Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Guest mechant-lapin

At first, I was indifferent with the english dubbings but they totally screwed the ending for me. Everything was done in an emotionless way o__o

They couldn't have chosen more meaningless words to express themselves...

I am so frustrated by the english ending, wtf. My tearjerking-other-self wasn't even wet eyed for the ending in the global version. Vanille, the most expressive character in the game, didn't even seem to express her feelings correctly at all. And the fact that Square-Enix developped an engine for perfect lipdubbing also contribued into making the whole thing rather pathetic. She looked (her lips seemed to suggest so) and sounded like she didn't care if her friend was electro-tortured

@___@

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I was indifferent with the english dubbings but they totally screwed the ending for me. Everything was done in an emotionless way o__o

I am so frustrated by the english ending, wtf. My tearjerking-other-self wasn't even wet eyed for the ending in the global version. Vanille, the most expressive character in the game, didn't even seem to express her feelings correctly at all. And the fact that Square-Enix developped an engine for perfect lipdubbing also contribued into making the whole thing rather pathetic. She looked (her lips seemed to suggest so) and sounded like she didn't care if her friend was electro-tortured

@___@

I didn't read this but I'm scared there's a spoiler in it! :( You should put on spoiler tags LOLLL :(

Guest peppermintsugar

I didn't read this but I'm scared there's a spoiler in it! :( You should put on spoiler tags LOLLL :(

HAHA! Same here :| I started to, then I got scared and just skipped it!

Personally, I think the game is pretty damn good. I could really care-less about the linearity of the game because frankly if it it was more open world, then the game might lose its focus/plot-objective and that's something I wouldn't be willing to risk. The combat system is great, they really made it well by allowing it to be more interactive with the players, which actually takes skill instead of just pressing a button and waiting.

I'm still only on about chapter 7-8, and I hope there's more to come. Anyone know how many chapters in total there are? and how many hours of gameplay you can get from this game? Oh and for the people who are on edge about this game I seriously suggest renting the game, playing a few hours of it and if you like what you see, go out and get your own copy or hell, trade in a few games that you don't play and get a few dollars off. I thought it was worth the buy.

Guest synergyz

I think the game is excellent, and I don't really even care for RPG's that much.

I never really understood the complaint of switching disks. Oh no, you have to take two seconds to switch a disk! lol

for good games, its like getting blue balls.

Guest deceitful.reverie

@___@

Please edit your post and put spoiler tags! :) For the others, at least...

Unfortunately, for me, I read the whole thing 'cause I have little self control, especially once I've already started reading,

Guest MeiNing

Personally, I think the game is pretty damn good. I could really care-less about the linearity of the game because frankly if it it was more open world, then the game might lose its focus/plot-objective and that's something I wouldn't be willing to risk. The combat system is great, they really made it well by allowing it to be more interactive with the players, which actually takes skill instead of just pressing a button and waiting.

I'm still only on about chapter 7-8, and I hope there's more to come. Anyone know how many chapters in total there are? and how many hours of gameplay you can get from this game? Oh and for the people who are on edge about this game I seriously suggest renting the game, playing a few hours of it and if you like what you see, go out and get your own copy or hell, trade in a few games that you don't play and get a few dollars off. I thought it was worth the buy.

I believe there are 13 chapters total, and people have been reporting an average of 50-60+ hours of gameplay, sounds about average FF time to me.

Just started playing, now on Chapter 5. Graphics are gorgeous, and I love the story. Lightning is my favorite, kicks butt but is capable of emotions too. I also really love the new battle system, makes it faster but also incorporates traditional elements in. One thing I don't like is how you can't pick your party (in the majority of the game, I guess), though I guess it just has to happen that way for the story to flow, but I'd much rather just play as Lightning the whole time. Also how you can only control one player... lord knows how many times I've internally begged for the medic to cure me fast enough, haha. I also don't like the Serah/Snow stuff... Snow is really annoying, so you can imagine how I felt when Lightning punched/kept punching him in the face. :rolleyes:

Guest peppermintsugar

Am I the only person who hates Lightning's personality? She's just so macho, and hard-richard simmons and cunty, not attractive to me at all, but everyone loves her.

I personally love Sazh the most. He feels the most realistic, and so far is the only character who evokes any sort of emotion from me.

Anyone else? B)

Guest tomster

@papasmurf

Wow I actually hovered over thinking it was a real spoiler haha..

