[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Guest atomickitty

@o,
I think LK is biding her time. She's not a demure woman but she's also not a stupid one. I would do the same in her situation. Investigate more around the life of EH before I do anything.  And I might not even do anything. I said before, I don't think she wanted to do anything with EH when she asked EH's mom where's my daughter? I don't think she was going to swoop in and 'claim' EH like they like to do in other dramas (YTBLSS). I think she would have just done what she's going to try to do now. Help EH on the side without her knowing. Or just come in and say she's her aunt (father's sister).

A mother (or even an aunt.. which is technically what EH's mom is) always wants the best for their child. And the best isn't always directly related to the money but what the money can buy. Example, the money could buy private detectives to investigate and prove the innocence of EH's father. EH will forever be branded a child of a murderer wherever she goes. That's a big deal in Korean culture (am sure in other cultures too). I shudder to think about how that girl in I Miss You was treated because of it. Might be dramatized for TV, but I think it would have been even worse in the 70s. A mother will want that stigma removed from her daughters life. You can't run forever. As that drunk is proving to Mr. Cha... someone always knows. I think EH's mom should think about how LK's money would help them clear her husbands name, essentially clearing EH's reputation.

I don't think LK meant to leave EH with her brother forever. If she did, she wouldn't be looking for them now. Also, remember the war broke out, the village bombed, so she couldn't go back. Am pretty sure she's been looking for them for a while.

I'm just disappointed in EH's mom's lying. It's such a big thing to lie about and I don't fully understand her motivation. If the reason is that LK was horrible, she doesn't seem that horrible by the way they were talking in the cafe. If someone was horrible, you wouldn't sit and cry with them like EH's mom did... twice. I just think it's selfish for EH's mom to want to keep EH to herself without fully thinking of what having LK's money could do for EH. Not just the potential makeover, but education and clearing her father's name are also important things that need money.

Now, let's talk about Mr. Cha.. ohhhhh.. the evil that is inside is coming out... They always start out nice and you feel pity for them. I remember this feeling too from TV Novel Sam Seang with the bad uncle. In the beginning, I felt bad for him because of his situation and how his daughter was treated. But as the story went, as he got more success, he because so evil. Same thing seems to be happening to Mr. Cha. I just wonder how low he will sink, what other evil deeds he'll do to cover up the killing. Will he kill someone else (possibly the drunk) to cover up the original crime? The truth will be known to all, eventually.. I wonder how his wife will take it? If she'll say confess or if she'll want to hide it. I'm guessing she'll want to hide it to protect her daughter.

I'm just waiting for YJ to find out 100% that it was her father that was the killer. I am so very interested to see how that BSC (hi @kdramafan469) girl handles it. I am expecting to watch her try to cover it up just so she can marry her brother. I wonder how she'll act with EH after she knows the truth. I'm sure she's still going to try to use the 'Your father killed his father' line on EH to keep her away. Well.. we are only half way in. So much more story to tell. I'm finding I'm enjoying this the most out of all the daily dramas I'm watching so far. This is a first for me as I'm always throwing stones at TV Novel.

Who watched today's episode).......that BSC snake, full of venom after a tiff with SJ .....runs into VP in Incheon and maliciously informs him that EH is a murderer's daughter.  What a spiteful snake.

OK I am not clear about the reason for her doing that......but from my very vague understanding, I think she wants to hold her engagement at Seoul Hotel but SJ is against it....so she maliciously tells this to VP in the hope EH gets kicked out, and she gets her way to hold her engagement party there (I will have to watch this episode at KBS world in future to see whether I am right).  In your face ugly richard simmons but VP likes EH so like hell he is going to listen to u and kick her out.

@atomickitty, I understand your points.  I'll just have to wait and see further developments (in a language I totally understand!) before I comment any further.  But all I want to say is that EH's Mom herself is showing a good example to her daughter.  Through her and EH's behaviour and the way she raised EH, someone like the landlord thinks that Hyeongman may possible not be a murderer since Ms Han doesn't doubt him.  And best of all, he thinks that no-one can find any fault with them for the way they conduct themselves that it doesn't matter if her husband is a murderer.  I may be wrong but does Ms Han have any reason to think that she would need to rely on LK's deep pockets to hire private detectives since the policeman who was in-charge of the case seems to doubt Hyeongman's guilt, ,talked about finding the witness any day now and seems genuinly all gung-ho about solving the matter even though the statute of limitation has run out?  But anyway, I'll wait and see further developments.

