[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Jung takes a beating for Iljimae

Posted on December 9th, 2008 // by javabeans

posterreturnofiljimae.jpg

21-year-old Jung Il-woo has a lot on his shoulders, leading MBC’s Return of Iljimae after Lee Junki saw his SBS version meet with such success. To this end, Jung is throwing himself into his action role — enough to startle crew members with his level of commitment — and getting bruised and battered on a daily basis.

Jung has worked past the minor scrapes and scratches, but now he’s even ignoring the potentially more serious ones: a source with the production says Jung reportedly gave his ankle a serious sprain, sending him to the hospital: “He was told to absolutely keep off it after filming, and to rest and take massages, but the next day he was right back, eager to film.”

Jung said, “If I rest even a day, the filming is just delayed more, so even lying down is a pain. I’m young, so I’ll heal quickly.”

His management, naturally, is a little more concerned for their star’s well-being (and earning power): “I hope he’ll take more care of his body while filming, and I’m worried he’ll push himself too far.” However, there were words of praise for Jung’s recent maturation: “Il-woo has changed tremendously. I’ve been watching him since his debut, but I’m really startled to see that side to him as he films Return of Iljimae.”

The Return of Iljimae was recently pushed back on the MBC schedule to allow General Hospital 2 to air first. No clear reason was given, but whatever it may be, I think the delay may be good for the drama if it gives them more time to polish their series.

The drama follows General Hospital 2 on Wednesdays and Thursdays in January.

Via Star News

credit to: dramabeans

It's D-32 based on what Il Woo fans said in DC Il Woo..

Does it mean we could see him sooner?

정일우 “하이킥 끝나고 붕떠있는 상태였다”

2bac107d.jpg

“SBS ‘일지매’와 차이가 많기 때문에 부담은 없다. SBS ‘일지매’는 1회밖에 안봤다.”

‘종합병원2’ 후속으로 내년 1월 14일 첫 방송될 MBC 수목 미니시리즈 ‘돌아온 일지매’의 역사적 영웅 일지매를 맡아 촬영에 여념이 없는 정일우를 만났다. 조선의 영웅으로 강력 변신한 정일우는 시트콤 ‘거침없이 하이킥’때 고3 학생의 철부지같은 모습은 완전히 사라지고 날카로운 눈빛과 카리스마를 풍겼다.

넉달전 촬영에 돌입, 액션스쿨을 다니며 한달새 4kg을 감량하고 무술을 익히면서 대만과 일본 로케이션까지 끝내고 총 24부중 12부 촬영을 끝냈다.

원작인 고우영 화백의 만화 ‘일지매’를 이미 캐스팅되기 전에 읽었다는 정일우는 “SBS 일지매가 퓨전사극이라면 ‘돌아온 일지매’는 더 작품성 있는 전통명품활극이 될 것 같다”고 말하면서 일지매라는 캐릭터 특성을 설명하기 시작했다.

“태어나자 마자 매화가지 아래 버려졌고 사랑하는 여자도 죽는 비극적 인물이다. 일지매는 연민을 자아내지만 차가움과 따뜻함을 동시에 지닌 매력적 인물이다. 차갑고 강안함속에 약간 중성적인 면도 지녔다”.

정일우는 정극 첫 출연에 주연이라는 부담이 없지는 않았지만 연기로 극복해나가고 있다.

“처음부터 영웅이 되는 사람은 없다. 여러 관문을 하나씩 통과해 영웅이 되는 것이다. 한 사람의 생의 도정 뒤에서 갈려지고 닦여지면서 생겨나는 것이다. 나도 촬영장에서 극복해나가는 중이다. 갈수록 연기가 편해지고 있다. 처음에는 황인뢰 감독님이 절대 정일우라는 모습을 보이자 말라고 하셨다. 그래서 촬영장에서는 속마음을 보여주지 않으려고 웃지도 않았다. 이제는 어느 정도 일지매가 됐다고 생각해주시는 것 같다.”

정일우는 ‘거침없이 하이킥’과 영화 ‘내 사랑’에 출연한 후 7개월동안 활동을 하지 않았다. 쉬는 동안 한양대에 입학하고, 자신을 돌아보는 시간을 가졌다.

“‘거침없이 하이킥’이 끝나고 붕 떠 있는 상태였다. 조급하고 불안했는데 쉬고나니 마음이 편해졌다. 쉬는 동안 인기는 한 순간에 없어질 수 있는 것이라는 걸 느꼈다.”