Am I the only person who hates Lightning's personality? She's just so macho, and hard-richard simmons and cunty, not attractive to me at all, but everyone loves her.

I personally love Sazh the most. He feels the most realistic, and so far is the only character who evokes any sort of emotion from me.

Anyone else? B)

Lololol we're complete opposites. I like Lightning's character. She has a hint of emotion every now and then. Kind of reminds me of a Lulu or Paine that we don't see much in Final Fantasy. Sazh annoyed me in the beginning but he does seem most realistic in the way he thinks.

Guest MeiNing

Anyone else? B)

I can see where you're coming from, but despite those characteristics, she shows that she's soft on the inside. Her parents died when she was Hope's age, she was a soldier, and you can tell she loves her sister a lot from all the guilt she shows at times.

I love Sazh too! I was reading reviews before I played the game and some people were complaining about how Sazh is the "typical black guy comedy" character, but I don't really see it at all. Sure, he has some humorous moments, but most of the time he's the most realistic and serious person of the group.

Guest papasmurf

Is it just me or fighting enemies are freaking tough in chapter 11? I mean chapter 10 it was REALLY tough, but chapter 11 WOA...i won't even bother fighting them.

Guest MeiNing

Is it just me or fighting enemies are freaking tough in chapter 11? I mean chapter 10 it was REALLY tough, but chapter 11 WOA...i won't even bother fighting them.

For sureee. I grinded only a little to max out my crystarium in pre-chapter 11, then suddenly in chapter 11 all the nodes are worth like 4000 (even for main roles), and killing enemies becomes a little asjkfdlawe. I thought people were joking when they said 60% of the game was chapter 1-10, and 40% was 11-13, but I guess they weren't. I really want to just finish the game at this point, but I can tell it's going to take awhile to power up for the boss by doing missions/grinding. D:

am i the only one who finds this ff kinda dull?

it seems like 5 years focused on graphics

POOSSSSIBLEEEEE SPOILERRRRR ALERTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I just beat the game, and I think the reason why the plot seems so dull is because Yoshinori Kitase was hinting at a XIII-2 depending on how well XIII is recieved, so the plot (especially at the ending) seems really loose.

I really do hope they come out with a XIII-2, the ending left me really unsatisfied. Not in a bad way, I just wish the characters and the ending had more closure.

Guest Hot Fire Neko

Currently grinding the hell out of things in ch12. I hate Lightning as a character lol, but she's by far my permanant main character when I can help it.

The difficulty curve is quite enjoyable to me, as is the Paradigm shift system. This game is hard on a final fantasy standard, but by no means one of the more difficult RPGs i've played. Try the SMT series, or going for the 'real' endings in the Disgaea series, or *shudders* Hoshigami for the PS1 *Think FFT but 300x harder and if a character dies they get written out of the story. No phoenix downs*.

As for the ending, when was the last time the FF series came out with a feel good satisfactory ending? 8? O.o

^ 9 was satisfactory too. All the characters lived, and came together in the end and lived happily ever after.

Someone always dies, or they're too busy and move on with their lives and never see each other again. -___-; I hate that. If I'm gonna spend like 50+ hours on a game and get so attached to the characters, I WANT THEM TO LIVE AND BE HAPPY!

Guest Hot Fire Neko

Ah yes 9. I tend to subconsciously block that game out being that I had no attachment to any character in the game sans the underused Freya. I still want a logical explanation as to why Zidane had a tail.

Oh man. Reminds me of FFT's ending. EVERYBODY DIES. Delita rises from pesant to king...AND DIES. Olan lives, tries to praise Orlandeu's dying heroically to the world, and is burned at the stake. Everyone in your party at the final battle? DIES.

....Which reminds me. How in the blue hell did Ramza 'survive'? He's trapped in the hell dimension with the entrance destroyed. Everyone ELSE in the final battle is killed by the ship exploding. And SOMEHOW he survives and escapes back to the real world?

....Damn, I just remembered how much that ending pissed me off lol.

Lmao, never played tactics. With an ending like that, I probably would be pissed off too. I hate when characters I get attached to die, or if I'm attached to them as a group and they end up not being able to see each other anymore because one's too busy (Ashe from XII)

Zidane had a tail because of the world he and Kuja came from, since they're not from Gaia. Everyone there was born with a tail or something, iirc?

Archived