Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Just informing that Soyeon had two nominations for the Best Couple from MBC this year, with two of her costars: Lee Sang Woo and Lee Pil Mo. I think the W couple will win but it was nice to see her on the list. But we never know....

"이상우♥김소연 vs 이종석♥한효주"…MBC 베스트커플상 후보 공개_이미지

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_201612132133023645_001

Can I hope that MBC will invite both Soyeon and Sang woo to present an award? It could be nice to see them together on the  stage. :)

• Like 2

@larus

Hurray, i will be so excited to see the couple KSY and LSW appear as best couple nomination in MBC award, hope they will walk together on the red carpet and sit next to each other at the same table, or present the award to someone together, better still, they receive the best couple award, haha, wishful thinking :)only.

I agreed with @charray that i hope she can spend more time with LSW for dating or go overseas trip together to know each other better, rather than taking up any drama role immediately. Spend the quality time with someone you love is much better than anything at their age point since both are resting now and can afford to be together with this precious moment. Spending time together during filming (for last 6 months) not enough to know a real person habitual lifestyle and one's behaviour at home because they were always in a group during filming, not the two of them alone.

Just read the news from @AaliyaS that KSY will have new drama in 2017......although I prefer to receive their wedding news. :blush:

About the new drama, not sure if it is a comedy romance or a mysterious suspense story line....I prefer the latter one :) 

About the recent drama, if the content is about the fantasy romance story, I quite like the "legend of blue sea" and "moonlight drawn by clouds" , because it included the comedy element and the 2 parings were so compatible and filled with chemistry. :) 

For the recent hit drama "Goblin" beats the "DOTS" (is that over-hyped again??), Goblin is also a fantasy romance with comedy, I watched the latest four episodes. Frankly speaking, I am quite disappointed with the storyline : "slow peace and boring", nothing excited at all, and the male and female leads pairing wasn't attractive because of their age gap (of course I understand that was the storyline intention by the script writer). I quite like both lead actors : Gong Yoo (who acted "Train to Busan", "The Suspect", and "The Coffee Prince", and Lee Dong-Wook who acted in "Hotel King" and "My Girl") but in this drama, so far their acting was not able to lift up to a higher standard than before....I am not sure if the female lead change to KSY, what effect would that be, hahaha, just kidding,.....but I know it's impossible because the story needs a younger girl role, look like age 18,19. I am not sure if i will continue to watch this drama.....i really hope the writer can improve the plot and create climax in the story, or with conflict roles rather than the current pace are too monotonous.....otherwise the writer and director are wasting the talents of those actors....

• Like 1

Lee Joon · Kim So Yeon, KBS2 new weekend 'father is strange' confirmed [synthesis]

CR : http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000933110&gid=999339&cid=1051970

[TV report = Yiwu reporter] KBS2 new weekend drama 'father is strange' casting strand is caught. 

On the 15th, Kim Do - yeon 's agency Tree Facts announced Kim So - yeon' s appearance confirmation through the press release. Kim So - yeon 's role will be heroine Hye Young. She is a confident lawyer with both appearance and intellect, and she is the proud of her family. 

It is a human drama that tells the story of the father who lived in hiding his identity for 35 years when his father is strange, and children who are about to marry. As a male character, Lee Jun has confirmed his performance, and Jung Min is in discussion. 

Kim So-yeon and Lee Jun are scheduled to broadcast in February next year following the "Laurels tailors' gentlemen who are determined to star in the movie. 

Yiwooin reporter photos jarrje@tvreport.co.kr/ = TV report DB 

*******************************************************************************************************************************

CR : https://www.facebook.com/kimsoyeon.ssofans/

Kim So Yeon said, "I am glad to be able to play a new character soon after I left Bong Hae Ryung. This drama chose both characters and works challengingly, and I think I can learn a lot. I will do my best with acting sincerely. I would like to ask you a lot of attention. "

On the other hand, Lee Joon has confirmed his performance as a male character. And Jung So Min is in discussion. Kim Young Chul and Kim Hae Sook have been offered major supporting roles and they are considering the offers positively.

