Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

to all the die-hard JJH fans here, I'd like to ask for some assistance. I'd like to improve the first post of this thread (made by me), I did that in a hurry that's why I wasn't able to post info about her. But since jcs also posted it already, I'd like to create a list of her CFs instead also the products she endorses. Having links would be helpful as well but just creating a list (and what a long list it will be) is a great way of showing how popular JJH is :-) hope you guys will help me out on this sort-of project.

I can only think of Giordano, bestibelli (no CF?), coca-cola (taiwan), Samsung My Jet, 017 i touch, naver, "Friend" Chocolate cookies (Hai Tai), Compagna, Hyundai Oilbank, KFC, LG Electronics, Laneige, Nadrimell, Ponds, Samsung Azit, Two percent (mineral water)

How about the MVs she's in?

Guest tin27™

guys.. d'you hav the ringtone of jjh in My Sassy Girl movie... ?? can u please post it...

it's waryongbongchu"(wa-ryong-bong-chu) ...

does any of u have her MVs? I only have the MV for Pachelbel Canon of my sassy girl. I would really like to see the MV of I Believe and the others she's been in. I hope you guys can help me.

does any of u have her MVs? I only have the MV for Pachelbel Canon of my sassy girl. I would really like to see the MV of I Believe and the others she's been in. I hope you guys can help me.

i'll check the MVs she's in when i get home..i have them in my computer.. ;)

Jeon Ji Hyun is My Sassy Girl

The long wait is over. Asia’s hottest romantic film will soon be shown in Manila.

Korea’s hottest female superstar Jeon Ji Hyun stars in My Sassy Girl, a film that managed to successfully export itself (and its soundtrack) to the rest of Asia. Total gross to date has reached $1B, out-grossing giant films such as The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter across Asia.

My Sassy Girl starts with Kyun Woo (Korean superstar Cha Tae Hyun), a kind-hearted but at times naive college student who seems to keep getting into trouble. On his way home one night, he encounters a beautiful but completely drunk young woman (Jeon Ji Hyun) who causes a scene in the subway, she calls him “honey,” and then passes out. With the eyes of the other subway passengers upon him, he has little choice but to take responsibility for her. Thus begins his relationship with the at-times charming, at-times violent damsel who steals his heart.

With a fruitful plot and many unforgettable moments, My Sassy Girl is definitely the best romantic-comedy film to date. It is a film that requires multiple viewings. The more you watch, the more fun you can retrieve from it.

Without doubt, the jokes and the performance of the actors are excellent, yet the romantic part is also impressive and heart-warming. Considering that it is a romantic-comedy movie, the sincere conversation of Jeon Ji-Hyun at the end is much more susceptible than expected. The romance is depicted more faithfully and passionately than many pure romance films. Both Cha Tae-Hyun and Jeon Ji-Hyun have done a very splendid job. While both of them are new actors, they were able to humanize their characters and make them look appealing. They also succeeded in commanding the emotions of the audience at will.

The five faces of Jeon Ji Hyun

The drunk girl

Gyun-Woo has recently been discharged from his compulsory tour of duty in the Korean army. After a dinner with friends, he sees The Girl at the subway station. The Girl is sloshed, soused, schnockered. She’s so drunk she’s about to fall on the tracks. Gyun-woo pulls The Girl back, and sees that The Girl is very pretty. But she also stinks because of alcohol, so he finds her disgusting. And it’s about to get worse.

As Gyun-Woo and The Girl ride in the same subway train, The Girl causes a scene by literally vomiting on one of the passengers and passes out. The other passengers believe that Gyun-Woo and The Girl are together, so he is obliged to carry her out of the car. He deposits her onto a nearby bench and walks away from her, like any sane person saddled with an anonymous drunk would. But conscience and gentlemanly duty makes him turn around. Thus his adventures with The Girl begins.

