Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

March 27, 2012

Jun Ji-hyun plans a frugal wedding with no honeymoon

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily..com

26174945.jpg

Jun Ji-hyun

More details about the wedding of Hallyu actress Jun Ji-hyun have been revealed, setting tongues wagging.

According to a source close to Jun, there will be no congratulatory song performed by a celebrity guest at the wedding and the newlyweds will also forgo a honeymoon vacation.

The wedding, set for April 13, will be unusually frugal for a woman of such high profile, and the groom’s family will take care of the logistics. Jun’s fiancé is Choi Jun-hyuk, the grandson of famed hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) designer Lee Young-hee.

During the first half of the wedding, Jun will wear a contemporary wedding dress in Western style, and in the latter half, she will don a traditional hanbok from her grandmother-in-law’s collection.

The public is showing much interest in the upcoming nuptials, which Jun’s agency says “will be a modest ceremony” despite the hype.

After the wedding, Jun will start work on the film “Berlin” straight away. The public was shocked when Jun announced on March 9 that she would move the wedding up from June to April due to filming commitments.

The ceremony will take place at the Shilla Hotel in Jangchung-dong, central Seoul.

April 2, 2012

Jun Ji Hyun Sends Out Simple Wedding Invitations

Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung Translation Credit : Ju Ahn Lee

C120402_28.jpg

Top star Jun Ji Hyun has finally sent out the wedding invitations for her upcoming April 13 wedding.

Jun invited 20 of her close colleagues and family members, and sent out over 300 invitations to relatives and other guests.

The wedding invitation was concisely printed in black ink on a white background. The simple message read, ‘Joon Hyuk & Ji Hyun. We cordially invite you to our wedding. We hope your presence will brighten our special day’.

Surprisingly, there were no pictures or floral decorations on the invitation.

The last names of her parents also received much attention as both had rather rare family names – Jun’s father, Wang Jung Cheo, and mother, Mook Chang Ae.

A rep from her agency revealed, “An estimated 300 guests are expected from the groom’s side with another 300 from the bride’s side, bringing the total guest list to 600. Most of the celebrity guests will be from the cast of The Thieves and Berlin.”

Jun’s best friend and sunbae Lee Young Ae, as well as her agency colleagues Jung Woo Sung and Zo In Sung are expected to attend the wedding.

Jun will tie the knot with banker Choi Joon Hyuk, the grandson of hanbok designer Lee Young Hee, on April 13 at 6 pm in the Shilla Hotel in Seoul.

Once again, congrats to Ji-hyun and her hubby-to-be! I'm glad she's inviting Jung Woo-sung, since they worked on those sexy Giordano ads together. Lee Jung-jae should be on the guest list too, methinks. Can't wait to see her wedding finery, especially that hanbok designed by Lee Young-hee!

April 5, 2012

Jeon Ji-hyun's wedding photos shot a week before the ceremony?

Source: Nate via hancinema.net

Actress Jeon Ji-hyeon shot wedding pictures prior to her actual wedding.

Jeon Ji-hyeon had a wedding picture photo session with fashion magazine ELLE in a studio in Seoul on April 4th. Jeon Ji-hyeon wanted to create memories of this most beautiful and lovely moment forever.

She is currently concentrating more on her work -- the movie "Berlin" -- than her wedding and was able to make the wedding happen two months earlier than planned in order to accomodate the movie shoot, but she still went through a photo shoot like every other bride does. The pictures can be seen in the May issue of ELLE.

Meanwhile, Jeon Ji-hyeon is getting married in the Shilla Hotel on April 13th after a press conference.

April 12, 2012

600 guests to attend Jun Ji-hyun's wedding

By
Carla Sunwoo
carlasunwoo@

Just days before her wedding on April 13, actress Jun Ji-hyun’s wedding has been tipped to be a large-scale event with more than 600 guests to attend.

A source close to the star said that as well as some of the leading stars from the entertainment industry, all who are close to the star have been invited.

Invites were given to most of the co-stars that Jun had worked with as well as entertainers who Jun is close to in her personal life.

Actor Cha Tae-hyun who Jun starred with in the hit-movie that launched her career, “My Sassy Girl” (2001) is set to attend.

Other actors like Jang Hyuk, Han Suk-kyu and Ha Jeong-woo who Jun has and will work with after the wedding, have also been invited.

The ceremony will be divided into two parts and Jun will attend a press conference before the wedding at 3 p.m. where she will reveal her wedding dress to the public for the first time.

The minister for Justice, who is a friend of Jun’s father in law will officiate the wedding.

Meanwhile, Jun’s husband-to-be Choi Jun-hyuk is a fiancé man who works for the Bank of America.

News bites: April 12, 2012

by javabeans dramabeans.com

It’s the return of the News Bites! Can you believe it’s almost been two whole years since we did the last one? Either time flies or we’re lazy. Because those things are mutually exclusive and all.

