Guest adikkeluangman

Guest chibikko

god Is Dead

The Korean boy band god -- pronounced G-O-D, for groove over dose -- is no more. The group, which captured the hearts of well nigh the entire country after their debut in 1999, at a press conference on Wednesday morning said their upcoming concert series "The Last" will, as the name suggests, be their last, as will their most recent album "Into the Sky", their seventh.

200510120007_01.jpg

The five-member group consisting of Kim Tae-woo, Danny Ahn, Park Joon-hyung, Son Ho-young and Yoon Kye-sang has been plagued by rumors of an impending break-up since the end of 2003. After member Yoon Kye-sang left for Korea's mandatory military service in November last year, the band kept on performing, but last May another member, Son Ho-young, caused controversy when it was thought he would try to use his dual citizenship to dodge the draft. However, Son later announced he will serve. Kim Tae-woo, who passed his medical with flying colors, announced he intends to join up in the same group as band-mate Son, making it impossible for the band to go on.

On Oct. 28, god will release their seventh and final album and hold a series of 20 concerts from Nov. 10 to Dec. 11, four times a week from Thursday to Sunday, at Olympic Hall in Seoul Olympic Park. “The fact that all our members are heading off for the Army is definitely the biggest reason that we can't continue, but we also felt that we all just needed a break because we have been running nonstop since our debut,” the group said. “We do not want to use the word ‘break up.’ Even though we can't say when, someday we will get together again to play music.”

Source: english.chosun.com

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ginachan

me & my older sis was crying when we found out.....

Recent pics of god at a press conference on 12 Oct 2005, to let the public know that the 7th Album will be god's LAST album. Taewoo and HoYoung will be reporting to the army force soon

2005101211542641350_1.jpg

7020051012_20277464.jpg

9420051012_20283436.jpg

9420051012_20283478.jpg

News about TaeWoo & HoYoung to service the country

News of the press conference - god the LAST

Could someone pls give us a brief translation of the news, tks.

credits : Yahoo.Kr

omg! I CAN'T LOOKK AT THESE PIX..IT'S GONNA MAKE ME CRY AGAIN

god Is Dead

The Korean boy band god -- pronounced G-O-D, for groove over dose -- is no more. The group, which captured the hearts of well nigh the entire country after their debut in 1999, at a press conference on Wednesday morning said their upcoming concert series "The Last" will, as the name suggests, be their last, as will their most recent album "Into the Sky", their seventh.

200510120007_01.jpg

The five-member group consisting of Kim Tae-woo, Danny Ahn, Park Joon-hyung, Son Ho-young and Yoon Kye-sang has been plagued by rumors of an impending break-up since the end of 2003. After member Yoon Kye-sang left for Korea's mandatory military service in November last year, the band kept on performing, but last May another member, Son Ho-young, caused controversy when it was thought he would try to use his dual citizenship to dodge the draft. However, Son later announced he will serve. Kim Tae-woo, who passed his medical with flying colors, announced he intends to join up in the same group as band-mate Son, making it impossible for the band to go on.

On Oct. 28, god will release their seventh and final album and hold a series of 20 concerts from Nov. 10 to Dec. 11, four times a week from Thursday to Sunday, at Olympic Hall in Seoul Olympic Park. “The fact that all our members are heading off for the Army is definitely the biggest reason that we can't continue, but we also felt that we all just needed a break because we have been running nonstop since our debut,” the group said. “We do not want to use the word ‘break up.’ Even though we can't say when, someday we will get together again to play music.”

Source: english.chosun.com

hi chibikko - Tks for posting the news.....

I'm real sad to see and hear this which we all know that someday this will happen but didn't expect so fast.....

Oh...i wish to fly over to see their concert, will anyone in Korea/overseas will organize a tour of us to come over to see their last concert????

hi god fans!

my cousin wontongirl started the original thread before soompi went kaput for a while-

i told her what happend and she was really upset that the thread she originated was gone but was happy to hear that another one was started up again. but unfortunately i reduced her to tears when i told her that i read on this thread that they are breaking up. how sad, i was never really into k-stuff until i started living in NYC with my cousin (another one besides wontongirl) and they love god! and now i love them too!

and wontongirl left a bunch of video files for me to catch up with! she's awesome!

i can't wait for the new album- i'll treasure it since it's their last :(

just looking at the pictures, wow that one guy is totally tan!

