HJ especially when she deleted the picture.. I hope that the writers keep her as it is because I do not want them to turn her into something malicious heheh

I'll be gladly waiting for your recaps and thoughts on ep 13/14.. in particular HJ-KSHwa moments... :)

Thanks Hye Yeon for the wallies!! Very nice and artistic hehe Also big thanks to 2uss for constantly sharing your artwork.. We appreciate your efforts :D

I don't know who the writer of that "Love of Iris" article was, but I seriously think they don't understand Seon-hwa at all. I don't see her as manipulative or obsessive AT all! In fact, I think she has many reasons NOT to tell HJ that CSH was alive. I think she's been trained almost all of her life to follow orders, and to carry out missions. She's gotten to the point where she has a mind of her own and has decided to commit herself to HJ and his vengeance, but even more than that, to get to the bottom of what IRIS really is. I think that while she clearly is in love with him, it was more her dedication to their mission that kept her from telling him than any obsessiveness or jealousy.

I think about it from this perspective: what could he possibly accomplish knowing his lover was alive? We see how shocked and unfocused he was when he saw her, and that was in the middle of a mission that really meant nothing to him. What if he'd found out she was still alive when he was back in Japan? He probably would have given up everything to try and get back to her, losing all sense of perspective. And it would have ended badly, with him being captured or killed, and he never would have gotten any answers to the questions why he was set up and abandoned, what IRIS is, etc.

So, just my opinion, but I think that given her background, KSHwa is not one to let her heart and emotions make decisions for her.

And in case you can't tell, I love the HJ-KSHwa relationship the best, too! I feel badly that HJ and CSH have lost the cute, innocent little relationship they were developing, but c'mon, realistically, there's no way they can go back to that. IMO what HJ is mourning now more than anything else is the loss of those carefree times. At this point, both have changed too much to ever be happy together again. At the same time, this IS a K-drama, so I know there isn't any way the writers will give HJ-KSHwa any happiness, either. Sigh... they just keep tugging at our heartstrings!