BOO_20120412164720_V.jpg

Nate

After years of wedding rumors, Jeon Ji-hyun (Blood the Last Vampire, My Sassy Girl) is finally gettin’ hitched in April, so she’s done a wedding-themed shoot for Elle magazine. I swear I’ve seen her dressed in a wedding gown a zillion times, so this looks like just another day in the park for Jeon. Another gorgeously coifed, perfectly made up, expensively outfitted day in the park. [source: Chosun]

April 13, 2012

Jun Ji Hyun Says She Fell for Her Husband’s Boldness

Source: Nate l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, JinHo Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Jun Ji Hyun’s voice shook with excitement. The boldness of this top star seemed to crumble in the face of her once in a lifetime moment.

Jun Ji Hyun held a press conference before her wedding ceremony on April 13 in Seoul’s Shilla Hotel to talk about how she felt and how she was brought to this wedding. She appeared in a dress from the famed British designer brand Jenny Packham.

2012041332347_2012041390011.jpg

art_1334302044.jpg

She seemed taken aback at the big crowd of reporters waiting for her, but she soon found her footing and smiled at the camera.

She started off by saying, “I thank you for coming such a long way,” then added, “I’m so nervous and tense today.” Her nervousness indeed showed, as her voice seemed to shake with her emotions.

Jun Ji Hyun said about her first encounter with her husband, “We grew up in the same neighborhood since we were little, so we knew each other. We started a serious relationship after we officially met through an acquaintance two years ago.”

The groom, Choi Joon Hyuk, is the only grandson of the hanbok designer Lee Young Hee and is the son of fashion designer Lee Jung Woo. He works at an American banking company.

When asked what charms she saw in him, she answered, “His boldness,” and added, “One evening, he said we were going somewhere and told me to come with my passport. I followed him; we ended up at the airport, and we immediately left for Japan. In Japan, he asked whether I would marry him along with a ring.”

“We have talked about it, but we have to set up more plans,” she said on how many children the couple plans to have.

To a question asking about her honeymoon, she said, “We can’t go because of the shoot for my film Berlin. My husband is busy around this time also, so we’re planning it for fall.”

She then finished, “I’m so nervous and tense. I don’t even know what to say. I just hope I can hold and finish the wedding ceremony well. There are many people who have continued to keep their eyes on me. I want to thank them. I’ll work hard to live happily after being married.”

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

2012413161172wziegg_T5_23881.jpg

201241316117gi6iegg_T5_23883.jpg

201241316117wy80egg_T5_23882.jpg

201241316117y5ruegg_T5_23884.jpg

1334299546819.jpg

20120413jjhksk01.jpg

20120413_1334301158.jpg

201204131612101001_1.jpg

45503693.4.jpg

Captures from various media portals as stated via Nate.com

April 13, 2012

Jun Ji-hyun ties knot with designer's grandson

By Kwon Mee-yoo meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

04141601.jpg

20120413002164_0.jpg

20120413002157_0.jpg

1334301737_304978.jpg

Actress Jun Ji-hyun, 30, tied the knot Friday at the Shilla Hotel, Seoul. Also known as Gianna Jun, the actress married Choi Jun-hyuk, grandson of "hanbok" (traditional Korean costume) designer Lee Young-hee.

She said getting married has not come home to her yet at a press conference held three hours prior to the wedding.

Jun and Choi were childhood friends and love blossomed between the two when a friend re-introduced them two years ago. "I am an actress and I express myself through movies and dramas. I think I have to reflect on myself first and improve my acting," Jun said. She added the couple has no plans for children yet.

Justice Minister Kwon Jae-jin, who went to high school with Choi's father, officiated at their wedding; and Jun's favorite singer Lee Juck sang a nuptial song for them.

She wore a Reem Acra wedding gown for the first part of the ceremony and a hanbok designed by her grandmother-in-law for the wedding reception. At the press conference before the wedding, she chose a Jenny Packham dress.

Jun originally planned to wed in June, but changed the date due to the filming schedule for her new movie "Berlin." She will leave for Germany later this month to shoot with Ha Jung-woo, Han Seok-gyu and Ryu Seung-bum.

Jun made her debut as a model in 1997 and was a big hit in the 2001 movie "My Sassy Girl." She also appeared in Hollywood films in "Blood: The Last Vampire" (2009) and "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" (2011).

20120413002094_0.jpg

20120413002093_0.jpg

BOO_20120413175318_V.jpg

20120413055241_192622_363_550.jpg

BOO_20120413175443_V.jpg

20120413002170_0.jpg

20120413002168_0.jpg

2012041316363685952_1.jpg

201241318444mjrn_T5_23890.jpg

PP12041300054.JPG

20120413_1334309557.jpg

625022-(0)-m501501_12854.jpg

1334311393_305093.jpg

Guest chupachap

oh wow, i was overwhelmed with the amount of her wedding pictures but delightedly so :) Congrats Jeon Ji Hyun, finally my favourite sassy girl is happily married. I wish you a lifetime of joy!

Guest hershei01

Best Wishes my sassy girl. You know I love you <3

Can I have your husband photos with you?! Lol. Been craving for that all these time... Ah.. you're so pretty I cant....

On a side note, Woo Sung didnt come? :(