Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Thank Soompi for the article. Although she was not able to do what her singing teachers taught her to do, she still managed to perform well. It was OK for someone in her position. As I read in another article, she was actively pursuing her dream despite the fact that is was hard what she wanted to try. She is brave I give her that.  I think producers of that show accepted her knowing she will make a surprise. I think nobody thought that she will appear in the show (regardless the rumor... it was someone who could not keep the secret :w00t:). I was shocked when I read the rumor. :sweatingbullets:

It was funny how Jo Jang Hyuk commented that she is not a singer but she delivered the best and that he is curious who she is. :)Kim Soyeon and Jo Jang Hyuk appeared long time ago on a stage performing Change OST together. It was that unpleasant moment for Soyeon when some crazy fans of H.O.T. member Jang Woo Hyuk made big noise to upset her. Brrr...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

@larusIn fact you don't have to worry about her singing ability, I know she will put in 100% effort to pick up singing lessons before she stands on stage.....look at her dancing practice, playing boxing video games, and play bowling with siyang at WGM show. She is the competitive type when playing games. Good attitude shown : Never give up. Moreover, she had mentioned several time during interview that she wanted to experience different kinds of variety shows. To participate, she will make sure herself to put in 100% efforts no matter how......that's the lovely part of our soyeon:D

I admire Soyeon, really. She is shy but she has a force in her, a determination, that surprises us all. As we saw she is the competitive type but she is also vulnerable.  I worried less in her singing than her dancing.  She can`t dance what so ever but she still could finish that choreography on stage with a bang (with that kiss in the end). :w00t: Now, she performed well again. Her teachers chose a good song for her and she trained hard and in the end the result was positive. What I admire at Soyeon the most is that despite her lack of natural abilities (dancing skills or a good voice), she put effort and managed to overcome her disadvantages. And we know that she worked harder because of that but never gave up. I am proud of her. :) It was hard for her, adding the shyness, it could have been possible to crack on stage but she hold on till the end. I don`t think I could do that, knowing I am not good at singing to appear in front of so many people, on national television...  She challenges herself, she becomes more brave lately and I like it. In the end, just her trying is impressive but I am so happy that she did well. Fighting, Soyeon! You go, girl!  happy smiley emoticon

I remember when she moved me one time with her determination. She was in Mexico for a show It`s a Beautiful Day. How many time she had to do the salsa sauce until the restaurant owner was satisfied!!! And she did not say a word.  When she had to perform with the mariachi for a charity event and those artists were disappointed that she can` t play the guitar properly. How hurt she must have been but did not complained.  Then she trained playing the guitar until her fingertips were bleeding and still managed to perform.  She played the song "Besame mucho"... in her own charming style. Yes, I should have known that she will do it when I heard the rumor about her participation on King of Masked Singer.  :)

• Like 3

Her 2nd song is nice, a soothing song, suit her vocal. The duel robin hood certainly is a good and powerful singer, do you think is the guy wearing white T-shirt who took photo with her in IG? :)

Pls share the 2nd song title or name of original singer if anyone knows about it....or share the video link....i quite like this song....:)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Her 2nd song is nice, a soothing song, suit her vocal. The duel robin hood certainly is a good and powerful singer, do you think is the guy wearing white T-shirt who took photo with her in IG?

Do share the 2nd song title or name of original singer if anyone knows about it....or share the video link....i quite like this song....

It was an unbalanced competition. Robin Hood was very good and It was obvious that Squirrel is not a singer. :w00t: She has a clear, sweet voice that can be pleasant for the ear. I don`t think she did mistakes but her voice has not depths, can be monotone. But she has reached her goal. She was on stage at one of her favorite program. YAY!!! I really liked her second song. Her voice touched my soul. I am curious about the original singer as well. 

We`ll find out who sing that song when the episode will be translated. Maybe there are other people who can read hangul.

tumblr_odjpphXr7Y1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

the singer has ...Ya Sang Guk  in the name... ?

I found the song. It`s Bicheonmu OST, the English title of the drama is The Dance in the Sky. 