Gray---> He..he..I saw you online so I posted it really quick. Another Korean festival? That's sound fun. There's one in SD few weeks ago. It's okay. Yeah...maybe SoCal soompiers need to get together next time when there's any Korean concert again. I won't be able to go to the one in OC this weekend. Maybe next time.

FaricSyung---> Farah a.k.a. Takki Aniki. Long time no see. How are you doing? I saw your pictures with N'war & HoiSang hang out at Blue Rain forum. Finally I can see your pictures.

em1812---> Nice to see you again. It's been too long.

Dabin---> Thanks for the pictures & the links for the news article. I'm gonna miss g.o.d. a lot after next year.

blue izce8--> Thanks for the picture. Now I miss KS too after seeing that picture.

chibikko--> Thanks for sharing the news.

glory---> Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. So you're wontongirl's cousin? Say hi to her. I can imagine how she feels when she heard about her forum's gone. She started it and put a lot of effort on it. But we'll keep continue a new g.o.d. forum and please let her know to stop by when she has a chance.

No more g.o.d. That's so sad. I feel like crying now. I know it's just a band but it's so sad to see them go and disappear. Even with any artists is always so sad especially if they're my favorites.

^ the age doesnt matter.

when the army calls you, you go.

... y`all are trippin.

g.o.d. aint dead. wth.

that title pissed me off.

g.o.d.'s not dead. g.o.d. will never be dead.

.. unless they really DIE. literally.

seriously though. WHAT THE CRP.

-___-

Guest HoiSang

^ actually, yeah, i cant believe they used that heading - how can u say god's dead?

coz as long as the fans are here, as long as joon, kye, danny, hoi and tae woo are well and breathing...

god's not going anywhere. they can count on that. they can count on the FANS for that.

*sigh* i still dunno how i stand with the news. on one hand, i'm actually quite *happy*, coz like god said, snce they debuted ,they've been working non stop (and this' actually so true), and now they finally will get a much deserved break, without having any pressure over them. joon might even be able to find someone, and soon maybe start his family..... :) i sure hope he does - cant wait to see him be an awesome father ^^ and danny- i'm waiting for him to leave his mark in the world... kye, hoi and tae woo, just do the best they can to serve their country...

but on the other hand...i've realized it's even hard for me to smile >.< and that's very very very unlike me man... i just love these guys too much, and now, i may not even be able to fulfill one of my goals which is to see them in concert and meet them in person (unless a miracle happens this nov/dec ^^) just to let them know that I AM a fan of them, and i thank them for so many reasons that i cant possibly let them know all the details in just one meeting... and just that simply, thank them for inspiring me, and for just being god.

i can imagine other ppl going like 'it's just a band - they'll get back one day - it's not the end of the world..'

but my gawd, god is honestly much more than 'just a band' to me - they were so real, and so much a part of my life. i mean, their music, their personality, their friendship, their determination, the hardship they also seem to have to go through, and rise back from...

how can i not NOT learn from these guys?

w/out god, i wouldnt have met so many people that i consider my best friends now. heck, i wouldnt have met u awesome people in this forum from all around the country ^^. i wouldnt be so lucky as i am today.i wouldnt be a ble to gain half of the great experiences and memories that i have now because of god's influence. i wouldnt be able to get introduced to many other wonderful music of k-pop.

but the sad thing for me if i wouldnt have ever known god existed.. i wouldnt have known;

joon hyung - the greatest 'big brother' in the world! confirms that age does not matter - just do your thing, no matter what people say (and heck, i wanna be as cool as him at THAT age!)

kye sang - his eyes! :) his goofy personality and unbelieveable talent

danny ahn - i would never know that the most gorgoeus guy on earth existed at this very mo - and moreover, he has a great personality that matches. that's something VERY hard to live up to.

tae woo - his voice says it all. how could i not ever know about THAT voice?

and...ho young - his smile.

the scariest thing is that i would have never known about ho young's smile.

dman, and i thought i already got over this whole 'bursting out crying at any given moment...'