“Father is Strange” will first air February, 2017 in South Korea (takes over KBS2’s Saturday and Sunday 8PM time slot after "Laurel Tree Tailors").

Source: http://naver.me/5lbSGUiT
Trans: Sso Fanpage

@larus

If the above news is confirmed and true, then our dream comes true, KSY will act as a tough lady, heroine :) 

Something different from previous role.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If the above news is confirmed and true, then our dream comes true, KSY will act as a tough lady, heroine :)

This is the only thing that excites me right now about her being in this drama. I read about this drama yesterday but I never thought that she will have a role in it. Another weekend family drama? I read that Kim Young chul will play as well so they have  a reunion so quickly. A pairing with Lee Joon? Another noona romance? I read that Joo Jin-mo had the first offer and that`s make me so frustrated. Why he declined? I wanted to see Soyeon and Joo Jin-mo on the same project again. It is one of my dreams. :) If they would have been in the same project I had been so happy right now!!!!! I wouldn`t care about a family drama. Well.... maybe another opportunity will arise in the future. I will watch this drama for sure. It is a good news that she will be on the screen again. I am excited to see what kind of role she will have. Wishing the best for my girl.

• Like 1

Finally a new project for our actress! 

I can't wait for February.  But I am curious if she's going to have a romantic partner in this new drama as well?  Who would it be?  Lee joon? 

Lee joon is pretty good.  He was in the woman with a suitcase and he paid nicely with the much older actress.  

But I am also a little worried.  So yeon is taking another weekend drama instead of a weekday one.  Is it because she wants something not so fast paste now?  Or she's just not getting offers from the more popular time slots? 

• Like 1

@larus

I like Joo Jin-mo actor as well, but i don't think he will act in weekend family drama. Looks like its a noona drama, or triangle love drama,.....i think the main lead is only Lee Joon, will there be any other lead?

My bet is this drama will be sad story line since the above article mentioned it will be a human drama.......

@bananacad

Your analysis was good, may be there are two possibilities :

1. she's just not getting offers from the more popular time slots, or

2. she will screen check any roles that offered to her based on her preference, any similar role in the past, she may not consider...she will consider something different from the past and challenging role as her priority....

21 minutes ago, bananacad said:

But I am also a little worried.  So yeon is taking another weekend drama instead of a weekday one.  Is it because she wants something not so fast paste now?  Or she's just not getting offers from the more popular time slots?

I am worried as well. I think it is about the offers. I think she did not had any better offers but in the same time she won`t agree with a role if it is not good.  But if the drama is having challenging roles I will be happy. I am still sad that Joo Jin-mo will not be playing in this drama. Now I understand why she said that she was not sure if it is confirmed role. They originally wanted Soyeon and Joo Jin Mo pairing. (Maybe they thought that it will be a good reunion. They had a great chemistry on screen in Gabi. I did not had enough of them in that movie so a drama it would have been so great). With changing the male lead,maybe they have adapted the story. Dramabeans said that " in the original character bio, Joo Jin-mo was supposed to play a cold, proud, and sensitive celebrity who grew up in America and became a successful actor in Korea. They are not sure if "Lee Joon’s character will be adapted from the previous description or whether it’ll be scrapped for something entirely new." 

We`ll see Soyeon for another 6 months? If it is a family drama, we`ll have 50 episodes again. :phew:

23 minutes ago, bananacad said:

Lee joon is pretty good.  He was in the woman with a suitcase and he paid nicely with the much older actress.