Nocturne ( Ya Sang Gok) by Park Ji Yoon

Another version

Spoiler

Listening to the original song, I think Soyeon did very well.

4 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

The duel robin hood certainly is a good and powerful singer, do you think is the guy wearing white T-shirt who took photo with her in IG? :)

No, that was one of her vocal teachers. Robin Hood identity will be revealed the next episode if he will lose the round/ or the final battle with the King Singer.

• Like 2

@larus - wow, you are fast. Thanks so much for the sharing of this beautiful song....thumbs up. :)

After hearing the original song by Kim Yoon Ah, the first impression to me was like coming from a Japanese song :w00t:, it is indeed touch our souls after hearing this beautiful song...

This singer is certainly powerful and professional as compared to KSY, but i agreed with you that Soyeon did well in the singing variety show. Her vocal style was different from the professional one, her voice was sweet while soothing, just lack of high pitch, but I still enjoyed her own vocal style of singing (may be partly is because of the piano music itself was a nice one). If given more time to practice, I am sure she can even reach to a greater height one day...:) This will mark another milestone in her life.

I always believe opportunity is given to those who have positive attitude, hard working and humble person, and Soyeon is one of them and that's why Soyeon always given opportunities to attend the variety show if she asked for it. :D

Ask for it, you will be given, if you prepare for it :)

• Like 3

I was really surprised to see her on Masked Singer episode. But I agree with you guys that I am so happy for her. She's so brave to call in and ask to perform. I wonder if it's because she's getting a lot of good encouragement from her sang woo oppa? (teehee) Anyway, just watched the full episode and despite not advancing she had a really good performance. Can't wait to see more from her!! Perhaps maybe they'll invite both her and Lee sang woo to running man? 

• Like 3

kkkkk, she never fail to surprise us.  I think if I've watched the show live, i could have easily recognized her voice. Her voice is soooo So Yeon totally girly and fragile. I am so happy that our girl has done something she wanted to do for a long time. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Since I was kinda having BongJi withdrawal time, It was great seeing her. :wub:

i wonder what her next surprise would be. :phew:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SomeBerry said:

kkkkk, she never fail to surprise us.  I think if I've watched the show live, i could have easily recognized her voice. Her voice is soooo So Yeon totally girly and fragile. I am so happy that our girl has done something she wanted to do for a long time. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time. Since I was kinda having BongJi withdrawal time, It was great seeing her. :wub:

i wonder what her next surprise would be. :phew:

Glad to hear from you again.  Hope life has been treating you well :):)

We hope that their new project coming out soon. Let's wait and see. 

@bananacad

Hope they will attend together : happy together variety show or running man show like you said.  I bet they will get teased by the host of the show  :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Glad to hear from you again.  Hope life has been treating you well :):)

We hope that their new project coming out soon. Let's wait and see. 

Glad to see your respond too. I've been kinda busy lately. :) But I always manage to lurk around here, kkkk. 

I will gladly share how I got hooked up here on KSY unni's page and other stuff later on as you've asked ages ago. I apologize my looooong delay. 

Have a good one ladies. :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bananacad said:

Can't wait to see more from her!! Perhaps maybe they'll invite both her and Lee sang woo to running man? 

I would love to see more of her. We`ll have to see her new pictorial but I want to see a new drama. It is not the first time I heard people say that they want her to appear on Running Man. It is not a program where guests need to do physical challenges?  Poor Soyeon! After I saw her really struggling on Real Men with the physical training, I think I will pass seeing her struggling again. But knowing her competitive nature, she sure will try her best. I prefer to see her on dramas or movies though.

7 hours ago, SomeBerry said:

I think if I've watched the show live, i could have easily recognized her voice.

