[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Guest Happy_Day

PS: This Is The Return of Iljimae thread and i think it would be wise if you discuss only about The Return of Iljimae-NOT your preferences toward Iljimae SBS and claim their cast to be the best cast of Iljimae..Thx 4 your kindly attention..

Are you talking to me? If you are, you're being hypocritical because I basically said the same thing you did - that people shouldn't compare the two, at least not too much. I wrote my comment based on my frustration that people seemed to be undermining the quality of LJK's Iljimae, and I said the two are different and shouldn't be compared. If your anger is over my saying that LJK will always be the Iljimae to me, yes I think LJK's Iljimae is the best so far as it has been portrayed in drama history: but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after I watch this one.

It wasn't my "preference" of anything, and I never "claimed their cast to be the best." I'm looking forward to this Iljimae as well, and why should you monitor anything I say? It would be nice if you put your kindly attention on what I was actually trying to say.

LJK or JIW it doesn't matter...as long as it is...

IL JI MAE > hong gil dong!!!!! :P

:unsure: i have feeling i might start a historical character war with that statement ehehhehe :sweatingbullets:

IL JI MAE OVER HGD ANYDAY!!!! MUAHAHHAHA :lol::sweatingbullets::P

Are you talking to me? If you are, you're being hypocritical because I basically said the same thing you did - that people shouldn't compare the two, at least not too much. I wrote my comment based on my frustration that people seemed to be undermining the quality of LJK's Iljimae, and I said the two are different and shouldn't be compared. If your anger is over my saying that LJK will always be the Iljimae to me, yes I think LJK's Iljimae is the best so far as it has been portrayed in drama history: but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after I watch this one.

It wasn't my "preference" of anything, and I never "claimed their cast to be the best." I'm looking forward to this Iljimae as well, and why should you monitor anything I say? It would be nice if you put your kindly attention on what I was actually trying to say.

I wrote the PS for everybody who comes to this thread so that we can focus discussing The Return of Iljimae...

And of course, i ask everybody to support The Return of Iljimae..

If you felt that the PS that i wrote before was dedicated only for you, then you're misunderstood..

LJK or JIW it doesn't matter...as long as it is...

IL JI MAE > hong gil dong!!!!! :P

:unsure: i have feeling i might start a historical character war with that statement ehehhehe :sweatingbullets:

IL JI MAE OVER HGD ANYDAY!!!! MUAHAHHAHA :lol::sweatingbullets::P

I support The Return of Iljimae just like i supported Iljimae SBS and Hong Gil Dong KBS long time ago..

I love Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong, they are the best historical characters that i like very much... ;)

Guest angel_cutie

i dont think i want to watch another version @.@

theres so many hahah japanese comic.lee jun ki..lalalaa

so confusing and i think i will put down this one cuz i like lee jun ki's acting..

what im really worried about is..people not liking this version and then they stop watching it...

tehn there would be a financial crisis right?

i dont think i want to watch another version @.@

theres so many hahah japanese comic.lee jun ki..lalalaa

so confusing and i think i will put down this one cuz i like lee jun ki's acting..

what im really worried about is..people not liking this version and then they stop watching it...

tehn there would be a financial crisis right?

well it's your choice...

i'm all about the story more than the actor to be honest, because i really love the comic book...

if i'm not mistaken MBC's Return of Iljimae is the original iljimae creator yes?? and SBS's version of iljmae was made by a japanese writer, if i'm wrong i hope somebody corrects me :lol: but all in all im really lookin forward to this version...if what they say it's true...that this version will be a more "serious and darker" iljimae then i can't wait.

I'm so tired hearing bad comments about this drama.. :sweatingbullets:

I guess we should end the topic about another iljimae version and their cast in this thread...

Let's end it here guys...No more judging to this or that drama is better one another, please..

I guess this is the best way..So there will be no more misunderstanding..:)

I'd love to see the "real" iljimae story..I support The Return of Iljimae..Aja aja Hwaiting!!!

well it's your choice...

i'm all about the story more than the actor to be honest, because i really love the comic book...

if i'm not mistaken MBC's Return of Iljimae is the original iljimae creator yes?? and SBS's version of iljmae was made by a japanese writer, if i'm wrong i hope somebody corrects me :lol: but all in all im really lookin forward to this version...if what they say it's true...that this version will be a more "serious and darker" iljimae then i can't wait.

