[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest babymarzy07

thanks Luv for that wall paper its cool. ill wait for a LJJ one. :D hehhee ohhhh im catching the LJJ fever too, Jo chinggu! im liking HDG's sense of style in this drama very much, those outfits are just cool and chic. hahhaa i wouldnt even think she's part of the airport. lol. thanks for the subs withs2!!! thanks shenny for posting! u guys rock!! :)

Hello~!

I have just started watching this drama yesterday and I must say I'm really loving it! The pacing of the drama is great... action-packed, leaving me at the edge of my seat, while screen time is also given to let us get to know the characters..

And Lee Jung Jae! He's turning me into a fangirl.. ;p Love his charisma and intense performance.. His screen presence makes the drama feel like a movie rather than just another drama.. perhaps it's because he's been in more movies than dramas in recent years.. I love the other supporting characters as well, such as "Min Boon" (not sure about his name), the guy who works along side HDG and wasn't please with her arrival.. and Lee Jin Wook's character... they, together with some of the other supporting characters, brings comic relief and lighter moments to the drama.. Hope the rest of the drama is going to be just as good.. :)

Guest acemaverick

hello again!

i was confused with the link of cococrust in sendspace. I thought it was in english sub but rather it was chinese. :(

though i appreciate how clear the drama is over real player. i would like to know if you have sendspace link with air city english subbed.

i am hoping anyone here can post it. please... :blush: from ep1 to ep4.

thanks a lot.

epi 1 and 2 softsubs are out. here and at d-a

although, withs2 doesn't allow hardsubs but i think there should be a few floating around like in veoh and other streaming sites.

epi 3 and 4 are still in translation i think. you can check the fanwiki page at d-a

Wow...Thank you so much WITHS2 for the subtitles. :wub: :wub:

You'd better to found LJJ and made a wallpaper of him and lovely HDG or else...hahaha

just kidding Luv..

the wallpaper is very classic, i love the black and white back ground..

thanks Luv..

thanks Luv for that wall paper its cool. ill wait for a LJJ one. :D hehhee

Haha...I knew it... :)

Ideally...I wanted to have something like this...

ljjcjwsampleye5.jpg

but the quality of the picture is not good enough for a wallpaper...sigh...

imbc vod, source: starjiwoo

Behind the scene, Jiwoo learning to punch LJW. :P:lol:

VOD - Jiwoo punching LJW

Thanks Ching for the VOD - interesting, CJW mastering the punching scenes..... :)

In case some of you are wondering what the scene is all about, here’s the gist (many thanks to Rosepetal for sharing this....)

It appears that Do-Gyung was worried about Ji-Sung and flew to Hong Kong to see him and maybe Ha-Joon went with her or he went with Ji-Sung ahead of her...(not sure)

When two men walked up the staircase and Ha-Joon was surprised and happy to see Do-Gyung. He asked "Oh? What are you doing here, when did you get here (or What happened to you?)" and Do-Gyung punched him in the stomach instead by saying, "Follow me!...(Come along!)" She seemed mad at Ha-Joon.

Then when she saw Ji-Sung, she couldn't help but ran straight into his arms and hugged him...(she missed him and was relieved to see him?) Then, PD Yim Tae-Woo's voice is heard saying "Drama Ending!" (he was joking~)

Then everyone, actors & staff/crew laughed aloud.

--the end--

Guest acemaverick

hey! thanks for the translation! finally i understand what was it about.

but did she really hug Ji Sung cos she missed him? or was it like just joking around.

Guest apple red

Thanks Ching for the VOD - interesting, CJW mastering the punching scenes..... :)

Then when she saw Ji-Sung, she couldn't help but ran straight into his arms and hugged him...(she missed him and was relieved to see him?) Then, PD Yim Tae-Woo's voice is heard saying "Drama Ending!" (he was joking~)

Then everyone, actors & staff/crew laughed aloud.

--the end--

I remember that VOD, and i thought that was Jiwoo joking with LJJ because the punch itself needs a lot of practise (due LJW's bruise on his stomach ).

And while the PD direct and teach LJW and CJW about the scene, LJJ watching intensely behind the crew, and even finally he made himself as "practise object" for CJW :lol: or teach LJW how to hug CJW (and got punch)...it was so funny but remind us as viewer, how uneasy for them to take one scene :huh:

*edit*

acemaverick ask the same question..lol

another question, why HDG had so much pills ??

Guest babymarzy07

Haha...I knew it... :)

Ideally...I wanted to have something like this...