It was easier to recognize it but her fans are familiar with her voice. Other people could not guessed who was the cute Squirrel. :P

6 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Hope they will attend together : happy together variety show or running man show like you said.  I bet they will get teased by the host of the show  :)

I don`t think they will attend together on many programs. I really doubt they will appear together even on the red carpet but who knows, maybe they will surprise us. I think the high chances will be on MBC Drama Award if they both will be there. Because they were on the same show, maybe MBC will invite them to present an award or they will win the couple award (I think some young idol parings have better chance to win this kind of award anyway). Presenting an award will be the best solution. Let`s trust MBC. They will not lose the chance. :w00t: (but... LSW doesn`t like this kind of events. Too much exposure :D).

• Like 2

The episode 77 of king of Masked Singer has translations. Here is the whole episode or only Soyeon`s cut on Sso fan page .

One panelist said that although she did not sing with emphasis, she has a very good pronunciation, she pronounced the lyrics with ease. He compared her with a famous hosting radio star. I agree about that. We know that Soyeon has this talent. She loves to work on radio.

They thought she could be an announcer. One for the radio and the other for the weather program. :D

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo3_r1_540.png

I really want to see her on TV as an announcer one time. I saw that sometimes there are some actors who made a surprise and be an announcer for some occasions. Soyeon could be very good. Yes, I really want to see her in her element more than a variety show where her lack of physical strength could be an disadvantage for her.  It is hard to appear live to be an announcer for the news or weather and i think it will be a challenge for Soyeon but she would be great at that.

Other compliments...

...she sings very softly like a feather. It felt like the first love giving off the smell of fresh soap. And he was funny in the end saying...

.. tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo4_r1_540.png

I notice from other previous episodes that this panelists (I don`t remember his name although the other members are naming him quite often) is a sensitive guy, who is moved easily. No wonder he sensed Soyeon`s gentleness.  

He said in the end after they found out who she is....

Spoiler

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrhykSsAE1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

I loved how all the judges had nice words for her. They realized very well that she is not a professional singer but they recognized her qualities as a person very well. I love what they said. Yes, it not always the technique that counts. Music has to open hearts too. Her music teachers chose a very good song for her.  Seeing her performed, I sensed her innocence and softness. She is humble, has a warm heart. Not only that I would want to share some peanuts with  this cute squirrel but I would have wanted to hug her too. :w00t:

Spoiler

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo3_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo4_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo5_540.png

Yeah.. her warmth, politeness and kind heart are her best strengths. :D

I loved how she said in the end, that her family are fans of that program and that she did not tell them that she will appear on TV.

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

:D Yes, I can imagine they will do that. I would have cheered the whole time too watching her on that program. :w00t: Nice surprise, Soyeon!

What we said about this appearance. We think alike.

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

tumblr_odrk3wJeZG1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

You deserved it, girl!

• Like 3

My favorite picture from the pictorial.

tumblr_odrh1kiaHK1sdd1ivo5_540.jpg

I wish I saw her with the whole motorcycle. She is wearing black leather pants. I love it.  They drew a little tattoo too? :D I see a short interview as well.

Dare You to Move?!!! No-one is moving until we see all the pictures. :D

• Like 3

The first song Robin Hood and Squirrel/ Chipmunk sang in duet...

Lee Won-jin: For Couples Just Starting (a Relationship) duet with Ryu Keum-deok (1994) . It is a song from the year of her debut, and another coincidence... she just started a romantic relationship.   :D What a cute song!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

My favorite picture from the pictorial.

tumblr_odrh1kiaHK1sdd1ivo5_540.jpg

I wish I saw her with the whole motorcycle. She is wearing black leather pants. I love it.  They drew a little tattoo too? :D I see a short interview as well.

Dare You to Move?!!! No-one is moving until we see all the pictures. :D

This is my favourite picture too.  Actually,  I was curious about the tattoo,  sso. Fanpage says it reads 'do what you love'.  I was wondering was the tattoo done just for the photoshoot or is that so yeon's real tattoo?  Phrase sounds like something she would say.  Regarding this photo.  I really like it,  but I think the makeup doesn't suite ksy that we'll.  She's a naturally sexy lady,  but the makeup kinda makes her eyes smaller or not that sharp.  Just my personal opinion.  