7th jib "into the sky" made me cry

its really like death or sth

why do they have to title their concert "the last"

and the 7th jib "into the sky"???

im so just sulking myself over this this coming wkend =(

ck>> wont be able to go to the OC affair :(

Guest adikkeluangman

OMG!!!! I cannot believe this. When I'm online yesterday it just news bout TW n HY going to Army together. When Farah sms me early this morning bout this matter. I though it just a rumour. Well, I got test this morning. Now I at Soompi read all the post and news. Suddenly reality bite me. Why now. When I just get to know them. OMG, I just read the TIMES JULY 02 when god appears on the cover. I'm a bit excited. At library, so must control myself. I got tears on my eyes now.

Hope that they just taking a break.

Cannot think anymore.

my tears cant even falling down, but my heart broke..please tell me that this is all lie..i've only known them for 2 months and now they gonna leave just like that, they the best group i ever know, their music, their way, their style uncomparable..this is all like a dream, why must they stop their great music..i cant believe this..wa wa wa..but hope all the best fo them..cant see hoi sweet smile anymore, taewoo laugh anymore..gonna miss them so much..my heart neve broke this much..hope they will gather again..peace

i'm gonna faint..i cant accept this..it make me sick emmmm..emmm

I was kind of surprised when I called Nwar this morning because she was taking it much calmer than I thought she'd be [and I've known her since forever].. I guess it hadn't dawned on you then, eh? It's truly a shocking news. Aish..

BiHyul ~ Yeah, that article title shot direct through my heart. Gosh. The reporters could've use other words. Meanie. -_-

Jess ~ I hope I can be there and we can have real group hugs. I use can use some at the moment. T___T;; But, like you said.. I hope this will give them the break they really deserved. And your sweet words about our guys and their influence.. I couldn't agree more. We have the same dream of watching them perform live and meet them for real.. but now I don't even know we'd have that chance anymore.

Eves unnie ~ *huggles* <3

Cindy ~ Hye.. I'm doing okay, I guess. Nothing much happens. Ahh, you've seen my pix? I'm so embarassed now. ^^;; Maybe you can PM me yours? <3

Guest soclose

This is just so sad :( I knew that this was gonna happen ..what with Ho Young and TaeWoo going to the army at the end of this year but I suppose I was hoping that it wont really happen. Reading the article and looking at the pics from the news conference made me cry...I missed them already. I've only heard of g.o.d this year but they are my favourite group at the moment and I love these guys. They are truly a great group and awesome performers.

Guest HoiSang

seriously.

b4 entering this thread : calm and collected. willing to accept the reality. WILL CONTROL EMOTIONS.

while reading through the posts in this thread / after reading through the thread = TEARS. lots of them.

i wish god will be able to miracoulsy find this thread somehow, and know how so many people from around the world actually love them so, so much....

and how, after all these years, they still manage to gain new and more fans in each passing year.

k-pop doesnt feel the same now...

p/s farah and n'war - be strong k :) will give u guys big teddy-bear huggies when i see u.

*yagsog/promise*

and yeah, big teddy-bear huggies to everyone in this forum who loves (and always will ) god.

i think we all could use one ne ^^

Guest GUCCI QUEEN

You know what? It's so sad when their last album is called "GOD FOR THE LAST."

TT-TT

I remember when I got into them during 2000~

I was so obsessed with them like 2002-2004...I watched EVERYTHING they were on...Then Kye Sang left the group and went to the army...

I hate to admit it but G.O.D is finally going to be gone after this next album.

But they were the most popular group of their time.

They sold over a million.

They sold over 11,000 tickets in 11 minutes.

Rivarly with Shinhwa?

WHO CARES? I'm sick of defending G.O.D in those kinds of topics.

They're both different groups with different things to offer.

FAN G.O.D FOR LIFE.

Guest HoiSang

gonna help a fellow god fan here, coz he hasnt registered yet, but yeah, for now...this what he told me over msn messenger..

'BoA '02 can't post but he says this blows'

haha, typical guy ^^

but yeah, basically, we are chatting about god at the mo...

and how we might never view k-pop the same way after this...

sad..but true

god will never die. :(

you're right...they'll be forever in our hearts...their songs will always play in our heads...their memories will always be with us...GOD will be in our SOULs...

i really can't believe this is happening...sad...up 'till now,i'm hoping that they'll be back on the stage playing songs for us... i really want to meet them in person...listen to them singing their songs live at a concert...dance along with the tune of their songs... :(

Archived