Philip Lee 이필립

dr25

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still need to watch him in The Legend and Story Of A Man. I was away from Kdrama for a long time since 2009 through BOF and finally became addicted to it again in late 2011 through 49 Days & City Hunter. So the first time I saw him was in Secret Garden in early 2012 and I fell in love w/ his role in there.. that's why I watch Faith because of him.. lol.. So how did you all come to know about Philip?

@elizabeth There was a pause for me too, but my comeback to Korean dramas was with Sorry I Love You :( What a tragedy :(( I watched it two years ago.

My first glance at Philip was in Secret Garden also. I finished it like 7 months ago. I had Faith on my watching list mainly for him but also for Kim because the very first drama I watched was Sad Love Song.

When did I become a fan of his character in Secret Garden?
Don't know really :P It happened without me noticing.
I've never called myself a fan of someone( though I'm familiar with Indian, Arabic, Western, along with Asian dramas/movies). Everyone has the good looks, acting, and manners. Philip caught me for being an I-have-a-dream kinda person on top of all these. _
49 Days is another great drama. My advice, if you liked it, then, you'll like Story of a Man. Leave Legend aside XD
You can read Dramabeans recaps after every ep in order to fully appreciate the drama.

This is one long post for you to read :D Sorry

class="post-title"Philip Lee Loves Soju As Much As He Does Wine

Philip Lee who stars in the epic fantasy Faith as Jang Bin, but better known to us through Secret Garden, loves drinking wine. Some say because of his rich background and former experience as a business manager, wine fits him better than soju. However, Philip says he loves soju as much as he does wine. The first time he started drinking wine was when he was in high school, and since then, he’s been a big lover of wine.

Published on October 23, 2012 (The latest he made before the surgery)

The original interview for InStyle

1362021440711.jpg
1362021440822.jpg

1362021440883.jpg

1362021440934.jpg
1362021440995.jpg

Sole Photographs 

1362021441066.jpg

1362021441288.jpg

cr: Dramafever + Phil's official website

akanelee said:
>>>OMG I am so sorry I havent been here in ages, been busy with school and work. Anyway, as everyone of you does, I miss Philip Lee!
Oh yes, dear you can do whatever you want with the English site. I could use all the help i can get with the updates. Do you have a wordpress acount? If you do, just let me know (here of thru private message) what your username is and then I can add you and give you website author access ;)
I promise i will check back here everyday so i can see if you have replied. ;D
I hope our man is doing well and that he will have a new project soon! ;)

Guest akanelee

^^ dr25, my bad I was frantically posting last night i didn't notice the comments ;D 
Read it just now. Hey, I think you can log on to Wordpress if you already have an existing Facebook or Google account, and you will just have to create a new username. I was pleasantly surprised that coming back here last night, many fans have already posted, and the main page has been updated as well. ;)
Wonderful job on that, too. ;)

@akanelee Happy that we pleased a fellow fan :)>-
I'll see about the Wordpress account and let ya know as soon as my problem fixed.

Ahem...a serious question now: in which role you wanna see Philip next time? I've been telling @elizabeth & @Donatella Pedro Zae that he should play an athlete but they just won't agree :(( I was outnumbered :( PLz say you are on my side :D

1362239276971.jpg

1362239277012.jpg
See how nice he looks running ..see how good he looks wearing a short and a hat..HE SHOULD PLAY AN ATHLETE!

BTW I'm a college student so I know how bothering and stressful it can get and you have work too. Real life comes first. Plus, we are Philip Lee fans; we should all be superb learners as he is  (we shall unleash the nerd inside each one of us) :P All in all, thanks for giving part of your time to be here.

