Philip Lee 이필립

dr25

@plummblossom
Ahem....and I went on and on
:p

You know...I wondered about the same thing before. How did they recieve their son's decision at start? In an interview I read,

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/523277-many-interesting-facts-that-never-been-known-about-phillip-lee/

Philip said everyone was teasing him about becoming an actor without knowing how to even speak Korean ;))
He said "they thought I'm crazy"
Poor thing :))

In another interview he mentioned how supportive his family are. How his father will support whatever decision he'll make regardless.

What his father and the rest of his family have to say now after 6 years of becoming an actor is what got me curious so I made some research..

In 2012 his father was awarded the achievement award from GWU. I read his acceptance speech. Phill was mentioned :D
http://www.stginc.com/index.cfm/downloads/public?filename=9c1c1

One thing is for sure, Philee's father has the absolute right to be proud of such gorgeous, intelligent son! I wish I can meet his parents to thank them for bringing such an amazing being to the world. I personally respected him waaaaay before I liked him, not that I didn't at start but before I become an official Philee :D

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest plummblossom

@dr25
Thank you for the article on Philip and the speech given by his Father.So interesting:)

Yes,a very supportive family all in all and not only high achievers,but good people who give back more to the community then they get.
I,too, would love to meet Philee's family,but a long Spring evening's dinner with the actor himself spent picking his brain would be terrific. There is so much
confidence and talent there. And he is gorgeous:x  I admire the fact that he took all that time and effort to not only get a degree but also start a business before he pursued his passion. Though he clearly doesn't have to worry about being successful as an actor,there is always his education to fall back on.
Oh, and *swoon*.

:))

@plummblossom

:)) The furtherst I got in my fantasies of meeting him is at a signing event to tell him how much I admire him. Spring evening's dinner! :)) boy I should aim higher ;))

He doesn't have to worry anout his career as an actor true, sttill, I have the impression of him dealing with acting the way a perfectionist businessman does. Think about it..how come an actor who has only 4 projects without being a lead in any of them be, relatively, well known as he is now? It's because, as I assume, he studies acting in KDrama land the same way he would study any business project. He knows exactly in what he should involve himself and with whom in order to add to his career(Quality then quantity kinda thing) I think- ok I wish that his plan is to form a fine fanbase this way then get himself a leading role.

[-O<

Guest plummblossom

@dr25
I totally agree. He has a fine mind and no doubt an analytical one.  ( And it's encased in such a well, ahem...)  He doesn't seem to have been brought up to run helter skelter,but instead is pinpointing what would showcase his talents. The cliche : Work smarter,not harder".  Yes, very insightful,dr.25.
He definitely deserves a leading role;this would increase his fanbase which would undoubtedly lead to more starring roles.

A close acquaintance of mine also graduated from GWU a few years back. I'll ask her when I see her in two weeks if she attended Mr. Lee's speech.

Guest plummblossom

@dr25  I'll call her tomorrow.:)  During office hours. I'm curious.too:) I'm pretty sure she graduated before the Lee Family did,tho.

Guest plummblossom

@dr25
Dr.Sullivan, my close acquaintance graduated several years before the Lee Family. She also did not attend Simon Lee's 2012 speech.:)

Guest plummblossom

@dr25
There is always a glimmer of hope. The speech does say that Simon Lee is also working with Korea to better international relations with GWU. There may be more on the Korean side to stalk than on the US. :-B  Well, at least this time. His million dollar donation towards this goal may have had more of an impact in Korea, where his son is.

@plummblossom Funny how we're looking for the father to get to the son ;))

I think we should expect a comeback soon :x and maybe a vid on his birthday which is 25 days away :D

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! WE GET TO SEE PHILIP!

viewimage.php?id=leephilip&no=29bcc427b6

I cant believe I've been waiting for almost 5 months to see this man fine and well and I'm actually seeing him now! :x  Dear @Donatella Pedro Zae @plummblossom @elizabeth @akanelee you need to see this! He looks perfectly fine and healthy. Why wearing the same suit he wore for Faith press conference? Good thing he did so that we can easily spot him :x  

These pics were taken on 2013/5/8 (It may be the 2nd of May I'm not sure) on Mr. Simon Lee's conferment of a honorary doctoral degree from Korea university.

ArticleFile.do?id=859943

ArticleFile.do?id=859946

Vids of the event:

Cr: DC Gallery

Guest chibiottoman

My reaction when I saw his name and photo -> "wait I know this guy! "
One of the rare Korean long haired actors. I was sad when he died in Faith. He was one of my favorite characters there.

Archived