Really? He had another noona romance on screen? I wanted to watch the drama Woman with a Suitcase for Joo jin Mo and because the heroine was a woman and thought it had an interesting plot but I did not had time. I watched Lee Joon before. It did not give me a good impression on Iris 2 (but I did not liked that drama at all) but I watched him again in Gapdong and I heard that he did good in other dramas. I am OK with this pair but I can`t imagine how Soyeon and Lee Joon will be on  screen at this point. With Sung Joon I wasn`t  worry. :phew:  I am not worried right now but I wonder.... that`s it. But that will be more challenging, I guess. :)

I can`t wait to hear more information about her role.

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon Confirmed To Join Lee Joon For New KBS Weekend Drama

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/14185528/Lee-Joon-Kim-So-Yeon.jpg

Lee Joon and Kim So Yeon have been confirmed for a new KBS drama that will follow the conclusion of “Laurel Tree Tailors.”

On December 15, Kim So Yeon’s agency, Namoo Actors, confirmed her role in the upcoming drama “Father Is Strange” (working title). She will play the female protagonist named Byun Hye Young, a lawyer who has both the looks and the brains, and is the pride of her family. The drama will portray the story of a father who finally reveals his identity after 35 years to his children who are preparing to get married. The male protagonist is confirmed to be Lee Joon and actress Jung So Min is currently under talks to join the cast as well.

“Father Is Strange” is set to air in February 2017.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/14/kim-yeon-confirmed-join-lee-joon-new-kbs-weekend-drama/

• Like 3

at her FM last month, So Yeon said that  she would like to play character with more depth, and Bong Hae Ryung gave her many oppotunities to act and express her acting skills.....  I dont remember exactly word by word but that kinda what she said.... after I heard that I knew she would choose another family drama so It wasnt suprise me when I read the news today. she seems not going to pair up with Lee Joon, there would be another man who is a prosecutor. he has  love / hate feelings for her. I think this role that original offer Jo Ji Mo but he couldn't take it because of his schedule. Anyway, KBS's weekend drama is popular, the rating always 30% and above, I trust So Yeon, she knows what she wants, dont forget Her last family drama brought her many good things, love and awards. Week days ( trending) dramas are dissapointing anyway keke

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Kim So - yeon 's role will be heroine Hye Young. She is a confident lawyer with both appearance and intellect, and she is the proud of her family. 

Hye Young is the name of her character? Easy to remember. :) She will be a lawyer? I can`t wait. Please, Dramagods, let it be good!

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Spending time together during filming (for last 6 months) not enough to know a real person habitual lifestyle and one's behaviour at home because they were always in a group during filming, not the two of them alone.

True... but it was important for a necessary step to grow their relationship. Both being so shy and introverted, they needed time to warm up so being together "unofficially" gave them the mental comfort to start on their right time. If they love each other and if they are right for each other, they will find time to spend quality time together, and work on their relationship even when they are busy. I was wondering who will start to work first. It was Sang Woo who did on a family drama after another and  now Soyeon is doing it. He will give her support.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AshleyL said:

t her FM last month, So Yeon said that  she would like to play character with more depth, and Bong Hae Ryung gave her many oppotunities to act and express her acting skills.....  I dont remember exactly word by word but that kinda what she said.... after I heard that I knew she would choose another family drama so It wasnt suprise me when I read the news today. she seems not going to pair up with Lee Joon, there would be another man who is a prosecutor. he has  love / hate feelings for her. I think this role that original offer Jo Ji Mo but he couldn't take  it because of his schedule. Anyway, KBS's weekend drama is popular, the rating always 30% and above, I trust So Yeon, she knows what she wants, dont forget Her last family drama brought her many good things, love and awards. Week days ( trending) dramas are dissapointing anyway keke

She said in the last interviews that she will want to play a strong, outgoing, outspoken character and I hope this role is like this. It makes more sense that Jung So Min is the partner for Lee Joon as we know that the family dramas have more leads. I am curious who will be Soyeon`s partner if in is true that she will be involved in another story-line. I can see for the role an actor more close in age with Soyeon.  I love the love- hate relationships in dramas. Good! Can`t wait.