Credit: DC

Edit:
Problem fixed check your PM. I'm managing Philip's Viki fan channel. If you give me your Viki username (you can sign in with your FB account too) I can give you a manager or a moderator's pass. It's all I can do as a thank you :)

Guest akanelee

@dr25 you only wanted Philip Lee for his gorgeous body, don't you? >:) can't balme you though. :x  hehehehe
first of all, I want to see him in a role where he finally gets the girl! Seriously! :D
Second, I would like a role that has a bit of wild / mean streak in the character. Something that's not exactly villain-ish, but still has a side that makes it more complex and interesting.
In that case - yes, I think something like an athlete with certain issues he had to deal with (like measuring up to an idol, or a father/brother who have previously achieved so much in the same discipline or sport. Or someone who is being the family/rebel by getting in a certain sport. How about race car driving? ;)) would be nice. I think he should stay away from those CEO/prince/all-around-good guy roles unless the characters are written in a very interesting way. (Not just the usual arrogant / has some personality disorder / a family secret issue)
Hmm, I want to see him in a dorky role also. Something like a genius who is awkward, has a horrible fashion sense, get's tongue-tied in front of girls, really really shy but super funny and smart and has a good heart. And then something happens and he gets a makeover and then va-va-voom oohlala Philip gets unleashed. LOL sorry I got carried away there.
So, yeah, that's what I would love to see.  :)

@dr25, don't get me wrong I think he suits any role and as an athlete he looooks great too... I just want to see him in a rom/com where he can show off his goofiness too.. LOL!!  How about an athlete rom/com mixed in together where we can both laugh and still enjoy his hot body while playing sports??

@akanelee
  =)) You cracked me up big time. This is just off the top of your mind OMO  :-O OMO

On one hand, Indeed he should get the girl. They should stop breaking his heart every time >:P

I suggested that he does fencing. Not merely for the physique as you guessed ;)) but also to get to hear his jaw-dropping English. The car racing sounds promising :\"> ( he'll shake his wet hair when getting off the car, *_*, then go to take a shower after racing) Ok..I agree. Car racing it is :))

Leaving the shallow me aside, a complex not fully evil character would be a challenge and a good proof of his still-not-fully-used talent.
The shy nerd with social phobia is also good in showing another side of him than the ones we've already seen.

On the other hand, putting in mind how picky our man is, even if we lived forever, I doubt he'll play all of these. Won't raise my hopes. One of them is enough :((

Edit:
elizabeth said: @dr25, don't get me wrong I think he suits any role and as an athlete he looooks great too... I just want to see him in a rom/com where he can show off his goofiness too.. LOL!!  How about an athlete rom/com mixed in together where we can both laugh and still enjoy his hot body while playing sports??

Faith fanarts:

This is by far the cutest fanart ever *_*  

1362418219725.png
Awww! It's even the same eye(the right) Phil had injured.

Asian Doctor Phil :P
1362418219212.jpg

;))

1362418219493.jpg

I don't know who did this nor I could have access to the page in which it was originally posted. Got it via picture search. Thank ya whoever did this.

1362418219664.jpg

cr: Faith Baidu Bar+ to owners+as tagged 

Here is a treasure of more than 55 video of BTS "A Man's Story"  I'll post a few and you can go explore the rest.

In this vid, minute 3:16 , Phil is practicing for his fighting scene 
* Dances with EXCITEMENT*

The scene with the English lines that brought many head over heels. He's receiving acting tips from sompai Jang Hangseon

This one is just a joy to watch =))  It's too crowded in the elevator Phil didn't know where to go

One thing I keep noticing...our Philip is so cheerful BTCs, I think he chooses serious characters to portray because it's the only  way he's acting. Dunno if I make sense but if you're a cheerful person and you play the role of a cheerful character, then, you're not acting, you're just being yourself. Maybe that's why he likes plying serious characters.
I'm over thinking things again :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akanelee

@dr25
Girl I get your point. Our man picks characters that are different from what he normally is in real life because that's where the challenge is, that's where he gets to flex those mucles - I mean hone those acting chops. :x
(hey, could you blame a girl for thinking 'muscles' - I was just watching that shower scene in SeGa)

:-*

• 2 weeks later...

Morning!

1365073572741.gif
Good news! Finally! Update from Philip Lee's Manager
The update was freshly posted to Phil's official website;2013/04/04. Here is the full text followed by my very rough translation based on 6 different translations from Mr. &Mrs. Google, Bing, along with their not very nice daughter Babylon tool:

"매니저입니다."

안녕하세요

요즘 날씨가 짱이네요.

하지만 기온차가 심하니 감기조심!!

요즘 필립형 근항이 궁금하신분들이 많을텐데.