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2668/ljjcjwsampleye5.jpg

but the quality of the picture is not good enough for a wallpaper...sigh...

lol that predictable? :lol: oh that wallpaper would look awesome im sure. i like the effect of the balck and white. it give off a different vibe. dont worry many episodes to come, we will see more LJJ hotness :wub:

hey! thanks for the translation! finally i understand what was it about.

but did she really hug Ji Sung cos she missed him? or was it like just joking around.

Good question....I was having the same kind of thoughts too when I first watched an earlier version of the VOD.

Actually, we are not sure if JiWoo was just fooling around or that is supposed to be in the script.... Rosepetal thought that was part of the scene rehearsal. If you re-watch the VOD again, you'd notice how abrupt the scene was captured and I think we have to use our own imagination... :w00t:

I remember that VOD, and i thought that was Jiwoo joking with LJJ because the punch itself needs a lot of practise (due LJW's bruise on his stomach ).

And while the PD direct and teach LJW and CJW about the scene, LJJ watching intensely behind the crew, and even finally he made himself as "practise object" for CJW :lol: or teach LJW how to hug CJW (and got punch)...it was so funny but remind us as viewer, how uneasy for them to take one scene :huh:

*edit*

acemaverick ask the same question..lol

another question, why HDG had so much pills ??

Are you are referring to the scenes where we saw HDG swallowing pills in front of KHJ (office room scene)? I don't really have the answers (no script to refer...hehehe) but possibly it could have been the idea of telling viewers that she is suffering from work-stress due to chaotic airport scenes or could the glimpses of her (at least twice) taking the pills meant she's not in good health?!?! :vicx: I strongly feel this is not going to be the scenario of HDG's role (from our understanding, we do not expect CJW to take up a sick-role .....and pray not....just my own interpretation. :rolleyes:

Guest apple red

Are you are referring to the scenes where we saw HDG swallowing pills in front of KHJ (office room scene)? I don't really have the answers (no script to refer...hehehe) but possibly it could have been the idea of telling viewers that she is suffering from work-stress due to chaotic airport scenes or could the glimpses of her (at least twice) taking the pills meant she's not in good health?!?! :vicx: I strongly feel this is not going to be the scenario of HDG's role (from our understanding, we do not expect CJW to take up a sick-role .....and pray not....just my own interpretation. :rolleyes:

yes, i referring that scene. hopefully not another sick role.

Well, though iam affraid she is suffering a disease or something. ANd i hope the scriptwriter doesnt have idea "KJS was suffered because his old fiancee left him due terminal disease, and now probably HDG will have too but she will go through different decision (telling KJS ) about it"...

yes, i referring that scene. hopefully not another sick role.

Well, though iam affraid she is suffering a disease or something. ANd i hope the scriptwriter doesnt have idea "KJS was suffered because his old fiancee left him due terminal disease, and now probably HDG will have too but she will go through different decision (telling KJS ) about it"...

yeah... i was thinking of that scenario too... plus, remember, hajoon asked her about the pills? (i think he did) and she just ignored him and grabbed the bottle of pills back from him?... guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...

Guest Rosepetal

Okay, let me see if I can be of help regarding Do-Gyung (CJW) popping alot of pills at work.... :unsure:

For those of you who watched, Ep. 4, Dr. Suh (Ji-Sung's ex. GF) treated Do-Gyung's wrist from a cut she got from the villain "Charlie" scene....

DG wanted to get refill of her medications by Dr. Suh, and Dr. Suh was very surprised why DG was taking all those medicines. Among them were drug for her bad & frequent (?) headaches, possibly migrane type?, and the other I remember DG mentioned was for insomnia....sleeping pills!

I think DG character is somewhat sensitive and maybe her sad childhood and the guilt she felt over abandoning her younger sister, Yi-Gyung bothers her so much that she needs to take those pills, not to mention alot of stress at work as a general manager at the airport, we can all imagine even in reality.

About the VOD "JiWoo-Punching-JinWook"...........

I watched this new one and I got to understand better now. JiWoo was fooling or joking around, her running to LJJ /Ji-Sung was not part of the script, rehearsal scene!! B'cos the caption on the VOD said "Rascal & Playful JiWoo !

She was suppopsed to be met by LJW /Ha-Joon who was so happy to see her and running to hug her, but after many rehearsal of punching LJW on the stomach, she ran to LJJ/Ji-Sung to hug him instead...

Now, we can guess maybe she felt sorry to keep punching LJW, who was already injured from the fighting scene previously, so she out of goodness of her heart, avoided doing it over again and ran to LJJ?????