2uss: do you have the link to iljimae's comic website-with english text? I really want to read the comic..

2uss: do you have the link to iljimae's comic website-with english text? I really want to read the comic..

hi ilwoo_aein,

to be honest i got my comic book from a korean market store, it's like your safeway/albertsons (here in the states) but bigger and they sell everything korean, from music to dramas and books. i'm learning to read korean character writings but mostly a friend translate it for me as i was learning. if i don't come across a website with the comic book translated i'll make it myself and post the link here heheeeh :sweatingbullets: , i'm still waiting on my new computer so everything can be done faster and i can work more productively.

but to give you a sense of the comic book i got this tid bits of info for everyone (miahn neh, if this was posted earlier in the thread):

"Il Ji Mae" (pronounced il chi meh)

231b-image-Large.jpg

Author: Go U-yeong (Ko WooYoung)

Illustrator: Go U-yeong

080711_p14_retrospective1.jpg

Publisher: Anibooks Publisher

Pub. Date: July 2004 (originally published from 1975-1977)

Format: 224 X 176 mm

Paperback: 176 pages

--------------------------------------------

"Iljimae" is the first complete version of a comic series by Go U-yeong that had been published in a local sports newspaper from 1975 to 1977. The story line is familiar to every child. A chivalrous bandit during the Joseon Dynasty robs corrupt government officials to feed the poor. Iljime, the hero, leaves a wooden branch from a plum tree at the site of each robbery to take responsibility for the robberies and to protect others. Indeed, the book has a timeless quality even though the original comic series was written 30 years ago. The dialogue, characters, and the author's style creates stories that are more than a superficial story about a hero and his struggle with good and evil. The characters' exaggerated personalities and the humor of their situations save the story from falling into a didactic tale of morality or commentary on social conflict. This work is considered an excellent example of social parody. Go was a veteran Korean cartoonist who broke with social conventions in his story. He also is known for using characters and stories from ancient folk tales or novels as metaphors for contemporary Korean society.

sample page:

231b-attach-7.jpg

*source: http://www.seoulselection.com/weekly_book_...ew.html?bid=231

Guest jalan-jalan

Hello everyone.

I am looking forward to see this drama since it is based on the comic book.

I havent heard of any of these actors, (sorry to the their respective fans) but I have high hopes for this one since MBC have been pretty consistent in coming out with these sort of dramas.

If I'm not mistaken its called saeguk dramas right?

More From The Return of Iljimae

December 22nd, 2008 // by javabeans

the_return_of_iljimae_p02.jpg

We’ve already seen one (gorgeous) promo poster for The Return of Iljimae, but with the premiere now imminent, we have a few more. Like the one before it, these new offerings also have that vaguely dreamlike, Final Fantasy-esque quality to it.

Of course, the challenge comes in translating that quality into the series proper. The drama has taken its time preparing, and has already filmed a good percentage of its episodes. Hopefully that attention, and the leadership of director Hwang In-roi and his Eight Peaks production company, won’t disappoint when the drama airs in January on MBC, following General Hospital 2. (And if it does, well, there’s always that other Iljimae.)

via:newsen

2uss: oh, i see..I wish i could read the comic :rolleyes: Oh, may i ask you?

Does the Iljimae comic has funny stories inside of it?

So you do learn korean language/hangeul too? Same like me then..;) I know how to read hangeul but when the article seems to be very difficult to understand, sometimes i still need someone helping me to translate it..:)

jalan-jalan: you're right..it's called saeguk drama..Most people know it as period drama..

Yes, please support The Return of Iljimae..As time goes by, if you like the story, you will also like the actors ;)

ooooo :blink: from those gifs it seems that iljimae will be openly confrontational in his public/natural/street clothings not just with his iljimae suit...interesting!! i'm liking it so far :w00t:

komahwohyo for the gifs...keep them coming ilwoo_aein

thanks for the updates everyone, i just hope jung ilwoo can deliver his lines (from what i've seen, younger gen. actors don't seem so fluid with old korean - not that i can deliver it any better lol - but when it sounds awkward kinda reduces the impact of the story).

Archived