[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Production Forces Overworked Jung Il Woo To Rest

December 24th, 2008 // by javabeans

return_4.jpg

Aie, it is as I feared. Jung Il-woo has temporarily suspended filming for his role heading the new MBC drama The Return of Iljimae due to health issues. Filming halted on the 23rd, and production aims to resume after Christmas.

It did seem as though Jung was pushing himself too hard given accounts of concerned staff and management. Recently, he had been suffering from a severe flu, the effects of which intensified with overwork. The producers had told Jung to rest, but Jung merely took Ringer’s solution injections (which appears to be similar to an IV drip) and continued working.

A production rep explained Jung’s commitment to his role, saying, “Jung Il-woo has expressed his desire to show a different side to himself through The Return of Iljimae. He pushes himself to rehearse even on days he doesn’t shoot, and he hasn’t been looking after his body, focusing solely on the drama. On the 23rd, he had difficulty even standing up and it was obvious his condition was not good, so we shut down filming and told him to go home.”

The drama is estimated to be 60% completed with filming. Despite the brief shut-down of production, Jung’s condition shouldn’t affect the drama’s start date, which will be mid-January.

You know you’ve pushed yourself too far when the production is the one telling its lead actor to take it easy. We know you’ve got a lot to prove with your first serious leading role, but take care of yourself, dude.

Via Hankook Ilbo

:unsure:

get some rest IWsshi...

this is almost the same as the situation with LDH's health condition :tears: with over-working and fatigue

Production Forces Overworked Jung Il Woo To Rest

December 24th, 2008 // by javabeans

THX 4 the news ,, ilwoo_aein

Ilwoo Piz take care urself more . I'm always support U^^ .. fighting !!

Guest White Star

i hope he get well soon. and spend some quality time with family during the holiday.

Merry Christmas everyone

to those who want to support the series

2j47l12.jpg

2ngg6xz.jpg

fk6vib.jpg

+WS+

speaking of kissing scenes...

Hwang InRoe, the director of Goong, allowed the kissing scene of JJH and YEH to be that passionate...hopefully the love story also would be very passionate in this version...and maybe the kissing scenes too and make it more memorable for us the viewers...let this version of iljimae GET SPICY!!!! :lol:

OH NOOOO!!!! :tears:

It seems that The Return Of Iljimae has to postpone its premiere date once again.. :sweatingbullets:

I read the news on MBC's website..It's going back to D-25..

The premiere date will be on January 21st '2009..

Maybe this postponement happens due to Il Woo's condition..I hope he gets better soon...

any news if ROI already have their OST completed??... :blink:

i hope that the music will be really good :sweatingbullets:

I haven't heard any news about the OST either...

Same like you, i wish the OST would be great and help this miniseries to get 'its soul'...

OH NOOOO!!!! :tears:

It seems that The Return Of Iljimae has to postpone its premiere date once again.. :sweatingbullets:

I read the news on MBC's website..It's going back to D-25..

The premiere date will be on January 21st '2009..

Maybe this postponement happens due to Il Woo's condition..I hope he gets better soon...

MO!!??? :blink:

wae yo??

why push it back when they report that the shooting is 60% done?? hmmm...well it seems that it's just delayed for a week from jan 14...but i wonder what could be the reason...maybe it was to give IW more days of rest than they have planned...hopefully it's not an indication that he is really in a bad shape :unsure:

Archived