• Like 3

I didn't know joo jin mo was going to be the male protagonist.  I couldn't get enough of the pair in Gabi too.  They had so much chemistry... 

Now I am a little sad about the missed opportunity...  Haha maybe Lee sang woo can take the role for a different twist :P

Edited by bananacad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bananacad said:

I didn't know joo jin mo was going to be the male protagonist.  I couldn't get enough of the pair in Gabi too.  They had so much chemistry...

Now I am a little sad about the missed opportunity...  Haha maybe Lee sang woo can take the role for a different twist :P

Yeah... tell me about it. I wish I would not know that fact. It is frustrating. My wish almost becoming true. :tears:

So far it is not clear who plays with who. A family drama has a long cast list. We`ll find out more details later. Everyone wants a Lee Joon and Jung soo Min`s pairing and I understand them. They are close in age. I think it could be possible. I think @AshleyL is right. So Yeon  could have another partner. If the family has three daughters, all of them will have a distinct story-line, I suppose.

• Like 2

There are news that both Kim So yeon and Lee Sang Woo will attend MBC Drama Awards 2016.

Lee Sang Woo said that he has another schedule in the same time but he will coordinate and attend the show. Soyeon said as well that she will attend.

(사진=MBC '가화만나성' 김소연 이상우)

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=89880

I did not see the information on the Namooactors schedule calendar but I`ve already knew she will attend.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, larus said:

There are news that both Kim So yeon and Lee Sang Woo will attend MBC Drama Awards 2016.

Lee Sang Woo said that he has another schedule in the same time but he will coordinate and attend the show. Soyeon said as well that she will attend.

(사진=MBC '가화만나성' 김소연 이상우)

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=89880

I did not see the information on the Namooactors schedule calendar but I`ve already knew she will attend.

Do you know when the award ceremony will be? 

I also just realized how awkward it would be if So yeon and Lee pil mo won best couple instead.  That must be quite a hilarious turn out.  

• Like 1

This is a family drama. I read that the main family has three daughters. I watched just one family drama so I am not an expert but from what I know, all three daughters will have a romantic interest. It is more evident that Lee joon will be paired with Jung Soo Min, who I assume will play the youngest daughter. Kim Soyeon  will play the second daughter, a lawyer.

I think Kim so yeon will be paired with Kim Sang Kyung. That makes more sense. I don`t think Lee Joon will play the role instead of Joo Jin Mo. Kim Sang Kyung is similar in age with Joo Jin Mo. It is not my dream reunion :tears: but it is still a reunion. Kim so yeon and Kim Sang Kyung played together in 2004 Human Market. She played the second lead there and she had a crush on Lee sang Kyung`s character. From unrequited love to romantic interest. It is something new for this pair. :)

From the casting news, the actor Kim Sang woo received the proposal to play in the KBS drama, but he has not even reviewed it. We have to wait who will be her costar. 
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bananacad said:

Do you know when the award ceremony will be? 

I also just realized how awkward it would be if So yeon and Lee pil mo won best couple instead.  That must be quite a hilarious turn out.  

I think the MBC Drama Awards are a day before the other broadcast shows. It will be on December 30. That`s how it was in the past events.

It will be hilarious but not going to happen. I am realistic here. The younger couples have more fans. Besides,  it is a disadvantage that she has two couple nominations. Her votes will split. I think Bong Ji was more popular and they have the advantage to be a real couple right now. I personally don`t care about couple awards. I always found them awkward. I like that in the recent years, the nominations are not just couples who were romantically involved on screen but the dynamic of two actors ( a friendship for examples or two characters that have a great interactions). This year it is the W `s Lee shi on and Kim Eui Sung.

I like that both will attend the ceremony. They will be each other`s strength as both don`t like this kind of events. :) I want to believe that regardless the awards they might receive, they want to support each other and the drama Happy Home (they were in the same project). Maybe MBC asked them to present an award. Everything is possible.

• Like 1