@timsha, good!  Let the venemous daughter choke on her venom when she finds out who is responsible for SJ's father's death.  But knowing her, she will grow longer and sharper fangs.   The VP is looking more and more charming.  But how will it work out when one is a daughter and the other is a step-son.  Poor EH, why such a sad love life!

Here I am into this slow moving novel.
YJ said nasty things in front of SJ about EH. She doesn't want EH to attend the wedding but said she invited her out of courtesy. SJ got angry. 
YJ told VP about EH being the daughter of a murderer because she doesn't want EH to work in the hotel. Since EH is going to be in contact due to tofu business with Seoul hotel, YJ doesn't want SJ to have any contact with her as the uncle has been sent to work in the warehouse and even though SJ said that YJ's father to deal with Seoul Hotel. 
I like EH with VP even though JT is a nice guy. EH must not end up with SJ. Even if the truth is revealed, there is too much animosity between the two families for the relationship to work. 
Why is EH's ponytail not straight, neither is it sideway? I feel like jumping into the screen to fix her hair.

@gene71632 My dear I have never been happier to see anyone..... thanks for the recap above.  Agree with u on that ponytail......its straggly, someone here referred to it as rat's tail, plus its always tied up slightly off centre (more to the left side).  Dont think its a 70's fashion trend.....I should know, I was a teenager in the 70's.  We had nice pony tails and tied a ribbon with a bow round it to match our dress color. ;;)

Me too.....I like VP better.  JT is a good man but no sparks flying between them.....they are more like best buddies.  But VP is step brother..... some see it as an issue....... if it is then there is no logic for the writer pairing YJ with SJ who lived as siblings under one roof for donkey years.

I am afraid EH and VP are not just step siblings but half siblings. Then my pairing hope will vanish into thin air. :((  The President said to EH's mother and father when she gave EH to them to raise was that EH's father had died. So, it may be that EH was VP's half sister. I hope I am totally wrong.  

I hope they are not half siblings.  Like it was said that EH was handed over to Hyeongman to raise when EH's father died.... if that was so, she was already married to the old man ..... if she can raise Choi Myeongho, why couldn't she raise EH?  Something does not added up.  Also the the VP was quite a big boy when his father died, surely he was old enough to know that he had a step sister?   I always thought that EH was a child out of wedlock, if she was married to VP's dad what was the reason for leaving the child with her brother to raise? Unless she had an affair with VP's dad while she was still his secretary and left the child with her brother, and later married the old man after VP's mum died.... then tried to get EH back but too late as the war broke out?  Any ideas??

I would be miserable if they were half siblings. =((

@gene71632  I keep wondering if the VP dad was EH dad also, but I don't see LK giving away her child if she was married to the president at the time he died. We know that when the VP dad died they were all in a car crash. The dad died in the crash, and the VP was seriously hurt, and LK was not hurt. If she had been pregnant or married to him at the time EH would have benefited greatly from being his child. So I don't think he is the father or that EH and VP have blood ties. But I too could be wrong.
@atomickitty that delusional BSC gets worse with each friggin episode. I just want to see her get whats coming to her, but seeing that we are only half way through this drama it wont happen anytime soon. :-(

Guest atomickitty

@o, having raised a child alone during/after a war, EH's mom would be ridiculously naive not to know the power of money. How many years has it been since EH had to leave town for reasons stemming from her being 'the daughter of a murderer'? Hello policeman, where is your investigation going? I'm thinking 2 private investigators with adequate motivation would find that drunk quickly enough. Even JT, with direction from LK, would be faster. Also EH's mom doesn't think LK is a bad person. She spoke of her fondly to VP in the last episode. So much so that VP was suspicious and asked her if she knew his mother. And of course EH's mom says oh no, I don't know her. I'm also pretty sure the landlord thinks Mr. Cha is a good person. Well, everyone does right now. I can't wait for the truth to be known. I'm just worried about what else will be thrown at EH before the truth comes out.