필립형 눈부상의 심각도가 커서 계속 힐링중에 있습니다.

복시 가 심한가운대 좋은작품 캐스팅도 많이 들어 왔지만.

매번 다음을 기약해야했쬬..

빨리 나아서 더 성숙한모습으로 찾아뵙고싶습니다.

아프지들 마시고 항상 건강하십시요

건강이 최고입니다.!!!

Translation:
The title says:Manager.
Hello

(then two lines about the how nice the
weather is, plz be carful not to catch cold and so on)

Those days many people have been writing; wondering about Philip-hung's condition.

His healing process is continuing finely from 
Diplopia (aka double vision)[ T_T  :(:(( :(( My poor maaaaaaaaaaan]

(I think the manager is promising that Philip is gonna make an appearance as soon as he's in a better condition)

His health is in its best!!

To be safe, here are the English translations of the Korean text from which I came up with my rough translation. I don't speak Korean but I've studied  translation and I can read hangul. Hence, I know the techniques to find my way around a Korean text but again I don't wanna risk harming Philip by publishing false news so here is the whole thing.

Bing translation:
Manager.
Hello

These days, when the weather is nice.

But watch out for a deep and cold lows!!

These days, Philippe Hein, the term would be curious as to their identity.

Philip mould, the cursor still healing severe eye injuries.

Diplopia is severe for a lot of good work for a fortune has been cast.

Every time I had to pledge the following: pref. ..

As a more mature look to get better soon.

Please always drink them and ill health

Health is the best.!!!
Google translation:
Manager.

Hello

The weather lately-chan's a

Be careful not to catch a cold, but the air temperature simhani!

Many people nowadays the Philipbrother muscle paragraph wondering if you would.

Cursor to the severity of eye injuries in Philip during healing.

Diplopia cast severe undae good works, but degree For many.

Pledged each following haetjjyo ..

As soon as you're feeling better, I'd like to see you for a more mature look.

Healthyou need always hurt Trust drink

Health is the best!

Babylon
translation:

Manager. Hello The weather is "zzang these days. However, the temperature; and a cold! Philip Hyeong-geun, these days, as I wonder Molto traffico. His brother Philip severity of the injury eyes big to keep the healing process. BOK, where the gown Chinese Taipei, casting more by many people have been. Each time the following the 쬬 was too weak to. get more mature and bow before his, I would like to. They have always drink, and health information Health is best.!!!

OMG, OMG! I was happy when I saw the update on his website but now that I know what it says.....I dunno what to feel. Sure I'm happy hearing from him after 5 months of absence and getting that promise of a soon appearance. So he'll probably be endorsing for some brand soon then we'll see his new project but "Diplopia" My heart! OMO OMO!

OMO! @elizabeth

1365496413135.gif

136568166571.jpg
As far as I read in a Thai site, it's taken on a vacation in Hawaii. I think it's before he became an actor but... I'm not sure it sounds a bit fake for me.

tumblr_tiffany-fangirling-gif.11935

I'll add my two cents too

:\"> :>

1365496413238.jpg

I literally wandered around the net for an HD version of this pic till I found one..on Men'sHealth's website..

And I found this on Tumblr too

136549641327.gif

tumblr_m33todorsF1r6qmej.gif

Enough for not to kill any passerby or anything =)) I can't handle more of this.

A better translation of Philiee's update:

Hello!

The weather is good recently.However, be careful not to catch cold because there is a big difference in the temperature between day and night.

There are many people caring about Philip’s present condition.
Philip’s eye has suffered severe injury, and is healing sequentially during this period.
Double vision was serious, but a lot of good works are coming for him.
In order to recover quickly, he was prohibited alcohol drinking.
He wants to be cured soon so that he could come back earlier with more mature figure.

Health is the best!!!

From Philip’s Agent 2013.04.04

Usually celebs would hide the nature of whatever health problems they have but uri Phil didn't. He cared enough to involve us in what's going on with him. :x

1366112857321.jpg

"a lot of good works are coming for him." I'm anticipating much from this statement :D PLZ God make it a lead role for these L-) beautiful pair of eyes with this warm smile above [-O<

CR: The Taiwan fanclub translation

Archived