Or she just felt like being playful and fool around by doing that out of spontaneity and of course to tease two hunks at the same time.....thus the PD Yim Tae-Woo said "Drama Ending!~" and also causing the everyone to laugh at her cute & funny act!??? :rolleyes:

We will have to watch more to find out...hehe.. :lol:

Thanks Rosepetal for enlightening us on the nature of HDG's health condition....so I guess migraine and sleeping disorder are not to be viewed as "serious" health-scare!.... :rolleyes::phew:

Glad that you re-watched the VOD posted by Ching as it has different angles from the previous link I gave you. So, my earlier guess was correct...it was an impromptu kind of gesture by CJW and LJJ was smiling happily to receive the bonus hug!! :P

Guest Rosepetal

Yeah, Felicia , I forgot to mention the caption on screen also said "JiWoo's Adlib Vs. Playful JiWoo" regarding the cute act she did! It also said "Is it JiWoo's real inner feelings or Do-Gyung's fate?" :lol:

I gotta say that Do-Gyung better not die in this drama, then I wouldn't want to watch it! :sweatingbullets::w00t:

Oh, thanks, Luv for beautiful screen captures and also the stylish and cool black & white wallpaper of "CJW & LJW" and the other one of "CJW & LJJ"....I LOVE IT!! :wub::)

I'm actually rewatching EP 4 at this very moment. :rolleyes: (who knows how many times I'm gona rewatch this drama in future.. I'm so getting the Original when it comes out..:lol:)

I can't help but stop by to rant about Ji Sung again.

I noticed something about him. He has this very special and unique trait of apologising to a person whenever the person he's arguing with retaliates back at him. And I really like this trait of him. It's quite rare to actually see hot headed ppl apologise or say sorry; because they're too engrossed in their fury and problems, they tend to forego other ppl's feelings. But so far Ji Sung has apologised to DG whenever he think he's irked her by commanding or scolding her. And I totally dig this..:wub: HAHAHA...I'm being fan-girly again..XD

hi ripgal, it's my first post here...i stalk this thread, mainly because of LJJ but I almost never post in drama threads. i couldn't resist this time cuz i'm spazzing over him so much and i can't help but agree with what you just said. i've also watched ep 4 countless times, mainly just replaying the sexy KJS scenes LOLz. to your observations i'd just like to add two other of my own: one, that scene where Charlie had rammed the getaway car (digressing...sorry, i know Charlie has fans here but i find him disgusting, especially the hairy chest) with a shaken HDK inside. KJS's first instinct, even in his dogged determination to catch Charlie, was to rush over to check if HDK was OK. that, to me is the mark of a true gentleman, and so made me gush! :blush:

two, i love the way KJS's hangdog expression (oh! those moist puppydog eyes!) suddenly transforms into a full grin that lights up his whole face, i.e. when HDK tried to act cool after agreeing to lunch with him but walked the wrong way, and when the cart ahjusshi started hitting his niece in front of him "the morning after". i've loved LJJ since Il Mare and An Affair and i swear, he's one of the most effortless actors around with the innate ability to speak volumes with his eyes. and don't even get me started on that deep sexy voice....

oh yeah, i also hope we'll get to see KJS riding that hot (or is it "cool"?) bike of his, preferably in a worn leather jacket! ;)

sigh, it's sheer torture to have to wait till next week for the new episodes....

Okay, let me see if I can be of help regarding Do-Gyung (CJW) popping alot of pills at work.... :unsure:

For those of you who watched, Ep. 4, Dr. Suh (Ji-Sung's ex. GF) treated Do-Gyung's wrist from a cut she got from the villain "Charlie" scene....

DG wanted to get refill of her medications by Dr. Suh, and Dr. Suh was very surprised why DG was taking all those medicines. Among them were drug for her bad & frequent (?) headaches, possibly migrane type?, and the other I remember DG mentioned was for insomnia....sleeping pills!

I think DG character is somewhat sensitive and maybe her sad childhood and the guilt she felt over abandoning her younger sister, Yi-Gyung bothers her so much that she needs to take those pills, not to mention alot of stress at work as a general manager at the airport, we can all imagine even in reality.

About the VOD "JiWoo-Punching-JinWook"...........

I watched this new one and I got to understand better now. JiWoo was fooling or joking around, her running to LJJ /Ji-Sung was not part of the script, rehearsal scene!! B'cos the tagline on the VOD said "Rascal and playful JiWoo" !

She was suppopsed to be met by LJW /Ha-Joon who was so happy to see her and running to hug her, but after many rehearsal of punching LJW on the stomach, she ran to LJJ/Ji-Sung to hug him instead...

Now, we can guess maybe she felt sorry to keep punching LJW, who was already injured from the fighting scene previously, so she out of goodness of her heart, avoided doing it over again and ran to LJJ?????