@gene71632, hi there. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. This TV Novel is looking better than the past ones. I know I said I wouldn't be back for this dose of TV Novel.. but here I am. And here you are. Thank you for explaining what was said between YJ and SJ. Although I don't want to, I am also leaning towards EH and VP pairing. I'm just afraid they will make them related to make me angry (like they always do).

@timsha, your ponytail comment is funny. I said it before, she needs to run a brush through that hair. It always looks so disheveled. She doesn't have to wear fancy clothes like YJ because well, she can't afford them. But dammit girl, comb your hair!!!

@kdramafan469, Yes, we have to be patient. It might take a while (like 40 more episodes) for BSC YJ to get what's coming to her. We're going to have to grit our teeth and bear all the horrible things she's going to do... like telling the VP EH is a murderer's daughter.. before the truth is known to all. Her father really laid into her for opening her big mouth. You know what, let her keep telling people. That's just going to force the ones that care about EH, like VP and LK, to look into it and find the truth. I'm sure that's what her father is afraid of, and why he yelled at her. Stupid girl. Keep it up. It will only come to bite you in the skinny backside.

Of course she knows the power of money but as I said before, to me, I don't think she would make it a deciding factor. Even to clear Hyeongman's name. Yes, I agree that she doesn't think that LK is a bad person.  As I had recalled in one of my previous posts, she told the landlord that they were very close and if she could return to her hometown, she would search for her.  To me, there must be a reason/reasons why she would not disclose the truth to LK and EH.  I will give her the benefit of the doubt until the reason(s) are disclosed. 

Let's agree to disagree.  I think it will be many episodes till we know the truth. 

@kdramafan469, I agree with you.  I too had previously speculated that the VP's Dad might not be EH's Dad.  Or she found out she was expecting and it didn't look like they had a future together.  So she gave EH to Hyeongman and wife to raise.  And as @timsha said, she could have tried to get EH back after she married the VP's Dad but war broke out ...

Guest atomickitty

@o, my Korean isn't 100% but am pretty sure the reason is she doesn't want to be alone. She's apologized to LK in her mind so many times. "mianada hyungnim.. mianada hyungnim"

I just watched the most recent episode again just to see YJ get yelled at by her father in the previews and to see the HUH! look on YJ's mom when she's at the jail with the drunk. Is that wrong of me? Also wanted to see the scene where VP grabs EH's arm.. sooo manly... ;)   (I know I'm an idiot, but what can I do. I'm old. It's too late to change me). Golly.. he better not turn out to be her brother. I feel bad for JT but they aren't giving him any scenes that promise romantic interactions with EH. I think the writer wants us to go to VP team, just so they can torture us with the "are they? aren't they related?" mess. Well, even if they're not related by blood, there's that whole, you can't marry your bio mother's step son thing they like to do in dramas when it suits them. We all remember that from the TV Novel that shall not be named...

@atomickitty, when I read how Ms Han apologised to LK in her mind, for a moment I was confused and thought I was reading about the villain who is always apologising in his mind and vowing to set things right!  I hope Ms Han will have a good reason other than not wanting to be alone.  After all, she definitely wouldn't be alone as neither LK or EH would ever abandon her.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Today I saw what I think was Ep 52 where the hotel received their important Japanese-Korean visitor.  I thought EH was particularly clumsy and stupid, whispering in an aside to the VP thinking the visitor doesn't understand Korean.  Not being able to speak the language doesn't mean one can't understand it.  And speaking of that, btw, I am really impressed that you and @timsha, can understand enough Korean to follow the drama. 

Guest ayselbora

Hi, a few one

.I like this show and the slow thread.JT is a honest and trustworthy young man but  I'm more and more for the Prince of Darkness. SJ is out the question. I wunder if they will torture us with a new version of  the "known"  tv novel : You are half ,quarter , etc sibling, you can not be together! Or they will a compensation of all the pain we endured  by watching that novel.?

ı can't understand EH omma. ıI used to hate this actress in  Cheer up, Mr.Kim but here she was very cheerfull und lovely. She seems now show another face.

Archived