정일우는 처음 접하는 사극 연기에 적응하느라 힘든 시간을 보냈다. 황인뢰PD에게 매일 혼났다고 한다. 하지만 배운 게 엄청나게 많았다. “몸에 힘을 준다고 강해 보이지 않는다. 여류로움속에 묻어나야 한다”는 황인뢰PD의 가르침은 항상 명심하고 있다.

정일우는 “자면서 5번 정도 가위에 눌렸다. 초반에는 자존심도 많이 상했다”면서 “황 감독님은 하나가 되면 또 하나를 주문하는 스타일이다. 매번 시험을 보는 것 같았다”고 경험을 털어놨다.

그러면서 “나는 연기적으로는 아직 형편없다. 많은 분들이 하이킥을 사랑해줘 평생 잊지 못할 사랑을 받았다. 하지만 과거를 생각하고 있으면 더 나아지는 건 없다”면서 “현재는 일지매라는 캐릭터만을 생각해야 한다”고 일지매 캐릭터에 대한 애착을 보였다.

서병기 대중문화전문기자/wp@heraldm.com

credit: DC Il Woo

Somobody (who's good at Korean language) could you please translate the news?

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

nice iljimae pics. but it's kinda not good that they totally remind me of lee junki's iljimae.

but jung ilwoo is looking great for the part! i'm excited. i missed this story ;]

I know that many people would think (and often mistaken) that The Return of Iljimae is the sequel of Iljimae SBS (Jun Ki)-since Iljimae SBS does have the questionable ending :rolleyes: ..They even get mad when knowing that the lead actor of The Return of Iljimae is not Lee Jun Ki..And the worst is they even judge that The return of Iljimae is doing a plagiarism of Iljimae SBS..Okay, i'm getting mad right now :crazy:

I'm kind dissappointed <_< Though i like Iljimae SBS too..

The Return of Iljimae is totally different from Iljimae SBS..Both of them have different plot stories and characters..

The Return of Iljimae is made based on Iljimae's comic by Ko Woo Young which has made its hits in Korea long time ago..Seriously, i wish i could read the story from the comic..I like Iljimae character..It reminds me of Robin Hood..

I heard that The Return of Iljimae will be aired on January 28th replacing General Hospital 2 (the last episode will be on January 21st since it has 20 episodes)..

But couple days ago, i've read a news (but in hangeul-korean language) about The Return of Iljimae..The news did mention one date (but not January 28th). And It's been said that today is D-28..I guess it means that The Return of Iljimae will be premiered on January 14th not January 28th.. Am i right? I'm not sure though :huh:

Here the cast of the Return Of Iljimae and their roles...

Jung Il Woo as Il Ji Mae

Yoon Jin Seo as Dal Yi/Wol Hee

Kim Min Jong as Ku Ja Myeong

Jung Hye Young as Baek Mae

Park Geun Hyeong as Kim Ja Jeong

Lee Kye In as Chi Jeol

Park Cheol Min as Wang Heong Bo

credit: asian media wiki

The Return of Iljimae Is Back On Track

After the previous stall on this drama, MBC “The Return of Iljimae” is now back on track with the release of broadcast date and new posters, this time round with individual posters of the main characters.

“The Return of Iljimae”, renamed from “Iljimae” to avoid confusion with Lee Joon Ki’s version, is a Chosun hero story adapted from the original Iljimae comic by author Go Woo Young. The drama is directed by PD Hwang In Roe and he has already completed around 50% of the filming, which is one of the few Korean dramas with high completion before broadcast.

200812180836351001_1.jpg

The posters released show the four main characters, Jung Il Woo, Yoon Jin Suk, Kim Min Jong and Jung Hye Young. Jung Il Woo plays the hero Iljimae whose life is under constant torture because of the strict caste system during the Chosun era. After he changes to Iljimae, his lover Wal Hee, played by Yoon Jin Suh, will be his eyes and ears. Jung Hye Young plays as the mother of Iljimae, Baek Mae, who has never seen her son since giving birth to him. Her only purpose in living is to get a chance to see her son, if any. Kim Min Jong is the chief of the Investigation Bureau Goo Ja Myung, in love with Baek Mae and also takes a pity on Iljimae.

“The Return of Iljimae” is set as the afterwork of “General Hospital 2” and is scheduled to air beginning 14th of January.

credit: hanfever

Archived