Or she just felt like being playful and fool around by doing that out of spontaneity and thus the PD Yim Tae-Woo said "Drama Ending!~" and also causing the everyone to laugh at her cute & funny act!??? :rolleyes:

We will have to watch more to find out...hehe.. :lol:

ah... for her insomnia... sounds like she has another thing in common with KJS now... :P

I thought she was just fooling around when i first saw the VOD of her running to hug LJJ... it was really cute... hahaha... everytime i watch such behind-the-scenes stuff, i always wonder if everyone gets to enjoy their work like how these ppl seem to be when they are working.

I think LJJ has gained a lot more fans since air city started showing... hahaha

Yeah, Felicia , I forgot to mention the caption on screen also said "JiWoo's Adlib Vs. Playful JiWoo" regarding the cute act she did! It also said "Is it JiWoo's real inner feelings or Do-Gyung's fate?" :lol:

I gotta say that Do-Gyung better not die in this drama, then I wouldn't want to watch it! :sweatingbullets::w00t:

Dear Rosepetal,

Thanks for your clarify of HDK's symptom. I also noticed at Ep.2 that she took some medicine and when HaJoon tried to see her pills, she immediately took it in the drawer. At that time, I thought if she got serious health symptom or not...but I prayed she wouldn't be as I thought. Now I'm much relieve that she'd be fine (at least not die of any serious health)

Photo from Air city Thai board making by Thai fan of Jiwoo

jubbjubb79-1.jpg

jubbjubb80.jpg

jubbjubb78.jpg

HDK4.jpg

Guest hanihash

Am going to take a chance here, knowing its very much a LJJ fansite, and with apologies to frenetic, I do happen to like David McInnis. Not yet in any serious way but I kinda like his bad boy looks. Possibly the only un-Korean parts of him are his hairy chest, arms and bushy eye brows. If anyone is interested I just saw a real nice interview they did with him on ArirangTV. It's in English and was done like a week after he finished shooting the AirCity drama. The link is here "Heart to Heart" talk show on Korea for the World, the World for Korea.. You have to join up before you can watch but everything is in English. Thanks ripgal for the tip on Arirang.

On the talk show, David McInnis talked about how he was discovered. the guy was working in a restaurant until one day, Korean-American Director John Lee, who was at the time making a movie "The Cut Too Deep", walked in and found the guy he was looking for to play the part of JD in his movie about Korean American street gangs. He casted David and years later the Director of "Typhoon" saw this movie and immediately offered David the role as a Thai pirate without an audition.

David speaks about how he liked working with Jang Dong Gun and that he was now close friends wit Lee Jung Jae. This led to the offer to play Charlie in "AirCity" David also talked about his role in the Korean-American joint production movie, "Never Forever" directed by Korean Gina Kim that is due to be released in Korea in June I think. The movie was invited to the Sundance Film Festival 2007 and nominated for the Grand Jury Award.

He seems like such a nice guy. Being of mixed parentage can be really difficult. But he has this oriental shyness and modesty about him in person. His movie character is something else altogether. I really don't find him disgusting and I honestly think he is hot, especially judging from the clips of "Never Forever" where he plays a rich Korea-American businessman. I am gonna try to catch this movie on DVD and I really hope he will go far in his career.

Just finished watching the "Heart to heart" show on ArirangTV with David Lee McInnis, thanks hanihash for the info and the link <3

Even though the whole interview with him was about how he became an actor after being recruited back in 1998, I'm glad he mentioned a bit about Air City, on the last three minutes of his interview hehe.. :P

When being asked what character he played in AC, David said he played as a Chinese character (Charlie Wie). And the host asked, is it a bad guy or good guy, and his answer was, "he's a good guy, sometimes a bad guy.." hahaha..

I wanted to know what he said about his character, but it was too short to talk more about his character, Charlie Wie.

As we know so far, during the first 4 episodes of AC, Charlie seems to be the main 'brain' of the bad guy (since he seems to have more power over the chinese illegal immigrant who got sent back to Hong Kong). But it's quite interesting that David McInnis said he's a good guy, sometimes a bad guy. So, how 'good guy' is this Charlie Wie?

While watching this interview, David McInnis reminds me a lot of Daniel Henney. Like he has almost the same traits as him, hehe.. no wonder coz they came from almost the same background. A Korean mother and an American father.

Funny how all three of these hunks Korean-American actors have the similar initials, D. (*David, Daniel, Dennis*) :D

As though this thread seems to have almost equal amount of fans between Choi Ji Woo and Lee Jung Jae (and perhaps Lee Jin Wook? hehe), I'm probably one of the few that also admire David McInnis. Now that I know a bit more about his background, I'll be sure to catch him on "Now Forever" movie that comes out June 20th :)

*oh, btw, he played also in AMTR (A Moment To Remember)? :o Omo.... which one is he?*

Archived