I am so excited for all this coverage on my favourite actress.  Hope I'll see more coming! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bananacad said:

This is my favourite picture too.  Actually,  I was curious about the tattoo,  sso. Fanpage says it reads 'do what you love'.  I was wondering was the tattoo done just for the photoshoot or is that so yeon's real tattoo?  Phrase sounds like something she would say.  Regarding this photo.  I really like it,  but I think the makeup doesn't suite ksy that we'll.  She's a naturally sexy lady,  but the makeup kinda makes her eyes smaller or not that sharp.  Just my personal opinion.  

I am not an expert in make up but I think this smokey eyes that I see used on Soyeon quite often in pictorials is very suited for this kind of photo-shoots. For me it doesn` t make her yes smaller, au contraire it gives sensuality and mystery. But there are lot of possibilities to do this smokey eye make up, can be classic or dramatic. Sometimes the make up artist makes a more dramatic one for Soyeon and I agree that the effect is not my favorite all the time. I like that picture more because they use a pink lipstick and balances the colors, it makes her features more soft. She already has sharp features. When they use a dramatic color for lipstick too and a very dramatic make up for the eyes it can be too much. But this look is not every day make up. Sometimes they want this dramatic look to accentuate an idea, a theme. It can be an art.  They use a similar make up for Cosmopolitan 2014 (the career woman photo-shoot), for Vogue 2012 (with Joo Jin Moo),  Arena Homme Plus pictorial in 2012,  to think of some of a dramatic make up fro her. I do prefer a more natural look as well. That`s why I would want a soft concept for her next time. I love when they go outside the classic fix image of a strong, sophisticated woman. She can be the girl next door too. :D

The tattoo is 100% temporary.  BTW I can`t imagine her getting a tattoo. :w00t:

• Like 3

@larus @bananacad

Her make up on smoky eyes is based on the theme of the magazine usually called for pictorial purpose. Seems like sexy look always tie with smoky eyes.  

I like her best photo in the romance garden released on 2015 July. I think this is the most suitable for her , with her natural beauty,  warmth and innocent look (close to her character),  similar to the one in happy home outdoor wedding day shooting for bongji couple.  The difference is romance garden taken was only she alone while happy home was with LSW and also came with passionate love :w00t:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Her make up on smoky eyes is based on the theme of the magazine usually called for pictorial purpose. Seems like sexy look always tie with smoky eyes.  

I like her best photo in the romance garden released on 2015 July. I think this is the most suitable for her , with her natural beauty,  warmth and innocent look (close to her character),  similar to the one in happy home outdoor wedding day shooting for bongji couple.  The difference is romance garden taken was only she alone while happy home was with LSW and also came with passionate love :w00t:

I loved the last photoshoot but I will still expect to see a fantastic pictorial in the future.  Speaking of a favorite pictorial... there are so many.... I don`t think I can chose just one.

I love the old pictorial on a exotic environment in Guam Island. I want to see another similar pictorial.

Here are some pictures. And the pictorial with wedding dresses. I am waiting for another one as well. :D Speaking of wedding dress pictures,  I did a video with Soyeon wearing wedding dresses but I did not release it yet. I finished it before the news of her relationship but I don`t know what I am waiting for. Maybe for some free time.

Truly, she did so many good pictorials . I can`t get enough of them. I think I will admire them once again.:P I can`t wait to see the future photo-shoots.

• Like 4

In the Interview from Instyle October issue, this was what Sso talked about her boyfriend Lee Sang Woo:

"People around were saying a lot of nice words (to us), I'm really thankful. Actually, even in my dreams I would not think of showing the public my love. Lee Sang Woo ssi is trully a sincere and quiet person. It seems I had a thought that if I'm with him, it would be fine our relationship is open to the public. Filming the second part of "Happy Home" was really hard, in fact being beside him, just his existence alone could give me strength. Actually, we are still at the early stage, so we should be especially careful."

credit: https://www.facebook.com/kimsoyeon.ssofans/

• Like 3