The outrageous girl

The Girl leads him around by the nose, and routinely calls and commands him to appear here or there and do ridiculous things. While standing on a river’s edge and admiring the sunset, The Girl decides she needs to know how deep the river is ... so she pushes Gyun-Woo in to find out. (It’s deep.) The Girl marches into Gyun-Woo’s lecture hall, and tries to get him to cut class. When he refuses, she asks the professor to excuse him from class ... by saying that she is getting an abortion and he is the father. (It works.)

The violent girl

Aside from frequent slapping and jabbing, The Girl often coldcocks Gyun-Woo-hard! When she’s not physically abusing Gyun-Woo, The Girl also harasses strangers for various offenses: for being ill-mannered, for littering, or for being dirty old men.

There seems to be a sort of fascination with female-to-male abuse in Asia. There are several Asian movies and series where the girl pummels the boy, and it’s supposed to be funny ( and it actually is). The Girl slaps The Boy around quite a bit, too.

The sappy girl

My Sassy Girl is truly bizarre and hilarious. It is guaranteed to make you go into uncontrollable bursts of laughter. There isn’t one sour moment in this movie. The unusual story works because the actors are particularly good and totally committed to their roles. Gyun-Woo is played by Tae-Hyun Cha, a very popular star in Korea, and he does this sort of role very well: He can transform from goofy mouth-breather to a sincere and dignified manly man in a blink of an eye. And there are probably just a few actresses in the world who can be so ferocious and not come off as shrill and hateful. Ji-Hyun Jun manages the right mixture of charm and menace; it’s hard to believe anyone can be simultaneously so vicious and so adorable, but she pulls it off.

The most fun parts of the movie are when the characters are themselves having fun. In between the drunken physical abuse, The Girl displays some moments of genuine sweetness, pathos, and even wisdom. And there’s a scene where they dance in a club in their high school uniforms—it’s such a cute moment that they refer back to it later.

And there are so many weird little throwaway moments that really make the movie. Gyun-Woo hands The Girl a handkerchief while she is drunkenly weeping, and before using it, she inspects it for snot. At some point, Gyun-Woo and The Girl are held hostage in an amusement park by an army deserter with a broken heart.

The sassy girl

The best thing about My Sassy Girl is that it’s very entertaining and totally believable. My Sassy Girl becomes a three-hankie weepie by the end. But it feels genuine and not labored or arduous—the cheesy melodrama works this time, because it earned it. Truly a romantic-comedy movie worth watching over and over again.

http://www.manilastandardonline.com:8080/m...fe02_oct20_2005

--------

I'll definitely go watch it even if I'd probably hate the dubbing. I want to see MSG on the big screen! MSG is the first Korean film, or Asian film for that matter, dubbed in Filipino that will be shown in theaters here. HURRAY MSG!

moogles, i dont see the pics :( i only see IPB Image :cries:

lemoncoke..those pics you posted are from her pantene press conference in beijing i think...i saw an article in the papers this morning..but since it's in chinese...i just looked at the pictures :lol:

there was a music video that i saw were in the beginning she drove a car and crashed a wedding. if anyone knows or seen that mv, can u tell me the name of it?

anyway, i love this girl! esp in my sassy girl and windstruck.

those are my favorite movies!!!

If I'm not wrong i think that one is the advertisement for lotte chilsung (water), backround music by Youme's "Love is always thirsty" or something.

It has 2 parts, the last part is here (courtesy of Shopgirl from JWS thread):

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IAVV3N...XT1L1536PNL3F4B

Weird, I could see them fine. I uploaded them on Imageshack now. Just some old pics. :D

oh...i see them now ;)

What's with that <_<?

It's a damn hot picture, and showcases the amazing chemistry Ji Hyun and Woo Sung have.

hahah..yah, too damn hot , it got banned :ph34r::rolleyes:

cairo, i'm sorry i haven't gotten back to you on jihyun's MVs...been busy lately..i'll get back to you as soon as i can ;)